JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 congrats on your new home! I hope you will be very happy there.

Hugs to those that had a bust yesterday - me too!

@snowflake1968 I am actually now a little underweight. I’ve been pushing so hard in maintenance to keep things going because it’s like I don’t actually believe I can do it! But the stats on regain for people who lose a lot of weight are not encouraging so I guess it’s right to be vigilant?? Losing weight is hard, but achieving balance in maintenance sometimes feels even harder. I wish I could relax a little more sometimes. X
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Well, story of my life lately! 10 pages behind! I love that we have such an active group going, but I feel bad that I have no idea what's going on with anyone. I'll have to catch up tonight. Today is my first day back to work after a long weekend with my DH in Minnesota. My DH and I visited my dad who lives on a lake up there and we just really relaxed for two days. Fishing, swimming, kayaking, sitting outside and visiting and we took a pontoon ride for a few hours around the lake one day too. It felt wonderful to have 4 days alone with my DH. It's been much too long. My dad looks good , so that was such a relief! I was so happy to see him! We really enjoyed ourselves. Two of the days were spent driving but it was still just so nice to get away. I came back to a bunch of emails at work, but nothing near what I used to come back to in my previous job last year, so that's a huge plus! Again, I have this group to thank for helping me get rid of a LOT of stress in my life last year.

I really thought I would have lost some weight (if only a few pounds) while there. My dad lives up the hill from the lake (a big hill) and I went up and down that hill and got in more steps in those two days than I get in during an entire week when I'm home/working. Was so disappointed in the scale this morning. I got on that stupid thing like 4 times this morning because I couldn't believe it, and I got a different number every single time, so not sure what to even think!

I really didn't do bad up there. I ate really healthy 90% of the time, snacked on raw veggies, drank a ton of water. I actually began to FEEL good and less bloated. That's why the number on today's scale really threw me off. Of course, we got home late last night and so threw a frozen pizza on for dinner so there went the healthy eating out the window. Anyway, time to get on track.

I hope you are all doing well! I promise to catch up tonight! xoxo

Just for Tuesday, 8/14
    • Journal every single bite.
    • HYDRATE
    • 15 minutes outside
    • Listen to podcasts / read success stories / meal plan / grocery list
    • Half Size Me - catch up on emails and join if not too late
    • 1 lb freggies
    • Work tasks - complete 3
    • Follow up on Short Term Disability paperwork for upcoming surgery
    • Unplug one hour before bed / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / read chapter of mystery
    • Get up without hitting SNOOZE tomorrow

yen6rypova8c.png

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    uymtqdck7www.png

Home sweet home!

Congratulations again! And you look terrific! I love your entryway.

Today was going to be my day off, but I broke my fast food self-challenge last night for August (no fast food on my way home from work unless I specifically planned and pre-logged) so I decided to reclaim some of my money (the money I can get back, but not so much the calories...) by picking up an extra half shift today.

Just For Tuesday:

1) Log everything I eat and stay under goal! I am serious business today, I need that scale to move.
    2) No fast food after work (August personal challenge)
    3) Drink 6 glasses of water before work at 2:30
    4) Celebrate the weather! It's only supposed to be 79 degrees here today with some rain. I'm going to try to walk in the park after work if the rain's over.
    5) Tell all my JFT friends how much I appreciate you.

In all seriousness, each and every one of you has made this summer of working on my health more fun and more successful. I haven't been perfectly compliant, but I found this thread after 5 months of hard work when I started to see all that hard work slipping away into complacency and laziness, and although it's been slower going the past few months I'm still lower than I was and my doctor is pleased.

And my ankle has recovered nicely, which probably wouldn't have been the case 50 or so pounds ago.

I'm feeling blessed this morning. You all rock!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    JFT - Monday August 13
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 174
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/
    Only one Evening Snack - :)
    Walk? or Setup craftroom with an exercise area? - I did both, I "walked" for 45 minutes while watching a tv show, and set up an area to exercise in the craft room. I also did a 30 Minute Pilates video, I am so out of shape!
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday August 14
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only one Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

I officially hit the 20 pound mark this morning! This has taken me longer than the last two times I lost both of which took from April to August to lose around 25. I am hoping that this time I am making enough changes and habits that I don't feel burned out and give up. So far so good, I am not feeling deprived, and I don't feel like I'm pushing myself so hard on the exercise. I hope that this is the right path for me to take. Now onto the next 10! I really hope I am in the 170's by September 1st.

What a difference I feel this morning in my back! I was hoping that the Pilates would help with the stiffness and pain I have been having. Definitely glad that I have that area set up now.

