Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today was the last day in Phase 2 of P90X2. Yay!!! I have such a love/hate thing with this program. I am so happy I am doing it again (thank you again, Laurie), but some of these workouts are just not enjoyable for me. I love the results, though. See.......love/hate! Anyhow, I started the day with the tricep work from STS Disc 13, then did X2 Base and Back. For cardio, I did Cross Fire Extreme premix.

Tami, congratulations on your two year anniversary! Hard to believe it has been two years since all that mess with your previous employer. I am so happy this job worked out for you, and they appreciate what you do. So very nice. I watched all the clips of the new workouts yesterday. They look good! It almost looks like she has taken some of the moves from ICE and made them more advanced or used heavier weights. I like that very much! They look like really high energy workouts as well. Can't wait to get them and piece together a rotation with them. It is hard to tell what they would blend with best right now, but these do look like pretty intensive strength routines.....so probably mostly cardio. The wheels are already turning!!

Laurie, love the color of that carpeting! We went a little light on ours because we also have darker wood floors (darker than yours), and I didn't want the house to be dark. And since we don't have kids or pets.......I didn't think it would be a problem. And even though I never wear my workout shoes outside......the 'dirt' really shows where I do my cardio. We have cleaned that room three times already but it is just a mess. Definitely think a color like yours would be better. But that is years down the road....if ever in this house. Anyhow, great job with the yoga! Sounds like a good sub for X2 Yoga. I looked at some reviews to get reacquainted with the PAP workouts. Like I said before, the warm-ups are completely different than for the rest of the program. I am going to do them at least once just to see if they are worth doing at all. PAP Lower Body is 62 minutes long, but according to the review I read, 26 minutes of that is warm-up and stretch. :o That seems excessive.....to say the least. PAP Upper is 10 minutes shorter, but I don't know how much of that is not actual workout time. Anyhow.....final phase!! Amazing we are three weeks away from completion!

Thelma, hope you are enjoying your last days with your aunts.

Becky, hope you had a good week!

See you Monday.

Laurel
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hi Ladies - This past week, I was able to get disks 15, 16 and 17 complete along with yoga and tabata/pilates classes. I am so excited as to how much stronger my back is becoming. I have never really focused on my back (just what Power Hour did and Slow and Heavy). My swimming always took care of my back workouts, too. Because of this, my back has always been a little more tender, so I would do squats with a ball on the wall to help stabilize back muscles. I am doing all of the STS workouts without a ball and I can really tell how much stronger it is becoming. Yoga has also increased my strength with my spine. WOOOHOOOO!

Tami - Congrats on your volleyball win today (saw your post in your thread earlier). And fabulous job on your workouts. Your Insane X-Class sounds exactly like the name......INSANE. Like you said, I am probably stronger than I realize, but the idea of doing a "Katy" workout still scares me......would like to find a bootcamp class like yours and try it. I haven't seen the new "Strong and Sweaty" clips from Cathe.....I'll check out her website after this. Congrats on your 2 year work anniversary, too.

Laurel - I am so impressed how you change workouts every day within the same workout (STS disk 15 just for Triceps, then go into another workout for another body part, then go into cardio from another disk). You must have the workouts memorized to know which ones to go to. Great job on being consistent and really taking care of yourself. Congrats on finishing phase 2 of P90X! WOOOHOOO!

Laurie - Fabulous job on your workouts. I haven't seen you post much about running and saw that you mentioned it. Are you a runner or just once in awhile? Maybe I have been incredibly blind and you've mentioned this several times, but I am apparently just noticing it now. :D I am so glad you like the carpet - it is hard to tell if you will like a full house of it based off of a sample. From the picture, it looks really nice (and I love the fireplace and Rocket in the picture). You are right in that I will have to purchase more weights (that is so exciting to say!).

Thelma - Great job getting Kickboxing in, ICE Total Body Metabolic workout and all your other ones in. Don't worry about the 3 lb gain.....you can lose it. I know you can do it. Holidays are so hard, especially with family around. Come back to STS.....you know you want to. ;)

Have a great rest of the night - Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. My aunts were gone by Friday morning. The one who lives in Italy left on Thursday and the one who lives in El Salvador Friday morning. We had to get up at 3AM and of course I hardly slept. Not a good combo. I had to work on Friday and by the time I got home I was exhausted. I think I fell asleep before 8PM. On Saturday I did ICE Rockout Knockout Kickboxing and today spinning.

