NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    @TrishasTime so sorry to hear about your dear friend, hope he has a successful surgery and recovery, he sounds like a fighter after surviving a host of medical issues. Our strategy of taking one day at a time seems best and we will definitely conquer our goals

@theslightedgeforever thank you for your words of encouragement, you are very wise 😊. I tried to download the strides app on my iPhone but there encountered some problems, will try again today.

@trooworld thank you for having me in your thoughts, your meal prep sounds great, my in- laws are visiting us for a month, and they are very supportive, my mum-in law especially. It’s gonna be a hectic month ahead for me and lots of family parties but hope to stay on track, have little over. Month to get down to 48 kgs

Hope you guys have a great day ahead, couldn’t weigh myself this morning, weighing machine has died 😔 for good, will use the one at the gym...it’s leg workout today on my own, missing my trainer
    Anyways have to run off, my gym is calling out to me

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/7lTCrHkQx9k
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 yes, it was a bummer but at least the ambiance was nice. Unfortunately, I did NOT move on, last night (our actual anniversary) we decided to try to do a redo and we went for cheeseburgers at this place that was supposed to have fabulous cheeseburgers. Now, if I'm going to blow my points on a cheeseburger, it better be the best, right? Well, it was just greasy. :( They didn't even have any fries we could order, we had to split a piece of pizza with it (which was much better than the burger). Lesson learned! I am ready for fall too...bring it on! Bring on the pumpkin flavored everything lol I love that stuff. Bring on the Halloween stuff, the colorful leaves (even though they don't really turn colors here in CA), I want it all! You have a healthy attitude towards your hubby's family coming, that's right, this is a lifestyle and you are doing this for life, not a diet. I wish you (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for today.

@TrishasTime I'm so sorry that you experienced bad news about your friend and your investment property. ((( HUGS ))) Thank you, I did have a good time.

@theslightedgeforever I thought I was but then cheeseburger happened (see above). Thanks for the highlights.

@krupalip that's great that your in-laws are very supportive, that is so helpful when you have a supportive family. Just do the best you can and keep your goal in mind when you go to your parties but still have fun!

Hi all. Cheeseburger happened and it wasn't even a good cheeseburger (see above). Ugh. Now I'm -14 for the week. It's as if I don't have a goal I'm trying to reach grrrrrr. That's what happens when you are disappointed at a special dinner! We should have made food at home like we did last year. Last year, we made Cajun seafood pasta alfredo which was outrageously good. And much cheaper than eating at a sub-par Italian restaurant in Little Italy. I'm kicking myself right now.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am a little more rested this morning. This week is very busy outside the home, but helping with a newborn is also busy and tiring. I am reading this book called The Sweet Spot and it talks about the busyness of our lives and how we look at it as a good thing. However, they write about a person who was told they had 6 months to live, leaving behind a wife and children....now talk about prioritizing what is important. Also a study done that for 48 hours, these people were not to do anything fun..interesting enough, after 48 hours they said to do the study any longer would be unadvised..as these people were slugglish, crancky, headaches, could not focus...SOOOOOOO
    I say all that to say this...let's keep our healthy lifestyles in front of us, but make sure we keep fun in our lives too!!

I was up all the night before with the baby and just running on E....but got a little sleep last night and ready for another day. No exercise per say...but no sleep, no exercise..LOL

@TeresaW1020 She had to have what's called a blood patch to get rid of the migraines...today is a new day!! LOL

@TrishasTime So sorry about your friend. I agree with krupalip....sounds like a fighter...but sometimes I say out loud..I know I am a fighter, but do I always have to fight? LOL I hope your day today is much better.

@krupalip Enjoy your family and you will have more control over your health than you realize. It's part of the package of life...you are doing great!!! Glad you are excited to get to the gym.

@trooworld So sorry both times were a bust...when I read your message about the burger...I thought to myself..it tasted greasy because your taste buds are changing from your healthy eating habits. I remember when I hadn't had Wendys (fast food) for a long time and then one day, I did and it tasted awful...felt like it had been cooked in Lard and was very salty....

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, trying to get things done before I leave for the day.....and I wanted to check in here as you all are so good for my mental state of mind..

Cbabie

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    For all you Kindle owners:

Amazon is offering free book today

Freestyle 2018. By James Wilson
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, you sure aren't hitting it out of the park with your restaurant choices. :D I agree that cooking at home can so often be a better choice. Especially if you are a good cook and it sure sounds like you are!! Pumpkin spice is one of my favorite flavors too! Last week Walmart had the Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt in pumpkin pie flavor. I bought all they had and this week they didn't have any. Ugghhh!! :/ I was born in California but haven't been back in over 30 years. Thanks for the skinny vibe wishes. I only lost .4 this week but that is OK. I upped my exercise over the last two days and I know that will cause some water retention. Hubby said I was looking good in my jeans.....so!! B)

@Trishastime, so sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully, his weight loss will help him during treatment. I know it's easy to turn to food for comfort but that doesn't usually help. Feels good at the moment though, doesn't it? <3

Well, my day has been pretty good. I spent two hours in Walmart shopping for the family visit. They will eat dinner with us on Thursday night so I'm making pork carnitas and tacos with all the fixins. For dessert, we will have a fruit salad with a honey lime poppyseed dressing. Pinterest to the rescue!! :) The other two days will be us eating out for both lunch and dinner. I'm going to do my best!

Since I come here almost every day and I'm getting to know you ladies, I thought I would share a piece of myself with you all. Six months ago tomorrow, I got the call from ex-husband that our 26-year-old daughter had died from a drug overdose. Alisha had battled her addiction for 8 years and it had been an up and down rollercoaster with her that ended in a way I had always feared it would. Actually, I had feared worse. I had feared her being murdered on the street or left a vegetable in a hospital. She died in her apartment, on her bed, with her beloved cat next to her. :'(

Alisha and I talked almost every day and I spent so much time trying every way I could to tell her that she was worth so much more and that she could change her life. She tried many times but her demons always got the best of her. I prayed for her every day that she would stop trying to destoy herself and it is my absoulute belief that God answered my prayer. True, not in the way I wanted. But she wasn't going to stop and I think He reached down and said that's enough and He took her home. My faith, my husband, my church family have gotten me through these months without her. I miss her every single day and it's usually at night in my bed alone that I let my mind dwell on her. But she has been with me a lot this last week. I've been on this weight loss journey for a long, long time but since Alisha's death, I'm even more determine to walk in freedom. I want to do it for me and for her. :) Thanks for letting me share. <3
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Krupalip. Enjoy your time with the family. Although I know that usually means extra food around. Keep your NYC goal in the forefront of your mind. Maybe even change the wallpaper on your phone to a pic of NYC. Something that will excite you.

Trooworld OK now you can get back on track. You aren’t going to win that money in Healthywage if you keep going down this path. Because then it turns into a habit. Believe me. Been there done that. I’m the same way about the beef and cheeseburgers. I’m not wasting my calories. So now you know you can check that restaurant off your list. Fall-I’m ready for fall weather. Plus pumpkin stuff everywhere.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Cbabie. I think the greasy cheeseburgers are the best. Juicy. As long as the beef is good. But I’m limiting mine to once a month. That’s my boundary. Although I had the same experience at Wendy’s when I was on vacation. It’s not my taste buds I think it’s Wendy’s. It’s good you found some time to check in

teresaW1020. Hubby compliments are the best as they see us everyday. I take any loss no matter how small. I cook a lot from Pinterest. That fruit salad sounds good. Do you know where you will be eating so you can research the menu and calories ahead of time. I’m so sorry about your daughter. I know usually words are not enough but we are too far apart for me to give you a hug. I’m not a hugger either. Milestone anniversaries are hard to get through. It’s so easy to turn to food for comfort. I pray you find peace and comfort along with strength and freedom. You can do this. ❤️

Went to clinic for echocardiogram. It’s been 5 years since I’ve had one so just to see if I still need my heart meds. Plus wearing a Holter monitor. For those that haven’t had one a 24 hour EKG. Thursday I get my stitches out. Food was good again today.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I agree, we need fun in our lives! I hope the blood patch helped with the migraines for your granddaughter. You might be right, I might have enjoyed that burger before. I hope you get some sleep tonight, that is also good for your mental state of mind! ;)

@theslightedgeforever thanks, I checked and it is still -0- today. Yes, I'm ready to turn this ship around. So, do you still need your heart meds? Good job on the food. So do you resume exercise on Thursday? Will it be hard to get back to exercise? I took one day off during the week last week and it was kind of hard to get back.

@TeresaW1020 No, I'm not! lol Both my husband and I are pretty good cooks. We can cook nearly anything we see in a restaurant, so we really should have celebrated in. It's a good thing you bought all of the PS Dannons last week, hopefully, they will have some more this next week. .4 is still a loss, going in the right direction so celebrate that! And woo hoo to the hubby's compliment! ;) Pork carnitas...yum! And the fruit salad sounds delicious, I have a similar recipe (I have a similar recipe to most recipes...I have saved 5,195 recipes). Teresa, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must have gone through/be going through losing Alisha. I've never lost anyone to addiction, and I can only imagine it must be very hard. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing.

Hello all. I don't know if I mentioned but on Monday when I went to BodyPump, I was laying on my back and turned my head to the right to look at the instructor and all of the sudden the world started spinning and I got vertigo. I had to stop for a minute. So, I went to my doctor yesterday and he said to get rid of it basically I have to reproduce the dizziness over and over until it goes away. I lay on my back on the bed and turn my head first to the left and then to the right and when the world starts spinning, I wait until it stops and then I sit up and then I wait until it stops spinning again and then lay back down and do it all again. So, hopefully, I can get rid of the vertigo. Eating was better yesterday. No missed steps.
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, sorry didn’t have time to log on yesterday, spent all day cooking for my DH since it was his birthday, made all his favourites while he was working...then my parents came home and had a good lunch with them, couldn’t hold back on mum’s cooking (it was sort of a potluck)
    But had a healthy dinner last night which was good

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the great idea about changing the wallpaper on my phone, I am just going to find one right now. Hope your EKG was normal, take care

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry for your loss, you are such a strong person for enduring so much and still staying on track with your weight loss. You are an inspiration

@cbabie hope you are doing well and so is your great-granddaughter, Please take care of your health and don’t exert yourself too much

@trooworld quite a scare you had with vertigo, take care please

Ok got to go, hope my trainer is back, see you all bye have a great day ahead
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. I won’t know til I go back to my dr in 3 weeks. I’m going to resume exercise on Friday. I get the stitches out in the afternoon. I want to stick to my schedule. Friday is my yoga day so that will be easy but getting back into the routine will take a bit. Yeah on getting back on track. Do they know what is causing the vertigo?

Gemwolf. Go look. It may still be free. I’ve seen that happen.

Another good food day for me
  • trooworld
    Options
    @krupalip happy birthday to your hubby! It's all about balance, and it sounds like you did it well. re: the vertigo...thanks, yes, if I am driving and turn my head the wrong way, I could cause myself to wreck so I have to be very careful!!!

@theslightedgeforever I know what caused my vertigo: the crystals in my ear canal were dislodged when I turned my head too quickly to look at my BodyPump instructor, I know exactly when it happened, when and where. It should be easy to get them to settle back into place. Yoga sounds like a good way to ease back into exercise. I may do yoga at work today. I bought blocks to use. I hope it isn't that instructor but I think it is. Congrats on another good food day.

Hello all. I had a good eating day yesterday and even rolled over 3 points, I am not negative in points for the week anymore. My Fitbit Versa stopped charging yesterday, so I contacted support and I have to send it back and they will send me another one since it is still under the one-year warranty. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am crazy busy this week...which having a newborn in the house doesn't help either..LOL However, not great on the eating but better. I am on my way out the door and will be gone most of the day only to come home and cook and run out the door again until about 10;...ugh but trying to track and have done good so far this week.

I will try to touch base tomorrow with everyone. I am sorry I can't reply back to all, short on time this morning.

I am glad to see everyone sharing their day and wins and losses....

Cbabie
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So last week I went to Disneyland for my best friends bachelorette party. I am her MOH so I was busy coordinating and planning the entire time, hence my absence from the message board. Planning a Disney bachelorette party for 8 girls was quite the project but everyone had a great time especially the bride so I’m happy with how it turned out. I KNOW I ate over my calorie goals on all of those days, I’m hoping all the walking helped with at least some of those extra calories. I also got food poisoning on the trip so I’m not sure how that effected my calorie intake/weight. I got back on Tuesday and went straight to work on Wednesday cuz my boss is in town visiting my shop. These visits are always a little stressful so I haven’t been eating normally. I’m not eating more, just not how I normally do. I also started my period yesterday. Go figure the first day back at work with my boss in town and then that happens. So I decided not to weigh in this week just because there has been so much up and down with my body and I don’t know that it will accurately reflect my weight. After this week my schedule will be back to normal and I don’t have any trips planned until end of September. I can’t wait to get back into the groove of weighing/tracking food every day, working out consistently, and taking real days off work lol.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far!! Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Can you use your phone to track while you are away? ((( HUGS ))) to you.

@ChelleTrell Yay to the great time, boo to the food poisoning! It makes sense not to weigh in this week. No good plans this weekend...just meal prep and going to the gym. How about you?

Hi all! Well, last night it took 1 hr 45 minutes to get home thanks to traffic. I then had to stop at the grocery store (and also stop and get gas) because I didn't feel like eating yet another salad this week. Because I didn't have the energy for anything else, I grabbed tortellini and a jar of pasta sauce and went to the register. Normally, I wouldn't mind eating tortellini but it is so close to weigh-in day, it's really a bad idea to eat it but what is done is done. I just have to try to drink a lot of water today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. I had to go Google and see if everyone has crystals in their ears 😀 I didnt know was that something you did yourself or not. Lol. I hope this passes soon. Woohoo on positive points.

Cbabie Have you had any NSVs this week?

ChelleTrell. Disney trip sounded fun. Any girls trip is fun I think. Nothing fun on the weekend planned except for some baking. I only do that on the weekend or I’ll eat everything.

I went to dr. He wants me to wait one more week to exercise. Grrrrrrrrrr was my reaction. I haven’t decided to follow that advice or not. I’m thinking how will a light walk hurt me. It’s not like I’m playing football or anything. I said it’s just some walking. He said just wait another week because of the internal stitches Grrrrrrrrrr. Usually when I can exercise I don’t want to. Another good food day on Thursday
  • ChelleTrell
    ChelleTrell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

This week just flew by for me with such a busy work schedule. I work this weekend but am excited to have Monday and Tuesday off.

Trooworld. What are you going to meal prep this week? I am so excited to go grocery shopping tonight so I can prep for the upcoming week. I usually eat the same thing for lunch everyday (turkey sandwich & fruit) but not sure what I’ll grab for dinners.

Theslightedgeforever. What are you gonna bake? I have such a sweet tooth if I bake anything I’ll eat it all in one sitting. Sorry you can’t exercise. I know that feeling. When you can you don’t want to and when you can’t you’re suddenly motivated. Weird how that works.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

How are you all. It is Saturday here in Aus. Gained this week :( but was deserved!! Today is a new day :) We had our anniversary last Thursday - too close to weigh in day to eat Chinese. I am sure that it was not the only hiccup that week.

@theslightedgeforever - I know it is hard to sit out for another week, but the doctor obviously thinks you should. Maybe he is being over cautious, but I would want to be sure. You can do other things like arm exercises etc.

@trooworld -best of luck for your weigh in. Hope you balance (ears) settle down soon. My mum had to sleep upright in a chair for a week.

@chelletrell - Believe it or not at nearly60 - Disneyland I still on my bucket list. I am glad you all had a great time

@cbabie - A newborn in the home is always disruptive? Does your grand daughter normally live with you? Hope everyone gets settled soon.

@gemwold110 - Congratulations - that is a nice weight drop.

@TeresaW1020 _ I was sad to read that your daughter died, thankyou for sharing. It might be very motivating to do this for your daughter. Hope you had a nice time with the family visiting

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    ChelleTrell. I think I’m going to make cheese Danish pastries. Although I’m in a bread making mood. I found myself on a site going ooh that looks good and ooh that looks good. I have more problems with breads than sweets so maybe not.

Trishastime Dr said definitely no weights. I could just flail my arms around. Lol. He’s more worried about the sweat and the dissolvable stitches. So I guess I’ll sit and read my bookclub books. Lol. I finally got to Disney at 41. I was such a child. Made my kids stand in line 3 hrs so I could get a pic with Mickey Mouse. My son was playing in a baseball tournament there or otherwise might still be waiting to go.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I thought I would pop in to make sure you were all behaving. :)

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do today. My husband's youngest son, his wife, and their four-year-old daughter arrived Thursday evening. I fed them pork carnitas (best EVER!) and fruit salad. Yesterday, we went to the Georgia Aquarium for the day and then ate at a local restaurant, were I wayyyy overindulged. :/ It's OK, I'm going to try to behave more moderately today. *fingers crossed!*

My issue for today is my husband. He spent the whole day yesterday sneezing his head off. We thought (and prayed) that it was allergies. Last night the coughing started and then the throwing up. He is sick. So, I'm kinda stuck with his family today and trying to figure out what to do. I'm thinking a movie and hoping the 4-year-old might like the new Christopher Robin movie. We were going swimming but of course, it's going to rain today as well. Ugghhhh!!! So we will see when they get here this morning. Wish me luck!! ;)