Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I just got an email about half priced pizzas at Domino's this week.....time for the chicken bacon alfredo or ranch pizza! Thursday or Friday......

Is this good in The States too?! I LOVE the chicken bacon ranch!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I dreamt that @quiksylver296 and her family turned up unannounced at my house and I nearly missed them because it always takes me ages to answer the door. Anyway, Andrew was thrilled at your visit. My husband was very impressed at how much you can bench press (he has no interest in such things in real life but he appreciates hard work when he sees it). Dream Tami's husband thought our plug sockets were really interesting which set my husband off explaining everything because he's an electrical engineer. Payton set up a huge red tent in our garden for you to stay in, which the kids found hilarious. I didn't have any food in so we got some proper takeaway fish and chips because even in my dreams I like to be a stereotypical Brit. Anyway, that was a fun day!

I got 2.5 hours of unbroken sleep last night, at least I had an enjoyable dream!

So cute! Tami sounds just like I imagined her to! :heart:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I didn't really do any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping. The only thing I bought yesterday were some UA clothes for Mike because they were half off and I had a save $30 on $100 coupon code that they let me combine with the sale! I probably won't wait to give them to him for Christmas because he needs clothes now!

I didn't really bother looking at anything else really, because I would have been way too tempted to buy myself stuff because I'm really easy to shop for because I know exactly what I want! :lol:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Mike seems to think he's going to go Keto to lose weight fast! Anyone that knows him, knows why I said he "thinks" he's going to go Keto. He has ZERO willpower when food is concerned. Sunday night, he made beef stir fry with cauliflower rice for dinner. Then later, he had leftover spaghetti for a snack. :unamused:
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Mike seems to think he's going to go Keto to lose weight fast! Anyone that knows him, knows why I said he "thinks" he's going to go Keto. He has ZERO willpower when food is concerned. Sunday night, he made beef stir fry with cauliflower rice for dinner. Then later, he had leftover spaghetti for a snack. :unamused:

Does Mike know what keto means?? And how hard it is to do keto and travel? (I have a friend at church who gave it up because he travels for work and there's just no good way to eat out daily and eat keto.)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Turns out Pi Day is 14th March. And it does involve pie. :yum:

b7yaka4pl90a.png

Marking it down in my calendar

I just twigged that the date in America would be 3.14 which is the beginning of Pi.

Slow is my middle name...

There is also a National Pie Day here, sometime in the summer. The guys I listen to on the radio during work took a poll about what the best pie is. No wonder Americans are generally overweight.

ETA: I looked it up. May 13 is National Apple Pie Day and January 23 is National Pie Day. Any excuse to eat pie is a good excuse.

Ha ha ha so you have three days where you are encouraged to eat pie? That is amazing and slightly worrying at the same time. I suppose they aren’t widely broadcasted as much as, say, thanksgiving. It’s just a fun thing.

It's mostly marketing, and yes, it's fun. National Pie Day and National Apple Pie Day are brought to me by the American Pie Council. *I* would have put Apple Pie Day in September when the apples are actually ready for harvest, but what do I know?

That would make a lot more sense actually! Why wouldn’t it be later in the year?!

I wonder if there's a calendar that lists all the different pie, ice cream, cake, etc. days?

Yes, there is. I have it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Does Mike know what keto means?? And how hard it is to do keto and travel? (I have a friend at church who gave it up because he travels for work and there's just no good way to eat out daily and eat keto.)

I don't know. He has some books on Kindle about it. :unamused:
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I don't know. He has some books on Kindle about it. :unamused:

Good luck to him. I can't imagine eating that few carbs. I have a hard time limiting to 125/day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I didn't really do any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping. The only thing I bought yesterday were some UA clothes for Mike because they were half off and I had a save $30 on $100 coupon code that they let me combine with the sale! I probably won't wait to give them to him for Christmas because he needs clothes now!

I didn't really bother looking at anything else really, because I would have been way too tempted to buy myself stuff because I'm really easy to shop for because I know exactly what I want! :lol:
    I never do Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping, but this year I got a few things. I got a new vacuum and some towels and washcloths on Friday. Today (extended Cyber Monday sale for GNC) I got the big tub of Quest salted caramel protein powder for only $12.99! It was $39.99 regular price with 30% off and free shipping. I had points that I redeemed for $15 off. I was super pumped for that deal!

That's a really great deal!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have a big garbage can and a big recycle can from our garbage service people. They come every week for the garbage and every other week for the recyclables. Which is the opposite of when I need them to come. We have much more recyclables than garbage.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have a big garbage can and a big recycle can from our garbage service people. They come every week for the garbage and every other week for the recyclables. Which is the opposite of when I need them to come. We have much more recyclables than garbage.

https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades

Just looked up Terracycle again & they offer a lot of free programs to return packages for certain products.

Eww they have a box you have to pay for to recycle used chewing gum.

https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/zero_waste_boxes/used-chewing-gum

https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/zero_waste_boxes
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Confession:

I wish it were easier to recycle chip bags, protein bar wrappers/candy wrappers, & basically a lot of food products that have multiple components to the packaging (frozen veggie bags like Birds Eye for example).

At least I've been recycling most waste & it's amazing how much less trash I have at the end of a week.

I went through my pantry & freezers & threw away really expired frozen veggies that I either forgot about or didn't like. Next year I want to start buying more practically & definitely buckling down with pre-planning my meals. I've definitely been saving money by not buying as much Halo Top & Enlightened as I used to (the last time I bought Enlightened was a few weeks ago).

I need to do a pantry inventory so that I can plan my next grocery trip.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I just got an email about half priced pizzas at Domino's this week.....time for the chicken bacon alfredo or ranch pizza! Thursday or Friday......

Or both -- it is like paying for it once.

I have been banned from my local dominos -- well, self banned. I had words with the manager - placed an order and over an hour later it was not in the oven on the tracker - called and she said it would be two more hours. Asked to cancel the order and she hung up on me. I called back and had a few choice words.... I figure my name, # and address is on a "use the toilet brush to spread the sauce" list...

3 hours for pizza? WTF??
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Is this good in The States too?! I LOVE the chicken bacon ranch!!!

Hm not sure. I got an email from Nov 26th-Dec 2nd all regular priced pizzas are 50% off
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I got the email last night too! So yes, it is in the states, Mo!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    These have been taunting me from the grocery checkout for about a month now. I gave in last night. Mmmmmm, yum!

k8wurpg8wwxx.jpg