margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    :heart:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    ycdpcd74xpdk.png
    Wow! That is beautiful!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    I am feeling the sorting bug but I have nothing to sort thru! I did however get rid of many photos years ago. I looked thru our 5+ albums and weeded out two sets respectively. For my eldest I put in an album, for my middle son I put photos on index cards and put in a photo box. Now my youngest most photos are digital so I will have to transfer those still. Many photos of cousins and my sister's families I sent back to them saying I have enjoyed them immensely, but am paring down. I am not the keeper of their stories anymore. Now our 5+ albums are in shambles, with many blank pages. They are all neatly in the bottom of our bookcases though.

In reference to keeping cards or letters, I have a bunch too. I have them all in my grandma's hope chest in the entryway. A place to sit to tie my shoes. Its kinda sad to think all my mementos from my childhood can fit in one container, while my sister's have rooms of items. But on the other hand, I don't need things to remember, just a cup of coffee and my memories. Long story short, I traveled 3 times from California to Oregon to go thru stuff with my sisters, but they were always busy, or weren't ready. So my mom's house was going on the market, and my sister calls and asks me what I want from the house! So I pretty much said whatever, and whatever was what I got. Yes I should have been more demanding, I should have put my name on things when I was there, but I was the third kid, and thought it not my place.
    Well today is the day I make the huge cheesecake pan! I am doing it with son so he can lick all the utensils, (and I won't)!

Oh fyi from Perth to Sydney in Australia is like from Los Angeles to New York City! Sadly we meaning I, have grown up learning that Australia is this tiny island, but in truth its far from it.💗 Living with a host family in New South Wales was an experience that I will treasure always.

Love Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

A few years ago I sorted all of my pictures out of albums into the indexed photo boxes. I love it! I have sorted by year for my own family and have one box for my husbands and my childhood photos separated by our own names. My brother and I split most of my Mother's albums with me getting the bulk of it. We discarded probably 4 albums full of landscapes and parades. We kept only photos only of people we knew. It is a massive undertaking sorting pictures and I have plans for some scrapbooks. I have made one for each of my girls of my husbands and my childhoods. I started when we were babies until the year we married. My husband and I both wrote some of our memories in it for them. My next task is to do one of each of their childhoods for them. I realized the other day that there will be a lot lost in this digital age of photographs for the next generations. I feel I must print some off.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Allie- Loong, long ago I designated a halfway point on our walk as "the snack tree". It gives the kids a destination that they are excited to get to, because I pack a snack. It is usually just something simple like fruit and/or veggies; but I think everything tastes better when we sit outside in the grass and eat it! We have other "snack stops" depending on which direction we walk.
    Tracey- It is odd that I spent 20+ years doing a job that I really didn't enjoy. Evidence that "fake it til you make it" works? So glad I have had the turn around, though. I have at least another 10-15 years to go; I am hoping loving my job and the kids will make it a LOT more enjoyable!
    Heather- I envy what you have saved. I let go of all of the sentimental cards, letters, notes, etc. Long, long ago. Some days I wish I had kept it just to be able to reread it. I kept a few cards from my kids, one or two from my husband because he probably has only remembered anniversaries/birthdays once or twice and he isn't very "showy" of his feelings. But I don't have boxes of memories. :( Fingers crossed as your paperwork goes through the processes! B)

KJ

I don't find it odd at all! I am an in industry that I started in when I was 18 "until something better came along". I moved back to NB for 7 years and upgraded my education and had my girls. When we moved to Alberta in '97 I started in the same industry again "until something better came along". I don't enjoy it, it's a very high stress, low paying job at times and not looked upon with any respect in the world but it pays my bills. I am praying as hard as I can that the new opportunity that should be right around the corner from me is a tremendous success and the next 20 years of my life is more satisfying career wise.

If I had the house for it, I would take in children. My dream job now would require education that I can't really afford to get, but I would love to help troubled teen girls I would like to be a therapist or counselor of some kind. Maybe in my next life.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Tracey in Edmonton, with my middle son I actually got out my husband's old ships log. In it is addresses and dates so my son could see old homes if he googled the addresses! So the photos were separated by a card with the length stay dates, and its address. He'll appreciate it further down the road I'm hoping.
    Rebecca
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    kymarai wrote: »

Secondly, whoever mentioned clutterbug.....THANK YOU! Now I better understand my methods that have worked for me in the past as well as how to better incorporate my style with my DH. He is a cricket with OCD! Definitely more "micro" and I am true Ladybug "macro" organizer. We both dislike clutter, but his hidden organization is much more "perfect" than mine. The funny thing is that a few years ago I cleaned my closet and was able to maintain that using basically her ideas. The main thing I can't maintain is paperwork. I hate figuring out what file! Guess that wouldn't make me any help to Machka :( I am currently deciding what I need to purchase to make my filing easier once I get to organizing non-sight things. Example of different organizing styles....My drawers are organized by 1 or 2 style items per drawer. Like underwear and bras, not folded pretty, not stacked, but in the right drawers. My DH actually didn't like the way I put his folded underwear, he didn't say a word, just stacked it nice and neat ;) I love having a little insight into myself. So once again THANK YOU!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio supposedly working-LOL!

