Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

On Saturday I got in the other Stretchmax with the band. That one is a good one, and I should probably do it more often. No workout on Sunday, just to busy. I got my hair cut and colored by dd, and then some shopping. I have to admit that I went off the rotation! I received a nice Amazon gift card from work, we get these when we do something that someone considers outstanding. :) Well I always use these funds to purchase workouts, and I found one that I have been wanting for super cheap. I got JNL Fusion, and I did the first workout this morning. It is called Shoulder Shredder. This had 7 circuits, you do a weight exercise for 30 sec, and then 30 sec of cardio repeated 3 times. This one had 4 circuits of shoulder work and 3 circuits of triceps. The only problem with these workouts is that they don't have warm ups or stretching at the end, but they are only 30 min. I started with Kelly's Body Design warm up and then Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells. I had to modify some of the cardio, because I didn't want to do some of the moves with my knee. I burned 450 calories in total. B)

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, really does sound like some really good ones. I think that is why I like the new Kelly Stepboxing workout, it is fun. I do enjoy step, but it frustrates me when I can't pick up the steps. ;) We have been getting the bad frost also, but no snow unless you live up north. I'm okay with it staying up there. We moved in January once, and there was slush and snow. Talk about an awful time trying not to get things dirty in our new house. :D

Tami, I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great time with your friend. Nice that you are going to be seeing each other again. What would Bernie do with a new friend. Hope you had a good time with your spin class and the total body workout. Yes I have tried both workouts on the new DVD's, and I think that you will enjoy them also. You usually do the combined workout, the Stepboxing workout does have a Cardio & Dumbbell Interval premix that looks interesting too. Sounds like a good meal, and one that I know DH will eat. He actually likes squash.

Thelma, I'm glad to hear that your back on track. Having that worry off your mind has to be a relief. Great job on your workouts. Yay on going to look at homes in December! The axe throwing was okay, not something that I wanted to do. They group did have a good time though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Ladies! Well, as you can imagine, we had a pretty busy weekend getting ready for the movers to arrive a week from today. Then we were up before 3:00am to take DH to the airport for his trip this week. That felt very early this morning. But after I got home, I did my workout. And now I am preparing for a day of packing up stuff. I hate how movers throw clothes into boxes, often with whatever they can find around them, like lamps and shoes. :# So I have taken to putting all our clothes into vacuum pack bags for the move. It is amazing how much clothing you realize you have when you do this. :o But that is one of the things on my agenda for today.

Anyhow, my workouts this weekend were good. Saturday I did another new-to-me Cathe Live call HiiT Fit Circuit. It was five pretty tough cardio and weight circuits followed by 15 minutes of barre. I followed it with Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Pilates and Yoga Fusion. Yesterday was LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Fitness Fusion. And today was LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps and RWH Core 2 followed by Cathe Live Rock It Sock It Live.

Tami, I am so glad you had a nice visit with your friend. I hope you can do that again soon. Yes, it looks like everything is lining up on our house very nicely right now (knock on wood!). It is so exciting to think that in a little less than four weeks, if all goes well, we will have a new home. Both DH and I are so excited we can hardly sit still and wait for the actual move to occur. Quite a different atmosphere around the house than there was before our move up here. :p

Thelma, I am sorry your back is still bothering you. I think you are doing the right thing by taking it slow and light right now. I hope that isolated leg/glute pain goes away soon. That is not an easy area to stretch effectively. So glad you feel you have breathing room right now and are back to purging and planning. Have all my fingers crossed that that was just a bump in the road on your way to your dream home.

