August 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Saturday: 23k long run. To steal @PastorVincent 's phrase, "The sun tried to kill me." No complaints though!

Sun often looks like:

vt1wswr5sieq.png
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    8/1 3.5 m
    8/2 Rest
    8/3 Rest
    8/4 3.5 m
    8/5 5 m
    8/6 Rest
    8/7 UP Rest
    8/8 3.5 m
    8/9 Rest
    8/10 2.5 m am run

Gave am running a chance. I got out the door a half our later than scheduled, curse my comfy bed and favorite sheets. If I run again in the morning, I will have to stretch first. My muscles were not ready, and protested with shouts of "this doesn't feel like yoga!!" for most of my run. I did have a moment of awesome when I was thinking to myself 'yeah, that hill that has given me hell all summer wasn't too bad', and then I realized...'*kitten*, I turned too soon. That was the mini hill.' Sigh. Recalculating....I doubled back and did the hill. And it gave me the hell I expected. It's interesting how different morning running felt. I've only run am for races and always chalked the tightness and unease up to nerves/anxiety. Nice little shock to the system to get the day started. The humidity and temp were both low....made for pleasant conditions. I'll probably run tonight as well to try and catch up on some missed mileage.

18/75

Upcoming Races:
    10/? 2 mile RACC Inauguration Celebration Run *maybe*
    10/28 Fitzy's Run 5k
    12/8 West Reading Run Santa Run 5k

**it irks me that we can only edit posts for an hour. My phone auto corrected bourbon to bourban and now it's there forever. Mocking me. >:)
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    @katharmonic Nice job! You finished and that's what matters. It's not easy to run in the heat and humidity. Throw in those hills and it becomes a challenge for sure. Congrats on placing in your age group too!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    garygse wrote: »
    It rained this morning, which felt really good. Humid as all heck still, but oh that rain! Combined with an impressive light show to the north as an electrical storm made its way by, this morning's run was pretty cool!

And now it's almost time for bed...I have the alarm set for 1am for tomorrow's long run. Methinks work is going to be sleepy fun by the afternoon. :neutral:

01 - 15.66
    02 - 14.15
    03 - 21.05
    05 - 5.75
    06 - 15.62
    07 - 14.41
    08 - 15.62
    09 - 14.45

Total: 116.71 / 250 miles

1am! That’s serious dedication!!

Allegedly, @garygse has an amazing mythical nap room at work. He mentioned it at one time. I am so insanely jealous of that. You have no idea.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Ugh! This god damn *kitten* app! I seriously hate that *kitten* Done button! I will have to post my mile long post later. Arghhhhhh

yes!!
    all the fricken time
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    August 25, 2018 Bubble Run 5K (Pittsburgh, PA)

Bubble run? What is this?

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2018
    Rest day today before a 7 mile run tomorrow morning.

I just wanted to throw out a couple questions to everyone....how long have you all been running on a consistent basis, and how long had you been running before you noticed a significant difference in your pace/consistency? (by that, I mean - you don't feel like every mile is a bear to run - not necessarily speed)

We made it to Friday! Yip Yip! :) Hope everyone has a lovely day!