September 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    @sarahthes I don’t even remember hearing you had a coach. That’s great! Is your coach in person or online? (I have a mental block and always want to write couch instead of coach - subliminal message from my brain perhaps lol). Glad you are back on your feet!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    @RunRachelleRun Maybe it was someone else asking about it LOL. My coach is online.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @PastorVincent I'm pretty sure it's 14k cause that's how far from one town to the next lol. It's a very convenient start point and end point. I'm sure they just said "shal we go from here to there, then measure how far it is"
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @shanaber So sorry to read about Hobbes the Vizsla. Hugs!

ACk! So sorry I missed this @shanaber! It is never fun to get that news. They are such a big part of our lives. :(
  • PastorVincent
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I'm pretty sure it's 14k cause that's how far from one town to the next lol. It's a very convenient start point and end point. I'm sure they just said "shal we go from here to there, then measure how far it is"

HA! Sound like how I would do it. :D
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    @shanaber Hugs to Hobbs, and to you and DH also......
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited September 2018
    @amymoreorless Did you slip it into that horrifying tale of kidney problems that it's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! get better soon.

Am I misremembering or didn't you have plumbing problems on the day of your long run? Did that have anything to do with your failure to hydrate?

Thanks!

Yes, it was the day of the plumbing issues. No, that was not the reason I did not hydrate correctly. Tuesday was just a crazy busy day at work. I think all I drank was a few cups of coffee and a glass of wine with dinner. A long run in the heat and humidity the next morning pushed me into dehydration. My fault.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    I had some issues earlier in the week so I missed a couple of runs and that put me needing a bit over 8 today. We got a bad diagnosis for Hobbes the Vizsla, so I didn't run on Wednesday and Thursday and spent the time researching on the PC. I ran a short route with him on Friday until he was clearly too tired and today he wouldn't even go with me for part of the run or for a walk. So strange to run a long/training run without him :(

So sorry about Hobbes. :(

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Thanks @Elise4270 for setting up October! Remember whoever sets up the month gets to be first to set their goal for what its worth :wink:
    aaah. I didn't get first. I hadn't put any thought into my month and wanted to give everyone else a fair shake at getting first. I sat there for 45 minutes waiting for the frenzy to start before i realized i could plan my miles while waiting for everyone to share theirs.. duh.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,764 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Today I was trying to find an iPhone app that would let you convert times/distances and paces easily. Not much luck yet. Looking for a runner's calculator that does all the maths we need to do.

I use bane.info on my computer. Don't think they have an app yet.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    No run today. @shanaber sorry to hear about Hobbes dx. Hugs to all in the family.

Heading to October thread, see y'all next month.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,540 Member
    Just a FANTASTIC race @MobyCarp!
  • PastorVincent
    @MobyCarp! W00T!! YOU ROCKED!
  • PastorVincent
    /02 - 8.5 hot humid miles
    09/03 - 10 miles
    09/04 - Back to the car shop - yay
    09/05 - 8.5 humid miles
    09/06 - 8 humid miles
    09/07 - 9 humid miles
    09/08 - Storming
    09/09 - Storming
    09/10 - 13.1 miles
    09/11 - 8 miles
    09/12 - Date Night - No Run
    09/13 - Forget what happened
    09/14 - 16 miles
    09/15 - 10 miles
    09/16 - 9 miles
    09/17 - 8 miles
    09/18 - 10 miles
    09/19 - Date Night - No Run
    09/20 - 11 miles
    09/21 - 0 miles
    09/22 - Pittsburgh Fly By 5k
    ... let's not talk about this gap...
    09/28/18 - 11 miles with a cold
    09/29/18 - 8 miles with a cold
    09/30/18 - 9.5 miles with a cold

167 miles for the month. Ah well, see you next month!

Upcoming Races:

Harvest 10 Miler - November 2018

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Simply awe inspiring @MobyCarp .
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    @MobyCarp Fantastic race report. You are inspiring!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Congratulations @MobyClark! Enjoy your new bling and thanks for the great report.

@mbaker556 That is awesome! Two great runs and a super cute partner.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,131 Member
    @mbaker556 Awesome run and nice medal!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Congratulations @MobyCarp - so impressive. You rocked that race!

@mbaker556 great job on your 5k. I love that idea and that medal - wish you were here. Beautiful and touching.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @MobyCarp Awesome stuff! I've been hanging out for your report, and I loved reading it. Well done and congratulations!