Laurie, glad you survived the axe throwing. :) I don’t blame you for not wanting to do that. Sometimes going off the rotation is a good thing.....and that sounds like a great workout you did this morning. I wish there were more options of cardio and upper body isolation workouts. Definitely like the sound of that one. Still no snow forecasted for here at all. I also saw today that it is supposed to be warmer than usual across the northern sections of the US in November, so I am hoping this October burst of winter in places will be autumn next month....and we will have smooth sailings to Alabama. We have decided to come down through Montana and South Dakota instead of North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin, which is how we came up. I will miss the beautiful scenery in Wisconsin, that’s for sure. But this route has us on a busier road leaving Canada and we thought that a bit better this time of year.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Well Friday did not work out as I had planned to go to Spinning. Our customer service gal kind of put me on the spot to help some walk in customers with notarizing some documents. Took way longer than normal so I missed my Spin class. Headed home and took Bernie on a short walk (no limping, so that was great) and then picked up a little bit; knowing the weekend was going to be in and out. Went by very fast that is forsure. Saturday I met my friend and her daughter for a quick coffee and then I went and picked up Bernie so he could come to work with me for a few hours. Then off to run a couple grocery errands and home. Yesterday I did Lean Legs & Abs which was great! I have not done this workout in a very long time and it is funny how sometimes when you re-visit one down the road how much you like it. I did the whole workout + Barre Bonus. Then off to volleyball. Our first 3 games were a forfeit because the other team did not show up so we sat around for an hour until the 2nd match and we won 1 out of 3 games. We played so well in the first game and the 2nd game was close but no go. Oh well, always just for fun and it was great to see the ladies. BootCamp will be my workout after work tonight! DH comes home either this evening or tomorrow sometime 😊 YAY. I will be very glad to have him home. My a.m. days of hitting the "snooze" because I know I can do my workout after work (house to myself) instead are over so I need to get myself UP and out of bed. :):#

Thelma: Sounds like the back is loosening up a little bit and glad to hear you got ion some workouts. That is great news Thelma that things are safe now. Must be a relief for you.

Laurie: Way to go with Stretchmax w/ band, I do enjoy that one. . . short and sweet. Sounds like a fun weekend with the hair and shopping. Always a great “girl time” ~ congrats first of all on the “Outstanding Work” gift card. I bet that feels nice. Yay on purchasing workouts with it! That sounds like the perfect time frame and great descriptions! What a calorie burn as well. Bernie would love to visit with a friend … which is why it would be super fun to bring him over to her house next time. She is such a dog lover and her Charlie is such a mellow dog. Bernie would probably race around for a few minutes and then settle right down. He is pretty mellow these days himself.

Laurel: Sounds like you are coming along nicely with the pre-packing as much as you can. WOW a week from today! So exciting and I am sure stressful as well but your motivation to get to that new house probably conquers all of the tireds and stress. LOL Great job continuing to get in your workouts as well. WOWSA what combos you did and continue to keep up with. You are truly a STAR. I am excited to see her again when she returns in December forsure.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, my back is MUCH better! Thank God! All the stretching I did over the weekend helped tremendously. Tonight I did XT Tri's & Bi's, JS interval training, stretch.

Laurie, great workouts and congrats on getting the Amazon card! We have something called 'You answered' award which is the same concept. One year I was asked to work on a special project and the VP gave me a $500 card! I bought a set of Calphalon cookware with that money.
    I very relieved about having that worry off my mind. I am excited again about going to GA in December.

Laurel, you sure have quite a busy week ahead of you! Great idea to use space bags for your clothes!! I might do that too. I will need a lot of those giant bags. I bought some years ago but they didn't work. I must've gotten defective bags.
    The isolated leg/glute pain is still there it's much better. I am excited again about our move next year. I need to continue with the purging process even if a little-at-a-time. I really hope the news I got a few weeks ago was just a bump in the road to prevent us from rushing into buying a house. Other houses we like have been listed since we canceled our contract and we are excited to see them in December if still available.
    I am so happy this move is an exciting one for both you and your DH!

Tami, sounds like you had a good weekend! So glad Bernie had a good walk and that your DH will be home soon!
    Great job with your workout and Volleyball! You ladies are great!

Both DH and I are soooo relieved things being safe now. My back is definitely a lot better. Last week I couldn't even stand straight and now I am walking normally and fast. Almost back to normal!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was a Jessica Smith 10 Min. Walking workout that included lower body moves. I then did the JNL Fusion Lower Body, and then a JS 10 Min. Stretch. Same concept as the previous JNL workout 30 sec weight work, 30 sec. cardio. I like that the cardio targets the same muscle as the one worked. The first move was a forward lunge, and then plyo lunges. Have a bit of shoulder DOMS, but I think that I can go heavier next time I try these exercises. Don't want to be obnoxious but GO BREWERS! <3

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and getting started on the packing. Can't believe that it is only a week away from them coming to pack your belongings. I love that you are putting your clothes in those bags, what a great idea. You would have gotten some really good colors coming through southern WI this time of the year, but I agree with you on being on busier roads at this time of the year. That trip through Canada could be the difficult part of your journey.

