Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Bulk Legs, which always makes my legs feel shaky....but good. I followed it with my first spin workout since the move, which was Cathe Live Spin Those Wheels. It felt tough but really good. So happy to have my no impact/high intensity workout option back in play! I really missed it.

Tami, great workouts. Glad you enjoyed revisiting Afterburn. That one always surprises me with how sneaky tough it is. Glad you don’t mind a little extra lower body for this rotation. I was really enjoying doing the extra leg work before the move and think I was making a little progress on my stubborn, chubby legs. B) But that all got lost somewhere on the road between here and Alaska. :p So it feels so good to have a workout plan again. I am sorry to hear you didn’t get to put up your Christmas tree this weekend. My DH has, historically, been one of those guys who is completely indifferent to holidays, so several years ago I started putting up all the decorations by myself. It took about 12 years.....but now he gets sad when I don’t let him help. But I still prefer doing it alone because it gives me chance to reminisce....without somebody asking me where they should put every ornament on the tree. :# One of my favorite Christmas memories is, like you, baking cookies with my Mom. Ours were spritz cookies....and the mess we made with all the sparkles and stuff.... :o . I don’t quite know how she put up with it.

Thelma, yay on the punching bag! I would so love to have one, but, as you say, they are pretty pricey and take up some space. But how fun you have that to look forward to in your new home! The workout blender is part of a Cathe On Demand. It takes a little time to create workouts because you do it chapter by chapter, but this option finally allows me to retire my very old and antiquated multi disc player. Makes me a little sad to see it go....but it is time. :'( We have ATT U-verse for internet and cable. The internet works really well. But the TV service is a little finicky. We got a couple of wireless receivers and I would not recommend them. The elimination of the one cable just isn’t worth some of the other issues. But the whole house DVR is really nice! So I am a little mixed on their service, but, so far, I am happy enough with it to not go with a dish or direct TV. We got very lucky on the snow this past weekend. We heard parts of Tennessee got hit pretty badly as well. Our temps stayed up enough, though, so that was good. If not.....we would still be digging out!

Laurie, great workout. I am glad your neck is feeling better. Hopefully it was just one of those passing things. Thank you for the info on the airports. I really don’t want to spend hours in traffic on a shuttle! I am aiming to get there mid-day on Thursday in hope that traffic even in Milwaukee won’t be too bad. And I don’t think I will mind a few extra hours at the hotel because it looks like a beautiful area. So looking forward to this! Sounds like things are getting busy for you with the holidays. Hope you get some time to relax and enjoy.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a pretty good BootCamp class last night. Katy was gone but we had a different instructor, so different format but she made it good. This a.m. was BULK Legs and tonight I might go to Insane-X.

Thelma: Way to score the punching bag!! Even if you can’t use it for a while. Great job getting in your low impact cardio too. CONGRATS on the yearly review with a raise and bonus!! Beyond well deserved lady. Countdown to time off for you! YAY. Thank you for kudos on the workouts. Appreciate that.

Laurie: Fabulous job with the KCM Circuit Burn pre-mix! Such a great workout. Glad to hear your neck is feeling better today. Maybe just strained it slightly or slept on it wrong. Thanks to you as well for kudos on the workouts …. Really trying to kick it back into “my old self” gear again. That’s good that the new boss situation causes you zero “anx”. Funny you train them. Why aren’t you the big boss? LOL So funny on the cookies. Our creative designs became slopping on frosting and calling it good.

Laurel: I’m with you on the shaky legs this a.m. We did a lot of legs last night that were different moves, so I was really feeling it this am. Great job following it up with Spinning. I think that just helps loosen them up, even through the “fi-ya”. I haven’t made any progress on my legs for quite a while and I have Hawaii coming up so this will be my motivation for the 2x a week forsure!! My DH gets the tree up and lights on and then that’s it. I decorate. He did say last night that FORSURE this weekend unless we put it up one night this week. We have a function tomorrow night though so I would say most likely Saturday. Love your cookie making memory as well.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Athletic Conditioning Vol 1 W1 and Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 Barefoot Cardio Core. I think I'm going to be feeling the core work tomorrow, I'm feeling it right now. That is what surprises me about Jessica's workouts. They are not difficult, but she somehow sneaks exercises in that work the core good.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and that you have your spin option back in play. I always love the titles of those live workouts, they sound fun. If you are coming in mid-day you will be fine for traffic in MKE, it will be fairly light. Rush hour around here is always the worst time frame, and even that isn't bad compared to Chicago all day. :D Spritz cookies are so so good. That is one that the girls always enjoyed "helping" me with. You get to use the fancy cookie press and change the design. :D I'm hoping to relax a little on Friday, but I'm sure that I will be running somewhere that day.

