Serial Starters

Replies

• dludwig122018
    dludwig122018 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm interested in joining the group. I've read some of the posts, and it sounds like I'm in the right place. I've lost weight, then gained it back... I know what to do, but I don't always do it. I definately need some support and encouragement.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Welcome Dludwig and Kevin - "joining" is stopping by and posting. Open board here.

Lana - I am wondering if you and I need to get pedometers and post our steps each day?

Off to work soon. :s
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, all! I am so glad you are here. You are the reason I log in every day. I may not comment much, but I think of you often.

Update on my new supplement, hormone, and diet routine: I feel great! I have not woken with a headache for the third day in a row. No pain reliever use since Friday.

Steadily dropping ounces each day. My energy level is moderate, but rising. I cannot stress enough--find a practitioner who will listen to you, perform extensive tests, and find the root cause of your problem, whatever that may be.

Don't remember the starting weight I previously posted, but September 30, I weighed 222.
    Happy to report, current weight 205.6. I am on track to sail past my goal of 190 by Christmas.

So as of today:

SW 222
    CW 205.6
    GW 190 by Thanksgiving
  • dludwig122018
    Hello everyone, I'm still new on MFP when it comes to using it for support and motivation, so I don't have any friends on here yet.

A little of my story... I'm happily married, 55, and looking for help to loose weight. I want to look and feel better. My CW is 210 lbs., and my goal weight is 165. I have a sedentary routine, and work mostly alone (home office, travel, hotels, more travel, etc). I don't want to join a gym, I've been there and don't use it, so I bought some home exercise equip instead.

Ok, long enough... anybody out there relate to this, or have some suggestions? And I'm open for friends, so feel free to send me an invite. Thanks for any help.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Was doing so well last week, then the weekend hit. Had a Halloween/birthday party/bonfire on Saturday. Sunday I paid the price for the extreme sangria. Ugh! The calories were horrible and the hangover on Sunday was horrid as well. Note to self: No alcohol at parties! Its not worth the calories or the chance of a hangover. I am way too old to be dealing with hangovers.

Fresh start this week. Plan to stay within calorie limits and walk/run as much as I can. There is a Jeep Jamboree this week so I will have to deal with lack of menu choices there but moderate my intake and bump up the walking during the trial rides. As long as its not raining, I usually get out and walk up the obstacles so I can take video and lots of photos of everyone coming up & over.

Still no heat in the office. I do have a space heater so at least I wont freeze to death. I hope the extra chill kicks up my metabolism a bit.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Welcome to Kevin and Dludwig!
    Hickchic - sangria - LOL but I won't laugh too loud in case hangover is still resonating :wink: I love love love Sangria. Great Halloween/bonfire drink!
    I did get to go to one of the two Brewer/Dodger games - GO BREW CREW! Drank beer, which I normally do not. Felt like crap the next day too and did not drink much - too expensive! Was a great time. So much excitement!
    Runa - great job on the race!
    Twiley - you are doing awesome. I too may have to do some googling.
    Lana - post Chinese weight loss - I hear you. I think i gain 5 lbs when I eat Chinese. Love it, but man that salt!
    TilliesMom - great job on the no chips. I love pretzels and dip- cheese dip or hummus. MMMMM. I try and keep them out of my house and work place!
    Happy Monday. Will have to choose between the Brewers and Packers tonight. Based on Packer's performance of late, choice might be easy. I would LOVE to go to a sports bar and watch both, but that would mean way too many calories drinken! No willpower!
    Cleaned out my garden this weekend and worked on my stone garden a bit this weekend. Will miss the fresh veggies from the garden. Will have to work harder at shopping for some during winter and not fall back into non vegetable routines.

Have a great Monday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Whee!! That time of the month found me. I am at that age where it strikes when it wants to....... such joy. May explain weight?? Taking no chances pounding the pavement anyway.
  • brennerjlb
    Whee!! That time of the month found me. I am at that age where it strikes when it wants to....... such joy. May explain weight?? Taking no chances pounding the pavement anyway.

That time of the month, semi month or even week all dependent on hormones - I hear you and feel your "pain" men have no clue (sorry men) the inconvenience we must go through! have a good walk!
  • dludwig122018
    Hmm... TMI. Maybe I'm in the wrong group, sorry, I'm just looking for support with weight loss?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    I'm interested in joining the group. I've read some of the posts, and it sounds like I'm in the right place. I've lost weight, then gained it back... I know what to do, but I don't always do it. I definately need some support and encouragement.

This is me! I do so well all day long and then evening snacking gets me! I have lost over 20 pounds twice before, this is my third go round and I'm determined to make it work this time. Some things I'm doing differently is taking it slower. It's frustrating, but I figure if I make small changes over a longer period maybe I won't give it up.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Happy Monday all! - Just stopping in to say Hi. Had a pretty quiet weekend all told. Have 25 snowmen almost all dressed, should have them finished tonight if all goes well. Craft fair is next weekend and Hubby hasn't burned one thing yet. I still need to paint and finish them when he is done with them. I am in great fear I won't have stock enough for a 3 day event.

The weather finally turned for a bit yesterday and i was able to get a walk outside! It was -8 when I woke up in the morning and when I went for my walk at 730 last night it was +8! This is my first outside walk since Sept 25th!

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    p5omasvhcwj1.jpg

Sara - I am same...I have items in my cart... just not quite sure if I'm ready to commit. My thoughts, if it's not there tonight, I didn't need it.
    Thanks for looking 😊
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2018
    Dawn I did take a look, and I hope your customers were able to make a great deal - but nothing there I "have to have". Thank you for letting me know and maybe next time!

Leftover cauliflower crust pizza for dinner and then dog walk and my longer walk.

Sleep will not be difficult tonight.

Wishing all a great night.

p.s just got done buying a new pedometer online- one that I can hopefully replace battery.....not sure about that- but I will keep track/ any tackers for step accountability?
  • arniedog74
    Sara - there was a few things I really loved. But, I really didn't have the money and knew I didn't need anything. Thank you for looking. I'll let you know if any more sales come up. Not one customer ordered. But, it's ok. The last couple months have been really good.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn - I looked at sale as well, but nothing that really called out to me. Keep us informed of sales though! Its appreciated.
    I have French Toast in the warmer right now and the house smells wonderful!! :)
  • arniedog74
    Kathy - thanks for looking! I did end up with 1 order. Well, it's still going on... so, never know... :)
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hi all! About to head to bed but wanted to check in first. Didn’t do the best this weekend, but I am determined to do well this week. Have some fun events and then work travel at the end, but trying to do my best with it all. Check in tomorrow! Night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

I am considering throwing the scale out the window - felt good to write that. Pedometer in the mail and will check out stationary bicycle at gym here. Anything more movement at the moment is a good thing.

Trying to use tea at end of day herbal or not - to stop the after dinner munchies. We shall see.

Kitten fest at work and it isnt even Halloween they just leave their brooms at home. "Kitten" is the word that censors on the board use in place of inappropriate words - so I just use it to start. Colonoscopy words got this started awhile back so it is a running "joke".
    1od2zwuu38u8.png

Kittens happy tuna dance (with Kittens spelled wrong)

Get a move on towards work. Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Good Tuesday morning.

0851 local time here. I had to cancel taking my son to tour a college, too rainy so we rescheduled for Monday. I'm getting excited again in doing all this as my oldest is 8 years older so it's been awhile.

I think he's finally getting excited as well, this senior year is moving right along.

Can't go outside to walk today due to the rain, I'm not a member of a gym yet but soon. Oh well, I'm somewhat glad, sounds bad I know.

Have a great day!
  • brennerjlb
    Hello!
    Tillies Mom - LOLOL. Kitten fest. At first I thought - really? work has a kitten fest? I will now see my workplace from a whole new perspective - a never ending Kitten fest! And I hope the virtual scale out the window helped. Sorry it is frustrating.
    Stewarm - Senior in HS. Enjoy the ride! Last year was the last one of mine in HS. Amazing really when I look back at it.
    dlludwig - I hope we did not scare you away.... we do support each other in weight loss, struggles and many other things that life throws our way. I have only been here a short time, but it is a pretty great bunch of people!
    Lurking from work.
    Lynn