Tami, I was wondering if you where going to have volleyball games on Sunday. Dang on the other team not showing up, but you got a win so that is a bonus. Dang on the spin class, but I'm sure that Bernie was happy that he got to go for a walk. Love that you enjoyed a workout that you haven't done in a while, I think that is one of the things that I liked about doing the Combat workout last week. You are getting all the friends covered in these last few days. We are going out with our friends on Friday. On our walk this morning it is so dark, and we didn't even realize that someone was walking their dog. Rocket didn't even seem to notice, or I think he was ignoring them. He was off leash and just kept walking toward home.

Thelma, I'm very glad to hear that your stretching helped your back. Great job on the workout, I'm sure it will feel good to get back into a routine. Yep that is like our award program, I usually get something once a year. I tend to save the company large amounts of money with my job. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well, it is getting harder and harder to motivate myself to workout. But I don’t think that has anything to do with the move. The sun not coming up until after 9:00am, though......so glad to be moving south, that’s for sure. If we were staying, I would be wondering how I was going to combat the inertia for the next four months! But at least I have this move to motivate me, so I ended up with a good workout today despite the ‘I don’t want too!’ attitude I woke up with. B) I did another new-to-me Cathe Live workout called Long and Strong Legs. This is the only Live workout Cathe has taped without a class. It was amazing to me how she managed to keep up the energy without a class to feed off of. It was a really good, tough workout of 30 minutes weighted work and 20 minutes barre. I followed it with Cathe Live Cycle Mania.

Tami, sorry to hear about the change in plans for the spinning class, but I bet Bernie enjoyed his walk with you. Sounds like a busy weekend, though. I am sure you will be glad to have your DH home. I hope this last week out has been worth his time after having to initially cancel it. Glad you enjoyed the Lean Legs and Abs workout. What you described is one of the reasons why I have a tendency to hold on to workouts even if I don’t enjoy them initially. There are so many I have revisited, sometimes years later, and really enjoyed.

Thelma, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Great workout!! Just a thought on moving....before you pack all your clothes out of dressers and such, make sure the packers want the drawers empty. We have had some moves where they let us keep the stuff in drawers and others where they don’t. And, honestly, I can’t figure out the reasoning on any of it. So just a thought to ask first. But I am happy to hear you are back to getting ready for your move and all is moving forward. Like I said before, I am a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it is difficult to find the reason, but I think there is always a reason. :)

Laurie, sounds like another great workout. I was surprised you said we might have gotten great fall colors in WI coming through in a few weeks. I guess I thought all the leaves would already be gone by then. We have been leaf-less for a few weeks now. But you have given me hope that we may still see some great colors in Tennessee and then where we are at in Alabama. I love the idea of enjoying another autumn this year. :) And, yes, go Brewers! Can’t say the Dodgers are my favorite team, that’s for sure. :# So I am definitely hoping the Brewers take this series.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my back is still feeling pretty good. Tonight I only had time for some JS cardio and stretching.

Laurie, great workout combo today! I'm not into sports but GO BREWERS! :D
    Your company should give you an award every month for saving them money!!

Laurel, great job motivating yourself into working out! That Cathe Live workout sounds wonderful!
    Thanks for letting me know about some movers allowing people to leave clothes in drawers! I am also a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am really excited about moving. The house won't go up for sale until April so we'll be lucky if we move around June/July.

Hi Tami, I hope your DH is back home!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I'm still waiting for that Brewer win, I had to go to sleep last night in the 7th inning. I had this feeling that it was going to be a long one. Hopefully we win the next two. Anyway this morning I did GHUTV No Running Cardio for a warm up, JNL Fusion TKO Fat Blast and then I did GHUTV Total Body Stretch. This workout was a good one, with a boxing move and then cardio again 30/30.

Laurel, Love the workouts, and of course your one on one with Cathe. ;) That is the way that Kelly's RAW workouts are, just her. There are some that she has with another person, but the majority are just her. The total fall colors are in the middle of the state right now, and we have about half color. I think that you just might have some fall colors to see. ;) I have absolutely no love for the Dodgers, they just play dirty and are hot heads.

