WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hi Everyone...hope it's ok to still join this group. I'm 56 and about 15 pounds heavier than my profile pic. I'm obviously in denial about how much I'm eating (and drinking, lol), so back to tracking. I'm eating mostly plant-based and at least for now, low fat.

But I think I'm also eating/drinking out of boredom. I work from home and kids are grown and out, but no grand kids to chase after. So I'm looking for active and not-so-active hobbies and friends.

Also looking for fitness pals, so please connect if you think we have some commonalities.

Cheers,
    Lisa

Welcome Lisa! This is a great place to rediscover your accountability. Just make little changes toward the person you wish to be. I have found volunteering to be a great boredom reliever. I need to take my own advice and do that! We moved into a huge home that we share with active duty son, so just landscaping has kept me busy!
    Welcome again👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    pzyb68js2hac.jpg

This cat's expression is priceless. Love its teeth!
    Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,813 Member
    Well made it to Southern Oregon by Crater Lake. Found out the fires are not far, but smoke levels are not too bad the last 3 days. Here until Monday.

I’ve not been eating good since migraine last week. Eating too much sugar, causing headaches and sugar spikes, triggering wanting to eat sugar. Vicious circle I must break! I feel a whole lot better when I omit sugar, so why do I do this?

Also sad as I lost my weight loss charm bracelet. I had 5 charms on it and close to adding a sixth. Each charm represents a 5 pound loss for me. Worked as a visual and reminder to stick with it.

Oh, well... onward!

RV Rita st Joseph H Stewart State Park in Southern Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    evening ladies~ home in jammies watching the news..and will hang out with Alfie , to the DMV tomorrow ugh..
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Terry – I know … got a good scolding when Louis can home. No more climbing, not even on the ‘new’ ladder he got for me. That’s ok, it is a real B****; and, I cannot close it. But, those boxes were bothering me. Cleaned off the dryer. Just got a bill from the guy who came to ‘fix’ the dishwasher a couple of months ago. All he did was clip two wires together for $125. He was here all of 10 minutes. Sure his service call was $75 – but – he did not even have to use any parts. I am about ready to tell Louis that we’d just be better off replacing them. Dishwasher, clothes washer, and dryer. I know he is probably waiting until we can cut some of the pines. But, it has just been too wet. But, thankfully my fall was buffeted by my dirty sheet basket and old socks without partners. And I was grabbing at things as I went down, thinking, Louis is going to be pissed.

Janetr OKC – I am still trying to de-clutter my house. I look at the kitchen and just want to go ‘YUCK’. We have no way too much to do and very little countertop. I know I have a lot that needs to be done. Getting the bathroom and most of the other part of the house done; I have to tackle my kitchen by myself.

Michele in NC – No more climbing for me. I’ll be going to PT after they decide whether or not I will be able to drive. Driving restriction for seizures has been lifted; but ‘sleep apnea’ MD will check my sleep patterns, which reminds me I need to do last night. I had an awful migraine last night and my shoulders were tensed up. I guess the meds I took made me drunk. Louis woke me up; but, when I got up, went down. He tried to hold me, so I would not hit the raised hearth. Still a little ditzy this morning.

Barbara in Southern California - Don’t think you could dig the one spot that a root is growing. That’s be my luck; but, we have pines, few hardwoods. I think, maybe, you need to dig another hole so that the dwarf apple tree can get sun and not have to compete with those big roots..

Tracey in Edmonton – I ‘deactivated’ my account; I have not gotten too desperate to actually ‘delete’ it like DDnL#2. I have a good idea that was my DYS’s doing. He has had it with DDnL#1 and her ‘drama’. I just did not make friends with her. If she asked, I’d accept, then unfriend her a few days later; but, she has asked. DOS did ask a ‘new’ friend request after I blasted him about her doing it to me first; and, the ‘only’ way to prevent from seeing what all her friends had to day back to her was to unfriend her. Will does not have a FB account, has never wanted one either. He was pretty upset that DDnL#! Had made friends with his bosses. I think Trey made her unfriend them. Will told him that he certainly did NOT want to know all about his business, including ‘family’ business.

Frankiesgirl – No more climbing, not even on my 3-step ladder.

Rebecca – Vampire Cat

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Snowflake: At the moment, your air looks worse than ours. Ours looks awful so that is saying something. I hope you're feeling okay. :flowerforyou:

Rita: Sorry that you lost your charm bracelet. We are both in the same state at this moment, although nearly kitty corner at opposite ends. Air quality here is not the best due to fires elsewhere-- Canada and California. Most of the smoke where I live starts out in BC. Tough situations are prevalent on both sides of the border again this summer. :ohwell:

Barbie: DH says there are open array MRIs that don't put you in the tube, but you have to have a doctor who will specify that type of MRI in order for you to get the work done that way. DH doesn't mind the regular MRI. I had an MRI decades ago and never completed it or had another. I had a serious claustrophobia problem. :embarassed:

Lenora: I am so glad you're posting again. :bigsmile:

