WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka: Your grandmother sounds like quite a woman. So sorry for your loss. She has sown lots of her love of life in your heart. You look a lot like her. No recent photos of grandpa. Am I right in thinking he has gone before her?

Yes, he went a good 20 years before her. She was 20 years younger than him, but she always loved him and wore her wedding ring. I think they're together again.

M in Oz

Machka I loved the photos, especially the generation pictures. What a lovely grandmother you had. If I am interpreting what you said correctly, your grandfather also lived to be quite old?

Karen in Virginia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Machka - sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. Hugs!

Kylia - Great news. Prayers continue.

Heather - I’m sorry you couldn’t sleep worrying about food for your brother.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am so glad you have posted those lovely photos of your grandparents. <3 The way your grandmother is beaming in the photos of you together - there's quite a bit of her strength and sense of adventure and love in you! And the photos of your grandfather = Edward S. Curtis stuff right there!

These were your mother's parents?

Sorry to hear of her passing, and sorry you couldn't be with her. You are bringing back memories of my own beloved grandparents this morning. <3

(((HUGS))))

Lanette
    Rainy & warm SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Macha ~ You are blessed to have so many photographic memories of your grandparents. Your grandmother lived a long life in which I am sure she had a good effect on the lives of many others.

Janet ~ What beautiful eyes your granddaughter has. A beautiful young lady.

BnL ~ DH has made it clear I am to stay out of the situation. I think he does not want to acknowledge what may be going on. Anyhow, I will try to keep my mouth shut. Thanks for your thoughts on this! We have kind of looked after him when needed for over 25 yrs. We don't know the names of his doctors, lawyer, close relative (if there are any), etc. His wife (my dh's sister passed away when my 43 yr old son was one...she died after having a 5th miscarriage). He is a very, very private person. He would think we were intruding if we dropped in on him on a regular basis. So, I will do my best to let it be and just am happy can spout off to you if I need to.

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen in Va ~ Good advice.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Machka9- sorry for your loss. Sounds like she had a long blessed life. I never knew my grandparents
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3Machka
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    RitaC21 wrote: »
    I recently read a quote regarding their weight loss challenge (can't remember who wrote it) and it said "Wake up each day with DETERMINATION and go to sleep with SATISFACTION". This will be my motto for 2019 and I'm hoping I can also receive lots of member's support to help me along this journey!

I started reading the message boards and getting into the social aspect of MFP in May. I personally found that this group and a couple others I participate in are so motivational! Love your motto.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie High fat nuts like Macadamia & Brazilnuts can be nibbled on very slowly...and may help with your hunger as long as you know how many calories you are consuming. If you like them, of course. 20g is really low...hard to maintain...but some people really thrive on keto. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is World Braille Day!

"The 4th of January is World Braille Day, as it is the birthday of Louis Braille, the Frenchman who invented the code in 1821. Braille helps to provide equal opportunity for many blind people worldwide."

Cathy - Glad your lesson about the dishwashing liquid wasn't too expensive!

Katla - Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't watched any of the Outlander series yet. We don't have Starz but I might be able to find it on Netflix or Amazon. I really got into the first few books but for some reason I haven't been as interested lately.

Janet - The trees look so pretty with their coatings of ice. Like a glass forest.

Bonnie - My brother drinks pickle juice for leg cramps. You can buy it on its own but he makes us all save the juice when we empty a pickle jar!

Machka - Deepest condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

I have to drive to Austin today to get my haircut but it's pretty out so Luna and I will have a nice long walk when I get back. After that Philip and I have to finish the pad for the greenhouse - we'll see what is left after all the rain we've had lately! I am looking forward to having the citrus tucked away safely so we don't have to move them around, as they are really heavy.

Whatever you're doing, enjoy your day!

-Yvonne in TX