30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Today was my second day of level one and OMG I am so sore LOL. I know it will get better but seriously I looked like a 90yr old lady walking through the store today

LOL I keep thinking of the lady that posted she got stuck on the toilet and had to have her hubby help her up because her legs were so sore! It gets better, I promise. Although I find I still get sore because I'm going lower on the squats and stuff. I do about 5 extra minutes of the warm-up and extra stretching at the end to help my muscles.

I felt like that was going to me be on day 2 of level 1! lmao xxx
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    May I join you? I had worked on Shred last year but never finished it. Decided since the kids started school yesterday I'd restart Shred. Yesterday I did Shred, then 90 minutes later ran Week 8/Day 1 of C25K.

Today I just completed Level 1/Day 2. My legs are sore from yesterday, as are my chest muscles. I detest lunges but don't mind the side lunges. I love the abs work because I get to lay on the floor and rest for a minute. My absolute favorite is the chest flies right after abs because I can stay on the floor.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    feel free to join us nikkit321 :D

I know what you mean lunges are hard!

xxxx
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I completed L1D4 last night, and feel AMAZING today! Soreness isn't gone but feels much more manageable. For the first round of pushups, I even did regular pushups and not my usual girly ones! this was a huge accomplishment for me :smile: can't wait for Day 5 tonight!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    awesome well done! keep it up :D
  • nikkid620
    Options
    Hi ladies - just saw this post :)

I started on the 10th of August so just completed my L1 D6 tonight....stamina is better but my tolerance for Jillian is waning lol :/

Just wan to find out how you are all getting on with it?

Good luck x

Put it on mute or put on some loud music to drown her out lol
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I woke up early and did L1D3. I finally feel the soreness going away which is good because I could barely walk yesterday. I was having a neck issue with the back of my neck and just doing this DVD has helped it so much already.

First NSV is my work out pants are starting to get loose (and started sliding off my butt)
    Oh and I lost 1.4lbs too
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have a question. I don't get all that sore anymore but the moves are still really challenging. Does that mean I'm not getting a good workout? Or are you all running in to not being that sore either. I know the first few times I was but not recently. Thanks for the input. :)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hey fakplastictree - i was only sore for about 3 days i think its where your muscles really aren't used to it. If you still find them challenging then you are getting a good workout its just your muscles aren't as weak as they were at the start :)

xxx
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Hey fakplastictree - i was only sore for about 3 days i think its where your muscles really aren't used to it. If you still find them challenging then you are getting a good workout its just your muscles aren't as weak as they were at the start :)

xxx

Thanks, I just hope that one day I'll be good at doing push ups. Those are the worst for me, can't do but one and then take a sec to do another. :)
  • jragsd
    jragsd Posts: 23
    Options
    L1D2 done super sore but so worth it!!!!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I just got weighed by the nutritionist and I gained a pound!! I have deff noticed more muscle in my arms and legs, but it may just be toned. How long does it take to "gain" muscle?? She wants to cut me to 1300 cals! I'm 5' 6 1/2 and now 233. I would rather do 30 DS twice a day and eat 300 cals (I had put myself at 1600). Anyone else gained during the first 10 days??
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    I just got weighed by the nutritionist and I gained a pound!! I have deff noticed more muscle in my arms and legs, but it may just be toned. How long does it take to "gain" muscle?? She wants to cut me to 1300 cals! I'm 5' 6 1/2 and now 233. I would rather do 30 DS twice a day and eat 300 cals (I had put myself at 1600). Anyone else gained during the first 10 days??

I am on day 6 and I've gained about 1.3 pounds. Hopefully it's just muscle or water though. :)
  • statia152
    Options

I am on day 6 and I've gained about 1.3 pounds. Hopefully it's just muscle or water though. :)

So should I change my weight in my profile or wait a bit and weigh myself again?
  • larose12
    Options
    I really hate the first cardio session, jumping jacks and jump rope. It's not that I can't physically do it, but all the jumping/being on tip toes kills my knees and calves. I usually sub in high kicks for one of the two.
    [/quote]

I get shin splints easily, so instead of jumping rope the normal way, my husband suggested that I substitute it for jumping rope in reverse, heels out in front one at a time instead of jumping up and down in place. I find it gives me the same workout but by working different muscles. Now I like jumping rope!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I really hate the first cardio session, jumping jacks and jump rope. It's not that I can't physically do it, but all the jumping/being on tip toes kills my knees and calves. I usually sub in high kicks for one of the two.

I get shin splints easily, so instead of jumping rope the normal way, my husband suggested that I substitute it for jumping rope in reverse, heels out in front one at a time instead of jumping up and down in place. I find it gives me the same workout but by working different muscles. Now I like jumping rope!
    [/quote]

Another thing you may wanna try is jump from one foot to the other thats what i do when i need to break from jump ropes
  • statia152
    Options
    L1 D9 completed! Plus I had 30 mins of hard walking this morning. I gotta step it up more!! We do one more day of level 1, yes?
  • Pidders89
    Options
    L1 D9 completed! Plus I had 30 mins of hard walking this morning. I gotta step it up more!! We do one more day of level 1, yes?

Yup tomorrow is the last day on L1 :D xx
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yay!!!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1/Day 2 this morning. Legs were pretty tight/sore but loosened up when I was done. Of course they tightened up on me again, so I spent a lot of time walking the dog today to loosen up. Feeling pretty good now, so hoping I don't tighten up tonight. Tight across the chest too from the push ups.

Tomorrow I'm planning on Shred and C25K W8/D2 though!