Laurie, good to hear from you! I'm glad you've been able to keep up with your workouts. You sure have been been busy! Sorry about your FIL and MIL! I'm glad you guys like the new carpet. It looks great! Love Rocket's picture!
    I feel like I've gained 10 lbs even though it's just 3 lbs. I love pies. We made one apple pie!
    Coming to the US from other countries means you have to shop till you drop to get all the deals. I like you prefer to have the box with my purchases arrive at my door step.

Laurel, fabulous work with those workouts! Too bad you lost power during your workout but at least you were at the end of your cardio workout! We really should do a group rotation next year!
    I hope I can drop this weight easily Laurel. I feel so sluggish! It is scary how easily one can gain weight!

Tami, awesome workouts and congrats on your 2 year anniversary at work! I can't believe it's been two years! You sure deserve the recognition! Congrats!!

Becky, congrats on your gains from doing STS! Great job! I know I shouldn't worry so much about 3 lbs but it sure feels like 10 lbs in my petite frame. I definitely want to do STS again. I am not sure what I'll do next week but I won't have time for the STS workouts next week due to work.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. My aunts were gone by Friday morning. The one who lives in Italy left on Thursday and the one who lives in El Salvador Friday morning. We had to get up at 3AM and of course I hardly slept. Not a good combo. I had to work on Friday and by the time I got home I was exhausted. I think I fell asleep before 8PM. On Saturday I did ICE Rockout Knockout Kickboxing and today spinning.

Laurie, good to hear from you! I'm glad you've been able to keep up with your workouts. You sure have been been busy! Sorry about your FIL and MIL! I'm glad you guys like the new carpet. It looks great! Love Rocket's picture!
    I feel like I've gained 10 lbs even though it's just 3 lbs. I love pies. We made one apple pie!
    Coming to the US from other countries means you have to shop till you drop to get all the deals. I like you prefer to have the box with my purchases arrive at my door step.

Laurel, fabulous work with those workouts! Too bad you lost power during your workout but at least you were at the end of your cardio workout! We really should do a group rotation next year!
    I hope I can drop this weight easily Laurel. I feel so sluggish! It is scary how easily one can gain weight!

Tami, awesome workouts and congrats on your 2 year anniversary at work! I can't believe it's been two years! You sure deserve the recognition! Congrats!!

Becky, congrats on your gains from doing STS! Great job! I know I shouldn't worry so much about 3 lbs but it sure feels like 10 lbs in my petite frame. I definitely want to do STS again. I am not sure what I'll do next week but I won't have time for the STS workouts next week due to long days at work.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice relaxing weekend, and we got snow yesterday. Rocket was running around, making circles in the snow. Friday I did Base & Back, Saturday was my day off, and Sunday started ph3 PAP Lower Body. This one is interesting, and I'm really glad that it is different. It certainly was very similar to Cathe's workouts, but the warm-up was to long. 14 min. and then into band stretching. This wasn't a complicated workout, but having to do each exercise 4 times may get a little old. I'm glad that we are only doing them for three weeks. :D This morning was 30MTF Cardio Quick Fix Workout 2.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts. I too probably would have chucked these workouts if you had not been doing them with me. This lower body workout is pretty good, and I will be interested to see what Cathe workouts you incorporate with it. I can see so many of her lower body workouts that are so similar, and probably better IMO. :D I too read some of the reviews to get me in the right frame of mind, and when I read the Parrots review, I though I wouldn't be walking around this morning. I think Cathe really got me prepped for this type of lower body work. Will see how the upper body one goes tonight, I'm thinking that one is going to be the killer. We had a lighter carpet also, so I understand about the dirt.

Becky, Awesome job working your way through those STS workouts. I think that a gift to yourself, will be additional weights for finishing the rotation. :D Very nice that your back is so much stronger. I will run on an occasional basis. It is more like when I'm in the mood to run. I don't enjoy running when it his hot out, and really enjoy running when it is chilly/cold. Will not run when it is windy, I have done that in the past and that was not fun running into the wind. ;) My DH has been setting up Christmas in our house (this is a process, with many many trees), and Rocket is not enjoying the Santa's. He keeps barking at them, or getting right in the face to make sure they are not going to get him. :D

