Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale down 0.4 will take it and run. Watched a documentary on the history of tea drinking a large cup of herbal tea. So I got my extra water in this weekend and it showed.

Wave to all who follow. Will be at work lurking.

Sara - Congratulations on the scale going in the right direction! Good for you!

Lana
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Happy(?) Monday!

Hungry4Hawaii - You are well on your way to your goal! That's awesome!

Tilliesmommy1 - Great job! And you're doing such good work with your hobby. The world needs more of you.

Lana - What is this I see about a flat Christmas tree??

Had a food-filled weekend - oops! I decided to cut out refined sugars again starting today, but of course I forgot that we had our chili cookoff in the office today and someone made an incredible carrot cake from scratch! How could I say no to that?? I did finally get to go climbing again yesterday. It was a short workout because I've been sick and just didn't have the energy, but it was great to be back on the wall!

AOTW: Do a couple days of yoga and avoid refined sugars! Gotta get my *kitten* into gear!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Finally starting to feel back to normal after some jetlag all week. I forgot to post (thought I had) that I was in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin for about 10 days prior. My husband and I took my Mom. It was a hectic, crazy, beautiful trip but I've spent the last week re-adjusting to the time zone, etc. I was in bed too early all week, but that's not a bad thing.

Been catching up with laundry and cleaning, and christmas stuff. It's been nice relaxing some.

I really need to get my tush in gear. I'm in a wedding at the end of January and need to lose a little so that my dress doesn't feel like a corset, LOL.

Watching The Holiday on TV and drinking tea! Trying to think of what to make for dinner. Hope all have a good evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    megbeveridg - I crocheted Lana a Christmas tree last year (or year before?) as I knew she lived in a shoe box in NYC. I was inquiring to see if it survived her flood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAEXRWrckgw is a smaller version of same pattern I cannot find the original at the moment.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is a brilliant idea! You could even hang light ornaments from it! I love that :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9092 total steps

Pharmacy issue is all squared away, at least I hope so. Pharmacy tech got it wrong so I actually have many months of refills on file....so hopefully I wont go around that barn again next month.

Hot chocolate on tap after dinner and dog walk.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning all~~

I'm up in NYC at the shoebox/crap apartment for a few days, then back down to NC on Thursday.

The apartment here was flooded by some nitwit two floors up who drew a bath and then fell back asleep! Gah!
    My neighbor cleaned up most of the mess in my kitchen, but I keep a LOT of boxes of paper files there, and now I have to go through all of it and toss or shred most of it. In a way, it's good the flood happened.

The Indian food vegetarian recipes sound good.
    y9snzcw57m94.jpg

Sara - there is a brand of packets of Indian food called Tasty-Bites. They are becoming more mainstream (Target? Walmart?), originally found only in health food stores and Whole Paycheck. You might want to either buy some, or at the very least, look at them in the store, look at their ingredients, and then steal the ideas for things to make at home for yourself. If you buy, use wisely; I think that they are high-ish salt.

Runa - sending you big hugs. Remember that just because some things and behaviors happened in the past does not mean that they will happen in the future.
    I strongly urge you to get into volunteering. Giving is the best way to bring feelings of happiness. Do not expect to make friends; just do some group volunteering, and enjoy the socializing and the generosity benefits, and maybe a friendship or two might sprout from it. Regardless, you will reap benefits of Giving. It need be only once in a while, once or twice a month if your schedule is crammed. As with anything, keep trying until you find a good charity or group, for a good fit for yourself. Food banks, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
    Sending you more big hugs and shoulder rubs of encouragement.

I must get in the shower and get to cleaning and running errands.

Lana

247.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Runa - volunteer and an animal shelter! Tons of unconditional love!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    2uynfdatl3zy.jpg

Just wanted to share the new Scentsy Buddy from Disney. Olaf is only here for a limited time. You can order online and have him delivered straight to your door.

$30 (+tax/sh)

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10047473
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi all!

Just cruising through tonight. Been excessively tired lately. Not a bad thing, since my insomnia was on steroids for almost a year. But now, I am just surprised to be sleeping so much lately. They say sleeping well helps weight loss... 🤷🏽‍♀️

Been thinking about volunteering for awhile. Had found a place, but it fell through sort of. May try something different soon. Trying to get a handle on sleep schedule since alarm clocks do not wake me ever.