Tami, Nice job on the workout and your classes. I think it may have been the way I was sleeping, but I'm really glad that it is gone. LOL, that is one thing I will never be is the boss. I love being in a position that is support, but every new boss has a learning curve. They start out trying to control the budget, and then just let me do it. I find it funny. I tend to do the same design with the same cookie, and my dd's get mad at me. They say all Christmas Trees don't need to be green. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Definitely feeling the workouts this week. :o I suppose that is a good thing, though I wasn’t saying that as I got out of bed this morning. :# But once I got moving, I felt better and had a fun workout. I did Bulk Shoulders followed by the core work from Cathe Live Butts and Guts. And for cardio I did Party Rockin’ Step 2 60 minutes premix. Later I hope to get out and rake some leaves. It should have been done two weeks ago.....but we had more pressing things to take care of, like unpacking. :) But it is time to get them off the grass now.

Tami, glad you enjoyed the Bootcamp class even with a different instructor. I had forgotten you are going to Hawaii!! That is this spring, right? Boy, if there is somebody who needs a fantastic vacation right now it is you. I am so glad you have that to look forward to. DH and I are going to try to get our cancelled Hawaii vacation in next fall.....but I will believe that when it gets here. B)

Laurie, great workouts. I love that Jessica workout. Now that I am back to something of a more normal routine, I hope to start spending more time with those Jessica workouts. Like you said, her workouts never come across as brutal.....but they sure do sneak up on you. Love that about her. I actually have the cookie press my mom used when we made spritz in my childhood if you can believe that. It must be over 50 years old now. I haven’t used it yet since I brought it home from her house right before she passed, but I am thinking it might be fun for DH and I one weekend to do this year. I just love the flavor of a good spritz cookie!

Thelma, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, a quick hello just to let you know I'm alive. I've only done cardio for the last two days. I won't be able to workout tomorrow because we're taking a co-worker out to celebrate his retirement.
    Great news! Our loan got conditional approval. We uploaded the w2s they asked for tonight so hopefully, that will be all the paperwork they need.

Laurie, glad your neck is feeling better. I also think you slept in a bad position. you really are busy with all that baking and cooking. Thank God the engineers don't get into potlucks or stuff like that. We just want to be left alone. LOL. I did see some people in the office carrying slow cookers and trays with food though.

Thanks for congratulating me on my review. Glad you counted how many work days you had left in the year! I have 5 more! I searched for Ulta Salons in Blue Ridge but they don't have them. The closest one I found was 1 hour away!
    Keep up the good work with your workouts!

Laurel, awesome workouts as always!
    I am excited about the punching bag. There was a kickboxing workout program that used one of those bags a few years ago. I'll have to find it because it looked like a lot of fun. So glad you can retire your multi-disk DVD player! I still love mine and someone in town gave one away last year so I have a backup! LOL Glad to hear you have ATT but Blue Ridge doesn't have U-Verse! Looks like we'll be stuck with Direct TV for cable. We do have whole house DVR with Verizon and we do like that too.
    did you feel the earthquake TN had the other day? Glad you didn't get hit with that snow storm!

Tami, fabulous workouts! I'm glad you liked the BC class and instructor!
    Thanks for the congrats!! I'm so excited about that punching bag!
    So looking forward to my time off!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Total Body, another good workout. You can really go heavy on this one. I added on 30MTF Body Design Weighted Kickboxing. Today is our department potluck, and I'm sure that I will eat way to much. So will probably have something light tonight. :D I'm off tomorrow also, so this is my Friday.