I watched an informercial last night. It was for a Time Life DVD collection - CMA Live - it's a history of performances performed on the CMA Awards. It starts in 1968 and goes to 2015. I sent several texts to my daughter telling her what a great 50th birthday gift this would be for me. I now am thinking I should just order it myself. I had asked for this for Christmas too and no one listened to me. Maybe I'll be a bit more patient and see.

I have to go try to sell some more today. Yesterday the Business Development guy told me that the VP won't let him come up until we get some "wins". He's supposed to be teaching me how to sell to different businesses and get longer contracts, but he's not allowed to come up until I sell????? I wish I was financially able to just say Good Bye.

Yay for your loss! And wtf at Business Development Guy. Even the fact that he phrased it as "need to get some wins" would have had me rolling my eyes, to say nothing of the silliness of the policy. Let's carry that out to its logical conclusion...by that standard, he should be spending all his time "teaching" the best performing sales producers, right?

:confused:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    uymtqdck7www.png

Home sweet home!

Good Afternoon... CONGRATULATIONS!!! YIPPIEEEEE👏👏👏
    I'M HAPPY FOR YOU! Many blessings.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

I really thought I would have lost some weight (if only a few pounds) while there. My dad lives up the hill from the lake (a big hill) and I went up and down that hill and got in more steps in those two days than I get in during an entire week when I'm home/working. Was so disappointed in the scale this morning. I got on that stupid thing like 4 times this morning because I couldn't believe it, and I got a different number every single time, so not sure what to even think!
    [/img]

So great to see you back .... you are missed on here ! And as for losing weight while on vacation ... you most likely also drank a lot of water with the amount of walking you did. The scale is only a very SMALL part of losing weight and getting healthy! So very happy you were able to get away and relax some, and glad you dad is looking good. That is always a relief! But ... glad to see you back!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good morning all! I’m new to MFP and this community. The last few weeks I surpassed my 10,000-steps per day goal EVERY SINGLE DAY. This week, ummm...not off to a good start. I have only achieved 7,000-8,000 steps each day in the last two days. Not too bad. I’m super motivated today! I woke up around 4:00 a.m. to get a head start on my day. I did my 30-minute work-out, had a cup of coffee and now I’m on my way to make a positive difference in someone’s life today! Let’s make today even better than yesterday. Have a great day everyone!

@montgomery113 ...👏👏👏👏👏💪✋HI!
    YOU ROCK!!!🏆 YOU'RE A WINNER!! WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!!!
    ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY!❤👍
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    I really didn't do bad up there. I ate really healthy 90% of the time, snacked on raw veggies, drank a ton of water. I actually began to FEEL good and less bloated. That's why the number on today's scale really threw me off. Of course, we got home late last night and so threw a frozen pizza on for dinner so there went the healthy eating out the window. Anyway, time to get on track.

Welcome home! Glad you had a great time with your dad and DH. Proud of you for doing 90% healthy... I know how hard it is when traveling & eating away from home. Regarding your scale this morning, my guess is you're retaining water from pizza / sodium. When I was logging my weight daily, I learned that what you eat can reflect on the scale days later, or in the case of high sodium, look like weight gain when it really isn't. Tell ya, drink water, water, water today. I know, just what you want to hear, right?!? (((hugs)))
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Well, story of my life lately! 10 pages behind! I love that we have such an active group going, but I feel bad that I have no idea what's going on with anyone. I'll have to catch up tonight. Today is my first day back to work after a long weekend with my DH in Minnesota. My DH and I visited my dad who lives on a lake up there and we just really relaxed for two days. Fishing, swimming, kayaking, sitting outside and visiting and we took a pontoon ride for a few hours around the lake one day too. It felt wonderful to have 4 days alone with my DH. It's been much too long. My dad looks good , so that was such a relief! I was so happy to see him! We really enjoyed ourselves. Two of the days were spent driving but it was still just so nice to get away. I came back to a bunch of emails at work, but nothing near what I used to come back to in my previous job last year, so that's a huge plus! Again, I have this group to thank for helping me get rid of a LOT of stress in my life last year.

