September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Should I count my hikes and walks in my monthly challenge miles? Is that cheating?

It depends on whether you were challenging yourself to RUN said mileage, or only propel yourself forward for that distance.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 - Congratulations! That is a great time improvement under not so great conditions! I would be super disappointed if I thought there would be Chickfila and there were only oranges... When I try and smile for the cameras during a race I usually end up looking like I am in incredible pain! Ha! Hope yours turn out much better :)
    @amymoreorless - I think it is up to you whether you count your hikes or not. For me personally I have counted recovery walks or walk with 'purpose' but not if I am just out for just a casual evening stroll around the neighborhood.
    @Elise4270 - 9 miles today! Wow you are killing it!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Should I count my hikes and walks in my monthly challenge miles? Is that cheating?

It depends on whether you were challenging yourself to RUN said mileage, or only propel yourself forward for that distance.

Exactly. Your challenge, you set the rules for you. I personally do not, but others do.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I have a question for the group - when you go on vacation or a business trip do you get excited about running in a new place and spend time plotting out where you might be able to run?

We are going on a road trip next week and I spent several hours last night (instead of going to bed) looking at Google Maps and running sites for route/trail recommendations. Then I plotted a route in each location where we will be staying and saved them :)

I just wing it. I run towards water. LOL
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless I am sorry for your loss. <3
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Yes, I do that. Last time, I was taking a very intense (i.e. long days and a couple of nights) course held in a national park service site. I ran some trails there, but unfortunately had too little time to get much done in miles. On the drive down, I gave myself plenty of extra time to do a long run along a biking/running trail along the way.

When I travel for work, it is normally to the same location. I've been there enough times that I no longer have to look it up - I already know where I'm going to run and how to best run from the hotel to the biking/running trail nearby.
  • jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job on the races this past weekend!

Was battling a pretty bad sinus headache yesterday, so never made it out for a run. The weather was on and off rain yesterday with thunder, so that added to it. We were at the camper and it was warm out, so we sat outside and watched the rain. Thankfully, felt much better today and went out after we got home. It was drizzling/periodic mist, but it was kind of fun to be out in it.

9/1 - 4 miles
    9/2 - 0
    9/3 - 4 miles

8 total/ 50 miles goal
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    4 miles

exercise.png