Laurel, I totally understand that getting out of bed feeling after you have had a hard week of workouts. When Saturday rolls around, you will be wanting that good stretch. I'm going to try out the Deep Stretch from the WS3 series. I have not tried that one yet, but it sounds like it will do the trick with a name like that. Great job on your workouts, and now you reminded me that I have not done the Butts & Gutts workout in a long long time. That one is so good. I hope that you and your DH have a chance to use the press, I'm sure that it will bring back some great memories.

Thelma, Awesome news on the loan approval process. Awesome job on getting in workouts, that is what counts. Doesn't matter if it is just cardio. Around here the engineers are eating all the time, or they are making home brewed beer. :D I don't mind the potluck's, we only have them once a year. It is nice to get all the guys together and congratulate ourselves on a job well done for the year.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well, the raking turned into a nightmare yesterday. Three hours, 15 bags of leaves and a very sore back.....and the yard looks the same. :o:'( But at least I tried. If I had it in me, I would head out there again today. But I don’t have it in me. :D Could be my workout this morning because, despite being sore and tired, I decided to challenge myself. I started with Bulk Arms, which is my favorite in the series. My arms were feeling very tired though from the raking, so I did have to take some of the weights down a bit. For cardio, I decided to do a play on my HiiT Trifecta.....which is when I put together the three Shock Cardio HiiT workouts into one workout. Today I chose three different HiiT workouts and combined them into one. I started with RWH Plyo HiiT One into F/S Mixed Impact Cardio into RWH Low Impact HiiT. This was tough! But I loved the variety in it. Tomorrow will be a much lighter day, though, that’s for sure.

Thelma, thanks for checking in. Congratulations on the loan approval! I know I felt a huge sense of relief when that stage was met in the whole process. Such good news. We didn’t feel the earthquake here at all. I was surprised how close it was....but we felt nothing. You will have to let me know how you like Direct TV. We are going to stick with ATT for awhile, but if it continues to be so finicky, we may have to change. I will be curious how you like Direct TV.

Laurie, happy Friday-early! Hope you enjoy your potluck. I haven’t done that WS3 workout yet. Glad you enjoyed it and it sounds like it may be another versatile Jessica workout. Hope you enjoy the Deep Stretch. I have done that one and enjoyed it. It is a very thorough but pretty basic stretch routine, which I like. I think I will be reaching for her Yoga for Back Pain on Saturday since that one seems to work best when my body feels particularly tired. Or maybe Eoin Finn and his Magically Hips if I have more time. But, boy, whatever I do is going to feel good after this week.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Yesterday in the a.m. I did BULK Arms and no Spinning last night. We went to a fundraiser for the local Junior College Athletic program. We did that last year with the same table of people. Lots of fun. This a.m. was BULK Shoulders. We had a nice snowy morning today and now it is warming up to slush.

Group question: Do any of you have an Instant Pot? I have been thinking about getting one. Feel like it would come in handy ……. vs. my CrockPot that I don’t use very often because it kind of dries things out (sadly) and thought I would.

Thelma: Thanks for checking in and HUGE congrats on the loan approval. Always a stressful process but you guys will be in the homestretch soon. YAY. Good job getting in what you can the last few days on the workouts! Excellent.

Laurie: Way to go with the Jessica WS3 Total Body workout! I’m still intrigued by that set but due to my already over powering collection of DVDs it would have to go on sale for me to buy it I think. LOL Sounds so good. I hope you enjoy that stretch workout on Saturday. Hope you enjoyed the potluck and of course your days off as well!!!!

Laurel: Way to go on the BULK workouts and your added on amazing cardio workouts!!!! WHOA. Your leaf raking sounds like threading a string without a not on the end ….. dang it. But yes, I am sure you made a dent in the pile forsure. I bet your body is feeling it from all the amazing workouts and the raking. Our trip is actually the first week of February, so it is coming up pretty soon now. I am really looking forward to it forsure. Hope I can breathe in that beautiful sunshine and flowery smell that I imagine Hawaii to be like.

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! TGIF for tomorrow.
    This week has felt really long to me. :/ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Rapid Fire Legs and Core followed by Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks. I am so looking forward to a break tomorrow, but it has felt really good this week to push my body a little. It needed it.

