Replies

• kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Challenge accepted.

Pretty sure I warned you on another thread to quit the excessive Java consumption so you don't go Flashing everything and everyone. Please stick to the Script!
    ? Not sure I follow

Was trying to make a web developer joke and it worked great as you can see xD

I followed it just fine. I suppose that's why I'm a manager of nerds. :ohwell:

Maybe I just need to write it in notepad and save it as a .html file next time, she could be an using a windows 95 machine! Lol...I need to stop hanging out with my nerd/I.T. friends for awhile, they are getting to me.

If she's using anything but Linux I'll be shocked. Perhaps a Mac, as devs favor the tools available on it. Windows is highly doubtful.

You get me.
    lwra7heanefn.gif
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    Challenge accepted.

Pretty sure I warned you on another thread to quit the excessive Java consumption so you don't go Flashing everything and everyone. Please stick to the Script!
    ? Not sure I follow

Maybe I just need to write it in notepad and save it as a .html file next time, she could be an using a windows 95 machine! Lol...I need to stop hanging out with my nerd/I.T. friends for awhile, they are getting to me.

If she's using anything but Linux I'll be shocked. Perhaps a Mac, as devs favor the tools available on it. Windows is highly doubtful.

You get me.
    lwra7heanefn.gif

X1 Carbon here. Of course I get you.

Just ordered up new hardware for home firewall last night. Trying to decide between pfsense and opnsense.

I think if you’ve used pfsense in the past, the GUI of opnsense might take some getting used to, but quite frankly I prefer it. I know opn has gained quite a following in the past few months, especially with the drama pfsense has been dishing out lately:
    https://www.netgate.com/blog/fake-news-annoying-fake-product-serious.html

If DNS blocking is a priority, I’d definitely opt for opnsense. Plus, their release cycle seems a lot quicker and overall the members of the community around it seem to have far less of a chip on their shoulders. Do your own research, but I’m sure you’ll make the decision that best suits your needs. :flowerforyou:
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    Challenge accepted.

? Not sure I follow

You get me.
    lwra7heanefn.gif

Just ordered up new hardware for home firewall last night. Trying to decide between pfsense and opnsense.

I think if you’ve used pfsense in the past, the GUI of opnsense might take some getting used to, but quite frankly I prefer it. I know opn has gained quite a following in the past few months, especially with the drama pfsense has been dishing out lately:

If DNS blocking is a priority, I’d definitely opt for opnsense. Plus, their release cycle seems a lot quicker and overall the members of the community around it seem to have far less of a chip on their shoulders. Do your own research, but I’m sure you’ll make the decision that best suits your needs. :flowerforyou:

I've run pfsense for years, and opnsense is getting my attention for many of the reasons you state - and also that pf has always suffered from a haphazard GUI. Opnsense definitely has a more polished GUI. Otherwise they are similar enough to get what I need out of each. Likely to move to a ubiquiti wireless setup at the same time.

fegk76m9paee.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ho hum somebody get a room

giphy.gif

• bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.

? Not sure I follow

You get me.
    lwra7heanefn.gif

I've run pfsense for years, and opnsense is getting my attention for many of the reasons you state - and also that pf has always suffered from a haphazard GUI. Opnsense definitely has a more polished GUI. Otherwise they are similar enough to get what I need out of each. Likely to move to a ubiquiti wireless setup at the same time.

I used Junipers at work. Small, reasonably priced, and secure. Love to play with other things, but thinking of just going commercial for that job. If it's good enough for a large multi-national corporation.....

Then again, knowing other decisions they made..............
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    Y'all need a tech thread.
    Or a flirty tech thread.
    Or a room.
    Your pick.

Said in kindness, not snarkiness. In fact I think you two would be pretty hot together, for real, if it weren't for Leut's current marital status.

How about a room where we flirtatiously speak about tech while respecting one another’s marital statuses. That’s my pick.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Or a flirty tech thread.
    Or a room.
    Your pick.

Said in kindness, not snarkiness. In fact I think you two would be pretty hot together, for real, if it weren't for Leut's current marital status.

How about a room where we flirtatiously speak about tech while respecting one another’s marital statuses. That’s my pick.

Winner.
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    Challenge accepted.

? Not sure I follow

its a mac

I have a Linux and Mac setup.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Or a flirty tech thread.
    Or a room.
    Your pick.

In order to maintain the one status, the other idea is a very bad idea. So very bad. :laugh:

She is quite tempting.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.

? Not sure I follow

its a mac

I have a Linux and Mac setup.

I am forced to use windoze at work. I found a Citrix agent for linux. I'm hoping to get permission to build myself a new desktop server running linux with the Citrix service for remote access.
  • mfp197840
    mfp197840 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    Or a flirty tech thread.
    Or a room.
    Your pick.

In order to maintain the one status, the other idea is a very bad idea. So very bad. :laugh:

She is quite tempting.

5rlr1at84gsu.gif

Oh stop it, you. :blush:
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

*kitten* *kitten* it, @SirMxyzptlk! You are not an Official *kitten* MFP Match Maker. We do not *kitten* make matches with *kitten* food. This is not *kitten* American *kitten* Pie - The MFP Years.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

*kitten* *kitten* it, @SirMxyzptlk! You are not an Official *kitten* MFP Match Maker. We do not *kitten* make matches with *kitten* food. This is not *kitten* American *kitten* Pie - The MFP Years.

Well, that's all cute you getting your chonies bunched, but...

no-power.gif
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

Well, that's all cute you getting your chonies bunched, but...

no-power.gif

tumblr_nw2yo2tPdn1rfd7lko1_400.gif
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options
    7Osj.gif