Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

1313234363773

Replies

  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 6,988Member Member Posts: 6,988Member Member

    Yeah having to stop myself from going room to room was borderline upsetting at first but it really helps. For example when I went through all my personal care items I had things stored in the bathroom, my closet, and my bedroom. Putting it all together helps you see what is redundant (do I need five hand creams?) and now the shampoo bottle graveyard under my bathroom sink is gone and hasn't come back!

    I probably sound like her publisher or something but I just really love her book.


    I have trouble.. buying holiday bottles of hand soap. Cute bottles with Christmas sparkles or ghosts on them. But no one is using them but me.
    I shudder to think how many are under the sink.


  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    ggenet2014 wrote: »
    This all hits home so much. I’ll be downsizing for awhile this next year. It will be in all areas of my life. I started some downsizing in 2018 and will continue.
    You are an inspiration to me.

    And YOU, you winner you are an inspiration to me as well! Thank you ever so very much for contributing to this thread. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your wins in this area. Little b little step by step, you're going to experience such fabulousity, as you LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK and decluttering and getting down to size, it's going to take time--but you're going to LOVE IT, I promise! {{{Hugs}}}}

    I’m moving in 6 weeks. I have two suitcases that’s all I’ve got to take my stuff in.

    In my head I’ve already started thinking “that won’t be coming”. Will make packing so much easier

    Absolutely WOW! That's what I'm talking about. I LOVE this and you way of thinking is the stuff of champions, period. YAY YOU!!!!! {{{{ Hugs}}}} Also, THANKS so much for posting!


    perris101 wrote: »
    Working on this myself ... kinda hard I always feel I’ll need it...😛

    Honey, you ain't alone...ALWAYS remember that--me too. Thanks so much for posting! {{{Hugs}}}}


  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    I have been reading these a lot & commenting some, but yesterday I finally started my decluttering. I had a huge pile of papers on the file cabinet ;) :) (good place for it, right?) So I filed, shredded, recycled and cleared the whole thing off..also straightened the bookcase beside it. Makes me feel so much more peaceful to be in my "office". (Really just computer room, but not so guilty about being on computer now, lol)

    BOOM! How utterly bombdotcom are you?!? Totally. What an excellent place to start--YAY YOU!
    {{{Hugs and the highest of fives }}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    smantha32 wrote: »


    Even of ridding myself of toxic relationships, which I use to think impossible and too scary to do, BAM! I don't miss a single one and actually am at sooo much peace/contentment and even joy without them. Letting "stuff" (people, places and things that contributes to one's self-destruction--even if "LETTING GO" may mean even if the person is still in your life, NO LONGER going along to get along and "minimizing" contact, fellowship and company of said toxic person...NO longer allowing them to have your "power over and in you and NO influence whatsover, no matter who or what or where" and not giving them a split second of your peace of mind or "inner-space" AKA learning to say "NO" and with a loving, but I MEAN BUSINESS spirit/attitude, period. TO TOXIC PEOPLE AND EVEN YOURSELF WHEN YOU FEEL THAT yucky thang coming on and over you-refusing with total and uncompromising giving way/place to any person, place or thing that hinders your walk and new way of thinking, living, being, period.) and once we do learn to say NO and mean it consistently, how y/our general unhealthy thinking and living is minimized and is so FREEING, like a monkey and albatross off of your neck and back. YAY, thanks so much for posting this--I didn't even think of it until you posted. YAY YOU!!!!

    I've gotten rid of several toxic people including two family members I cut contact with. My life is much more peaceful. Now i have to work on the clutter. lol

    Honey let me tell you, you are getting ready to and have entered a place of peace and just YES, in your life and I'm so very excited for you...you ROCK, period. Also thank you EVER so very much for contributing to this thread. You and your words are going to encourage and help so many people--for real. Thank again and BOOM!


    smantha32 wrote: »
    momofoli wrote: »
    Question to those who got rid of bad relationships...how did you do it ? Simply stopped talking to them? Did you let them know you were going to stop?
    Thanks!

    Two of them I just stopped talking to, and didn't respond if they tried to contact me. One of them would have made an argument about it if I'd told her why because no one has a valid opinion about anything but her.