Tami, great workouts! I am glad you enjoyed your evening out. I am not a big fan of slush, that’s for sure. I like rain and snow, but that in between stuff.....not so much. You perfectly described how my raking excursion felt on Wednesday. I better get used to it though......or hire lawn care. :D I don’t have an instant pot simply because I feel I already have too many kitchen gadgets I don’t use enough. But I am intrigued by it. Hope Thelma and Laurie can provide some insight for both of us. I am sorry about the long week. Hope you get some time to relax this weekend and do something you enjoy.

Thelma and Laurie, enjoy the weekend!

See you Monday.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Just finished with Michelle Dozois Sweat & Burn and Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. It was nice to get in an extra long cardio session. I like the Boogie IT, but I think that was because it was an add on for me.

Laurel, Awesome job on that combo of HiiT workouts, I'm guessing that you are going to be enjoying this option for quite some time. I'm sure that there are thousands of combos that you can create with the On Demand. Wow on all the leaves, do you have a lot of trees in your yard? I can imagine that you where tired after all of that. Hope that you get in a good long stretch tomorrow, it sounds like your body will really need it after pushing your body so hard this week. Oh yes Eoin is a great option for those hips, you have been working the legs pretty hard this week too.

Tami, Great job on those workouts, and your spinning. To bad about the slush, we have fog right now. I LOVE my Instant Pot, you can cook in it just like on your stove. One of the things that I love cooking in it is rice, it comes out perfect. I think the only thing that it can't do is grill. :D One of the web pages to look at for recipes is Skinnytaste. She uses the Instant Pot in quite a few of her recipes. I just bought her new cookbook, and I'm planning on trying one recipe per week in the new year. The potluck was good, and surprisingly there was a nice variety of food.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in before the weekend! This a.m. was 21DFX Extreme Legs and tonight I will go to Spinning. I am also doin the Spin for Tots with my friend tomorrow a.m. at 7-8 and then we will go out for coffee. It is our Saturday to meet up anyway, so that will be fun.

Laurel: Excellent job on your workouts this week! I am enjoying the BB rotation. Thank you for being in it together, always provides good accountability .... which is what I am needing right now. lol

Laurie: Great job with the Sweat & Burn along with WS Boogie. Thank you for the insta pot info. I may truly consider it. IT is on SALE at Costco right now.

Have a great weekend ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. I had an OK weekend because DH had to work all weekend as in day and night! Poor thing must be exhausted!
    Thanks for being happy for us and the loan. We are close to getting the approval. The conditional approval meant almost there but we still need more paperwork. Hopefully this week we will the approval.
    I have 3 work days left this year! I can't wait!

Laurie, terrific job with your workouts! I hope your job's potluck was a lot of fun.

Laurel, fabulous workouts! Great job! OMG, with those leaves! You need a leaf blower. Are your neighbors raking? Are their leaves blowing into your yard? If you don't have a fence I'm sure that is what is happening. Not fun!
    Glad you didn't feel the earthquake but I'm not happy it was so close to GA and AL though. I will let you know how we like Direct TV.

Tami, you too are doing a wonderful job keeping up with the workouts!

I had to get an Instant Pot because of Gina of the Skinnytaste lady! You really can do anything you want in that pot. I like that you can sautee right in it. If you get one watch out for the sales on Amazon.com.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I did the Deep Stretch from Walk Strong 3, and it did feel really good. Sunday morning was Fit Split Bootcamp / Legs & Glutes. This morning was X-Train Bi's & Tri's. See how this goes, with doing the FitSplit & XTrain. I haven't really tried out the FitSplit workouts, so this should be a good way to try it out.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, and spin. Sounds like a good way to raise $, get your exercise in and have some time with your friend. I think that you would really enjoying having the pot, it would come in hand during the summer for sure.

Thelma, Dang on your DH having to work the weekend, I'm sure that he will enjoy the time off for Christmas though. Only a few more formalities before you have a new home.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice but busy. More errands to get things to work on the house with and, yesterday, DH finally convinced me to do some holiday baking. My heart just isn’t into it this year, mostly because I don’t want to eat any cookies right now. :# But I am sure our neighbors and his co-workers will appreciate them. I will be baking the next couple of days as well.....but got the toughest cookies to make out of the way yesterday. :)

Saturday I did Eoin Finn’s Magically Hips, and boy did that feel good on my body. Yesterday was Bulk Chest followed by Cathe Live 100 episode. Today was Bulk Back followed by Cathe’s Cardio Fusion workout. I am going heavier this week on the Bulk workouts, and so far it feels pretty good. Still not quite back to where I was but making improvements is nice.

