WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hugs Katla!!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    My dear husband has the container open partly, so the Graham crackers get soft, and the frosting gets hard!
    Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Yes, the cool bike sculpture is on the Rhodes university campus in so Africa—very unique and cool- the minute I saw it i thought of Machka!

My mistake! :) I never thought of needing jackets in S. Africa!

A lot of people don't associate snow with Australia either. :)

Machka in (rather snowy) Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    Lanette, ditto what Katla said about your wisdom words for Wendy.
    Rebecca, ditto what others esp Trucker and Katla said. Hard for Mom to sit this one out but think this is best addressed man-to-man. Maybe Meg has some suggestion for dealing with your own feelings surrounding this discovery.
    Rye so angry/sad/sorry the catty comments soured what had been an enjoyable weekend. Your photo art is wondrous!
    Barbie gentle (((hugs)))
    Machka love your treetop views!

Welcome szantojs, let us know what you want to be called and roughly where you are.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 17/19, meditate 8/19, walk one more step 7/19, knee exercises 8/19, core 5/12, walk Tumble 9/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 12/19
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning Ladies,
    up and showered and will get the pooch out for a walk...then to feed DFIL and walk the other pups then work at 11 am
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Morning, afternoon, evening all...

Actually have a few moments to take a breath after all the hustle and bustle of last week. Took an entire day off yesterday and did almost nothing, work-wise, although I did trade a few phone calls with co-workers, who I'm in the process of reassuring that they will LOVE the interim CEO who starts her first official day today at the El Paso headquarters. I had the chance to speak to her over dinner Friday night, and watched her in action at the board meeting for more than four hours on Saturday, and she's impressive.

Posted up to my eggshome dot com blog this morning the strides my husband and son are making at the mountain house, which is making me very, very happy... and can't wait to see it on my return. So pleased they're stepping up without me there nipping at their heels. I know my husband could hear the stress in my voice after talking to the home insurance people on Tuesday last week. They're threatening to cancel our home insurance if certain things aren't accomplished, some of which are just silly - like a porch railing on a front porch we never use, etc. Corey's really stepped up to the plate to make sure the five things they want done are taken care of before their deadline. Love that man.

Only an hour and a half before I have to get on the road, time for a shower and getting everything back in bags before I travel to my next meeting, two hours away.

Love y'all, reading every day, with you in spirit.
    Lisa in New Mexico for a couple more hours. Home is only six days away!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Good Monday Morning from Sunny and cooler Ohio- Fall is in the air! Was a good weekend after a rough week. YDD never let me know about the Darke county Fair on Sunday, so we didn't go. No great loss on my part, but probably only the second time DGD has missed it in 15 years. On Saturday, my YGS had a football game at the same time as a car show we go to yearly at the local festival. I found out after the fact that my oldest DD and her family came up for the game and literally stopped for ice cream around the corner from the festival. I am still trying to process my feelings about the events this weekend with daughters......Would have loved to have seen them, but reckon I am thankful they are getting along after many years of "cat fights". The car show was relaxing and we won a trophy. On Sunday I had palnned on cleaning house, but......after cooking breakfast and cleaning kitchen went to sit on back deck and decided it needed sprayed down. Husband had called a hot tub repair guy who is coming this morning to look at my tub. I am frustrated that a less than 6 yo tub is leaking so badly. I thought when we bought it that by going with a "Hot Springs Spa" we would get 15-20 years......SMH! Cleaned the back deck off. Needs serious scrubbing but is much better! Less spiders! Moved stuffs around for easier access for repair man. Then decided to pull the few weeds popping up in the flower beds......that led to pulling out two bushes and moving two more hostas, that led to edging the last flower bed and cleaning that edge up, which led to trimming up some trees and picking up branches, then when I went to water newly planted hostas.....decided to spray off front porch, well.....that led to scrubbing front porch :D I n the middle of all that I was doing laundry as well! Needless to say, I did not cook dinner. Funny thing is I wasn't really hungry. We ended up at costco to pick up a couple of things and had hot dogs for dinner, followed by meeting friends at the Dairy shed for dessert. This morning, I am enjoying the fruits of my labor and sitting on the front porch typing this. I am listening and watching two hummingbirds at my feeder and flowers. I have watched a woodpecker on my oak tree. I even got to see a hawk catch a rodent in the front yard. While my view isn't as majestic as Machka's, the country life is pretty neat. ;) The house is vacuumed, kitchen cleaned, last load of laundry in dryer. Not a bad start to the week. Two more work weeks until vacation!
    I have read and mentally commented on everyone's posts, but am out of time again. I love all the pictures! The pets, the children, the before/afters, and the homes. You all are so supportive and sharing! It is ashame that more women aren't like us! ;) Rye, I don't understand the "catty" remarks women have to make. If you have a problem with me, then say something to me. I will then explain my point of view. I made bacon for breakfast yesterday for first time in months and still after cleaning kitchen had to spray odor stuff as the smell of bacon lingers and I really don't like it.
    I am sending hellos to all the new ladies!
    I am sending (((HUGS))) to all those in need of one!
    I am sending thank yous to all of you!
    I am sending encouragement to those in need!
    I am sending energy to those in the middle of projects!

Have a blessed day with your best decisions!
    <3
    Kylia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Wendy Agree with what others have said, short factual answers without embellishment and ask for a question to be repeated if you need to. And keep Esmerelda in your pocket for courage.

Rebecca Not sure the Pork your son is looking at online is any different than Hustler or Playboy stashed under the mattress. He's 20. It's normal.

Karen in VIrginia
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    T
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Argh just dumped a post - hate that it dumps when your phone turns sideways.
    Have a good day ~ jazzypdx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :heart:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,317 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Terry
    - (((HUGS))). Good idea about putting something non-slip on the bottom of your cast.

Rebecca - I see I mistakenly posted about your DH's Pork problem - fingers meant to type DS's Pork problem. Now regarding your DH's graham cracker and chocolate frosting problem, lol. At least he's able to fend for himself in the dessert department and you are not in the kitchen stirring up batches of cookies or cupcakes.

Meg - Just read your post...(((HUGS))). That's the danger of people sending files, the recipient has no control over but gets swept up in it when the investigators start looking and could really happen to anyone. Very, very sad.

Machka - that's a million dollar view right there! I can't remember - are their stairs up to your place that your DH has to navigate or is the entry on ground level?

Lanette
    Smokey (for the next couple days) and soon to be hot SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    ;;;;