Thelma, Glad to hear that your Aunts are back home, and I'm guessing safe in their homes. It was very nice of you to go shopping with them, and you are right, you need to get those deals when you can. Great job on the kickboxing workout (my fav), and the spinning. I'm surprised that I have been keeping up with these workouts, they have been trying at times. :D I will be very glad to get my Strong and Sweaty workouts at the end of this. I didn't realize that I will be finished with this rotation, and we should have the workouts by the time this ends. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We had a nice one. DH actually talked me into driving across the state at 5:00am yesterday to participate in a golf tournament with his dad! :o I am not the most confident or capable of golfers (by a wide margin), so I can't believe I agreed, especially since we were going to be golfing with another man who none of us knew....which always gets me because I am also a shy golfer. :) But, boy, was it fun! And the funny news is I actually carried the team for quite a few holes!! My FIL kept thanking me for being there and saving them all from abject humiliation. It was funny. So it was worth the early morning and long drive yesterday. It also helped that the weather was postcard perfect for it.

So since we were gone yesterday and there was no time to workout, I did my 'Sunday' workout in Saturday. I did X2 PAP Lower and, for cardio, Cathe's Greatest Hits Intervals and Circuit premix. Today's workout started with Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps into PAP Upper Body. For cardio, I did Cathe's original IMAX. Still love that workout!

Becky, yay on the back strength!! That is so important, and I love that you are seeing that from all your workouts. I have had so many back problems in my life but, anymore, when I injure myself, I am down for a day or two.....not a week or two like I used to be. I definitely credit my workouts and weight loss for that. Thank you for the compliments! I do like changing things up, that's for sure. I have workout ADD! :p I also have a quirky memory. I can't remember to do the simplest of daily activities at times......but I could probably tell you the length of most of Cathe's workouts off the top of my head. Go figure....because why I know stuff like that.....no clue. It's not like I tried to learn it! Oh well.

Thelma, I bet this weekend was a mixed blessing of missing your aunts and getting some time to rest. I never do well with those 3:00am wake ups (like yesterday), so, like you, I have a tendency to just not sleep. Great job getting your workouts in after all that. Hope regular eating gets rid of that sluggish feeling.

Laurie, your impression of the PAP workouts mirrors mine. I have been reading reviews and everybody talks about how tough they are. But I suppose Cathe just hits all the aspects included in PAP in her various workouts so putting them together into one just isn't as tough for those of us who do Cathe workouts. That being said, doing PAP Upper this morning after Pure Strength was tough!! The first complex in PAP Upper includes some tougher upper body moves that really pushed my shoulders to the extreme. The second complex wasn't as bad. So I am not sure if that was a good idea or not. We'll see how my shoulders feel tomorrow. The first time I did X2, my favorite leg combo was doing PAP Lower with LIS Lower Body Trisets. They really complement each other well, and, combined, it is about an hour (maybe 65 minutes with the stretch from LIS Lower Body Trisets). I will definitely be doing that combination once or twice over these three weeks. I like these PAP workouts but, like you, three weeks is enough! I probably will try to combine LIS Upper Body Trisets with PAP Upper one week out of these three because I think they might go well together too. I have never done that combo.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ladies ~ Sounds like you all had a nice weekend! Sorry I missed you Friday. Kind of a busy day and had to run out at lunch; we also had our Christmas Party for work right after, which through off some deadlines because we had to set-up different areas for the food arrival. It was very nice, right here at the office. Weekend went by WAY to fast. I did a good workout on Sat. a.m. Cathe To The Max and then yesterday a.m. I played in the 2nd Annual Holly Jolly V-ball tourney. We won …. 2nd year in a row! It was fun; we started out playing terrible in our first game but ended up winning and then seemed to warm-up the more the day went by. By the time I got home it was already 2:00 and had to shower up, run some errands and get ready for the week. Today’s workout will be BootCamp right after work.

Laurel: Congrats on finishing up Phase 2 of X2 the other day. Sounds like you ended it with a bang for your Combo. Yowsa! Thanks for the congrats on my 2 years at my job. I can hardly believe it myself and I am also so grateful and happy that it worked out for me as well. That was awful at the end of the other. I love that your wheels are already turning on about a good rotation with the new Cathe workouts!! Yay. Sounds like your golf tournament was a huge success, that is so great Laurel. I am happy you went and did so well. What a fun time with your FIL. Sounds like you got in another incredible combo of workouts today as well. Way to go!