Laurie, great workouts. You are doing some good ones from Jessica and Cathe. Hope you enjoy the F/S cardio. My favorite is the Mixed Impact workout with my least favorite being Shred Cardio. We have a half acre lot and probably 15 fully grown, very tall trees on it. The builder, when putting in these homes, is trying to preserve as many of the trees as possible, which I like.....except when I am raking. :# But I really enjoy living in a new neighborhood without the cookie cutter/no tree landscaping of too many new neighborhoods anymore.

Thelma, sorry to hear your DH had to work all weekend. Hopefully you get some good news this week on the final loan approval. When we moved in, they recommended we get professional lawn care for a year.....and that is what most our neighbors are doing. So the lawn care people come and blow their leaves off their lawns. We just haven’t gotten around to signing up for it yet, but we probably will if only to ensure the grass continues to come in. But it seemed silly to both of us to hire lawn care in December!

Tami, great workouts! Hope you enjoyed the spin and coffee with your friend. Glad you are enjoying the Body Beast workouts. I really am too. It does feel so good to get back to a routine again.

Off to bake. See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Quick check in ladies ~ Saturday was such an awesome day! I feel so good when I hang out with my friend Carly. We did the Spinning for Tots for an hour, went to this super fun and healthy juice bar/breakfast lunch place and then did some power shopping all by 10 AM! The rest of my weekend was pretty productive but no tree. DH’s back is hurting still and so, well it just didn’t happen. Sounds like we are going to the in-laws for Christmas anyway, so I think it will be ok. I did bake some cookies for my sister yesterday, putting together a box of goodies, cards and misc. to send this week. Keeping it light and “emotion” free other than fun things for her.

Yesterday I combined BULK Chest and Back, knowing 99.9% of the time I don’t make my 4:30 wake-up on Monday’s anymore. :( So felt good about that. Today will be BootCamp after work.

Great workouts ladies! I will check in better tomorrow. The day just got away from me.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I actually had time for a little cardio just so I could move and stretch my body. DH's hard work paid off and got tlots of kudos for a job well done. What a relief! I was so worried their users would encounter technical issues.
    Two more work days left for me this year! Still waiting on the formal loan approval.

Laurie, great workouts! You'll love FitSplit. I hope DH manages to relax during the Xmas holiday. He is a bit of a workaholic.

Laurel, awesome workouts! Sorry your DH convincned you to bake because it is hard to resist the temptation to eat the cookies. I'm sure your neighbors and your DH co-workers will appreciate them. How many neighbors will you be baking for? I won't have any neighors nearby so it will be hard to meet people. Hopefully we'll get to meet the neighbors who move into the two new houses up the road from us. There was a time when I wanted to be isolated from neighbors, but now that I know I'll be home alone I am hoping I can find a way to meet people.
    Makes sense to hire a lawn service. I think it's this time of the year when you need to make sure the lawn gets the proper care so it will grow in the spring.

Tami, glad you had a great time with your friend and even managed time to go power shopping! Great job with the Bulk workout!
    Sorry you guys didn't get to set up a tree. I'm too lazy to do it so when I saw these Christmas decorations I laughed pretty hard. My favorite was the tree with real pine scent
    https://www.therichest.com/buzz/people-lazy-christmas-decorating/

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was FitSplit Mixed Impact Cardio and Bonus Abs (the ab workout is tough). I was okay with this cardio workout, it will probably get better the next time I do it. This was the first time I have done that workout, so I'm sure that once I get used to the moves it will be fine. Had to take some of the moves down to low impact, just didn't want to do to much to the knee with all those hops.