Just for Tuesday, 8/14
    • Journal every single bite.
    • HYDRATE
    • 15 minutes outside
    • Listen to podcasts / read success stories / meal plan / grocery list
    • Half Size Me - catch up on emails and join if not too late
    • 1 lb freggies
    • Work tasks - complete 3
    • Follow up on Short Term Disability paperwork for upcoming surgery
    • Unplug one hour before bed / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / read chapter of mystery
    • Get up without hitting SNOOZE tomorrow

yen6rypova8c.png
    @PackerFanInGB... Hi there! Did you check the battery in your scale?
    From what I read, you had exceptional results. Cardio and Strengthening exercise on the hill, and the other activities. You did great!. 💜👏💪
    I'm totally glad your dad's doing well, and that you made it back to us safely.. Try not to be so hard on yourself based on a piece of cold metal you stand on... You're ALIVE! You're doing this! You're an amazing woman, and I'm inspired by you. You tasted good vibes while you were there... That was much needed fuel. It perked up your love and affection database, and now you're home. The QUEEN has entered her castle and that scale is your servant. You boss it, it doesn't boss you.
    YOU GOT THIS!!! And we, the extended part of your family are here to cheer you through and beyond your success. Love to you dear one💕🌹🙌YOU WIN, WE ALL WIN!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit on the brink here.
    I'll either just about manage today or completely destroy it!

My brain feels really foggy today, just realised its because I've forgotten to take my thyroxine. Eugh. Zombie mode.

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My brain feels really foggy today, just realised its because I've forgotten to take my thyroxine. Eugh. Zombie mode.

NO NO NO.... don't destroy all your hard work this past week!!!!!! Go and lay down if you can .... and take your thyroxine!!
    You've had very little sleep, and I know for me... those are the worse times and I want to eat. A nap will help things much more than food! Hang in there!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    uymtqdck7www.png

Home sweet home!

Looks like a beautiful place!! I love the door! congrats!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Hang in there Bex!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Good afternoon everyone!

Work has been pretty slow today. Only a handful of customers and not that much paperwork for me to do. I got my 90 day review…about 90 days late! Lol. It wasn’t terrible. I was just below average. But with everything that I went through dealing with LK it’s not really surprising that my work wasn’t as good as it should have been. LM said that she already noticed a marked improvement in my work and attitude since LK left. There were some definite areas of improvement but there are also some things that I do really well. So I’m pretty sure that my job isn’t in jeopardy. Lol!

The last few days my stomach hasn’t been doing all that well and I’ve been sleeping a lot which is either the precursor to my time of the month or something much more exciting. I’m not going to hold my breath though. This has happened several times before and has come to nothing. So I guess we’ll see in a few days.

There are a few other things that I want to get done tonight so I guess I will add them to my list as well.

JFT 8/14/18..continued

1. Call dealership about oil change!!!!!!
    2. Do ALL of the dishes
    3. Cut up lettuce/cucumber
  • AJB1014
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    uymtqdck7www.png

Home sweet home!

Looks like a beautiful place!! I love the door! congrats!

Thank you! It's more than we ever imagined!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options

I forgot too! Thank you for reminding me. You can hold on. It's rough when you're tired, I know. <3
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Work has been pretty slow today. Only a handful of customers and not that much paperwork for me to do. I got my 90 day review…about 90 days late! Lol. It wasn’t terrible. I was just below average. But with everything that I went through dealing with LK it’s not really surprising that my work wasn’t as good as it should have been. LM said that she already noticed a marked improvement in my work and attitude since LK left. There were some definite areas of improvement but there are also some things that I do really well. So I’m pretty sure that my job isn’t in jeopardy. Lol!

The last few days my stomach hasn’t been doing all that well and I’ve been sleeping a lot which is either the precursor to my time of the month or something much more exciting. I’m not going to hold my breath though. This has happened several times before and has come to nothing. So I guess we’ll see in a few days.

There are a few other things that I want to get done tonight so I guess I will add them to my list as well.

JFT 8/14/18..continued

2. Do ALL of the dishes

Fingers crossed for "something more exciting"!!! ;):#
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

JFT 8/14/18..continued

2. Do ALL of the dishes

Fingers crossed for "something more exciting"!!! ;):#

Thank you!!! We're really hoping!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Keep pressing my dear! Bed time will come soon enough!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Turns out I'll just about manage.
    I've decided to skip dinner.

Basically got up this morning had coffee and a piece of toast. Then ate nothing all day until like 5.30pm where I had half a sandwich and half a pizza. I thought half a pizza would be around 500 calories. I knew it would be high. But then I check the box and it was more like 800!!
    So won't be having that pizza ever again hahaha.
    Anyway, that left me with 8 calories LOL, but then I added my cleaning from this morning and I'm 200 in the green.
    I've made a curry for dinner but in all honesty im jut not hungry. At all.
    So I'm just catching up on my water now. And I have 200 cals to play with for a snack. I'm closing the kitchen tonight at 11. Because otherwise it will shut in 45 mins and I'm not gonna get hungry in the next hour.