Laurie: Sounds like a nice weekend! We have had some skiffs of snow, but nothing sticking down low; supposed to get some this week, so we will see. The mountains are getting covered and ski hills are opening up, so its all around us forsure. Congrats on your new carpet …. Loved the picture you posted the other day. Looks so nice. Cute little Rocket too. Glad you guys like it so much. Good job persevering through your X2 program, proud of you! I bet your shorter misc. workouts in the a.m. are a nice add-on for you right now.

Becky: I am so happy to hear you are feeling the benefits of STS already with your incredible strength gains! That is what it is all about and of course keeps you motivated as well! Yay, so happy for you. It does take a little bit of craziness to keep going back to Katy’s classes forsure, but for the most part (minus the days she has us run so much) I feel really good about completing them. LOL I think new weights to your Santa List will be a great reward for your success!

Thelma: What an early wake-up to take your Aunts to the airport! YOWSA. I bet you were very tired when you got home that evening. I am sure you are missing them right now, but so grateful you had that time with them. Good job getting in ICE Rockout Knockout and Spinning over the weekend. Thank you for the kudos on my 2 years as well! Feels really good to be with such a great group of people.

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your day/evening, talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I have to admit that Tony gave me some good DOMS this morning with the Upper Body PAP workout. :D I really enjoyed this one, more so than the lower body. This morning I did 30MTF Slim Sculpting, which is kettlebell work in cardio form. I thought that lifting the kb would be bad for the upper body, but it did the trick to loosen up those sore muscles.

Laurel, The golf outing sounds like it was a lot of fun, and congrats on getting the team out of some sticky messes, ;) Oh my goodness on your workouts, they really where some tough ones. I was hesitant to add in heavy weight work, since I have not tried these workouts yet. Hope that you are not to sore this morning from doing the PS workout. The Trisets sounds like it would be a great way to compliment these workouts, I will have to try them out, even if it is one of the premixes for upper. I'm going to keep doing the 30MTF for my morning routine, they are usually perfect for time constraints.

Tami, Very busy weekend for you, and congrat to you and your team on the vb win. That is a very long day though, so good thing that it ended so well. :D We will be having our pot luck party tomorrow, and I still have not decided what to make. I forgot to take a pic of the recipe that I thought of, so will probably have to go back to the store when I get home. :# Great workout with To The Max, and hope your Boot Camp class was a good one. I think that today a lot of our snow is going to melt, that is what happens with before Christmas snow. I'm just hoping that there is something around Christmas, it just is so pretty to walk around the neighborhood at night with all the lights. I love the morning routines, it helps keep me focused.

Thelma & Becky, Hope your day is going great.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another day of not feeling like my scheduled yoga. :/ I think I may just have to accept that yoga will be there for me in the new year when my mind shuts back down a bit. Today, once again, I opted to work my legs instead.....this time with Pure Strength Legs. Love that workout! For cardio, I did X65.

Tami, sounds like a good but busy weekend. Congratulations on the volleyball win! That sounds like fun. I'm glad I went and played in that golf tournament as well. I need to push myself out of my box every now and again. It seems when DH was in the AF, I was always being pushed out of my comfort zone. Now.....not so much. So this was a fun way of doing something just a little different than normal. Wish we were getting snow!! :'( Well....not really. ;) But today we have some clouds and rain which has me in the mood to bake Christmas cookies (which I promised to do for some of DH's students). It looks cool outside....but it's 85! I think I would prefer cooler for a day of baking. :#

Laurie, glad you enjoyed PAP Upper. My shoulders were fine today, but they were screaming yesterday during those isolation planks in that first complex!! But they were good today, even for all that X65 shoulder work.....so I will probably keep doing that kind of combo. I, too, prefer the upper body workout to the lower because it just seems more effective. Sounds like you have a great combo with your morning workouts to push through this last bit of P90X2!

Thelma and Becky, hope you are well.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s BootCamp was a good one. We did 90 seconds of a weighted workout right into a minute of cardio, repeat 3 times, no rest in between until 3 rounds were done; 30 second rest, then on to another body part for the same format. Chest, Shoulders, Bi’s, Tri’s some squat presses as well. This a.m. was STS Chest/Shoulders/Bi’s, I should have maybe switched it up to legs and upper tomorrow, but it was good. Katy’s format is definitely different from STS, so it was good. Tonight I am headed to Insane-X.

Laurie: Sounds like the PAP workout did its job if you were feeling some DOMS. Glad you liked it as well. Great job getting in your Slim Sculpting this a.m. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts and VB win! It was fun and after all day of being there we were glad to take home the WIN. I hope your potluck was fun and whatever you brought was a hit!

Laurel: What a combo you did today!!!! WOW-SA, I would have been dying at the end of all that. Way to go. I’m glad you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone on the golf day, always good for us once and a while and it sounds like it payed off for you nicely! 85?!?!?! We are at 25 today and going down into the teens for the next week. I can see why it doesn’t feel real Christmas-ey with those temps and baking. I know you always do your annual cookies though so it will be fun once you get into it I am sure ….. turn on the A/C! LOL

Hi Thelma & Becky ~ :smile:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hi Ladies - Yesterday, I was able to sneak away from work and get a bikram yoga class in. Today was disk 18 of STS (biceps/back). My boys started flag football this week. Brett has practice Mon/Fri and Josh has practice T/Th, so I'll be adding in 60-90 minute walks 4 days a week, too. Last night was a 60 minute walk and we are headed to Josh's practice soon. I am not sure I will make it the full 90 minutes.....little tired from this morning's workout. :)

Tami - The format of yesterday's bootcamp sounds really good. I might try that at the gym. What a great combo of workouts these past several days. Great job on winning the vball tournament, too. That is fantastic! Is volleyball over now? If so, is there a new season starting soon, or do you have a break from it?

Laurel - I love your golf story......great job on going and helping to carry the team! The workout you described in that post had me acting like a teenage girl........OMG! (Envision hands on my hips as I say that) Wow....fantastic job. If you weren't tired or sore after that, then you need to do the Crossfit games and teach those kids how it's really done. ;) You had me laughing out loud with "workout ADD". That exactly describes you......it's perfect. The back strength is definitely helping me sleep better. I used to wake up and have to re-adjust everything because my lower back was in an awkward position.....that is rare now.

Laurie - Wonderful job on your workouts. I looked up "PAP" workout, and it looks pretty good. One website was showing some jumping moves that looked quite intense. Does your workout incorporate these jump moves?
    https://kofitness2010.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/need-a-new-workout-try-pap-post-activation-potentiation-training/
    Your kettle bell workout sounds like a good one......I am thinking of buying one for me. I've only done a few exercises with them, but not a full routine.
    Ok...you had me laughing about Rocket barking at Santa......too funny. My dogs keep wrestling, and they end up under the tree which means ornaments fly everywhere. Dang dogs......but I love them.

Thelma - Great job on getting kickboxing and spinning in. That completely makes sense that 3 lbs feels like 10lbs. My mom is petite, and a 3-5 lb gain for her is a lot. But, I know you will drop it and feel better. I am so glad your time with your aunts went well. I hope they got home safe.

Have a great rest of the night.
    Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I forgot to hit the POST REPLY button last night! Monday's workout was RWH Legs and tonight RWH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with Bonus Abs 2. I found a 6 week RWH rotation that looks awesome and decided it is what I needed now. If anyone wants to do it I've turned it into a nice table. I've added workout timings too. There were two workouts I didn't have so I substituted them for two I have. I didn't have Party Rockin' Step 2 so I used Party Rockin' Step 1. I substituted To the Max with Kick Max. I haven't been good in the diet department today and tomorrow given that we had a party at work and there was food and cake. I ate little though. Tomorrow we'll be at an off site meeting all day day long. Can you say boring? There will be lots of food. At least I'm exercising again.

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rwh-xtrain-and-the-most-recent-new-releases.298723/#post-2375629

We got about one inch of snow on Monday morning and it was a little cold. I actually wore a winter jacket. We may get a little snow tonight into tomorrow morning.
    OMG ladies, I actually messed up my vacation time this year. Somehow I thought I had 2 more days to take and it turns out I have to take 72 hours or I will lose the time. This means I would have to be on vacation till next year starting next Monday! I spoke with my boss and he will let me carry 40 hours into next year. Don't know how I got this so wrong. This is a first for me! I think that bereavement week threw me off. Not that it was fun but like I always say "any day outside of work is a good day" LOL. My last work day this year will be 12/16. Then I'm off till Jan 3.

Laurie, great workouts! Funny about Rocket not liking Santa! LOL. Silly boy!
    We'll be lucky if we put out our little ceramic tree. Can't have a real tree with cats! Sounds like X2 is really hard! I definitely know I couldn't do it. Good job for sticking with it! Can't wait will we get the Strong and Sweaty workouts!

Laurel, that golf game sounds like a lot of fun! Loved that you showed the boys that girls can be good golfers too! LOL. Awesome workouts! Don't worry about the yoga workout. We know we really are not yoga girls. The exception is now Becky.
    I miss my aunts but boy did I welcome the time to rest on Saturday! I didn't have to entertain anyone and I actually could sleep in! I had to set up the alarm every day to get up early to be with them. I definitely felt less sluggish today. Every year we have to get up at 3AM to take my aunt to the airport and it never fails that I don't sleep!

Tami, great workouts this weekend and congrats on winning the V-ball tourney!
    It wasn't fun getting up at 3AM let me tell you!

Becky, awesome workouts and so good that you'll be able to add those long walks during your boys' practice sessions! WOW! Congrats on fixing your back through exercise!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This is going to be a quick one, because I don't want to just vanish again on all of you. Starting out the day with many things to do before I leave for the day. I didn't get in a workout last night, so no yoga, just like Laurel. :D This morning was 30MTF Weights Workout 1.

Have to get going, hope all of you have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was another day off from X2, so I started my day with the upper body work from Cathe's Max Intensity Strength. I absolutely love that upper body segment and it is made all the better now that I have a barbell. Very good! For cardio, I did Cathe's Intensity with Boot Camp. As you all know, I could do that workout every day because I love it so much!

Tami, I love the sound of that BC class, but I would imagine your arms were feeling it with those back-to-back workouts. Sounds like winter has arrived in your part of the country! I heard much of the US was in for a pretty intense cold spell this week. Our high of Friday is only 65. Does that count as a cold spell? :p It actually rained buckets while I was baking yesterday, so I had the Christmas lights on and watched a Christmas movie....and it felt like Christmas......until I walked outside and got hit with a wave of hot humidity. Oh well. The funny thing is I was baking snowball cookies yesterday, and for the first time ever.....they went completely flat!! I told DH they melted in the Florida heat. At least they taste good.....but they don't look nearly as cute as they would if they stayed round. I might try again today.

Thelma, great workouts! That looks like a great rotation!! I might be looking into doing something similar after I am done with X2. I was thinking about an STS/XT rotation, but RWH/XT would be good too. Wow on the vacation time!! What an unexpected Christmas gift! After the last couple of months, I would imagine that time off will be nice.

Becky, looks like your weeks are going to be very busy for awhile. Great idea getting some long walks in while you can during those practices. Thanks again for the compliments, but I think Crossfit would kick me in the booty!! Maybe that would be good.....but some of those moves are crazy! Regarding these PAP workouts, the moves aren't that intense in these P90X2 workouts. The Plyo moves in the leg workout are power lunges and lateral (side-to-side) skater moves. The upper body has Plyo push-ups and medicine ball pikes, which is a core move. So not crazy intense.

Laurie, thanks for checking in! Glad we are on the same wavelength with yoga right now. Makes me feel less guilty about skipping it. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane X was a tough one but I survived! WE did a format we haven’t done in quite a while. 30 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps, 5 reps of a strength/cardio move and while your partner is finishing each round you do box jumps, or burpees, or mtn climbers or sprints. These were the cardio moves in between each repletion of: Wall Balls (HEAVY), Ball toss with partner, KB swings and Candlesticks. For those of you that are familiar with the Cardio Core Circuit workout of Cathe's, this is Laurie's favorite move at the end LOL ..... Katy calls them candlesticks. Today was STS Legs and tonight I will go to Spinning after work.

Becky: Great job getting in your Yoga yesterday and STS!!! Working hard there. Yes, that BC class was a good format forsure. She really does try to change things up a lot for us; unlike a different instructor we used to have. That Volleyball league was considered our “Fall” League and we have a break now until after the New Year then we will have our Winter league and Spring league after that. So we will play with some breaks in between until March/April. 

Thelma: Great job with your workout yesterday!!! Thanks for posting that rotation, it looks awesome and I bet you will have a lot of fun with it. I won’t be able to join you on this due to finishing up this STS rotation and then a week or two of “misc” until my trip. Congrats on the vacation days! I bet that was exciting to learn about. I have to “burn” 3 ½ days between now and my trip and then they were gracious enough to extend 3 other days into next year. So I will use those at the beginning of my time off in January.

Laurel: Another fabulous day in your workout room! Way to go. Yes, my arms were feeling it after the a.m. workout yesterday. The ball throws she had us do were heavy too, which burned. She pairs me with a guy in our class and makes us go heavy! Gotta love her confidence in my strength. LOL Dang it on the cookies. So was that due to humidity then? I’m sure they tasted fine, just looked not as fluffy and “snowflake” like.

Thank for checking in Laurie – hope you had a good day!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I survived the boring offsite. I fell asleep a few times and I drank so much coffee to keep me away and warm because it was freezing in that hotel that eventually turned into a diuretic. Some of us were wearing a fleece jacket, scarfs and our puffy, down coats! I came home and went straight to bed. I took such a good, long nap! I finally made myself get up and go do today's workout which was XT AOLIH. I did a premix which included the ab workout.
    Speaking of yoga ladies, there is a yoga studio about a 5 minute walk from my house. They have what sounds like a beginner's workshop the second Friday of every month. I would love to go but but I don't dare go by myself. I don't know anyone near home I could drag in there with me though.

Laurie, great workout today!

Laurel, great combo today! I wonder if the humidity made your cookies go flat? I just saw that Tami asked the same question! LOL
    I thought about doing that undulating STS rotation we did before but I felt that I needed a break from STS and BB and I was happy when I found this rotation because it is what the doctor ordered. I'm really excited to be off the last two weeks of the year! I normally do that because we get Xmas eve and day and New Years eve and day off but I didn't think I had enough time to do that! LOL. The office is pretty dead the last two weeks of the year.

Tami, great workouts! Wow that Insane X class sounds tough! I didn't think anyone was ready to start this rotation with me. I was just offering my document for your rotation stash so don't worry about it. Glad you also have vacation time left and you'll be able to use next year.

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited December 2016
    Morning Ladies,

Well last night I just had to do something other than a Tony workout, yes I varied from the rotation. >:) I did RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body. I promise I will be back on the P90X2 rotation next week, because I think that I will be doing the HiiT Upper Body workout tonight. :D No workout for me this morning, because I forgot to set my alarm and overslept! :o I should be able to add on the 30MTF workout that I was going to do this morning, to the Upper Body workout tonight. I opted to move my PAP/RWH workout up a day, this will give me a evening off on Friday. I will probably add in a stretching workout on Saturday, since I was a bad girl and missed yoga on Tuesday.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, looks like you will be hitting the lower/upper body pretty good all week with the workouts you have done. The MIS workout is another one that I was thinking of during this rotation, so we really are on the same wave length. :D I decided that I will do that one after we are done, it will be my Christmas time workout. I really like that workout also. I do tend to avoid the yoga, but so far I have been pretty good. I think doing it on Saturday will be better than trying to do something during the week. I always feel that my week day needs to be tougher. I think that Cathe really likes the Intensity workout, I was looking at some of her rotations last night. She has that workout in a lot of her rotations. How nice that you had the Christmas feeling, and that you are getting in some Christmas movies. I have been watching them too.

Tami, Great job on the workouts and classes. It has to be hard to determine what workout is good to do when you don't know what Katy has in store for you. I can imagine that at times a body part is screaming because you had worked it out earlier that day. We have those teens right now, dang is that a drastic change from what we had at Thanksgiving. Now that I have the short hair, I need to wear a hat. There is no hair to protect my ears.

Becky, Great job getting in those workouts when you can. You have a busy schedule with all those practices. That is one thing that I don't miss now that the girls are adults. No more watching track/cross country in the cold. :D I will have to look at your link when I have the chance, but Laurel described the exercises pretty well. Tony's plyo moves are pretty basic. So far Rocket has been pretty good about the trees, but of course he doesn't have a partner in crime. We will see what happens when his buddy Zoey comes to visit, she will probably knock the tree over. :D

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, just to bad that you had to go through that meeting in such cold conditions. Your body was probably working overtime just to keep you warm. There is a yoga studio about 2 miles from my house, and like you I would love to go, but am not one to be in a group class like that. They are offering classes for free, just to try them out. I have to look at my remaining time, like you, I probably have more time than I think I do. Not as much as you do, but I sure don't want to lose it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did an interesting combo today. I started with the warm-up from ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast, then did X2 PAP Lower Body (no warm-up or cool down) back to ICE Chiseled Lower Body where I did the workout and ICY Core 2. This was about 90 minutes long, and it was surprisingly tough on my legs! I was going to stop there, but my legs were feeling a little rubbery. And when they feel like that, I know it is better to get some steady state, non-Plyo cardio in which eases the tension, so after a break, I did Step Moves. Nice, light and easy.....and did the trick for my legs. Good stuff.