Thelma, You got in a workout so that is a bonus. LOL, I wish that I would get bonuses all the time, but I guess they figure that is part of my job. I enjoy getting these every once in a while, they also look good on my year end review.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with a total body workout from Cathe Live called Pump Party. I had done this one before but it didn’t leave much of an impression. But today it did! It is a really good workout, kind of along the lines of High Reps. For cardio, I tried another Cathe Live I have been repeatedly skipping over for no reason. This was 2014 Road Trip All Step. This was a step blast workout, so no choreography outside of the warm up. And it was tough! I was surprised how tough it was since it was a road trip workout. I will definitely reach for this one again when I want a shortish, tough no choreography step workout.

Thelma, glad your back is still feeling better. I will have my fingers crossed your house sells quickly. But these next several months will hopefully fly by as you continue looking for a new home and doing all the prep for it. It is an exciting time for you, that’s for sure.

Laurie, I was sorry to see the Brewers not win as well. I really hope they can pull this series out. I decided I didn’t like the Dodgers when we were actually living in LA! B) But I didn’t like them for all the reasons you describe. Anyhow, I really like the sounds of these JNL workouts you are doing. It sounds like you never do anything too long so the boredom factor probably doesn’t kick in at all. I like workouts like that. It’s funny you mentioned the Kelly RAW workouts in comparison to Cathe’s lone solo class, because I was thinking about that as I was doing that workout yesterday. My one frustration with the Live workouts is when the camera focuses too much on the class and not on Cathe, especially when she is giving form pointers. One-on-one doesn’t allow for that, which is good.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all yesterday! So lets see I went home on Monday actually since it was my LAST at home “evening” workout I could do for a while and did XT Chest/Back/Shoulders, such a great workout. Yesterday was XT Legs and then I headed home in the eve so I could see DH at a normal time vs. racing in from the gym. No workout this am. …. As you ladies are familiar with hearing, when DH returns the sleeping factor gets a little tougher for me for a while. He came to bed a lot later than me due to being wound up from his day of packing up and leaving/excited to just be home and I woke up PLUS his alarm went off full volume at 3 AM. Yikes. But I will head to Spinning after work so that will be something.

Thelma: Glad to hear your back is doing better. Keeping everything crossed and sending good wishes that your house will sell fast! Very exciting for you both. Good job getting in your workouts too, I am sure it feels great.

Laurie: Sounds like you are getting in some nice combos that you are enjoying a lot! Your new ones, that is so fun how you achieved those. DH and I are rooting for your Brewers as well! He cannot stand the Dodgers (lol) and since the Yankees aren’t there he has to root for someone. Yes, as you and Laurel both mentioned that is exactly why we do hang on to these workouts. Some how they can come back around and be a favorite! We have had dark, cold and very foggy mornings so far this week. FALL is absolutely here. Beautiful days though, so I love that.

Laurel: Fabulous workouts! I am always wondering what workout you did following “I didn’t feel like working out mode” because it is still a killer combo. Way to go. Sounds like another great workout today. I wondered when you ladies have talked about the LIVE class formats if the camera is on the instructor (like our DVD’s) or not. Sounds like for the majority it is but sometimes pans to the class then?

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my back started acting up today again. It was a very sedentary day at work. Not good. So tonight I did a JS dance and stretch fusion workout. It was pretty good and funny at the end when Jessica went on the floor and Peanut was all over her upper body trying to give her a bath! LOL. You can hear Jessica say: "Peanut! Not my armpits!!" LOL
    I followed the stretch workout with a lacrosse ball massage and more stretching. So things feel better. I was afraid to do legs tonight because I didn't want things to get tighter than they already were.

Laurie, I hope your team wins the next two games! Great workouts! Getting those bonuses tells you that someone appreciates your hard work.

Laurel, another great combo! Glad you enjoyed it!
    I hope my back feels better tomorrow. I have to force myself to get up and walk around more often but sometimes there is just no time.
    I hope our house sells quickly. As DH says it's all about pricing it right. There have been at least 5 houses for sale in my block this year and 4 of them in the last two months. They all sold pretty quickly. I hope we have the same luck.

Tami, glad your DH is back home but OMG with the sleeping situation! You must be exhausted! Good for you for getting those workouts in!
    Thanks for sending those good wishes so that our house sells quickly our way!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really good workout this morning, I'm enjoying these JNL workouts even though they don't have a warm up/cool down. I started out with KCM Strength & Stamina Bonus Step then into JNL Bicep Builder. This one was 3 circuits of biceps and then 3 chest. Now the chest work was all push ups, but it was so doable because it was for 30 sec at a time. A couple of caveats that I put on these workouts, Jennifer talks alot. If you are okay with Jillian, then you wouldn't have a problem with these. I'm always able to tune people out, so really have never had a problem with instructors like this. She also takes time to bring people up to the front. I'm okay with that also, it gives me a little break to catch my breath. Each workout has the option of music louder too. :D So far these workouts are great for add-ons.

Yesterdays Brewer game was a little disappointing, but they are headed home, so I hope that the fans can give them the boost to win two more.

Laurel, Wow sounds like you picked some really good workouts. So the step workout was Imax minus the choreographed step portion? I purchased the JNL set on Amazon, they have two different ones. The Basic is $15 and has 10 workouts. The complete systems is around $25 and that comes with 12 workouts and the speed rope. I ordered the complete, the speed rope is actually nice to use for jumping rope. She only uses it for one cardio circuit in each workout that I have done so far. You are right it is good for the boredom factor, since you are moving on after doing 3 rounds in each circuit. You can go heavy on the weight also, because she doesn't do any combinations, and you can go at your pace. The guy that she has doing the advanced is using heavy weights, and does move slower than everyone using lighter. Both options come with the tape measure also. :D I have so many tape measures it is getting crazy.

Tami, Great job on the workouts! Those guys and their snoring. ;) My boss said that his wife was sleeping on the couch one morning, and he found out that he snores. I told him that she needs to wear ear plugs at night. I don't have to many problems with DH's snoring anymore since I started wearing them. :D I'm glad to hear that your DH is rooting for the Brewers, I'm hoping they beat LA, but our bats where pretty silent the last two games. :(

Thelma, Good job with the workout, and getting things all stretched out. LOL about Peanut that is great. I have only had Rocket lick my face when I'm on the floor. We have about the same amount of houses for sale in our subdivision, and personally I think some of them are over priced for what you get. I hope that yours sells quickly.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did a fun combo of workouts today. I combined Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing and Cathe Live Kickboxing and Barre. It ended up being one hour of kickboxing cardio, 20 minutes of barre and 10 minutes of abs. Good stuff!

Tami, I am glad your DH made it home safely, but totally understand about the sleeping issues. It always takes me a couple of nights to adjust to my DH being gone when he leaves and the same when he returns. And that makes weeks like this one where he is only gone for four nights pretty sleepless for me. :o Cathe has about three camera people for her live classes, so there is a lot of focus on the class at times. I don’t mind it too much except when Cathe is changing moves or doing form pointers and the camera is elsewhere. But I also enjoy the class because they are real people who sometimes struggle through these workouts, and I find that reassuring. Today, for instance, I caught the tale end of her Live class when I got up, and even though I wasn’t doing the workout (was previewing it for maybe doing next week), I could tell the core work was killer. And sure enough towards the end, members of her class were either just lying flat on the floor or sitting up and staring at Cathe like she had lost her marbles! So that had me laughing.....and hoping I have time to fit this workout in on Monday before the movers come. :D

Thelma, sorry to hear your back is bothering you again. But good choice on a workout. Peanut just cracks me up. I do miss her from Jessica’s DVD workouts, that’s for sure. One of the things we learned in this last house search that pricing is key, but presentation is also very important. For instance, DH and I are not pet owners because DH is horribly allergic to cats in particular and to some dogs as well. On one day when DH was meeting his new boss, the realtor and I went to go see a house—which was beautiful. But we were greeted by three cats on the kitchen counters when we walked in. If DH had been there, we would have had to leave. I know you have cats, so it is something to consider when showing your home. And there were other things like general cleanliness and such that really stand out when looking at homes. Hopefully your realtor will give you some good suggestions for how to best show your house.

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. And they are incredibly reasonably priced! I really like they can be used with either heavy or lighter weight. I was upset when I saw the Brewers lost last night. I am so hoping being back home will be what they need to get these next wins.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a great Spin class last night. It was not completely full but it was a good, tough class. Katy is fighting a hamstring injury so she had to go slower than normal but still always provides a great class. This a.m. I fought to get up but I did and did XT Bis/Tris. No workout tonight.

