Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    Jjjj
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Well it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be ..but being on my feet all day is killing my feet.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    One of the few cloudy, rainy, cool days we have had this summer. I used it to do some house cleaning and laundry. No Zumba today. My knee was bothering me some yesterday and didn't want it to get bad like it had before. It seems fine now.

:heart: Margaret
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Home and tired,going to sleep early as I'm getting up at 4 am to get Alfie out for a walk,going to meet cousins at a balloon festival to watch the balloons go up ..have to be there at 5 and it's about 1/2 hr away...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    (((Barbie))): It sounds like you are in transition to something better. I'm glad the OTC pain remedies are at least as good as the prescriptions you were using. I also hope that every day is better than the day before. I'm glad your doctors want to try Fosomax if necessary. I've mentioned that I take the generic version and it has improved my bone density over the past few years, as verified by a bone density scan. I've mentioned that there are once daily and once weekly versions. I strongly prefer once a week because the medicine requires sitting upright for ½ hour, and taking in no beverages or food except glasses of water with the pill, until the time is up. I can do it once a week with a good attitude, but not every day. Weight bearing exercise is also important. You did plenty of walking and dancing before you started having pain. Both of those things seem great. I also love yoga. :heart:

Dr Katie: With so many cousins batting cancer I have to wonder whether it is environmental. Do they live in an area of high pesticide use or heavy industry? I am sorry about their situation. :flowerforyou:

Mary: It sounds like you are needed. It is good for your family to have help. I hope things ease up before too long. :star:

Rori: I'm glad that you don't have to worry about your former condo in the Hawaiian storms. I hope people stay safe there. :heart:

Rebecca: My husband and daughter in law love Kirks soap, too. :smiley:

Beth: Prayers and good thoughts for your son. :flowerforyou:

Karen: My son is bossy but I know he loves me. That helps. I hope he's noticing that I am competent and functional. He hasn't said otherwise since they have been here. :devil: :bigsmile;

Pip: You are my hero. You are doing this ride to help people with MS like my DH. Send me your address and I'll send a donation. I still have the address on 57th Street E, in Sumner. Does it still work? :huh:

Janet: I love the sculptor chiseling herself. :bigsmile:

Machka: Happy Anniversary!!!!! I love the story of you and DH meeting, and eventually marrying. What wonderful memories. :heart:

(((Rye))) So sorry about the health insurance problems. :sad:

Lanette: DH has drop-foot caused by his MS. He has a brace that helps him to keep his left foot in the proper position to walk. There is a piece that fits in his shoe and helps to hold the foot in its correct position. That piece is attached to a leg brace. It has been used hard and needs replacing soon. His doctor has sent a prescription to the brace maker. :flowerforyou:

Yesterday we all attended a concert in the park. Afterwards DS ran into a long time family friend and his wife. The friend lived in the town where we did while our kids were growing up. He is close to my age and the kids knew him back then as the neighbor of their school friends. DS and his family are out of the house today. My daughter in law is taking part in a Pilates class, and DS and the baby are running errands and finding fun things to do in PDX. They should be home within an hour or so. I made macaroni salad using brown rice noodles, and DH plans to grill salmon for dinner.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Do u want me to send u the donation link instead? You are my hero for being so thoughtful.. I will be wearing that scarf❤️❤️
  • pipcd34
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I got 25 more bucks, at $845 now!!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla,enjoy your family moments💗. Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.44min, 14.2amph, 134mhr, 1.5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 50.16min, 149mhr, 123ahr, 14.1amph, 11.8mi= 452c
    apple watch- 456c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.26min, 8.32min mi, 140ahr, 149mhr, .5mi= 54c
    apple watch- 47c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.11min, 9.5min mi, 150mhr, .4mi= 67c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.22min, 9.5amph 130ahr, 155mhr, 2.5mi= 180c
    apple watch- 149c

total cal 819
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Pip please send me the link too!

I am feeling like it is springtime at work! Another crazy day. Time to get some shut eye.

Prayers for healing, comfort and safe travels!
    (((Hugs))) to All just because they feel good!

<3
    Kylia
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, popping in for a second while drinking my smoothie and taking my supps, going out to feed horses and transplant tiger lillies in my garden next, Meanwhile here is some interesting research I found: Progesterone promotes bone building. Research found progesterone to be extraordinarily effective in reversing osteoporosis.(9, 10) There is evidence that progesterone may prevent and treat women’s osteoporosis. Progesterone stimulates osteoblasts and prevents bone loss in pre- and possibly perimenopausal women. Studies indicate that progesterone – likely working through bone formation pathways -plays an active role in maintaining women’s bone and in osteoporosis prevention.(11) Research shows that transdermal progesterone had bone-sparing effects.(12)

Read the full report here: https://hypothyroidmom.com/progesterone-thyroid-a-hormonal-connection-essential-for-optimal-womens-health/

It is very worth reading IMO, love ya'all, Happy Anniversary Machka, <3 Wendy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a zero to Sixty with weights DVD.

M – I’m glad you were somewhere in your office where people knew that there wasn’t someone and so wouldn’t go there (thereby giving you quiet)

Janetr – what a great start to the day, smiling! Thanks

Kim – 3 – 5 YEARS!!!! Have you ever done this before? Did it take that long? (((HUGS)) about you brother. That is so tough on everyone. I guess the silver lining (not much of one) is that you can prepare yourself rather than it being a sudden thing

M – very happy anniversary. What a story!

Kylia – I just sent you a friend request. One of the things I don’t like about facebook is that you can’t tell someone where they know you from. I know that if someone sends me a facebook request and I don’t know them, I usually decline the request.

Suebdew – feel better fast

Rye – I’m so sorry for your health insurance problems. To me, the only people who should have full access to the Newcomer website are the webmaster and the person (who they haven’t found yet) who is there to back him up. That’s it. But it’s not my call. It does scare me in that anyone can delete a member. But Vince assured me that the webmaster can find out who did and when if this ever occurs. I do hope so. Well, it’ll only be a few more months for me so I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens. Kitties ALWAYS change your mood!!!

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

We are headed out this morning to meet some friends for lunch. The location is about two hours drive away so we will get a nice drive in at the same time.

Have a great weekend!

Okie in the TX Hill Country