Tami, yowza on the class! That sounds tough! Glad you survived. I did another snowball cookie recipe yesterday and they came out completely snowball-ish.....so I don't think it was the humidity that killed my first batch but the recipe that did it in. The recipe I used yesterday had the same amount of butter and flour.....but WAY less sugar, and granulated sugar as opposed to powdered. I don't think the powdered sugar holds up as well against the oven heat, and that might be one of the reasons they fell flat. So DH had lots of cookies to take in to his students today.....because I sent both the flat and non-flat cookies! I figure they are high school students and will eat anything that's free. :p More baking this weekend.....now for the school custodians. And my dear sister who just lost a very good friend this week (age 55/sudden heart attack). My heart is breaking for her right now, and all I think to do is send her a little something from my heart and home.

Thelma, I hate sitting in a cold environment like that!! I don't blame you for feeling the need to nap after that. I always ache everywhere after sitting still and freezing. Great job getting in a workout after that! Like I told Tami, I don't think the humidity melted my little snowball cookies as much as it was a bad recipe. I should learn not to experiment when I am baking for others but.....oh well. They taste good at least!

Laurie, :) at diverging from X2. Believe me......I totally understand!! I am going to try to push through these next couple of weeks, but I also already know that last week may be hit or miss. Glad you found something you enjoyed doing. I love those RWH circuit workouts. In fact, I think one of my X2 combos may be the PAP workout with the RWH UB Circuit. I think I will finish the the Pure Strengh combo tomorrow but may opt not to push my upper body as hard next week and that circuit workout may be perfect.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a great class last night! Good workout and went by fast plus the music was some newer stuff so it made it nice. No workout this a.m. Extra zzzzzz’s ended up happening when I hit snooze/ignore and next thing I new it was time to get up. Will try to get something in tonight.

Today has actually been a really good day. I found out on my VACA days I need to use up they are going to let me take my half day on the 21st and then I am OFF until Dec. 27 work a few days and then 30th I am OFF. Then my last 3 days will extend into my trip in January. How great is that!!??!! Also at Starbucks today a lady in front of me in the drive-thru bought my coffee …. Just because.

Thelma: OMG! That sounds so boring and I am sure after all that coffee the bathroom break was a necessity!!! I bet bed felt amazing. Great job with your XT AOLIH workout today. Sounds like something interesting to look into on the Yoga studio. Thanks for the kudos on the Insane-X workout; there is a portion of both shoulders that I am feeling today forsure ….. all those heavy ball throws overhead. YOWSA. Good stuff though! The guy I was partnered with joked, “finally someone who can throw the heavy ball back to me” LOL

Laurie: Understandable on veering from the rotation …. Great job getting in something that sounded good to you! Sounds like we both needed some zzzzz’s this a.m. This cold weather we are having makes it a little harder to get up. Yes, it is hard to determine what my “regular/scheduled” workout and Katy’s if they will be doing double duty. Can’t plan so I always just go for what my schedule says unless I know forsure.

Laurel: Another WOWSA moment for you! Once my legs were feeling like rubber I would have been thinking …… a little nourishment and water sounds good, not a Step Moves cardio workout. Way to go! I am happy to hear the new Snowball Cookie recipe worked out better. That’s great and yes the kids will enjoy flat or fluffy cookies forsure. I am SO sorry to hear about your sister’s friend. How tragic and sad. Some nice cookies and lots of love from sis will be a very nice thing to do for her. Poor lady. I am so sorry, breaks my heart.

Hi Becky :smile:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did RWH Back, Shoulders, Biceps. I decided to read reviews on the yoga studio near my house and I found out they do hot yoga. The bad reviews were from people who said thte place was too hot. I could not deal with that so I'm not going.

Laurie, great job with the RWH! Sounds like you needed a break from X2! You better hurry up and take a look at your remaining vacation time! The yoga studio is offering a free week but I just don't feel comfortable going to those classes the pictures I found from their classes show a very packed studio. I definitely wouldn't like being elbow to elbow with the other people in the class.

Laurel, that was a killer workout! Great job! Will you make a new batch of snowball cookies

Tami, glad you liked the spinning class!
    Every year my company puts us through the through the torture of going to that offsite and listen to people talk all day long.

Hi Becky!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma