WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• dfrazier07
    dfrazier07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on track for September! I love the idea that this is like the beginning of the year. I feel like I'm finally ready for January now (lol). My goals for September are to use Fitness pal to log my food diary every day, exercise for at least 20 minutes every day, and make the necessary life changes to increase my productivity (not just in fitness) overall. Hope everyone has a wonderful, successful month! Denise
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mary - Geeze with the keys! Good thing you were lithe like a snake and could wiggle back into the RV. Hope they turned up! Hope real snakes don't come to visit, lol.

Rori
    - Reuben did a bang up job on your mantel area. Glad you found him. I agree about getting outside still while the weather is nice. Did that cortisone shot for your Morton's neuroma fix it for good?

Rebecca
    - glad your vertigo is calming down and that they have meds for it. Yum on the fried rice!

Heather and Barbara S Oregon Coast - I couldn't agree more with your advice to Lesley about starting slow, just do little things, then as you feel better, start adding a bit. I was always anxious and disappointed during my life when I'd plan to eat only a certain number of calories AND walk a lot of steps AND.....(fill in the blank). Because if I'd fail at one thing, I tended to give up on all my plans. It wasn't until I decided to start strength training last year and do it for my health and balance and to help heal my knee bursitis - not weight loss - that things started to click. As I saw results, I revamped my eating and started exploring how food and exercise impact our aging brains and bodies. Before I found this group on MFP I was clueless. I appreciated them so much! <3

Lisa - glad your knee felt better than it looked. Just took a peek at your blog photos. I am thrilled you have John and other family coming to help with your project - wow, move in is next month! And, it's looking great! What a busy year you've had so far.

Barbie
    - was it after a month of taking it easy that you'll be able to resume your line dancing and other activities? Glad you have knitting and friends to stop in and visit and help with the dogs. Hope too that Jake is doing well - when are his treatments over?

Kelly - I admire you and love hearing about your days, projects, weather, kids. I always look forward to your posts.

Heather
    - Same with you - days, friends, weather, house move. All of you, really! I started listing names then didn't want anyone to feel left out. <3 ALL OF YOU! <3

Our deck builder Fred and his son laid down our new deck boards yesterday. Talk about working on Labor Day! Fred will stop by after work today and finish the handrails and steps....then tomorrow he'll spray on stain.

So I have to pick up a couple gallons of stain today (I think we've decided on a color....will take some wood scraps along do a test....and Thompson's Oil seal. I'm heading in to town for allergy shots this then meeting friends for lunch so will have time to kill.

Everyone have a great week!

Lanette
    Cool and soon to be sunny SW WA State
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    50% chance showers on day 1 of the ride, oh well :0(
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Vicki- I feel you! I started August at 121, but then spent most of it at almost 125, until the end. The scale can be a wicked mistress! Make small changes where needed and keep walking forward. It is a journey. Be honest with yourself. For me it is logging and quitting the intermittent snacking. There are hills, mountains, and windy paths, but you CAN do this!

Pip- Ride with us all in your pocket!

Chances, choices, and change- My philosophy! Butterflies start as ugly caterpillars, they must change to become beautiful.

<3
    Kylia
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pippin is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Pembroke means he doesn't have a tail. Cardigan Corgis have tails. He is a very active little boy and very "bitey". He chews on everything but most of the time we can replace the "bad" thing with a toy and he chews on that. His first vet visit is today. He is very social so I think it will be fun! Potty training is going pretty well-he does signal us most of the time, but sometimes we either don't recognize it or get to him too late. So, more on us than him. He has spurts of hyperactivity, but then will nap for a couple of hours. I managed to get to the gym Sunday and Monday for a quick workout and have a session with my personal trainer at 4. Weigh-in on Thursday is going to be interesting. I'll be happy if I stay the same as last week. Pippin is waking up from his nap so I need to grab him and take him outside!!!
    ElizabethGA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Wendy: Cream Soda and you are both so lovely in the photo. I hope you’ll post another picture of you together once he is home. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I’ll happily say “hi” to Boise for you. We plan to go to Art in the Park with DSIL & my husband’s cousin. The last time I went there I bought a day of the week clock. That trip was shortly after I retired & the clock tickled my funny bone. :smiley:

Jennybech3: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Machka: You and your DH are doing so well. I’m happy he is home and you’re able to do the things that you love together again. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in AR: Your DH is definitely a keeper. :flowerforyou:

Rita: Your RV looks very familiar and home like, although yours looks as though your TV antenna is up and functional. :wink: I hope you love your new situation. :heart: I have a question about your steering wheel. Ours is just the wrong size for the driver to see the instrument panel on the dashboard. Looking around it to try and see the instruments is awkward and not a good situation while traveling on the highway. What size is yours? Do you like it?

I had a lovely yoga class today and enjoyed it. I’m still in an energy lag after the past couple of weeks with houseguest and travel & yoga today helped me stretch out grumpy muscles. I still feel like I need to catch up on rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Katla thank you for the comments on our RV! We are living the new situation.
    As far as the steering wheel goes, we have a lever that allows tilting of the steering wheel. It is on the left side towards the bottom. My DH has to move it all the way up when driving to be able to see the gauges. He likes it fine this way. I will pm you about the working antenna when I am on my PC later. On phone now.....

RV Rita in Roswell New Mexico
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    [quote="
    Rori[/b] - Reuben did a bang up job on your mantel area. Glad you found him. I agree about getting outside still while the weather is nice. Did that cortisone shot for your Morton's neuroma fix it for good?
    [/quote]

Lanette: The cortisone shot gave me temporary relief. Morton's Neuroma is more annoying than painful. It feels like a sock is bunched up under your toes. Now that I understand it better, I'm using better orthotics, applying reiki and being mindful of how much pounding I put on the nerve. Often just visualizing the nerve cooling off and settling down brings relief.

Vicki
    : (((hugs))) May I suggest you journal what you are feeling? Maybe discharging what's behind the eating angst will help you identify the triggers. Self awareness is so key to success with our health.

Thank you all for your positive comments on the mantle. I'm off to swim early today, then taking DH to the optometrist to get his glasses Rx adjusted post-cataract surgery.

Make it a great day, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So busy, and so little time at the moment.

Trying to fit in some Wii body test and agility exercise in, the schizo Wii program can’t decide if it thinks my fitness age is 65 or 39. Lol, it all depends if it gives me two balancing/ agility tests or one mental and one balance. My woeful balance ( which is woeful due to my disabilities, not due to age- but certainly age isn’t on my side) has the Wii being snarky again. “ The agility test isn’t your strong suit, is is?” Lol

Reading and thinking of y’all.

Matchka, I approve ( not that you need my approval, lol) of your priorities) :). Maybe you can plan some fun summertime activities with DH that you may have not done other years because you were booked with school and study or you two were on your LENGTHY bike rides which it sounds like you might have to start working up to again.

Be happy and well today y’all!

Rye
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Love the mountain and rainbow pics!

The recent monarch caterpillar we had in our front yard turned into a chrysalis. It pick vegetation the rabbits like so I put a bird cage over it to protect it until it hatches. If you try to help the butterfly out of its shell before it is ready or a baby turtle get to the sea without letting it swim through the sand they do not make it. You just get to watch the miraculous transformation.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lenora ~ Sorry that you felt a bit uncomfortable on your trip. I have had times when I felt exactly that way.

Mary ~ Can't imagine squeezing through that tiny space. Thank the Lord you have kept up your exercise and weight loss.

We just spent an hour trying to rehang lace curtains in our bedroom. Not totally (but just a little) losing our cool as we tried to make sure we were using the right side of the curtains and the right side of the rods. I start something and then DH takes over. Ugh!

Carol in GA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    If anyone wishes it, I can just send it to you with the shipping charge. Maybe help pay some of that. It would be appreciated. I have it on the yard sale sites but no one's interested.
    Rebecca 💗