Laurel, Glad to hear that the yoga workout was a good one. Great job on the workouts, and going heavy with the weights. I'm going to try going up on the weight workouts each week on these XTrain workouts. Thanks for letting me know your favs for the cardio workouts on the F/S ones. It looks like the Shred Cardio is next week, so we will see how it goes. If I do the combo of weights with the F/S workout, I'm going to do the weight work first. I should have done that with the BB/L&G workout. Not that I didn't get a good leg workout in, but I don't think that I could go has heavy as I normally do. I want to try using my weighted vest for that leg workout also. That is a lot of trees, that explains you being so tired and still not being finished raking up those leaves. :o

Tami, Great job on the spinning and your workouts this weekend. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time with your friend. What a great way to spend time with her. Dang on the tree, but it is totally understandable if your DH is having issues with his back. All of the things that you are getting for your sister sound wonderful. It has been really hard for me to get things for DH this year. All the things that he wants are items that I purchase on a daily basis. I told him that my heart was not into the items he wanted this year. I know they are things that he needs, but he can purchase them on his own for doing his car things. I found some Oldsmobile related items that he should really like, and he isn't expecting to get. ;) I like to have some surprise involved.

Thelma, I think that you are looking forward to your time off just as much as I am. It is really hard to be at work this week. I just have to make sure that everything is done before I leave. Very nice that your DH received kudos for the hard work that he put in this past weekend. It will be interesting incorporating XTrain and F/S workouts. I don't think that I would have enjoyed just doing the F/S workouts alone, so this way I get some good weight work done also. Hope you hear some good news shortly on the loan.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Legs followed by Cathe Live Hit The Road, which is a pretty fun spin glass. My legs are feeling it, that’s for sure!

Tami, so glad you had a nice day on Saturday! Sounds like a lot done by 10am. :o Sorry you didn’t get your tree up, but look at it this way.....you won’t have to take it down. :);) I am glad you are going to your in-laws for the holiday. Sounds like a wonderful gift for your sister.

Thelma, yay for having some more time for you. I am glad your DHs project turned out well. We only have two neighbors right now, though there is another house on the block that is vacant and one they are just finishing up that is sold. But both our neighbors welcomed us to the neighborhood....one bringing freshly made bread on Thanksgiving morning! So this is the least we can do, that’s for sure. I bet you find in your neighborhood that your new neighbors will reach out to you as well.

Laurie, great workout. Isn’t that core work tough!! Glad you were able to modify the cardio to make it work for you. I will caution you that Shred Cardio is really high impact. Cathe uses an 8” step, I have used both 6” and 4”. But there is a lot of double leg jumps on and off the step on that one. I just want you to know that before going in so you have some idea of how to modify in your mind....and don’t spend the morning wanting to strangle Cathe! :D;) I definitely prefer doing weights before cardio any more.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders. Always a good workout. Only a half day of work for me today, we are going out to wish my old boss fond farewell. ;) Nice way to end the work year.

Laurel, Great job on the leg workout and spin, I'm sure that your legs where feeling that. With this rotation tomorrow is suppose to be a spin DVD, but of course I will not have that. I'm going to dust off the elliptical, so that should be a good way to get in a good steady state workout. Thank you for the information on Shred Cardio, I'm planning on doing it on a 4" step. I'm going to preview it also, just to make sure that I have the low impact option in my head before I start. I know that Cathe does show the low impact in some cases, but it usually isn't until after the first pass thru. I plan on doing a lot of step ups and v-steps instead of jumping onto the step. :D It makes the workout so much more fun when I can take if down to my level, instead of trying to keep up with Cathe.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was one of those days that I, happily, would have never gotten out of bed. So it was a struggle to convince myself to workout, but, as usual, I ended up with a good workout and feel much better now. Today was Bulk Shoulders followed by a cardio combo of X10 Low Impact and Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT Circuit. Good stuff.

Laurie, that is one of my favorite workouts. I mentioned to Tami last week that I am toying with another STS rotation early next year and have seriously been considering substituting in those XTrain workouts (Discs 1 and 2) in place of the Meso 1 upper body workouts. I am still undecided, but I have some huge dread factor with Meso 1 workouts....and no dread factor with those XTrain workouts. So XTrain may win out in the end because, like you, I want some sense of enjoyment in my workouts. I think you have a great plan for Shred Cardio. It is a good workout, for sure. Just not easy on the joints. Enjoy the elliptical tomorrow. And enjoy your last day of work in 2018!!!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel