Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    @NovusDies Wow. Killer job on that man! Appreciate all the effort!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @NovusDies Looks awesome! I am looking forward to the next month’s thread , because I have gained immense knowledge from everyone we have met along the way. Thanks to you and @orphia for continuing it. Xo
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @NovusDies Thanks for the updated resources.

I've saved it and removed the EasyQuitDrinking app bit because there doesn't seem to be such an app.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Orphia wrote: »

I've saved it and removed the EasyQuitDrinking app bit because there doesn't seem to be such an app.

I couldn't find it either but we have had people using it which is how it made its way into the post. I don't know where all the cool kids get their apps so I assumed I was looking in the wrong places.

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Mornin' y'all. Im doing the 16/8 intermittent fasting thing and I am hangry. I'm only eating between 11-7 and its 10:40 am now so the time is fast approaching to be able to eat. Yay! I've been doing this 3 days and have lost 1.2 lbs. Does anyone else do this and has it been successful for you? I hear it's good for all kinds of health reasons, not just weight control.

Interesting!!! I've been doing IF for the past few days...I recently wrote a blog about it asking if anyone had some feedback for me. I never even thought to ask on this forum. I read an article on MSN about it & was intrigued by all the health benefits. I'm also doing the 16/8 fast. So far so good. I was losing at a good rate before, but like I said, it's the other health claims that motivated me to try it. I'm giving it till the end of August to see how it is, but I actually don't mind eating this way. Keep me posted please
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member

I have the EasyQuitDrinking app on my phone. Perhaps it is a Canadian thing...????
  • NovusDies

I have the EasyQuitDrinking app on my phone. Perhaps it is a Canadian thing...????

Well it is definitely "cooler" up there so I was right. :tongue:
  • Orphia

Can you post a link to it on the App Store or Google Play?

The only references on Google seem to be to here and a couple of forum posts elsewhere. No app links.
  • NovusDies
    edited July 2018
    @NovusDies Looks awesome! I am looking forward to the next month’s thread , because I have gained immense knowledge from everyone we have met along the way. Thanks to you and @orphia for continuing it. Xo

I don't deserve any credit for continuing it. @Orphia is the one who will be doing all the work hosting and the members are doing such a great job greeting and congratulating people.
  • Orphia
    Hmm, interesting thought about this not being a month challenge.

Maybe we could just call the thread "Less Alcohol" and continue it indefinitely, or until the resources OP desperately needs updating, and have a bit in the OP about joining for however long you need.

Or is that the complete opposite to where you were heading?

I probably think too much, and am remembering what I read about people thinking Dry July etc means binge drinking the rest of the year.
  • NovusDies
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @NovusDies Wow. Killer job on that man! Appreciate all the effort!

It feels more complete now. The only thing that is bothering me still is there is not really enough there for moderation goals. Nothing can be done about it for August now. Maybe if @orphia doesn't mind we can look at it again next month and see if there is something we can do about that.

• Orphia
    Fair enough. If it ain't broke, no need to "fix" it. :smiley:

I look forward to next month.