    Two family members had been treating me like crap for awhile and I finally called them out on it, so they quit talking to ME. They're a little harder to avoid but I manage. Part of the problem with them is they had events and never invited us so they help make it easier to avoid them.

    Uhhhhhh...WOW! I'm so happy for you--so very happy. For you to be able to say "Nah...not another day of this mess" is so powerful AND encouraging too. Isn't it amazing how MANY years we've allowed and given ourselves over to "well...I HAVE to take this abuse and yuck because they are my (fill in the blank). Wow! As you are experiencing, the answer=NO equals amazing YES in/thru you--AND in an almost incomprehensible way, helps them as well. YAY YOU!!!!!

  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    smantha32 wrote: »

    Yeah having to stop myself from going room to room was borderline upsetting at first but it really helps. For example when I went through all my personal care items I had things stored in the bathroom, my closet, and my bedroom. Putting it all together helps you see what is redundant (do I need five hand creams?) and now the shampoo bottle graveyard under my bathroom sink is gone and hasn't come back!

    I probably sound like her publisher or something but I just really love her book.


    I have trouble.. buying holiday bottles of hand soap. Cute bottles with Christmas sparkles or ghosts on them. But no one is using them but me.
    I shudder to think how many are under the sink.


    "shampoo bottle graveyard " Hahahahahaha--so funny (and REAL) I love that way of looking at it!

    {{{{ Hugs }}}} just {{{{smiles and HUGS}}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Decluttering files:

    Operation LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK...old jewelry :#

    Looking thru several drawers this morning I've found another area I've ignored in my decluttering adventure--old jewelry. I've got quite a bit of "stuff" that is missing the mate, some broken and lots that is just old and ugly and I haven't used or even looked at in years. Like the missing socks issue that I defeated a few weeks ago. Today I'll "attack and conquer/utterly defeat" the old ugly jewelry issues in/from the jewelry drawers! I LOVE this decluttering "business"...it's NEVER, I've "got this" NOR I'm done!

    Jewelry is something I need to deal with too. Its so daunting, but I have to add it to my list. One jewelry box at a time. Only way I'll get it done.

    Daunting indeed--and for me...I'm going to say, ummm, embarrassing! Why in the name of Fergus McDoogle would I keep all this useless stuff--for so long? Girlllll--whatevah, I tossed out so much "stuff", with {{{*eye-rolling* DELIGHT}}}, it aint even funny. I've got still some stuff to go thru, but I went thru that stuff with fierce, ain't nobody got time NOR the fabulous, much wanted/needed space for this mess, not another second, period. I as always my SNOO, know you are not alone. Hurry is of the >:), do it at your own sweet pace and slowly but surely, you WILL recapture that space and it's going to feel GOOD when it's gone and you won't even miss not one piece of this mess, we've had for YEARS and haven't even looked at in years too. Here's cheering you on my friend!
    edited November 2018
  • Allie1618Allie1618 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    Wow, y’all are so inspiring, I appreciate reading your posts!

    I have a house full of clutter; paper, clothes, crafts, kitchen stuff, kid stuff etc... It really weighs me down mentally. I can carve out the time, it’s what to do with it all and being motivated to tackle each pile is very difficult. I’ll get one area sorted out but before long it’s filled back up again! I’ll keep at it, hopefully finding some tips from the people here :)
  • snoo61snoo61 Posts: 500Member Member Posts: 500Member Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Decluttering files:

    Operation LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK...old jewelry :#

    Looking thru several drawers this morning I've found another area I've ignored in my decluttering adventure--old jewelry. I've got quite a bit of "stuff" that is missing the mate, some broken and lots that is just old and ugly and I haven't used or even looked at in years. Like the missing socks issue that I defeated a few weeks ago. Today I'll "attack and conquer/utterly defeat" the old ugly jewelry issues in/from the jewelry drawers! I LOVE this decluttering "business"...it's NEVER, I've "got this" NOR I'm done!

    Jewelry is something I need to deal with too. Its so daunting, but I have to add it to my list. One jewelry box at a time. Only way I'll get it done.

