WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options

Cherie
    - hope you made it thru your tests OK and get things resolved!

Rebecca - crossing fingers your DH's cute little truck is ready to go by the time the monsoons hit. I am thinking of them today, lol.

Meg - which stationary peddler did you get? Did you order the one Janetr gave us the link to? I'll be curious to see how you like it as you get more used to it. Nifty idea with the inmate cards! :)

Heather - wanted to mention how neat you found your grandfather's house. And to think of you were able to see what he saw through your eyes.

Barbie
    - hope your doc had some good news - is your PT scheduled yet? Nice to have a fenced back area to let your dogs run until Jake or you can let them stretch their legs.

Katla
    - Dr. Cate discusses lactose intolerance and advises cheese and whole milk (unsweetened) yogurt - she claims the lactose is digested through the fermentation process. Neat they sell actual lactose free milk at the stores now - gives a lot of folks relief!

Going to be a hot week here - we'll see upper 90's before it breaks I reckon. Will be OK as long as our neighborhood doesn't catch on fire. :# Even mowing can light a spark and they have banned target practice which might also get a spark going.

Before I forget, I am on the last Episode of Rosemary & Thyme. Loved it! Watched DI Banks before I started this series so will be looking for a new one to get hooked on, lol.

OK, time to feed the dogs and boil water for spaghetti for DH and heat the kitchen up still more. UGH! >:)

Have a good week ladies!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Just found the tail of what was presumably a fairly large lizard in my tennis shoe, where Egg was peering, which was what drew my attention. I evicted said body part, which made her very frustrated. I'd be OK with the whole thing if I knew where the rest of the blinking thing is...

Lisa,
    Having a Monday in AR

Lizards are a great pest cobtrol! In California we had gecko lizards in the foundation and inside the stucco walls. I would see evidence of them, a tail hanging from here or there, but I had no ants, no nothing! So think of it as nature's way of pest control!
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kim!!!
    Cherie hope all went well.
    Jammies and in bed.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Cheri hugs. Glad test is done!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Dana - you look great! And happy...

Penny - so good to see you, as well, glad you had a terrific summer.

Re - if you're checking in, my deepest sympathy. My mother's been gone nearly 20 years, and still, there are edges on the memories of losing her.

Rori and Barbara - you're welcome... :) Still trying to be lighter myself.

Frankiesgirl - I remember you... and have great sympathy. We have all used food as a coping mechanism when our troubles seem too large to bear any other way. It changes the way we're feeling, if only for moments. It was literally my drug of choice, to try to blunt the pain I was going through in my personal life, and to make me feel loved, even if only for a few moments. I also ate too much as punishment, for being too pretty, for being too needy, to wrap a blanket around myself so I didn't get hurt too much. Please note, this is in hindsight--I didn't make it to that realization until I was over 300 pounds. We invest far, far too much emotion into food. This does not make you a bad person. That feeling of eating until you are full, if not over-full, is sometimes the one thing that stays the same in lives that are chaotic, painful, and stressful. Until I figured out that food did not love me back, and that the feeling of over-satiation wasn't love, and it wasn't punishment, it was just overeating, I didn't start to change things. We don't have a food addiction (everybody does, without food, we die), we have an addiction to how overeating makes us feel. I don't have a magic bullet to make that different, as everyone's path to that particular truth is individual. But the truth is there, if you reach for it, and you're the only one who can... you have that power, and you have that possibility.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all philosophical on the subject, but I think it's really important. Food is not love, it is fuel for the engine that is your brain and your body. Until we pull emotion out of it, we can't address it rationally, and we can't start treating ourselves well. Building a new relationship with food is key, however you choose to make that happen.

Feeling more myself this morning, after getting nearly 7 hours sleep last night. Egg was purring on my lap, kneading my tummy, nipping my elbows as I was trying to type, and now checking my entire office for anything that she can slide around on my chair mat to make noise, as well as checking my bag to see if I brought anything back for her. Corey's asleep, washer and dryer are both going, and I'm feeling like I'm where I'm supposed to be for a few more days.

Someone said I sounded a bit stressed. I was honestly doing OK with all my upcoming travel, with my boss leaving, and then my counterpart in El Paso leaving, but then I was given access to the departing manager's email to make sure nothing got missed on her current workload. When I went to look at it, I found that her inbox was a) so full it was throwing warnings out that deletions were necessary or no mail could be received shortly and b) it was so full because she kept emails back to 2014, the year she started with the organization.

