WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,139 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Do you do a specific kettlebell workout? If so, is it on YouTube or DVD?

Tracey in Edmonton

I follow Pavel Tsatsouline Kettlebell Simple and Sinister he wrote a routine for Stronglift instructors that is a compound lifting routine with progressive overload, which means you use every muscle and constantly increase reps, sets, or weight amounts. I'm working at increasing to my 45 pound Kettlebell. The longest workout I'm doing is 25 minutes long but work time is only 15 seconds ( time it takes to squat or swing) every minute. So really only working 6-7 minutes max.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

Here is my site with lots of videos and information.

<3
  • chasesrainbows
    chasesrainbows Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this thread! Just started tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal and LOVE the app!!! I will lose 35 lbs. by my birthday - November 8th - when I will turn (gasp!) 60! Not doing any diet - just keeping calories at or under 1,000 per day and decreasing carbs, upping protein and fiber, and committed to 30 minutes of cardio per day.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,379 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    B):*
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Real quick: Here is one of the ships coming into port for Coast Guard Festival. The other photo was taken from my oldest son's neighbor's window (my DOS has the same view, but was down in the streets for a street dance on this evening). Sunset over the CG Fest Carnival.

2tzct8b6r3cg.jpg
    ausyt7bpkt94.jpg

That looks amazing, would love to see that in person.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Do you do a specific kettlebell workout? If so, is it on YouTube or DVD?

Tracey in Edmonton

I follow Pavel Tsatsouline Kettlebell Simple and Sinister he wrote a routine for Stronglift instructors that is a compound lifting routine with progressive overload, which means you use every muscle and constantly increase reps, sets, or weight amounts. I'm working at increasing to my 45 pound Kettlebell. The longest workout I'm doing is 25 minutes long but work time is only 15 seconds ( time it takes to squat or swing) every minute. So really only working 6-7 minutes max.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

Here is my site with lots of videos and information.

<3

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Good days here, weeding now, and doing projects! I have more energy! Yeah!
    Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Heather--you have been busy. I know when I clean a space how much better I feel.

Sue--Prayers and hugs! Having people, even family, around 24/7 is not easy.

Barbie--Keeping you in prayer and sending hugs.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Mmm
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Groceries bought, Pygmy yard mowed and roots colored. I saw a coral snake in the front yard while I was mowing and almost had a heart attack! I hate snakes!!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, love your Tiger Balm story. I will remember it each time I use it. Don't you love the name? A great name makes all the difference.

Well, yesterday turned out pretty good for me. I made progress with my horse training, did a bit more quilting, a few more loads of topsoil moved from the roundpen down to the Secret Garden and I wrote another scene on my book. I fasted all day but indulged in a glass of wine and a chocolate chip cookie in the evening...still dropped another pound on the scales this morning, moving closer to my Happy Place. I made a gourmet dinner for my husband which he loved: a venison meat pie in hand-made pastry. I get a lot of pleasure out of watching him eat. I find I can eat vicariously and just about taste every bite. LOL So today is Day four of my second fast. I'm eating a small amount, under 500 cals each day so the weight is coming off slower but it's coming off and that's the main thing.

Katla, it is funny to think of your coming autumn when it's our coming spring. The world is a strange and wonderful place.

Kellie, I wish we had a festival like that here. It looks amazing and that sky is to die for!

Heather, and any others who wake up at night with anger/anxiety, I find it useful to keep Saint John's Wort tincture near my bed. A drop of that under the tongue goes instantly into the blood stream and will calm down your nighttime angst.

Well, I have lots on my To Do list today. I want to get an early start and make some major headway and burn some major fat off. <3 Wendy
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,139 Member
    Options
    Meg- thanks! I appreciate your support. Have a safe trip to Colorado. Congratulations on your success! 13.8 is great! Love your DH's birthday card! He'll get a good laugh as well as whoever reads it! Best wishes to him! Sending you a virtual (((hug)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooooooo very happy with tonight's dinner. :D Re cooked the meat I salvaged from the freezer disaster into a sort of bolognese. Did that in the IP. Had it with half of the huge marrow I was given at yoga. I baked it, peeled, in slices. Also had half a plateful each of spring cabbage. A sprinkle of grated cheese. Heaven! You should see the amount of veg we eat! We liked the meal so much we are having it again on Saturday :D with the left over sauce.
    Dessert is our own gooseberries with homemade yoghurt.

Meg - I'm angry at the incompetent solicitors. STUPID people. We still have not had a look at the deeds, or fixtures and fittings. We constantly ring them, as does the estate agent. Things have never arrived, or they can't find them etc etc. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    DH is also livid.
    He is suffering with acid reflux, which I'm sure is stress. Today he saw a practice nurse and she gave him the equivalent of the dreaded Nexium. He's only taking it for two weeks initially, but I'm not delighted. :( It's very unusual for him to go to the doctor, but it's been disturbing his sleep.

We both feel a bit better tonight. We have done all we can, short of putting a bomb under them.
    We will definitely feed back to the appropriate people what we think of the firm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    <3