October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld That is impressive skill/luck you have avoiding rain. I have run quite a few races (including two halfs) and had rain in all but a couple. I wish you could transfer me some of whatever that is!

So glad you beat that poor sport in the end. I suppose the fact he bet a half would be easy without training was a clue to his character though lol.

@mbaker566 Awesome run! And such a cute new puppy.

@AprilRN10 Congratulations on your new PR!

Good luck in your race today @BruinsGal_91 May the humidity stay low!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @workaholic_nurse Good for you! I need to figure something out for hills. I always feel them in the races because it is so flat where I live.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the group, particularly anyone who runs similar or higher miles than me (i.e. about 40-50 miles/week):

For the 2nd year in a row, my ALT/AST results have been very high. I asked my dr. and he wanted to do a re-test this year, which was done a month later with a different lab and they were even worse! I don't drink alcohol, but did when I was younger. I've had maybe a dozen drinks in the last few years.

After the 2nd test came back even higher, he just brushed it off as just high because I run so much. Does anyone else who runs that many miles see high ALT/AST results? If not, I need to be concerned.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Ouch! I hope that everything heals quickly!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the group, particularly anyone who runs similar or higher miles than me (i.e. about 40-50 miles/week):

For the 2nd year in a row, my ALT/AST results have been very high. I asked my dr. and he wanted to do a re-test this year, which was done a month later with a different lab and they were even worse! I don't drink alcohol, but did when I was younger. I've had maybe a dozen drinks in the last few years.

After the 2nd test came back even higher, he just brushed it off as just high because I run so much. Does anyone else who runs that many miles see high ALT/AST results? If not, I need to be concerned.

a google search seems to agree with the dr.
    someone even asked runners world
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

a google search seems to agree with the dr.
    someone even asked runners world

Yes, I found that it could be a cause of elevated results... but this is really high.

ETA: Did they really suggest not running for A WEEK?! I can't do that, so I guess I'll never get a good test result, then. :'(

I run those mileages but never heard of this test. So I am like useless to you. :lol:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Have a hida scan to rule out gallbladder. I wouldn't dismiss it. The liver is unhappy. I'd pursue other tests.

Good luck!

ETA... *Hangs head in disappointment over current physician's lack of concern*