• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427, Yay you!!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    So what are some of the things you do to distract yourself from wanting that drink? Such as when, happy hour rolls around just before dinner or the usual drink after work, etc....

Watch a Craig Beck or Annie Grace video on YouTube. All kinds of info on how to deal with cravings and changing habits. Very informative.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    To clear my last post up:

MOST people in this group do not judge us moderators. So you guys are not the issue. As I said, you guys have been a huge part of my positive journey and I love you guys.
    But there are a few people who make those kind of comments like their thought process is the only thought process cause that is what worked for their recovery. And those people are the ones that have made me decide to move on.
    <3
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ Stay! Your exemplary moderation is just what's required when things get too AAish.
  • Orphia
    Options
    I danced. Kind of.

Bit hard knowing how to move to post-metalcore punk/rap. :lol:

(Hellions - "X (Mwah)")
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 3 AF- wanted a drink earlier but was able to redirect myself. My goal is to be AF on weeknights and enjoy drinks on weekend nights. So far so good. And just to clarify, weekend drinking will not be binge drinking, just enjoying a glass of wine or s cocktail.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Never mind. I don’t want this to be a thing.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Aww @WinoGelato. Of course I respect your decision but I’ll miss hearing about your cool business travel and successful moderation. Also you helped me get excited about Italy and told me what to expect in business class. Your input will be missed!
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    andysport1 wrote: »
    So what are some of the things you do to distract yourself from wanting that drink? Such as when, happy hour rolls around just before dinner or the usual drink after work, etc....

It’s funny to sit and watch people convince themselves, it tastes nice, or it quenches their thirst.

I miss the early months when everyone supported everyone in this group. Go back and read Jan and Feb threads. It was support for LESS ALCOHOL. Not an AA group. Nothing but love in those days.
    As opposed to the constant attacks on those of is that are able to moderate and enjoy alcohol.
    I came back from vacation on Sunday night to catch up on this thread, and half of it was more debate of that. So I ignored for a few days and come to this.

I truly truly thank all of you who have supported me and helped me get my health on track this year. I love a lot of you. But I can’t come here and read this stuff everyday.

My post is to someone who is going af, I’m not saying anything against anyone who’s moderating, I’m not attacking anyone, I’m supporting and sharing what I do.
    If you take it personally that’s your loss.
    I don’t debate with anyone
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

It’s funny to sit and watch people convince themselves, it tastes nice, or it quenches their thirst.

I miss the early months when everyone supported everyone in this group. Go back and read Jan and Feb threads. It was support for LESS ALCOHOL. Not an AA group. Nothing but love in those days.
    As opposed to the constant attacks on those of is that are able to moderate and enjoy alcohol.
    I came back from vacation on Sunday night to catch up on this thread, and half of it was more debate of that. So I ignored for a few days and come to this.

I truly truly thank all of you who have supported me and helped me get my health on track this year. I love a lot of you. But I can’t come here and read this stuff everyday.

I've been feeling the same way. I loved this thread in the early months. Lately I just feel judged. I wish you success in your journey Eric, I love you too.
  • snoo61
    Options
    To clear my last post up:

MOST people in this group do not judge us moderators. So you guys are not the issue. As I said, you guys have been a huge part of my positive journey and I love you guys.
    But there are a few people who make those kind of comments like their thought process is the only thought process cause that is what worked for their recovery. And those people are the ones that have made me decide to move on.
    <3

Agreed! The ones asking him to stay are not the issue, as Eric said, most of you aren't.
  • snoo61
    Options

My post is to someone who is going af, I’m not saying anything against anyone who’s moderating, I’m not attacking anyone, I’m supporting and sharing what I do.
    If you take it personally that’s your loss.
    I don’t debate with anyone

I don't feel judgment from you. I don't think everyone here is doing it.
  • Orphia
    Options
    Alli_11 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm struggling with stopping before I have had too much.

Welcome, @Alli_11 Any time you're struggling, read the opening post, or dip into it - there's lots there that have helped all of us!

Well done for sharing your struggle in the open. That's a big step in the right direction.