WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• mnewell0293
    mnewell0293 Posts: 34 Member
    Happy Thursday ladies! Grateful we might finally get a break from all the humidity we have been having so I can weed the garden without heat stroke :o

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

It's Friday Eve!

Melissa in NY
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Good morning! Good morning! Happy Thursday! I had my weekend/evening kiddo until 8pm last night. After my dayshift kids went home, I made dinner for us, we ate, and went for a trail walk. It was a good night, but he is a little chatterbox. Seven years old. Sliding into bed felt wonderful and I woke up feeling well rested. :)
    Rita- I have been following your RV travels on facebook. You are doing a wonderful job showing your life on the road! The pics and stories are fantastic!
    Dana- So, Dana! How are you filling your time, now that you have delivered your grands back to their mom? I know that sometimes the kids gave you a run for your money; but you look amazing in your pictures! Hugs to Dolly!
    Beth- I saw the toilet lights! lol I will just call you Disco Buns >:) I recently had to order a new toilet seat for my bathroom (not the kids bathroom). Short story; my bathroom fixtures (tub and toilet) are goldenrod (original from the 70s), so I got a "chick" toilet seat and lid. Makes me giggle every morning! I won't put the link, but you can get them at Home Depot.
    Terry- Sliding into a bed with clean, fresh sheets is mentioned a few times in my gratitude journal! Doing it with newly shaven legs is heaven!
    Kylia- Congrats on another successful car showing! I think it is awesome that you and your DH have a hobby together. Not sure if I will ever have that with my DH! And that is okay. I don't even want to take him to the store with me. As I have said before; he was not spanked enough as a child.
    Barbie- So happy you are feeling some relief from the back pain. Here is hoping you are on the mend and maybe a little PT is all that will be required! <3
    Rebecca- Your grandma time is coming! Enjoy your sons at the ages they are now. When that first baby comes it will be well worth the wait. You will make a fantastic grandmother, I am certain!
    Machka- There was a nature show on last night about an area of Australia (I think; I found it half way through). It mentioned kangaroos and other animals living in a very dry area. Then they showed a ranch called Jubilee Downs. It was interesting, but the narrator had a very mellow deep voice and my eyes kept closing. Last thing I remember thinking was I wonder if Machka lives near here....zzzzzzzz
    Lisa- Hello, fellow weekend warrior! How are things going with the house? I see your son has moved in to help with the "getting ready".

How are you ladies in the Western/PNW doing with the wildfires that are burning?!

There is a storm passing through right now. The weather man says that it will clear by 8am...I hope so! I have an extra kiddo with me today (one of my girls that I have during the school year), she specifically told her mom that she wants to walk to the "snack tree" with me and the boys today! lol

Well, I guess that's all I have in my head today. hugs and healing thoughts to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    OK Kelly burning question~ what is the snack tree?
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Good morning all you beautiful ladies,

Barbie, I’m so glad you are feeling better. My DH has back pain and it’s so debilitating.

Maybe turmeric would help the arthritis pain in my shoulder. How much do you ladies take per day?

Same ole same ole today. I think I’ll read for a little while before I get up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Terry
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Michele in NC
    Who would forget her head if it weren’t attached

I have not heard that phrase since my mom was alive! But I’m another one who is like that!

Rye
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Mary: I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your DSIL. I'm looking forward to seeing mine this fall. :flowerforyou:

Rita: I am enjoying your travels. We've been through Glenns Ferry, but not Hells Gate State Park. I hope you'll share a photo or two. :smiley:

Dana: Thanks for sharing your gratitudes. They are lovely. :smiley:

KJ: We haven't seen much effect from the wildfires yet. This morning is a bit hazy. Those I've read about are in SW Oregon & California. Keeping everyone in the fire zones in my prayers. :heart:

Heather: I am so glad the documents have arrived! :flowerforyou:

Michele: I'm sorry that your Newcomers group seems to be heading in a direction that makes you uncomfortable. :disappointed: Regarding blueberries, when I defrost frozen blueberries in the microwave they turn juicy. If I let them thaw in the air of the room they stay firmer. I love them both ways. :bigsmile:

We have yet another trip to VW today. This time it is for DH's car that they're working on. His car is not part of the huge VW recall, like mine was. It is older and needs work. The mechanic wants to talk to him about things. Later today there will be a concert in the city park, just a couple of blocks from home.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka, I am so inspired by you and how you have persevered towards your goals despite the most daunting personal setback and obstacles in your path. I wonder if the university will have an online link so we can watch you on the stage?
    exermom wrote: »
    How wonderful it would be if we could watch M on stage! I never thought the college might have an online feed, but that would be great! M – find out. I for one would love to see it.

Thanks ... and I've started a thread in our 50+ group. :)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    well I am back from running errands~ fed my DFIL and walked the boys... also while I was at Toms vacuumed my car.. i haven't done it in ages, and If Tom is coming in my car, dont want it a mess.. I am a procrastinator with a capital P, stopped at family dollar and bought condolence cards,,, gosh at this stage of the game I should but a whole crate full.. I understand it happens ,but so many at once ugh...
  • shanson1223
    shanson1223 Posts: 2 Member
    ok just started 4 days ago..looking to lose 15-17 pounds, I'm am very active so it is not what is going out it is what is going in........As we get older 50+ metabolism changes ..good to hear from people in this age group. Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good morning. Cooler today but unfortunately no rain here. Going to get my hair cut in a Few hours. Feel a little better but no up to par yet.
    Have a wonderful day
    SueBDew in TX
  • grandmallie
    I cant wait until I can open my mailbox and not get crap from lawyers.. this is getting ridiculous..
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Sue dew, glad you are feeling better.

Shanson, welcome to the group. We are quite chatty and there are a number of us so if you could tell us a little about yourself, where you are from and what you’d like us to call you. Helps to remember who’s who.