In her inbox. My head exploded, pretty much on the spot.

I keep my inbox super clean, with all emails either filed or deleted, minimum once a week, sometimes daily. It's part of how I handle my workload, and helps me build my own to-do list, as I go through it. The thought of going through THOUSANDS of e-mails to try to make some sense of things added a burden that suddenly made everything bigger. Thank you to whoever said that I sounded stressed, because for whatever reason, it made me ask myself "why?" and that led me to identify the final straw that made that burden too heavy. Now that I know that, I can quit avoiding her email, go clean it up, and quit feeling this way. The rest I can handle... much like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

So, while the world is asleep, I'm about to go over and get all savage on that inbox. Everything from 2014 to 2016 is going to get deleted out of hand. That will help a LOT. Then I can deal with the rest.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR, with electronic chainsaw in hand, about to go all gonzo on the untidy mess I was handed... :)

I would die! I can’t have emails in my inbox that have been dealt with. It drives me insane. No wonder you got stressed.

Have fun with that electric chainsaw!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :'( My doctor is out of the office all week so I won't see her until next week. I have physical therapy scheduled for August 14, 21, 28. This is clearly an opportunity for growth. I am learning a lot about patience.

:)Kim, Happy birthday and congrats on speaking up about how you want to celebrate. It took me a long time to make it clear to my loved ones that I don't like to go out to eat and I don't want gifts.

:)Pip, glad you are back to being active.

:)Cheri, glad you got through the test

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 5 minutes hula hooping, held my plank for 3 minutes then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Prevention 400 Calorie Burn DVD.

Went to bowling then picked up my car. As I was driving up to ceramics, that AT light came back on. Grrrrr….. I’m supposed to take it in tomorrow. The original exercise plan was to do a downloadable spinning routine, but now I’ll do something at home. Went to ceramics then mahjongg. Found out that if we purchase bisq somewhere else, we’re supposed to pay them a few dollars for the paint. This is the first we’ve ever heard of this. Really, that’s not a big problem, and it’s not like you pay every time you paint. You pay for the use of the paint and for them to fire it.

Katie – Loki isn’t real old, I’d guess him to only be about 7 or 8. What we’re thinking is the he might be somewhat jealous of the fact that I’m spending time with Shadow so I’m trying spending less time with her. I guess we shall see how this works.

As far as gifts go: I would rather someone give me something I need and will use rather than something they think I might like because many times it turns out that I really don’t like it and just wind up donating it.

Before we left for bowling, I called about my car and they said it would be a few hours. Well, when we got home I called again & was told that it was ready. Really, Vince wasn’t planning to call until later. Glad I did call when I did

Cheri – glad the test is out of the way for you. Now it’s just waiting for the results

Meg – as we were going to pick up my car, it was misting by our house but, boy, did we go thru a downpour! I actually had to wait in the car before going into the dealership. But by the time I’d paid, it was just misting out.

Michele in NC
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify - I haven't actually bought the organising stuff, just put it on my wishlist. I will wait to move before I decide exactly what I need and what colours. B)
    DH is going to ring the solicitors today to check how far they have got with the docs they need to send on to us. :#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Did you find major appliances to fit your kitchen space? Curious about how you solved that dilemma.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday!

I am caught up again reading, but didn't take notes. :( I am trying to stay busy with home and work. Time is flying by so fast that September and travel will be here faster than I anticipate. I am encouraged by all the decluttering occurring! I too took the declutter quiz. It said I was also a lady bug. As long as the visual stuffs are cleaned and organized, I can overlook the other for a while. One step at a time. ;) Last night after dinner and cleaning the kitchen back up, I tackled the stuff I have been throwing into the guest room onto the bed. I spent 1.5 hours, shredding, and putting away stuffs. That closet and those drawers are a MESS! Again, have to wait on those until November. My stuffs, but hits panic button on husband. Currently still working on deep cleaning visual stuffs.
    Had a great weekend. Enjoyed the car show, won a top 80 trophy, and spent time with friends. Even managed to get some laundry done. I bought a small notebook to keep track of goals for work and home. Will see if it works;)
    Actually had over an hour active minutes yesterday, including dancing to 2 songs while cooking dinner.

Healing thoughts to those struggling with health issues!
    Safe travels and great memories to those traveling!
    Welcome to the New Ladies! This group is so inspirational!

Have a blessed day!
    <3
    Kylia