Goals for this month are:
    • No eating out at all
    • Stay under calories for entire month
    • Exercise (walk, dance, weight resistance, etc) 3 times a week
    • Sleep at night & try to stay up during day as much as possible

They say if you put it in writing, you are more likely to do it. I have proven that wrong a billion times, but this could be one of the 10 times that I actually follow through. 🤣

7nd119spdrt9.jpeg

Cheers!!
    Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Chance of rain pushed until late tonight which is okay.

Dreamed of roses and seems that flowers are a good sign per my dream book. Maybe they will hire outside for the vacant positions (many of us are hoping so).

Runa - sleep is a wonderful part of health (regardless of weight loss etc). Glad you are changing the shift away from not enough. I knew a man who cleaned up the neighborhood daily for years. Doing something /volunteering may/may not involve an organization. What would you like to do? Start there. You will find it.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking at work.

• Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

The thread has been so busy since ive been away! Love it!

That flat Xmas tree is hilarious! And amazing! When y’all were chatting about it I was imagining like a cardboard cut out, but to see it was crocheted (knitted?) is so much better! You could probably make a killing on Etsy 🙈

I stepped on my scale this AM and it read 208!!!! What?!! I think I need to adjust my caloric intake a smidge sharper than what MFP is suggesting :/ booooooo. I’m not deterred though!

QOTD (one we ask around the bakery a lot): What color is your day today?

Mine is a soft forest green atm 😄
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options

Running through......

*tossing beach bag and paperback spy thriller onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Whew...caught up again!
    Lana - I probably read it - but what do you do for a living that you are traveling so much? Sorry about your flood. Fell asleep in bathtub! Lucky they did not drown!
    Runa - Everyone's volunteer suggestions are good! Most important though - take care of yourself and then reachout and take care of others. You know what your soul needs - don't let anyone else tell you what is right. If you are not able to get close to friends right now - then so be it.
    Eryn - wow - sounds like a great experience!
    Twiley - double wow! You are doing great! Congrats!
    Tillie - I did not know you are the thread creator either. Nice job! Also great earrings and kudos on your volunteering your skills!
    MGO and MissChancey - welcome!
    Waves to Hawaii(:, Meg, Arnie(love Olif) and all else who pass through!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lurking from work today. So much to do and so little motivation to do it.

Kitchen still torn apart which has us eating out almost constantly. Trying to make good choices but sometimes lack of time/being rushed gets the best of me. :(
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Well I am caught up yet again, I lose track on the weekends when I don't have a computer to use, just my phone. I need to find a way around this as Friday is my last day at work.
    November was not a very successful month for my fitness and health goals. No exercise really to speak of and only a 1.2 lb loss on the scale. Hopefully I can be more deliberate in December.

I have to update my resume this week and work on some ornaments for the two craft shows this weekend.

I had a great weekend last weekend, Saturday was a very successful craft show and afterwards I had invited the Grands for a sleepover so we could go to the Santa Claus parade in town. I was thoroughly impressed with the parade and the activities around it. There were carolers, free hot chocolate (I avoided, but kids enjoyed) and of course Santa Claus on a float. It was snowing but not bitterly cold so a great evening. They had an area set up for pictures, so I made the Grands pose for me. On Sunday I put the tree up and Michaela helped me decorate it. She will be 3 in January, I was quite impressed with her skills. I only had to move 2 of the ornaments that she placed and she hung probably 20 or so of them. Jonah only wanted to hang a few of the special ones that he likes.
    9nknaklsgv86.jpg

Hugs to those who need them and congrats to all of those celebrating losses and NSV's!
    Tracey in Snowy Edmonton
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Snow just keeps falling, here. No accumulation. Very, very cold. Hoping this weekend isn't bad. Going home for fundraiser. Still having second thoughts about it. But, I will do this 1 and probably not another. Not 1 person that was going to help me with donations, helped. And, doing it long distance without real help, is not a great way to do it successfully. At least I can say I did it. No matter what amount I raise, it's more than if I hadn't done anything. Just know, that I can not rely on others... blah
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    snowflake - a loss is a loss! congrats on the 1.2 lb down!

Dawn - sorry the fundraiser not going as well as hoped. without help, its never easy.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    snowflake - LOVE that picture. Adorable!