The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @joha5603 You GO girl!! Happy 10 weeks :) You should be stoked!

@GDowning2Fit Welcome <3 That @RubyRed427 quote Oh SO true!
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    come do a Dry December with me to end the year....I did Dry January and Dry July....3 months out of the year will be pretty good....come on take my hand, whisper in my ear, talk to my soul....love thy neighbor etc

You've got a cyber community here for you. :)
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    come do a Dry December with me to end the year....I did Dry January and Dry July....3 months out of the year will be pretty good....come on take my hand, whisper in my ear, talk to my soul....love thy neighbor etc

:) we luv company helps us to keep strong.
  • ElC_76
    Im in with u all,.. this mth is going to the hardest. This time of the year for our fam we have 4 birthdays next mth we have 3 plus the christmas and new year.. theres going to lots of triggers.
    I know it(alcohol) makes me fat and ugly ( and thats for real this is my scare tactic )
    I have to plan strategies, an escape routes now b4 I get into trouble.
    School holidays for our private school is this week in Aussie.
    Ive been trying gym as my escape, indulging in sweating myself away..lol its good when they are 24/7
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    going ok so far....trying to prepare myself for when it gets stressful at work
  • ElC_76
    edited December 2018
    fjwfn3hmo1dw.jpg

:) this is at our gym, but it doesn't only apply to us women.. ;)
  • ElC_76
    Hello Sober Crew,

A question I've had and would like to ask is, What's your opinion on alcohol removed drinks?

Also what, if any are good, do u recommend..?
  • ElC_76
    edited December 2018
    Thankyou Everyone for your contributions. I fully agree wth whats been said about it being too close or being a trigger. It would be an added trigger for me.
    I was trying to work out a backup plan if i didget unstuck. This time of the i havent been able to go dry and totally be back to square one with my health. I have used kombucha and soda water wth lemon up to date.

Thankyou Everyone again,.. xo ..we Are going to get there ;)

Well done @NormInv ,.. your tougher than u think.. *flex* and i know your going to do this. Remember we're doing it too. It IS rough to start off again.. :s im feeling it too atm. But i do hate being fat and ugly and.... dumb and out of control!. Thats what alcohol makes me feel. Sorry, i feel stupid for saying that but its my underneath true feelings.

Thankyou @CarvedTones your an great support, and awesome inspiration to us..
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Drummer913 wrote: »
    @EIC_76....This is ONLY my point of view. I am currently 36 days AF. I looked into AF beer (beer was my thing). Most have less than .5% alcohol which to me still says it DOES have alcohol. There apparently are a few 100% AF beers out there but they are hard to find in my area. Personally for me, I think it may be a trigger for the Real McCoy for me. So I am steering clear of the wanna be's! Just my opinion. I cant comment on Mocktails as I dont have any experience with them .

I'm completely with you on this,I was always just a beer drinker(but ALOT of them) so I think the taste would send me into a spin and I'd be speeding to the closest gas station to buy the real thing,,I know it does help some people to drink it though but not me.Everyone sounds absolutely fabuloso! Yeah!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @andysport1 Hi there. Glad to see you're hangin' in!! Happy holiday in the sun. :)

In my part of the world it has been a very gloomy November & into December now...we did have some sun yesterday & a smidge today. RRRRRR!!! Lack of sun makes me SAD!!! :'( seasonally sad. Only 4-5 months till the sunny season arrives. Here's hopin'

@whitpauly Good to hear from you. I know you're keeping tabs on all of us & it's good to know you are still well <3

Hope everyone else is doing good also <3
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    But @ElC_76 ... I thought that many kombucha brands have alcohol in them, at least they did about a year ago when I was drinking them. It may not be enough, but it was enough for me to have one at work and ... feel funny. It may be like a slightly different kind of alcohol than what I was used to, and maybe I'm very sensitive to it (similar to the way I find dark chocolate more stimulating than coffee).