October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Good luck @7lenny7 ! Enjoy the down time. Like Gary said, its sure to go by quickly with the holidays.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hey all.

@eleanorhawkins Well I finally got wet. And I don't mean a gentle tickle of rain at the beginning or end of my run, I mean the concrete was dry when I started, by 0.5k I was soaked through, by 3k there were ankle deep puddles, and I would know because I think i found them all. And of course it stopped raining as soon as I finished. It was glorious!

Today was a 5k fast run before my long run tomorrow. I discovered my high vis vest weighs a tonn when it gets wet. I was struggling at 4k. Managed to drop it on my drive st 4.5 and finished strong. I loved it! The visor worked great to keep most of the rain off my face.

3 weeks tomorrow till the day. I'm getting so excited!

WWYD: race is a one way course. The race starts at 7:30am. There is parking at the finish line, and busses to the start. Runners have to catch the bus no later than 6:20. It's about 1.5hr drive for me from home so will have to get up about 430am to leave by 4:50 so I have plenty of time to park, find bus etc (I'll have the bib in the next week or so).

Option 2: Park at the start line, so don't have to go till about 6:00am at latest. The organiser strongly discourages this as there is limited parking, but since I'm up at 5am to eat anyway it seems like a good choice. I'll get there nice and early to get a park. And Hubby is coming to meet me at the finish line, so he will have post race essentials and can take me back to the car when we are ready to leave.

Option 3: my boss lives over there, and he will be doing the run too. He's offered that I can stay at his place. (this is not weird, it's a really small rural community, I'm friends with both him and his wife, we are strava friends etc). But I don't know where I'll be sleeping. If I stay home, it's in my own bet etc. I need to get up early anyway to eat breakfast before the race.

Would you stay home and park at the start line? Take the bus? Or stay st boss' home?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @avidkeo How about have your husband drop you off at the start and then meet you at the finish? :)

Would be good except that leaves him with a 4yr old and a 2yr old to entertain for 2hrs. In a place where there aren't a lot of kid stuff Who aren't even usually up at that time of day. He's planning on bringing them over in time for me to cross the finish (he better be there in time!)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    almost done with the car stuff
    but got a funk. it's a sturdy funk.
    Keeping all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) inside ride at all times.

@7lenny7 good luck

Feeling much the same. Haven't run all week but still planning to do my 11 miles this weekend. Half is 17 days away.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MegaMooseEsq, @rheddmobile and @shanaber for your good wishes and excitement for my marathon. Starting to pack my bags and get all my gear together.

Good luck! Looking forward to reading your race recap!!

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Avidkeo - Rain Run!! YAY! If that is not an option four your husband to drop you off than I would go with option 2 and sleep in your own bed.

Definitely sleep in your own bed. What about Urber or Lift to the starting line? Then have husband pick you up at the finish?