You’re welcome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Tracey in Edmonton, with my middle son I actually got out my husband's old ships log. In it is addresses and dates so my son could see old homes if he googled the addresses! So the photos were separated by a card with the length stay dates, and its address. He'll appreciate it further down the road I'm hoping.
    Rebecca

That's really cool and I bet he will really appreciate it!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Kylia I never met anyone else who can not take the over the counter NSAID meds. It can make recovery (from injury or sickness) quite the trial, can’t it! I am legit allergic to ibuprofen (hives etc) but aspirin or the others eat my stomach up. I generally allow myself 2 buffered aspirin in a year - but only if I’m desperate and always at a cost of a bad stomachache.

I too am curious how much of the curcurmin supplement people take - I looked it up and it is so expensive so I would not be able to take it regularly. But if it has immediate relief effects it would be great to have around to help in the times of recovery.

Rye
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Rebecca, beautiful work on the ship.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Had the end-of-season bowling party. I won’t be tracking since I can’t say for sure how things were made. I did have to have some of the host’s dessert. Had mostly salads, avoided the croutons, sour cream, butter, cheese. The lady gave me a lot of tomatoes from her garden. One of them was “leaking” so I put it out of is misery. Still warm from the sunshine….I know, I know, life’s tough

Heather – keeping fingers and toes crossed

Rye – how about “that’s the way the pickle squirts”?

Katla – I think a lot of the (to me) poor way the Newcomers is going is because of the president. She’s still mourning her husband’s death – big time. I know that she’ll never forget, and there are challenges. But I honestly think that she really needs grief counseling. For example, every month Newcomers puts out a newsletter and there’s a letter from the president. Now, it’s been almost a year since her husband died. Every month she has a picture of him in the newsletter. I fully understand her mourning, but, really, we need to move on. I’m sure she’s missing him. This is her third year as president and I think she’s just taking the easy way out and biding her time until her term is over. Then any problem is the next president’s. She has accepted the help of the guy who is funding the holiday party, I think mainly because that’s the easy way. He has arranged for the place, arranged for the entertainment. She hasn’t had to do anything. She’s just leaving it all to him. Only problem is that this is opening the door for problems. What happens when the next president takes over? A precident has been set. Other sponsors will want to promote their business and pay for things for us. What happens if the IRS gets involved?

Shanson – welcome!

Terry – awesome necklace

I’m the person who may keep things for a few years, but if I don’t use them I throw them out. Now Vince….that’s another story totally. I do keep cards, etc. from the kids

Lisa – good thought for your doctor’s appointments. Good job on the loss

Snowflake – LOVE that rock

Michele in NC
    Who is off to ACMoore right now
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Terry: I take 500mg of Turmeric every morning. It is good stuff. :wink:

Barbara: I wanted to wrap the gift to look like a log cabin, but I lack the skills to get it done, so I put regular giftwrap on it. My stress levels over the deal are back in my comfort zone. I'm not much of a "crafty" person. :ohwell:

Meg: Have a safe journey. :star:

Machka: Beautiful rainbow photo. Wow! You live in a beautiful place. :flowerforyou:

We've had a call from VW and they're still working on DH's car. (We brought mine home yesterday and are very happy with it.) He plans to go in tomorrow to give it a test drive and/or bring it home. They haven't found anything wrong so far.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Hi Sisters, every morning I am grateful because I am another day closer to spring and another day closer to having a new baby foal to play with.

This morning I listened to Clarissa Pinkola Estes while I was doing my weights and I loved this quote of hers: "You can't fit a tiger into a matchbox." I am going to remember it as I go about trying to fit into what society deems normality. LOL. I just can't quite squeeze myself into the mold.

Here in NZ where prices tend to be high, I buy a one kg bag of turmeric at an Indian bulk foods store for $12 NZ. This lasts me for about a month as I take it and I also give it to my horses every day to keep their bodies young and healthy. I probably consume between a quarter tsp and half a tsp a day, which is what Dr. Michael Gregor also recommends in his book How Not To Die, based on what millions of Indians consume daily. LOL. If you have a queasy tummy or don't want to add it to your foods (I don't notice any taste in food at all, but it does flavour drinks a bit) you could always buy a bag of gel capsules, empty ones, and fill them at home and take it as a capsule. That might be a cheaper option. I am pretty sure it is Dr. Gregor who also recommends the whole spice rather than to just take an extract of curcurmen.9jaqyx2b7uj3.jpg

My youngest daughter just called to ask me to meet her for a meal later today. Nice to feel loved. Not so long ago she hated me and ran away from home when she was a month shy of 16 (right after I had bought a 'dream horse' for her. She went through a rebellious teen stage, dropped out of school, got into drugs and criminal boyfriend...Thank God that is all behind us and she survived and she loves me again. LOL She told me that she wants to keep the new foal that is due for herself. Maybe... She is 9 weeks pregnant herself and very happy, though quite nauseas.

<3 Wendy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Home in bed,and will do laundry in morning feed my DFIL and then to the funeral.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    edited August 2018
    Can't sleep,oh this estate stuff of my dad's,I wish I could just curl up and disappear....took 2 Tylenol here is hoping that works.