Thelma: Sorry to hear your back is acting up again. Good job getting in a little JS dance and stretching. I hope today your are feeling some relief and it isn’t worse. Yes, it is definitely exhausting for a while when he comes home. Just getting used to the “difference” again. LOL

Laurie: YAY on liking those workouts so much (again) sounds like there hasn’t been one you didn’t enjoy yet. I wouldn’t mind all the talking I don’t think either. Keep giving us reviews …. Sounds like a great one. I love how you mentioned the tape measure. I have several of those as well. Hopefully the Brewers will do good at home! DH does not want to see 2 teams he can’t stand face off in the World Series! LOL

Laurel: That does sound like a fun combo! Way to go. I am hoping to one day partake in one of those LIVE classes. DH and I were visiting about getting a new TV soon, so if it is a SMART TV I could try this out someday! Love how the ladies were flat on the floor and/or looking at Cathe. Hopefully I will be used to DH being home and the sleep very soon. I will remind him tonight to turn OFF his 3 AM loud car horn alarm.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, looooog day at work. I only had time for a little cardio so I could stretch my back. My work life is about to get busier. I just lost one of my testers to another project and he is one of my best guys. Not good.

Laurie, great job with those workouts!
    Peanut was really distracting but since I love animals I had a good laugh. She would not stop licking Jessica! LOL
    I hope our house sells quickly too.

Laurel, those workouts sound wonderful!!! Do you use your DVDs much since you started doing Cathe Live?
    I have thought about the cats when the house is being shown and if I'm home I am hoping I can take them in the car but I do want to disclose to a realtor that we have cats in case someone is allergic. Our cats wouldn't be on the kitchen counters but they may be on a window perch sleeping. They sleep all day and when they are afraid they hide. I would imagine that they would hide from strangers in the house.
    Our cleaning lady loves cleaning our house because it is easy to clean given that we don't make a mess or get the house dirty. I also clean up in between so it's not bad. Our issue is that we have too much furniture. We'll have to get rid of some things. Some furniture my BIL's will take. Other stuff that we want to keep we may either put in storage. We're hoping to have our retirement home before this one goes up for sale so we can move our extra furniture to the new house.

Tami, great job with those workouts! I hope you're able to adjust to your 'white noise' machine soon! LOL
    My back was definitely better. I know that my body needs gentle cardio and lots of stretching these days. I am so exhausted and if I lift weights I have to reduce the weight a little.

Good night ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was KCM Lean Body Circuits Boxing Premix and JNL Fusion Lean Legs. This JNL workout wasn't as intense as the other ones this week, but it was all concentration on the legs/glutes. Again it was 6 circuits, 3 rounds for 30/30.

While I was walking into the building this morning I could see Miller Park (I work about a mile away from the baseball park), and the roof was open and the lights where on. :) We are going out to eat with our friends, but it is at a place that will have the game on. ;)

Some not so good news, DH's Dad was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and it is aggressive. The boys are going to tell his mom today, and this isn't going to be good. She has this guilt thing going on right now. One comment yesterday was that she was murdering him. I don't think there is a day that DH isn't yelling at his mother, and he doesn't yell or argue with people. I feel so bad for him. I understand that this is hard to deal with, but don't take it out on your sons.

Laurel, Now those workouts sound awesome! I just love the sound of kickboxing and barre. Is the barre work like what she did in Kickmax at the end of the workout? Cathe class participants are doing the same thing that I do on tough core work it seems. :D Sometimes you just can't do one more, but these instructors are going like energizer bunnies.

Tami, Great job on the workout and your spin class. Sorry to hear that Katy is injured, but can still give you all a good workout. Sometimes it is so hard to get motivated in the mornings. LOL about your DH and the world series. There was a head honcho from the Marlins that let slip that MLB doesn't want the Brewers in the world series, because we are not a huge market. I know that I will not be watching if the Red Sox and LA are playing.

Thelma, Dang on you losing a person for your project, that has to be tough. The neighbors that we have across the street just put up the sign for accepted offer yesterday. I'm glad for them, and hopefully a younger family is moving in. That's what I need a cleaning lady. ;)

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout, I started with Fit/Split Push Day. When it came to those front squats, my legs were screaming from the barre work yesterday. So something must be working right now! For cardio, I did a fun one....Cathe Live Cardio Core Blast.

