October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    ACK! What a rough time you have had @marisap2010 ! Glad you are mostly alright after that trailer strike!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 sorry to hear about the accident, and hope you and your pup both are feeling better soon!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins; We have snow in the forecast - which at this time of year can be anything from big fluffy flakes gently floating down or a blizzard with a 20-50km/hr wind and Horizontal Snow.
    Home made Canadian Halloween costumes are designed with expandable sides to fit over a snow suit/parka.

These Last Person Standing Events how do they ever manage to keep volunteers around for that long.
    From setup to teardown our Triathlon was 7hrs, after 6 hrs I was done.

@RunsOnEspresso Nice Cross training, now picture yourself running through the area, just saying - enabling??

@katharmonic: Now That's a big blister.

@7lenny7 Halloween Ready with your new peg leg - @MobyCarp beat meet to the parrot comment - The poor hound he doesn't look happy - missing his outdoor adventures.

@marisap2010 ! Wow you are lucky to have so few injuries after a run away trailer. That's why I feel people should be required to take a test for Trailers and large RV's with a T or RvA added to drivers license code. My co-workers respond to at least 1 Lost Trailer accident per month. Usually people have the wrong size hitch on there vehicle, no safety chains or a bad hitch pin so they stick a cheap bolt in - which shears off.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I do not think they offer Goofix here in USA :(
    @PastorVincent No, I guess not, but you have other brands. I saw this on amazon : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010OVC28W . No idea how "heavy duty" it is, but at least they claim it works as a "tough, waterproof, protective cover".

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins; We have snow in the forecast - which at this time of year can be anything from big fluffy flakes gently floating down or a blizzard with a 20-50km/hr wind and Horizontal Snow.
    Home made Canadian Halloween costumes are designed with expandable sides to fit over a snow suit/parka.

These Last Person Standing Events how do they ever manage to keep volunteers around for that long.
    From setup to teardown our Triathlon was 7hrs, after 6 hrs I was done.

@RunsOnEspresso Nice Cross training, now picture yourself running through the area, just saying - enabling??

@katharmonic: Now That's a big blister.

@7lenny7 Halloween Ready with your new peg leg - @MobyCarp beat meet to the parrot comment - The poor hound he doesn't look happy - missing his outdoor adventures.

@marisap2010 ! Wow you are lucky to have so few injuries after a run away trailer. That's why I feel people should be required to take a test for Trailers and large RV's with a T or RvA added to drivers license code. My co-workers respond to at least 1 Lost Trailer accident per month. Usually people have the wrong size hitch on there vehicle, no safety chains or a bad hitch pin so they stick a cheap bolt in - which shears off.

I would run the downhills amd flat sections but DH does not run. We do a pretty fast clip though. We tend to pass a lot of people. Lol
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bubblegum2fitness!

@marisap2010 I'm so glad you are ok. That had to be really scary! I hope your pup is feeling better too!
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman and @kgirlhart Thank you.

@Elise4270 Thanks! If you like horror and/or zombies, and you run with your phone (or maybe an apple watch, I don't have one so I don't know how the apple watch app works) you might like Zombies, run! It's an interactive podcast you listen to while walking or running. You pick up supplies to build a base during the zombie apocalypse. It's set in the UK, and the story is great. There is an optional premium membership but I don't remember how much it costs (something like $5 a month or $30 a year? For no ads, unlimited missions, interval training and airdrop modes, and more. It also occasionally goes on sale.)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 wrote: »
    @alphahowls I say it every month. Wow, unbelievable, inspiring, crazy, super-human! :o<3
    Thank you!

*dew claws up*