• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-
    Spin- 50min, 127ahr, 152mhr, 103aw, 88ar, 12.2mi= 421c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Michelle in PNW - I am guessing that you have the wrong star... so when you are in the Jan. thread reading, go to the top of the page, then look down until you see the page numbers listed at the top there is a little star there if you click on it, it will change colors from grey to yellow.... you want it to be yellow. That book marks it.

Then to find your book marks, when you log in - touch the community tab, then the grey star and all the book marks will come up.

Kim in N. Cal
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - I have not had that problem, what version of MS word or office are you running?

Kim
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Micheller- It sounds like you need to bookmark January. You want to click on the "empty" star that is on the same line as our group title Women Ages 50+ for January 2019. The star will turn yellow after you click on it. Hope that helps! KJ
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Lanette- How funny about your hubby driving you to drink! lol I had a glass or two of wine every evening while I was on vacation and DH wondered why I was drinking so much. He doesn't drink anymore since it doesn't agree with his meds. It bothered him until I assured him that it couldn't become a habit, since most days (5 out of 7) I have a child in my care until 11:30. A couple nights of a couple glasses a wine, just makes me feel like I am on a mini vacation. Plus, I am a light weight. Two glasses and it is a very relaxed me going down the hall to bed. o:)KJ (Kelly)

Kelly - LOL! I kind of miss the old days of having a beer or two - very strange now, even the smell of it and especially the odor of red wine makes me queasy. Like being a reformed smoker! Don't know if it's my allergies or what. My DH still has a beer or two most days, even tho it's not good with his meds but he rarely overdoes it.

I decided to just quit beer and wine a couple years ago because I was tired of the calories and bloating and it made me lazier than I wanted to be. I wouldn't mind a nice Bloody Mary though!

So enjoy it and relax! You deserve a mini vacation! B)

Lanette
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Jackie 30 Day Fast Start DVD. the plan for tomorrow is to do and Ultimate Weight Training and Cardio DVD.

Got most of the Christmas decorations in. Still have the arches to do tomorrow. Vince is planning to organize the garage tonight.

Vince used to get me a bag of Dove each and every holiday. Finally, one year I asked him not to get me any candy and ever since then he hasn’t

Panderson – Let me express my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband and your son. What kind of degree are you going for?

PartyPerson – many is the time (especially when I’m at the Green Room for some reason) that I eat my breakfast later. I usually have ½ a bran muffin just to have something in my stomach (plus I need to drink water with it)

Denise just told us that she scheduled her baby shower for 3/24 after Jess asked her if Denise wanted Jess to arrange it since Jess was Maid of Honor. To me, scheduling it yourself is like asking for presents. Then again, Denise is very materialistic like Pete’s family. But not my baby. I never had a baby shower and I didn’t miss it.

Took Jess to the airport this morning. She left a lot of things in her room, I just put them in the closet. I’d really like her to clean out her closet again so I have room to put things in when she just leaves it here. She brought Shadow back here but asked if we’d meet Colby ½ way and he can watch Shadow while we’re in FL. She hadn’t thought far enough in advance to tell us if Shadow is coming back here after we get back from FL or not. I sort-of suspect so (I hope so)

Allie – when I go to any restaurant, I do exactly what Barbie does. Denise says “ma, by the time you’re finished, it doesn’t even look like what’s on the menu”. But I don’t care, I want what I want and have NEVER had a problem getting it.

Cari – I always ask for my salad without cheese or croutons. Only once did they put it on and I sent it back. I also ask for the dressing on the side and rarely use it. I order senior and kids meals, too. Surprisingly, most restaurants will give you the kids portion. Only problem is many times the kids menu consists of things deep fried.

Rebecca – I don’t have a problem with you posting your meals. Only problem is…I need to pass them by because they look so so good

Vince and Jess kept going on and on last night how sugar, even natural sugar, is still sugar – same molecular structure. I finally told them that it’s what the refined sugar is on that’s the problem. Oh, what to do? I don’t crave sugar and sometimes don’t want it. I want my fruits and veges. Why won’t they leave me alone? I don’t tell them that what they’re eating is bad.

Michele in NC
  • ljhendrickson63
    ljhendrickson63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group?
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. It was beautiful here today, in the 50s, but I have had a headache all day so I haven't really done much. I did walk the 1/2 block to the mailbox. I plan to get on the cross trainer for 30 minutes after dinner, then I think I'll head to bed early tonight.

Barbara: I had to ask too! A back facial is a facial on your back :smiley: They just literally do the same treatments on your back they would normally do on your face. Plus it's easy for the esthetician to see if you have any suspicious spots that you should get checked out. It was very relaxing. I bought a membership at Massage Envy in November, and that was my December treat. This month I will have a massage.

OK ladies. I'm going to check out of here and have something for dinner. Take care all and I WILL be back tomorrow! Meg from sunny Omaha
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Pip: I carry a protein snack with me when I go out, as I often feel an energy low if I don't eat regularly. I seldom need it, but it's a great comfort to know that I won't have to eat some rubbish just to keep from fainting.

☘️ IRISH Terri ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I’m having problems using microsoft word to make my comments to the group. Normally I open a word document & make comments for the the group & then copy & paste it into the thread. Now they want me to rebuy their program. Advice welcome!

Katla the frustrated

Did your subscription run out at the end of the year?

You can use Wordpad if you need to.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @ljhendrickson63 Just keep coming back frequently & post. We have a new thread every month. Welcome!
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ljhendrickson--To join here, you just jump in. Respond to any comments, or drop one of your own. Check in as often as you can; it moves very fast here. (19 pages in 5 days.) We talk about anything here, since many things can affect health and fitness. Some are maintaining their goals, and some are still striving to reach theirs. Sign off with a name we can call you, and a general location, so we can get to know you better.

K. Karen--I was all set to tell you those fortune cookies were 107 calories each, but it seems I've been looking at them wrong. They're only 30 each; that 107 I've been living by must be for a certain weight, not an individual cookie. Still, if I'm going to have sugar, I think I'll save the calories for a piece of Dove dark chocolate instead, at 42 cal.

I found another way to write long responses. I just type the comments at the bottom of the page I'm on, and then copy it before I go to the next page. Then I paste it to the comment section of that page, and add more. It's more scrolling up and down, but I don't have to open another document.

Today I got in a walk with my husband. 2.5 miles was easy with the nice weather we had today. I really think I'll be able to do the 5k in March. I won't be able to run it, but it's not a serious race. Christmas decorations are almost all down, and packed away. I made some chicken breast and green beans in my Instant Pot. I'm still learning how to use it. My beans were awesome, but the chicken needed a second run to finish cooking it.

Cari in sunny N. Texas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I found another way to write long responses. I just type the comments at the bottom of the page I'm on, and then copy it before I go to the next page. Then I paste it to the comment section of that page, and add more. It's more scrolling up and down, but I don't have to open another document.

Cari in sunny N. Texas

That's more or less what I do. :)

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Long day,and I must say I didn't need a nap...
    That's a first..anyway ordered steak and provolone cheese and sauteed mushrooms in a bowl in instead of a grinder..and I had one slice of veggie pizza and just scraped the toppings off the crust...then came home and did a little bit of grocery shopping for my neighbor did some dishes ,got her meds together and helped her into her nightgown..
    Will go up after I feed Buddy in the morning and help her get dressed and do some laundry for her,then come back at night and get her ready for bed again..
    So will go to sleep and will catch you all in the morning...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Oooooo