Tami, sounds like a good spin class even if Katy is injured. Hopefully she heals up soon. I think you would enjoy some of these Cathe Live classes. There is so much variety, it is hard to get bored. Hope you didn’t have another 3:00am wake up alarm!

Thelma, sorry to hear things are getting busier at work. Glad you are taking the time to stretch your back, though. I go through stages where sometimes I do DVDs more than Cathe Live, and times (like right now) where I do more of the Cathe Live workouts. I have a tendency to go for the Live workouts when I start getting more crunched with time, especially for cardio. She has some really good cardio workouts for 35-45 minutes, which is a great length for me. Cathe’s cardio DVDs seem to be either on the too short side (20-30 minutes) or over 45 minutes. I still prefer Cathe’s DVDs for upper body strength work, especially heavy upper body strength. But she does have some fantastic Live lower body workouts that I think are far better than some of her DVDs.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about your FIL. Your DH must be at the end of his rope right now with all that has happened with his parents recently. I am sorry to hear his mom is taking her guilt out on them. This is going to be tough on all of them, that’s for sure. Sounds like another good workout. The barre work in the workout I did on Saturday did remind me of Kick Max. Yesterday’s reminded me more of parts of a Turbo Barre. It was actually kind of brutal. :) She got a lot in for 20 minutes. And I forgot to answer your question about the step workout from day before yesterday. It was very much like an IMAX without the choreography. It reminded me of Fit Split Shred Cardio, though not quite as intense with the moves....but longer. Good stuff. And go Brewers! Add me to the list of not wanting a Red Sox v Dodgers World Series. I have no interest in that at all.

I will check in as often as I can over the next few weeks. The movers will be here Monday, but who knows what time they will show. I could have all the time in the world.....or be running around like a crazy person. But, again, I will check in when I can as we start making our way back south. This move can’t come soon enough!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Have a great weekend ladies! I will check in with you on Monday :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. My back is doing better. On Friday I did XT Legs and walked on the treadmill. On Saturday I did Leslie Sansone walking cardio and lots of stretching. Tonight XT Chest, Back & Shoulders and Leslie Sansone cardio followed by stretching.

Laurie, great job with your workouts!
    I'm so sorry about your FIL's health! Your poor DH must be going crazy trying to help his mom. I'm sure she won't take the news about her husband well. I hope she is able to understand that she is not murdering him.
    I hope you get great new neighbors! A cleaning lady is a luxury but with us working such crazy schedules that we can't clean the house ourselves. Once I retire I will become the cleaning lady! LOL.

It's really hard to be short staffed at work. I will get a consultant but we have to find this person first.

Laurel, wonderful workouts and great news about the Barre work doing something for your legs!
    Those Live workouts sound like so much fun that I would like to subscribe when I retire.
    I hope your trip down south goes well Laurel. I hope you have a safe trip. We can't wait to read all about your trip!!

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

On Saturday I did 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga. I took a day of rest yesterday, it was a cleaning and outdoor day for us. I still have more of the JNL workouts to try, but my knee was acting up so I may need to slow down on those, they are like the Jillian workouts for my knee. :( So I tried out a new RAW workout called Cardio Overload vs 1. In this one Kelly uses a weighted vest, and does low impact moves. At the end she put in some core/chest moves. Doing push ups with a weighted vest is difficult, but I did it on my knees of course. Overall a really good workout that I will do again. I then plugged in a Michelle Dozois Next Moves Cardio Core, this one is all standing core work. Nothing hi impact, so a good compliment to the RAW workout.

My MIL is doing okay with the news, only because DH and his brother explained that there was nothing that could have prevented this. They are not going to pursue further treatment, since he is 89 years old. He will be under hospice care, and they will make him as comfortable as possible.

Laurel, Great workouts, the leg workout really sounds tough after all the leg work you have done this week. I'm a little bummed about the Brewers, but they had a great season, so they don't have any reason to hang their heads. I'm looking forward to next season already. :D I hope that you have an uneventful moving process.

Tami, Hi back at you.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and your treadmill walk. I'm so glad to hear that you back is feeling so much better. I hope that your week is a good one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie