What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    We are living in an absolute craphole while our house is being rebuilt. I feel like I’ve tried to make the best of it but the house I thought would be done by thanksgiving might take until the end of January. I’m super discouraged and frustrated, which just makes me feel like i must look really ungrateful. Everyone says “you must be so excited to get a brand new house!” Excited isn’t really the word. Of course i will be happy to be there and I’m sure I’ll look back at this year and be thankful that it turned out the way it did, but I’m really tired of feeling homeless. I want my kids to have their toys and belongings back but we don’t have room. I want a sense of home and security again. I don’t want to panic at every strange smell and sound. Somehow i know moving in won’t magically cure all these things but at least it’ll enable us to close the book on this whole experience and start to move past it. Living in our apartment is just a constant reminder of how we ended up there in the first place.

And i selfishly wanted to enjoy the holidays in our new space.

Blah. Thanks for listening.

Completely understandable! I would be frustrated and anxious as well. January will be here before you know it. Maybe think of something new to do for Thanksgiving/Christmas this year. IDK what but if I come up with something, I will tell you. LOL
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    feeling so down, things better get changed, not that I can do anything about it, even if it doesn't though!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    We are living in an absolute craphole while our house is being rebuilt. I feel like I’ve tried to make the best of it but the house I thought would be done by thanksgiving might take until the end of January. I’m super discouraged and frustrated, which just makes me feel like i must look really ungrateful. Everyone says “you must be so excited to get a brand new house!” Excited isn’t really the word. Of course i will be happy to be there and I’m sure I’ll look back at this year and be thankful that it turned out the way it did, but I’m really tired of feeling homeless. I want my kids to have their toys and belongings back but we don’t have room. I want a sense of home and security again. I don’t want to panic at every strange smell and sound. Somehow i know moving in won’t magically cure all these things but at least it’ll enable us to close the book on this whole experience and start to move past it. Living in our apartment is just a constant reminder of how we ended up there in the first place.

It's difficult to stay peppy, despite the likely move-in January date. Wanting to be in your new home by Thanksgiving isn't a selfish ask, nor was it an imperceptive expectation ... It was the glue that allowed you to tolerate the temp space all this time.

I for one loathe living in other peoples idea of their perfect space. Security is voided in temporary spaces. Your rant holds a lot of merit.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    People certainly let what is popular or easily accessible dictate their decisions over what is right and takes work to attain.

• kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @leut_underpants has nice hands.

is this a werid thing to say?

probably.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I want my Explorer back. I hope they finish it today. At first it was fun driving the 6 speed manual turbo that I am stuck with but I have discovered that I am a lazy driver and I am really tired of shifting in stop and go traffic.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

probably.

@Avocado_AS5 might have input here

I didn't wanna mention this but I feel like I need to:

Your username has always made me think of captain underpants and now that your profile photo is you actually in your underpants you're reminding me of it even more

I share this exact sentiment.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    so I just discovered that my computer folds back to become a tablet but when i fold it back and need to type a keyboard doesn't come up what.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    so I just discovered that my computer folds back to become a tablet but when i fold it back and need to type a keyboard doesn't come up what.

Is it set to automatic?

Reboot. Skim over to Services/settings. >>Touch Keyboard and Handwriting service is set to Automatic.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    i got it figured out
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

Hey I love you. I'm sorry you're going through this. You're such a strong person and I'm so proud of the way have handled this year. Keep your chin up dear.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    ortuswds5jwm.jpg
    The wife of the recipient of my daughter's lungs messaged me last night, asking if it was ok if her and her family got arrow tattoos in honor of Hayleigh.

<3<3<3 HUGS
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options
    ortuswds5jwm.jpg
    The wife of the recipient of my daughter's lungs messaged me last night, asking if it was ok if her and her family got arrow tattoos in honor of Hayleigh.

Did you say yes???
    ortuswds5jwm.jpg

Awww TJ ... Was it something you were willing to share, as it was your thing with Hayleigh?

At least a dozen people got it after the funeral. I even let my 16 year old. Of course I'm going to say yes. That's something permanent and visable that will remind them of Hayleigh. When people ask what it's for, they'll talk about her. That's how she can live on. Still making people smile, even complete strangers.

It is such a beautiful way for her to live on TJ. <3
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options

HUGS!!! I hope it's done soon!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options

probably.

@Avocado_AS5 might have input here

I didn't wanna mention this but I feel like I need to:

Your username has always made me think of captain underpants and now that your profile photo is you actually in your underpants you're reminding me of it even more

hehe I've always thought that as well! Thank you for admitting it first!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    what's on my mind:
    a best friend of a good friend needs a place to stay for a few weeks. i've room. but part of me is nervous. what if the timeline is over and they don't leave-though i'll make them sign something say they will. they have a place to live but is waiting for the current tenant to leave.
    what if they are dirty? or loud? or a turd
    i've been on my own for 2 years but i know my friend will do anything for me and has. so now i feel selfish
    i know he wouldn't put me in a bad situation as he has had to white knight for me in the past.
    i've never lived with anyone other than in the dorms and even then my roomies weren't often their room and neither was i.