workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Even for $11.50, I don't do spangly.

I chuckled a little at this :D
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I called Old Navy about exchanging the plum running shorts for a color that didn't show All The Sweat and the guy was super helpful - even said they'd accept the pair I'd worn and washed! Unfortunately, it turned out that the only size and color they had left in stock was the same color in XS, which doesn't work on multiple levels. Well, it's no big deal, especially since I got them for $10 a pair (no doubt why the sold out) - I'll save them for shorter runs and buy another pair of Baleafs for long runs while trolling Oiselle for sales.

I do think I'm going to return the yoga pants I got, though. The side stripe turned out to be spangly, ffs. That will not do. Even for $11.50, I don't do spangly.

Haha! I have some deep red MPG shorts that look like i peed myself on hot runs. Aint no thang 😄
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    happens in yoga and aerial classes all the time. so i have a tendency to wear black or patterns. seems to help @MegaMooseEsq @Elise4270
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq, @elise4270 and @mbaker566 - I have a few pairs of shorts and capris like that too and I will wear them to run in (not to the gym though - too many eyes there). I have found several longer shirts that I wear with them that cover in the front and back so it is not so visible. One of my favorites is a $12.99 shirt from Costco. I got one in the store and ordered other colors online and they ship for free... https://www.costco.com/Tuff-Ladies'-Active-Keyhole-Tee.product.100390351.html
    Nike used to have some too but theirs and UA's all seem to be getting shorter the last few seasons.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    August goal: 75 miles

8/1: 4.5 miles
    8/2: 5 miles

9.5/75 miles

It was another beautiful, cool day for a run. I got out the door pretty quickly and managed to get 5 miles in. I know that the temperatures are supposed to be back up in the high 90s and 100s this weekend, but I am enjoying this respite from the heat while I can. Yesterday it seemed like fall to me. Tomorrow will be a rest day and my son and his girlfriend are coming in for the weekend so I am looking forward to that.

exercise.png

2018 races:
    5/19/18: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - 2:43:59.7. - 2nd place AG
    11/10/18: Wags & Whiskers 5K
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Someone last month mentioned Gypsy Runner for shorts with pockets... Has anyone tried them? Any comments on fit? I am also interested in the shirts. They have some really cute designs.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    happens in yoga and aerial classes all the time. so i have a tendency to wear black or patterns. seems to help @MegaMooseEsq @Elise4270

Yeah, I was hoping to exchange for black, but no such luck! Live and learn. At least I know the Baleafs don't show sweat in several colors.
    shanaber wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq, @elise4270 and @mbaker566 - I have a few pairs of shorts and capris like that too and I will wear them to run in (not to the gym though - too many eyes there). I have found several longer shirts that I wear with them that cover in the front and back so it is not so visible. One of my favorites is a $12.99 shirt from Costco. I got one in the store and ordered other colors online and they ship for free... https://www.costco.com/Tuff-Ladies'-Active-Keyhole-Tee.product.100390351.html
    Nike used to have some too but theirs and UA's all seem to be getting shorter the last few seasons.

My running shirts are just past crotch length so it's probably not ALL that visible. I'm probably going to need new long-sleeves this year but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I was thinking about buying some loose shorts to wear over the compression shorts but I'm probably not going to worry about it. As @Elise4270 said, it ain't no thing.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Someone last month mentioned Gypsy Runner for shorts with pockets... Has anyone tried them? Any comments on fit? I am also interested in the shirts. They have some really cute designs.

I bought a pair and love them!

Pros: Nice deep pockets and they don't ride up at all. (I got the 9 inch ones; they stay put well enough that I'm going to buy the 7 inch ones).

Cons: They must be hung to dry, but I have to do that with my running bras, too, so not really a big deal. It does mean that I have to have another pair or two, though.

Also, they don't have a ton of "compression" to them, if that matters. I felt a little...jiggly...in them, so I prefer to wear a longer shirt with them.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Guys there's a 4th race I want to do in December. I'm resisting lol

https://pics.me.me/look-into-my-eyes-resistance-is-futile-caption-by-kittyworks-5066454.png4iafomroy1lk.png

I feel like 4 is a lot of races in a month. I am going to wait and see. I am doing no spend August and will probably do no spend September too. Having a fridge and ac go within a week of each other puts a dent in the race fund!

It depends on the races. I have 6 races in August: A series of 4 cross country 5K races, with a mile road race and a 400m on the same evening as the last 5K. The 5K course is a little short, closer to 3 miles. The races are low key. I'm using them instead of speed work for August. I don't think this is excessive. I am thinking in terms of finishing the last 5K early in the pack, so I get more recovery time before the mile than some of the slower runners do.

OTOH, the 4 races I had originally registered for in June was a very aggressive month: National masters half marathon, trail half marathon, fast & competitive 5K, and trail 5 mile. I ended up being injured after the half, DNS the trail half, and running as the day developed for the other two while worrying about aggravating my injury.

I only have two races in September: A half marathon with a tough course on September 2, and a full marathon with a reputedly easy course on September 30. Those 2 races are aggressive enough, and in total more aggressive than August's 6 races.
  • silvereve
    silvereve Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    8/1- 2 miles with core class
    8/2- circuit training class
  • mbaker566
    edited August 2018
    Options
    so i've been feeling aimless. and i don't know if i have a commitment. and keeping in mind i'm a turtle
    if i were to do that whole 26.2 mile thing, which plan do you like better?
    j7rfyygymoki.png

tgcksqapr7uj.png
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 On the first plan, where is Sunday? I assume that is the long run day?

MobyCarp Well, it's the month after my marathon too! But I find I need to get back out or I won't and it's too hard. I am not planning to push myself in most of these. There's only one I want to at least maintain my time because they do a special corral and you have to prove your previous time. The other 2 (or 3) I am just doing for fun.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i fixed it @RunsOnEspresso