    Daunting indeed--and for me...I'm going to say, ummm, embarrassing! Why in the name of Fergus McDoogle would I keep all this useless stuff--for so long? Girlllll--whatevah, I tossed out so much "stuff", with {{{*eye-rolling* DELIGHT}}}, it aint even funny. I've got still some stuff to go thru, but I went thru that stuff with fierce, ain't nobody got time NOR the fabulous, much wanted/needed space for this mess, not another second, period. I as always my SNOO, know you are not alone. Hurry is of the >:), do it at your own sweet pace and slowly but surely, you WILL recapture that space and it's going to feel GOOD when it's gone and you won't even miss not one piece of this mess, we've had for YEARS and haven't even looked at in years too. Here's cheering you on my friend!

    That's me in a nutshell. Embarrassing to say the least. Oh well, I'm getting there, slow but sure! :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    Allie1618 wrote: »
    Wow, y’all are so inspiring, I appreciate reading your posts!

    I have a house full of clutter; paper, clothes, crafts, kitchen stuff, kid stuff etc... It really weighs me down mentally. I can carve out the time, it’s what to do with it all and being motivated to tackle each pile is very difficult. I’ll get one area sorted out but before long it’s filled back up again! I’ll keep at it, hopefully finding some tips from the people here :)

    Hey Allie {{{{{*waving Hi*}}}}} Thanks so much for contributing to this thread. Honey, it is as Snoo said, "daunting" to say the least. For you to even begin to "consider" waging WAR against "excess and clutter" (inside/your body/mind and outside/your environment), is tremendous. YAY YOU! Whenever you get some time, peruse thru this thread--as there are a TON of tips and encouragement/inspiration all thru this thread to hep you/us (take your time, hurry or anxiety about decluttering (or anything really) is of the >:) . TAKE YOUR TIME and do it right and righteously, period.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    Weight wins this week:

    NO scale movement but...

    Hips are DOWN 2 big ole inches
    Head is DOWN .5 inches ( btw, I haven't seen my head shrink in a long time, so this .5 inch is extremely thrilling!

    That's 2.5 inches forever gone to the place where the sun won't ever shine!
  • kstarallenkstarallen Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    @Roadie2000 literally teared up reading your post. Good for you man.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    I’m moving in five weeks and only have two suitcases to move all my stuff. Today I was able to clear some of my stuff - several clothing items into the charity bag!

    YAY YOU and BOOM!!!!! You're doing this right and righteously and I admire you!
  • Allie1618Allie1618 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thank you for your kind welcome! Congratulations on your weigh wins this week. I’ve never measured my head before, what a great idea!

    My win is 5 lbs down since I started tracking in early October. My jeans are starting to fit more comfortably, just in time for the cooler weather, yes!
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 6,988Member Member Posts: 6,988Member Member
    eminater wrote: »
    Letting go of my "Fat clothes" is my current struggle. I have clothes that are now too big for me stored in 3 different bags in the closet. One is the "just in case I get fat again" bag, one is the "fat clothes that I wished still fit me" and the other one is "stuff I would never wear again" - I am going to start by throwing this one out today.

    Anyone else hoarding their "fat clothes" ... I think until I get closer to my goal, I will be too scared to ditch these things.

    PS - about to read the NEAT thread, thanks for the share!

    Yes I am usually scared to get rid of them.. because I've put the weight back on so many times. :(
    It helps to go through them though..I still keep some but when I look through them I usually discover that half of them are ugly and some of them are usually gross and worn out. I keep the stuff that's still stylish.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 3,985Member Member Posts: 3,985Member Member
    Allie1618 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thank you for your kind welcome! Congratulations on your weigh wins this week. I’ve never measured my head before, what a great idea!

    My win is 5 lbs down since I started tracking in early October. My jeans are starting to fit more comfortably, just in time for the cooler weather, yes!

    My absolute pleasure <3 o:) <3 I'm THRILLED to hear about your wins, so wonderful--YAY YOU! Girl...."measuring one's head" sounds and seems so, ummmm...overboard and strange to say the least. I got that idea from thinking about how my husband and sons wear hats and go by hat sizes. So I began measuring my head with that in mind. WOW, it's taken some time for this head of mine to shrink too. Just amazing, interesting and fun seeing these inches off my entire body blown to smithereens! Thank you so much for your reply!
    edited November 2018
Sign In or Register to comment.