We dropped off a lovely table that has been in our storage unit for years at our town's Habitat for Humanity store. They help people who need housing and the store helps fund their charitable doing. They built a home for a disabled person in need and it was in the local news a few years ago. It is nice to be able to support good work such as theirs.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Katla, I had an MRI in 2016 and took two lorazepam tablets prescribed by my doctor. I was OK and my claustrophobia did not trouble me. I was so dopey that I had to be transported to the car afterwards in a wheelchair and I slept most of the rest of the day. I'll do the same thing this time. There is an open MRI available but you have to drive 90 minutes to where it is and It takes a long time to get an appointment. My MRI will be right in my town about 15 minutes from where we live. Jake will drive me and if he's too fatigued from his treatment on Thursday, a friend has offered to drive me.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.11min, 12.7amph, 133mhr, 1.5mi= 78c
    apple watch- 64c
    lsteral machine- 30min, lvl 6, 56ar, 65aw, 120ahr, 145mhr, 3.52mi= 239c
    apple watch- 221c
    Floor exercises- 3sets of 10ea, situps and on butt, knees to chest, 2.52min, 107mhr, 16c
    apple watch- 25c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5min, 17.1amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi= 51c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 13.43min, 13.2amph, 121ahr, 153mhr, 3mi= 142c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.14min, 10.07min mi, 133ahr, 150mhr, .5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 417min, 9.21min mi, 152mhr, 115mhr, .4mi= 58c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.51min, 146mhr, 127ahr, 8.3amph, 2.6mi= 208c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 856
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3<3<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Went to the deep water class today. Haven’t been there in 2 weeks. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kelly Coffee Meyer NYC Body Sculpting Workout (another new one)

Rye – when Vince worked for Mars, you could smell the chocolate all around the plant. That is, unless they were roasting the peanuts that day. Then you could smell the peanuts. Did you get to take a tour of that plant? We got to take a tour of the Mars plant (it isn’t open to the general public). One thing I can absolutely tell you, they are VERY VERY focused on sanitation and a quality product. I remember Vince one time telling me how one of the Mars brothers bought a candy bar in an airport one time. The seal on the wrapper was coming off. So when he got back to McClain VA (their headquarters) he had a case of that product shipped there. Then he had the product line manager come there and he fired him!

M – please take are of yourself. You’ve been under a lot of stress lately.

Katla – are you on your city council? Is that why you’re at all the meetings?

Galinazo – you joined by posting! Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often

Pip – you sure don’t look depressed!

Tracey – I'm so sorry about your job

Looks like I need a new (we’re getting a used) transmission. But the good news is that the Mazda dealer will give us credit for the money we already spent. We figure we’ll get a rebuilt transmission and then look for a new car for me (new being used). Without a working transmission, the value of the car is $0. So with a used transmission we might get $1300 on a trade-in.

Frankiesgirl – I weigh myself on the Wii every day, but I really don’t think about that number too much. My official weigh-in is on Saturday.

Lisa – welcome! Of course you can join!!!!!!

Katla and barbie – well, Vince told me tonight that he’s decided that unless there’s a MAJOR change, he won’t be running for Treasurer next year. I honestly don’t feel like continuing with hospitality and membership. Well, Vince and I being in the same house made memebrship convenient. And I’ve done hospitality for 5 years now. The truth of the matter is that Vince had to be at the board and general meetings so I didn’t have a problem being there. If he’s not Treasurer so doesn’t need to be at the meetings, I don’t see a reason why I need to be there all the time.

Had ceramics tonight, then went to Lowes Foods and Publix for things on sale. I should have gotten my cottage cheese at Publix (they’re the only ones who sell it) but I totally forgot. Well, maybe next time.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: It sounds like you have a good plan for your MRI. I hope it helps you resolve the problems you've been having with your health. :star::flowerforyou: :star:

Michele: I'm on the City Planning Commission, not the City Council. We review building and land use projects. If we make a decision and the person doesn't like it, they can appeal it to the City Council. I've really enjoyed participating in this process. :bigsmile:

Air quality this evening seems a tiny bit better but I can still see haze in the air and my eyes feel irritated. The poor air quality from the fires this year is giving me a headache. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Karen, my sympathies to your hubby. I always get sick after flying and often my ears get blocked too and I am miserable. I love to travel, but I hate getting sick from flying so I will probably travel within NZ more, instead of over waters. Hope your hubby gets on top of if quickly, <3 Wendy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited August 2018
    Barbie - So sorry to hear it may be ANOTHER operation. My sympathies. <3 It must be even more frustrating than my house move delays. :o;):*:/

Karen - Colds on holiday are miserable. Just when you want to be on top form. Grrrrrrrrrr! Hope you don't catch it from him.

Our trip to the pub for dinner last night was a great success. It certainly served its purpose, which was to divert DH from his IBS and anxiety. I chose prawns and duck and watermelon salad with a medium glass of white wine, so not too bad calorie wise. DH had fish and chips with peas and had a pint of beer. He really enjoyed it. We rarely go out just by ourselves unless we are on holiday, but it was definitely a good idea of mine. I still woke up in the night worrying about moving dates and so did he, but I moved into the spare room and read and eventually went back to sleep.
    It was pouring with rain this morning so didn't go out running. :s

This afternoon I am planning another outing for the two of us (we need to get out more together) to a Homesense store a short drive away. I've been looking for a couple of new cushions for my sofa for ages and just feel like getting out. I so rarely go house or clothes shopping as I do nearly all of it online, but it will be something to do to help DH. We are inclined to just stay around the house and sometimes I don't go out for days except to run.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx