Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey in Edmonton: We're having another smokey day, too. :broken_heart:

Rita: I hope you're feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

Kathleen in FL: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :smiley:

Lanette: Our vet bills have been higher, too. However our dog is a miracle on four feet. Last fall he hurt his back and we nearly lost him. Thanks to our care at home and our vet's medicine and guidance, he is alive and well. :heart:

Barbara: Your land is beautiful. I love the secret cistern. :flowerforyou:

Tracey in Edmonton: It seems like the smoke situation changes every day. Yesterday was not too bad, but this morning is much worse. I can tell by the haze and the headache. :sad:

Machka: Thanks for the mask photos. :smiley: I love the view from your window. :star:

Carol in GA: I hope the medicine works and you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

NYKaren: I love the bike photos and your daughter is gorgeous! :heart:

The air quality today is worse than it has been. We're staying indoors for now. I have a riding lesson later this afternoon and plan to go to that. The stable is at a higher elevation and I hope the air is better there. We live next to the river, and the smoke seems to drain into here.

Katla in Smokey NW Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Machka ...the photos of Karen's daughter, Rachel, are taken on the campus of Geneseo ... part of the NY State University System. These must have been taken last Fall or Winter as New York is in the last weeks of summer right now.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ I think the photos were taken in Africa where Rachel is doing a summer internship.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Currently in Grahamstown South Africa. Heading to jo-burg tomorrow then on to capetown end of week. Very special trip for DH and I. The weather has been chilly, then rainy, and even warm and spring like in the afternoon. NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well with Dementia it is like a roller coaster, yesterday he was angry and violent, today he was happy to listen to music and be fed, kept his eyes closed because he wanted too.. I really have to look into a small bluetooth radio or player and wireless headphones,I think that he would really enjoy it, he loves Frank Sinatra and all that kind of music, and I bet if he got out of bounds and they put the music on he would calm down.
    came home and went through and hung up my clean clothes and went through papers and threw out a bunch of junk, have more to go , and I havent heard from my brother, maybe he is sleeping in..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Yes, the cool bike sculpture is on the Rhodes university campus in so Africa—very unique and cool- the minute I saw it i thought of Machka!
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    MS ride is getting closer... sep 8th and n 9th... kirby got the outside lights to work, replaced the stereo that was in there with another that the got so you can play music from our phones using bluetooth. got an outside portable shower tested and working. took my bike to get tuned up.... now l just gotta work on getting to my goal, not there yet. if I don't make it, oh well....
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Good morning ladies, well almost afternoon, lazy day here. Kinda rainy and gloomy today. Will hop on stationary bike, then work on ornaments. Have a terrific day!

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recd our youngest son's bank statement, because he used his legal address with the bank and so husband glanced at it. Probably an invasion of son's privacy, but we also get a couple of junk mail things, so husband was making sure it wasn't one of those mailers. So son has addiction to unsavory websites, that just take your money. Yes the P word. Husband immediately called son and confronted him, which he confessed he would stop. I then talked to him, my husband hadn't told me the reason he was on the phone, and we had a nice chat. Afterwards, when husband told me, I had a pit in my stomach, still do. I told my husband that I should write son a letter, confessing my addiction a couple of years ago. Mine was sexting, and nearly threw out marriage to the wayside, but we got thru it. I learned better coping skills, more interaction between my husband, my friends.
    Do you think me sharing my problem would help him? I don't want him to think I am putting the focus of this on ME, but I am hoping the similarities between the two addictions will show he is normal. That what we should concentrate on is him learning new coping skills. Poor kid, I am sad for him.
    Thinking an addiction focus group might help. I think talking to a Chaplin would help too.
    Of course this letter I might write will stir the hornets nest in my thoughts and bring back the ache in my heart. Its they feeling of "I just don't want to go there", but for my son I would.
    Put your two cents in, I value your comnents.💗🙏
    Love Rebecca
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Recd our youngest son's bank statement, because he used his legal address with the bank and so husband glanced at it. Probably an invasion of son's privacy, but we also get a couple of junk mail things, so husband was making sure it wasn't one of those mailers. So son has addiction to unsavory websites, that just take your money. Yes the P word. Husband immediately called son and confronted him, which he confessed he would stop. I then talked to him, my husband hadn't told me the reason he was on the phone, and we had a nice chat. Afterwards, when husband told me, I had a pit in my stomach, still do. I told my husband that I should write son a letter, confessing my addiction a couple of years ago. Mine was sexting, and nearly threw out marriage to the wayside, but we got thru it. I learned better coping skills, more interaction between my husband, my friends.
    Do you think me sharing my problem would help him? I don't want him to think I am putting the focus of this on ME, but I am hoping the similarities between the two addictions will show he is normal. That what we should concentrate on is him learning new coping skills. Poor kid, I am sad for him.
    Thinking an addiction focus group might help. I think talking to a Chaplin would help too.
    Of course this letter I might write will stir the hornets nest in my thoughts and bring back the ache in my heart. Its they feeling of "I just don't want to go there", but for my son I would.
    Put your two cents in, I value your comnents.💗🙏
    Love Rebecca

I'd think about it carefully. Will it cause a problem with your husband? How will he feel about you sharing this with your son? And how old is your son?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I agree with the other ladies, were he older it might be different. Right now he needs his Mom and Dad as role models/leaders. I think it would just give him more to struggle with right now.

Just my opinion of course. Much love and hugs.

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rye gorgeous!

Rebecca hugs. It is so hard when you see you child with a problem. I too am a fixer and want to jump right in to fix it. For now he knows you are aware. The privacy issue is a tough one. I would acknowledge you are sorry you invaded his privacy. Offer to leave to door open about the addiction. You do not want this to impact him in a negative way and only want the best for him. You are more than ready to help him because you love him.

We also know we should not want to eat the chocolate piece of cake but we do and then figure out a way to justify it. Instead of the chocolate cake his is the unsavory websites. A question who is profiting by his addiction and who is getting hurt? Pershaps putting it in those terms might give him pause to make changes that would benefit him.

:heart: Margaret
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I agree with the others. I think telling him your story doesn’t help solve his.

Okie
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3