Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QOTD: what is the type of food you could eat any day? The cuisine that when someone asks you "where do you want to eat?" you jump right to?

For me its Korean or Mexican, the day a Korean/Mexican fusion restaurant opens it's doors will be my down fall.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    QOTD: what is the type of food you could eat any day? The cuisine that when someone asks you "where do you want to eat?" you jump right to?

For me its Korean or Mexican, the day a Korean/Mexican fusion restaurant opens it's doors will be my down fall.

Definitely Italian for me!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    7824 total steps

Was dared at work called a coward and a scrooge for not joining the department Secret Santa - which I had to admit was true - so I joined. My NSV was that 3 of the 5 items I listed (we had to list 5) were not food.

In case I do not fly by before lights out- wishing all a good night.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    AOTD-probably fish/Red Lobster or St Louis Bread Company.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well I am caught up yet again, I lose track on the weekends when I don't have a computer to use, just my phone. I need to find a way around this as Friday is my last day at work.
    November was not a very successful month for my fitness and health goals. No exercise really to speak of and only a 1.2 lb loss on the scale. Hopefully I can be more deliberate in December.

I have to update my resume this week and work on some ornaments for the two craft shows this weekend.

I had a great weekend last weekend, Saturday was a very successful craft show and afterwards I had invited the Grands for a sleepover so we could go to the Santa Claus parade in town. I was thoroughly impressed with the parade and the activities around it. There were carolers, free hot chocolate (I avoided, but kids enjoyed) and of course Santa Claus on a float. It was snowing but not bitterly cold so a great evening. They had an area set up for pictures, so I made the Grands pose for me. On Sunday I put the tree up and Michaela helped me decorate it. She will be 3 in January, I was quite impressed with her skills. I only had to move 2 of the ornaments that she placed and she hung probably 20 or so of them. Jonah only wanted to hang a few of the special ones that he likes.
    9nknaklsgv86.jpg

Hugs to those who need them and congrats to all of those celebrating losses and NSV's!
    Tracey in Snowy Edmonton

What I like to do when I need to be more active is chart my workouts on a calendar. It's right next to my scale. I mark if I get a walk in or weights, yoga, Pilates. Then the next month I work to beat the last months activity.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

With any luck the rain is over. We need it but dog walks are not fun.....

Light bulb in dining room didnt even last a month ( I leave it on all night) so I bought on Black Friday some replacements will see if they work better.

How is everyone's week going?

I had a huge chocolate inhale yesterday strange claims that stumped my Sup. So today keep walking and drinking water.

Hungry - I even started opening an etsy act but I am not good with cameras- I sold what I had made before I could even post. So.... I then stopped knitting. Now I make things for charity and if there are mistakes, I am not as upset.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 - I just LOVE that evening! I’m trying to make it out to my local winter parade.

@marsellilove - AOTD: SAME. I joke I’m a cheap date if you take me to Mexican food because I just want to eat the chips and salsa with a side of retried beans 😂😂😂

@Tilliesmommy1 - those photos are great haha. I understand that about donating to charity rather than selling. My degree is in fine arts illustration and I could never bring myself to do commission work because it felt so hollow, and never good enough!

My weigh in is on Friday, goal of 205....

SW: 207
    CW: 207
    GW: 185

I think I’m going to go back to preparing my own meals fresh. I feel super bloated from all the sodium from the freezer meals, even though I drink a ton of water! Maybe that’ll make a difference!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options

hello All~~

Checking in......

Sara, I think that that is THE WORST in rudeness, unkindness, thoughtlessness, and BULLYING that you were, well, BULLIED into the Secret Santa thing.
    I compare this to 30 years of working backstage, where there is always a Secret Santa thing, but everyone knows that either it is not everyone's joy, OR that some people simply cannot really afford to do it. No one would dream of looking askance at someone who chose to pass on it. *Kitten*

Lana

248.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I hear you - but I also have to play the politics of the workplace......
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tillie- Did I see that you work in claims? I work in operations of an insurance company.

Hungry- my office jokes that the only good thing about Chili's is the one thing you don't have to pay for.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana I hear you - but I also have to play the politics of the workplace......

Sara - Oy. Bummer. I understand.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    marsellilove - yup I work for a health service agency and do the insurance rejections. I agree with the Chili's comment too......
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - Peer pressure sucks!

AOTD: Greek or Italian.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9060 steps extra trips to sup for claim questions adds up........ I switched names with someone because she openly is angry at person she picked and I saw nothing good coming of that.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Learned how to make a mini snowflake for tree coworkers put up in our little area. Made 3 and then hand gave out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqAuxhNcqoQ

Lets discuss the chocolate doughnut I allowed myself last night- it is waiting for me for breakfast. Day old doughnuts are just as good and I can make sure to walk more today. Just is.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Waves to all.

I have to turn my wagon around. I am unfocused and unmotivated.

Today is a travel day - flying back to NC. The temperature down there is 25 degrees. Jeeeeeez! I thought North Carolina was part of The South. Brrrr....

Lana

248.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all!

Busy, busy, busy.

Work, buying Christmas gifts, and husband out of town.

Went for a nice long walk after work and have been eating pretty well.

Going to keep dinner easy tonight and make sure I stay at my calories.

Lunch ending but wanted to drop by and say hi!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    DH is in deep funk. Has been for about a week now. Haven't seen him like this since his return from deployment. Not sure what to do for him. Trying to be supportive but firm in insisting he call the doctor. (He still hasn't) Feel like I am being dragged down with him and I don't like that.

On brighter note: scales show I am down another pound! These last 10 pounds are proving more stubborn than any of the others. :(

CW: 157
    HW: 216
    GW: 150

Hugs to you, depressed and down hubby's are so hard to deal with. I have one that suffers yearly from SAD, he has never been diagnosed because he hasn't been to a doctor since he had his finger amputated and refuses to go.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Hickchick - Sorry to hear....depression, PTSD, all of that is sooo tough. I agree supportive but firm. Have to get the potential med combination correct.
    Tillies mom - LOVE the snowflakes. Having a bunch of those on a tree would be adorable!
    Waves to all - lurking from work.