Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! It was a long, tough workout today, but I am glad I did it. :) So I started with the Pyramid Pump workout, and for being 81 minutes long, it went by pretty quickly. The workout is formatted just like the Pyramid Lower and Upper Body workouts she did years ago with five sets of each exercise, 12/10/8/10/12 rep pattern, etc. The lower body workout is all standing work and the only surprise for me was it had no squats at all. But there were three types of lunges, step-ups, deadlifts and calf raises, so I feel the legs were worked thoroughly. I went one step higher in weight than Cathe throughout, and I think this was just about right for me because there is very little break in between moves, so the heart rate does come up. I will definitely be using this workout along with the Stacked Lower Body over the next four weeks.

The upper body workout starts with back and I was thinking the workout was going to be a walk in the park after that.....but I was wrong. :o I went one weight higher than Cathe for back, and because it felt easy, decided to do two weights higher than Cathe for chest. I did it, but the cumulative effect of the workout began to kick in when doing the next segment, which was triceps. By shoulders, which was last following biceps, my arms were fried. I did manage to stick with one weight higher than Cathe for those last three segments, but it was tough. A couple of thoughts about these upper body segments......the rep speed is a little fast which makes it tough to go much heavier. But, honestly, if I were doing these in a one body part a day format as she has set up in the premixes, I would definitely need to slow it down and go heavy. Otherwise I really don’t think I would feel like I had effectively worked the muscle. But as an upper body workout with all five segments......even with light weight there is a definite burn.

So after that.....I took a break. :) I tried to talk myself out of doing the Calorie Crush combo I had created but I didn’t. ;) I started with the warm-up from Cardio Party and then did the crushes in this order: Metabolic, Body Weight and Band, Cardio Party and RURumble. For me, this was the perfect order. It was tough but not so tough that I will never do it again. I actually liked the first two Calorie Crushes much more than I did the first time I did them because I was properly warmed up for high impact cardio. I added on the Core #2 segment and a stretch, making the workout 62 minutes long. But since the high impact cardio elements were only about 40 minutes of that, it wasn’t as bad as it sounds. So now I have tried LITE.....and love it!!

Tami, hope you enjoyed the game the snow wasn’t too bad. Glad you enjoyed the Metabolic workout!

Thelma, hope your last day of work is going well. I saw where they are predicting something like 8-12” of snow for you. Glad you get to stay home. Be safe!

Laurie, so glad you enjoyed the Cardio Party workout! I am so glad she threw in the boxing elements because it really kept the workout from becoming to dancy and monotonous. The blasts in the Rumble Calorie Crush are anywhere between 40 seconds and a little over a minute. One of the differences between this Crush and the Metabolic Blast Crush is she takes longer breaks between the moves in the Rumble one and takes the breaks down to a march whereas she does shuffles for the breaks in the Metabolic one. I think it can definitely be modified to lower impact/more joint friendly variations. This is my favorite of the Crushes to do (which is why I ended with it today) so far.....though the Cardio Party isn’t too far behind. Definitely going to do LITE PHA2 next Friday and S&S PHA the next week. Looking forward to it already!

Where you all are getting snow, we are going to be getting lots of rain this weekend. I am just fine with the rain, :) Stay warm and safe and enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had a very busy and productive weekend.
    My last day at work started a little emotional but by the end of the day, I was OK. I wasn't happy to be leaving but I wasn't crying. I just don't know how I feel. I am not jumping up and down with happiness. I think I'm a little sad but I don't have time to think about it.
    I worked a full day on Friday. People couldn't believe that I was still working. I just wanted to finish up as much as I could to help the team.
    When we went to my luncheon my current boss basically suggested they send me an instrument to GA so I could help them test from there. So this may or may not happen, but I said I'd do it.

On Saturday we met my BIL and his wife for brunch. As soon as we got back we went running some errands and I got a crash course on pumping gas. I hadn't done this in years! I also got a crash course on how to back into a space. The space I was backing into the gas the spot next to the gas pump!!! With DH directing me I did a good job and it seems so easy! I'll see if I remember next time.

Once we were done with our errands we started moving stuff off the heavy 6ft bookcases we'll take with us to keep the garage organized. Thank God I thought of moving them to the shed which is next to the driveway were the truck will be because those things are super heavy. We had to move 4 of them from the basement and across the yard to the shed. We also had two upstairs in the house. My arms were fried after moving the bookcases. I was so tired after moving those things. I took a hot shower after that and took a long nap! I did a Leslie Sansone walking workout on Saturday and tonight I did HasFit Legs and some stretching.

I wanted to do one of the new workouts but I am not ready for that time wise.

We got about 5 inches of snow followed by sleet and very cold temps. The highest temp tomorrow will be 8 degrees and I have to go out to a doctor's appointment in the early afternoon.

Laurie, great job with your workouts. I am glad you also are enjoying Cathe's new workouts! I hope traffic is lite tomorrow!

Laurel, WOW! Fantastic workout on Friday and thanks so much for the wonderful workout reviews!

My last day at work went well. I got a little emotional when a co-worker gave me a gift but I was busy working so I didn't have time to think about wanting to cry.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I worked out on Saturday and changed my mind about the workout I would try. I did the LiTe Metabolic Blast, what a great workout. I found this one to be fun, but so easy to take it up. Will have this one in my rotation for sure, it was a great way to get the hr going. I didn't workout on Sunday. It was dang cold, and I had a hard time getting out of bed before church. I had my hair colored and cut, and then went grocery shopping. So my day was pretty busy. This morning I started out the rotation with LiTe Pyramid Power Lower Body, and like Laurel said this one hit every part of my legs. I did go the same weight as Cathe, and have to say that seemed to be perfect for me at this point. I was sweating buckets.

We had about 6 inches of snow, and then the cold cold temps started. This morning was -10 :p We are expected to get more snow tomorrow, so I guess our winter has finally caught up to us. Have to put the rubber balloon foot protectors on Rocket, he was crying after going outside last night without them. Poor pup. This morning we went for a walk, and his tootsies where just fine in his booties. ;)

Laurel, Awesome Awesome job on those workouts. I can't believe that you did all of that in one week. The calorie crush combo appears to be one that you will be doing again I'm sure. I'm going to try those out at some point, since they will be short to add onto the workout. I am going to be using the Pyramid Lower and Strong Body Lower workouts during this first month of the workouts. I love them, and I think that I will do the Pyramid this week and the Walk Strong 3 Lower next week. Of course I'm into the shorter workouts also, so that is a bonus. Thanks for the information on the Pyramid Upper. When I try that one out it will probably be with the same weight as Cathe. So far those weights have been pretty good for me. I have Cardio Party scheduled again for this week, so I'm going to be brave and add in the calorie crush. :o

Thelma, I'm impressed that you worked a full day on Friday, I probably would have taken off early. Those book cases sound heavy. I can understand why you needed to take a break. ;) Sounds like you had a really busy weekend, and I'm sure that will continue until you start moving into your new home.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice, quiet weekend. Didn’t do much except run errands and buy some more things for the house. Even though it was raining buckets on Saturday, the temp was in the 60s, so we finally got some house plants. Of course, the temp dropped out on Saturday night so yesterday we were shopping for pots to put them in in 20 degree temperatures with a light snow. :o But I won’t complain too much given what you all are going through.

For workouts, Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk just to wake up my body followed by Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves 2 for a good, soothing stretch. Yesterday I did LITE Stacked Lower Body. I upped the weights pretty significantly in some areas, and was really breathing hard throughout. Definitely love this workout. I followed it with Tabatacise and XTrain Core1. Today was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders, which I love SO much! I followed it with Cathe Live Cardio Band Blasts with Weights, and added the LITE Body Weights and Band Calorie Crush in the middle with the fire walker band work in the Live workout. Good stuff.

Thelma, I am sure you are still in a little shock how quickly everything is going right now. I am glad to hear your last day wasn’t too tough though. Great job moving those book cases! Moving is physically brutal, no doubt about it. I am amazed you are getting any workouts in right now given all you have going on. Stay warm and safe!

Laurie, so glad you enjoyed the Metabolic workout. Like you, I loved how it got my heart rate up. Glad you enjoyed the Pyramid Lower Body as well. She really kept up the pace in that one, didn’t she? I like your plan for lower body. I am still toying with tossing in the STS Meso 1 Leg workouts for this month because I get such great results from the STS lower body work. But the dread factor is pretty high, so I will be curious what I reach for tomorrow. :) I hope you enjoy the Cardio Party Calorie Crush. I think once I master the moves, it will become a favorite add-on for me. Stay warm and safe too!

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only had time for a Leslie Sansone power walk workout this morning. I had to go to my doctor's appointment in the afternoon and then I came home to do more packing. DH packed most of my weights today! He only left the Bowflex dumbbells.

We got to see the moon last night. It was pretty cool.

Laurie, fabulous workouts! That metabolic workout looks like a lot of fun. I did watch a clip of it.
    Everyone seems to be surprised that I put in a full day on my last day. LOL. I am not thinking about work at all. It feels like a very distant thing now.
    We had a busy weekend and it will continue that way till we move.

Laurel, as always great job with your workouts! You did have cooler temps there too! It was cold in Blue Ridge, as in below 20 temps! I am not getting rid of my coats!
    I just couldn't believe how exhausted I was after having moved those bookcases. It's like the process drained every ounce of energy out of my body. I can't wait to see how I do when we have to pack next week, drive south and unpack! Yikes! It won't be fun I'm sure. I'll do the best with workouts.

Hi Tami!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders and it was a really good workout. I truly enjoy this one, probably because it doesn't make my workout space cluttered. I am also surprised that my outer hip area is sore today. So the Strong Body Lower got my inner thigh and the Pyramid got my outer hip area. LOVE it! ;)

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts, loved how you incorporated the band workout into the mix. That is a great way to incorporate some of the Jessica Smith workouts, I'm going to have to steal that idea. Like you I really do enjoy those XTrain upper body workouts. I know that I will avoid the leg workout, so I'm steering toward the ones that I know I will do on a consistent basis. I'm looking at either CTX or 4DS Legs also. Will have to contemplate that for a bit. I'm planning on the Meso 2 Legs though, because those I enjoyed. Tomorrow is the Cardio Party with crush, hope I get through it okay. :D

Thelma, You are going to be busy for a while packing and then you get to do unpacking. :D Nice that your DH packed up all your weights. Once you get all settled you will get a chance to try out these new workouts, and I think you will love them like I do.

Tami, Hope all is well with you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I decided to try the STS Meso 1 Leg workout today (Disc 3).....and it wasn’t bad at all! I am not saying it was easy, but I think coming off of the Bulk workouts, my legs were sort of prepared for that intensity. We’ll see if I am saying the same thing tomorrow because, historically, it is the DOMS from the STS Leg workouts that really get me. I followed it up with a Cathe Live spin class called Climb and Sprint.

Thelma, glad to hear you aren’t thinking about work and are focused on the move. I hope you don’t get too overwhelmed by the move. I always think when unpacking that it can all be done on my pace in my time. That doesn’t mean I don’t push it, but I only push it because I want to. As long as I have clean sheets, towels and some kitchenware.....I’m good. :) Well, and some clothes of course. :p Yes, definitely be prepared for some colder weather. We even have some snow predicted for next week (though I think that will change the closer it gets). The good thing about the cold is it is just for a couple of days and then it gets back up near 50 (which is the norm) so it isn’t never ending cold, that’s for sure.

Laurie, great workout! I am feeling that XTrain workout this morning in my shoulders and chest. Good stuff! And I am still feeling Sunday’s Stacked Lower Body workout. Last week I got an email from MFP about a squat/lunge/push-up challenge and, miraculously B) , have convinced my DH to do it. You start at 10 reps per exercise and then increase by one each day for 30 days. I am doing it with him for encouragement and last night that first lunge had my legs saying ‘hello!’ Really impressed with those LITE workouts as well. Hope you enjoy the Cardio Party Calorie Crush!!

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you Friday and then yesterday due to the holiday we were able to leave early. At any rate, good weekend. Very quiet but quiet is good sometimes. Since I missed you ladies on Friday a couple things to tell you about. The basketball game was SO great on Thursday night. Truly a special memory I think for every one of us. The guys sat right in front of us ladies and we walked around, DH bought special T-shirts for everyone and snacks. It was so sweet to see him treating his mom/dad and son to a special night. He had pure joy on his face. Our seats were amazing and the game was kind of a blowout but that’s ok. So fun and my MIL surprised me with loud cheering and clapping throughout the game. I was laughing and loving every moment. Also, I talked to my supervisor on Friday and was very glad I did. Told her my concerns with how quiet it is and it feels "over staffed" in our dept. with not a lot to do right now. She said not to worry, she is going to be continuing my training for my future in this dept. and not to worry about not having a lot right now. The other two ladies who have nearly nothing to do is what she is more worried about until we pick up again. It's good to finally be caught up but again, making for some longer days. I am just glad I got that off my chest to her.

Workouts have been good and officially started up our new rotation yesterday. So Saturday I tried out the LITE Body Weight & Bands workout and liked it a lot, Sunday I tried a class with some of my local gym friends. A couple of them recommended a class at another local PEAK gym …. They do all the Les Mills classes; this one was Les Mills Combat. Reminded me a little of Cathe’s KB workouts crossed with a little Turbo Fire too. It was good. I will go again this Sunday probably. Katy (our local instructor) even went. She stood next to me and was swearing throughout. She said it was too much choreography for her. LOL Once you get the moves down I can see it being a really great workout, luckily years of DVD’s and I can follow the KB stuff pretty good, thank goodness. Anything “dancy” and of course I would have been OUT. They repeat for 4 weeks and then go on to another set of drills. Yesterday I went home after leaving early and did LITE Strong Body Stacked Lower Sets for my “LEG” workout; went heavier on pretty much everything. Liked the workout a lot. This a.m. was XT #1, Chest/Back/Shoulders, which felt great.

Thelma: Glad to hear you had a productive weekend! Sorry to hear you aren’t jumping up and down with happiness just yet on having your last day of work. Maybe right now it is the SHOCK factor. Once you are moved, etc. the happiness part will come in. Nice of you to offer your assistance forsure to your team. Good job getting in a workout when you can. They will always be there when you are moved and ready for them! Hang in there sweet lady. All the goodness is right around the corner. ;):*

Laurie: Sounds like a very cold and wintery weekend along with a nice hair appt. Way to go on the LITE Metabolic Blast workout. These workouts are great, I agree!!! Loving what I have tried so far. Anxious to get the sheets. I’ve been writing my weights down on paper as I go so I don’t have to do it when I get them. I find I am going A LOT heavier than Cathe in most. I think I will try out the Pyramid Lower for my Leg workout tomorrow. Haven’t tried the Cardio Party yet … is the choreography tricky at all? Maybe I will do that one as well this week for my cardio day. I also love those STS Meso #2 Leg workouts … I have to pre-plan, but I actually only have next week (Sun – Wed) and then I will pick up with you ladies after I return from my trip. So Feb 10th will be when I pick back up.

Laurel: Sounds like a very nice weekend! Doing a little more settling into your new house. Very nice. FABULOUS job with your workouts woman! Powered through all the new ones and now the awesomeness of your combos continues. I really enjoyed that LITE Stacked Lower Body last night as well and definitely went heavier. XT #1 felt great this a.m. too. I haven’t tried any of the calorie crushes yet but hope too. Along with so many others in this new series. Loving them so far. :) I cannot believe I am leaving for HAWAII next Thursday. It’s coming right up now. Have to get packed this weekend so that I am all ready. Feeling a little bit of anxiety right now as I always do before a trip, but this is a "fun" trip so it's good nerves. B)

Have a great afternoon ladies ….. talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I have to confess that I didn't do the Cardio Crush for the Cardio Party workout. I had two problems, the first one being my knee, it was hurting as soon as I got out of bed. I'm thinking it must be our weather. The second one was the choreography. I will have to do this one when my brain can handle it. She just went right into the moves, and I was standing there looking confused. :D Turning my back to the TV isn't good that early in the morning. We are still having snow, and it isn't suppose to quit until about noon. So I think we should end up with about a foot when it is all done, and then we are going into really cold temps on Friday. They said the high will be -1, oh yippee! :p

Laurel, I'm glad that you had a good time with the Meso leg workout, it sounds like it worked you good. Great job on the spin also. I got that e-mail from MFP also, that is so cool that your DH is doing that with you. Maybe just maybe I can convince my DH to do it also. I have been doing that on my own, but it is short enough that he could handle it. He told me this morning that he is very very close to having lost 10lbs so far. I'm very happy for him, and I can tell that he is feeling better too. As I stated above, that crush workout was a no go. I think this one will be done one section at a time until I can get the footwork accomplished. Maybe I should just try it on the floor first, so that there is no tripping. :D

Tami, Awesome work on all your workouts. I LOVE Combat! I have the set that BB put out, and try to get in one of those workouts once in a while. LOL on your instructor sweating buckets through the workout. Like you I have done so many MMA type workouts, that they where not to hard to grasp the moves. One of my favorite parts was the Kata moves. The User Guide for the new set is out, so you should be able to download the sheets. I wish that there where sheets like that for XTrain. The Cardio Party workouts itself isn't tricky at all, and I love all the moves. You can take the moves up very easily if they are not intense enough for you. The tricky portion was of course the Crush part, like I said above. Of course that could mean that I'm hopelessly uncoordinated. I'm glad that you talked to your boss, and that she is aware of your concern. I'm sure that it helps easy your mind. You will have such a great time on vacation, that you don't have to worry about the rotation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was one of those days where I got up tired and just didn’t feel like working out at all. My body felt completely spent.....or at least I thought it did. :o I decided to do the XTrain Disc 2/Biceps and Triceps workout and promised myself if I wasn’t feeling it, to lighten up the weight. Much to my surprise, my body was on a completely different wavelength than my brain. In fact, for one exercise I had to check to see if I had picked up the right weight because it felt so light. :o:o So weird because when I was done.....I still didn’t feel like working out, which is unusual for me after I’ve started my workout. But I decided to press on with my planned cardio workout, which was Cathe Live Jabs and Abs and, once again, my body was bouncing with energy. I even put in the Cardio Crush from Rev’d Up Rumble before cooling down for the abs. :o:o Well, I still don’t feel like doing anything.....but I sure did get one great workout today. :)

Tami, I am so happy you enjoyed the game! Sounds like a wonderful time for all of you. I can’t believe your trip is coming so quickly. I completely understand the pre-trip jitters. But once you are on your way, I hope you can just soak in all of the relaxation and enjoyment you can. I am also glad you talked to your boss and have some idea what is going to happen with your training and such. Sounds like a fun class on Sunday. Glad you are enjoying the LITE workouts. I think it will take me a few times to get the right weights, especially in the lower body workouts. But I feel like I am getting a good workout from them all the same.

Laurie, I completely understand about the Calorie Crush. No way would I have suggested it on a sore knee at all. And as much as I do Cathe step, I still had to pause the workout a couple of times to get the moves down. They aren’t vastly new from anything she has done....but they do come at you fast! I think trying it on the floor isn’t a bad option. DH is doing good with this MFP challenge. In addition, I am making him hold a plank as long as he can. And, right now, we can get it done just a few minutes. I was a bit alarmed on the first day how winded he got doing 10 squats (without weights) though.....and so was he. I am hoping this shows him that just a little something.....even 10 or 15 minutes of basic moves is better than nothing. Like your DH, mine has lost about 10lbs this month, and I can see his energy levels improving drastically. Makes me happy. :) Yikes on the snow and temps!! I guess winter has arrived in full.

Thelma, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Wednesday! So last night after work DH was gone to an appt with a client so I had the perfect window of time to tryout another LITE workout and went with the Cardio Party. It was a lot of fun . . . now I wasn’t exactly prepared for the “sashays” but it’s ok, I went with it. A nice low impact workout and was perfect to end my day. I did however discover my Revd Up Rumble is missing from my DVD pack. I was looking to find that actually first and no DVD, at the same time I noticed there is a blank spot in my case where it probably should be. DANG it. So I e-mailed Cathe’s customer support this a.m. to let them know. I would imagine they will just send me one, they are always so good about that kind of thing. We will see. XT Bi’s/Tri’s this a.m. and headed to Katy’s Spin tonight.

Laurie: I understand on you not doing the Cardio Crush on that Cardio Party workout. I only had about 40 mintues so I didn’t attempt it, but I previewed a couple minutes and thought “oh no” I’m going to have to concentrate on this one, might take a couple or dozen rewinds. LOL I too had the thought I better be brain ready to do that one. Sorry to hear about your knee being sore. IS this the same one that causes you some stiffness time-to-time? Hopefully when the weather gets a little better it will feel better again. I knew that the Les Mills series was offered by BB but I guess not anymore. This gym does all of their classes based off that whole program. My friend really enjoys them. So I may try some others out there. She does one that is a 30 min core/bis/tris workout right into the combat class. Sounds good too. Thank you for the info on the user guide being available, I will get it downloaded. BRRRR on your cold temps. We have been so lucky this winter. Hardly any snow and not very many freezing days like we usually get.

Laurel: Once again you pulled out a fabulous workout despite not feeling like it. Always funny how that happens! Feels good once you do it though I know. “Bouncing back with energy” is always great. Reading about your Rev’d Up Rumble workout reminded me to tell you guys about my missing DVD. I really hope they just send one out. I am glad to hear you are getting in good workouts from these LITE workouts as well. It does always take me a couple times or more going through them to get just the right weights. If you had to take a couple cracks at the Cardio Crush I will certainly be hitting rewind a few times.

Here’s a “new” bit of info I just found out about our trip. You guys are going to chuckle ….. so last night I found out that we are not going to Maui, but Kauai instead. I have assumed this whole time that we were going to Maui because the couple we are going with have always gone there, year after year. Ummmm what?!?! I am still thrilled to be going and actually talked to a co-worker who lived on Kauai and said it is beautiful, very laid back and wonderful. But to stay in the Southern part of the island, the other side is rainy ALL the time. So I looked and we are staying in a good part. What a surprise to me! This is how much DH and I visited about the actual trip thus far. LOL He said, I never said we were going to Maui. But he didn’t tell me where exactly so I assumed. At any rate, pretty funny. No matter what the resort is gorgeous and we will have a blast. Laurel, is this where you said you have been before?

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, glad to see you're keeping up with your workouts! Today I finally felt like I got a pretty good workout in. I found the Body Project workouts on youtube again and did a low impact one and one of the modifiers was using weights and going high impact at times. I followed the advanced modifier and that felt great. In the afternoon I made a lot of trips between the attic and the first floor (2 flights of stairs), and I got my heart rate monitor going, I burned 150 calories just going up/down the stairs.

I have made some nice progress with packing this week and it feels good. I expect to make more progress tomorrow too.

Laurie, sorry about your knee! I hope you feel better soon.

Laurel, good for you for listening to your body today. I'm sure you'll be back to normal today!

Tami, OMG I better check my Cathe DVD's in case I'm missing a DVD myself! Is this the week of your trip? At least you're still going to Hawaii! LOL. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did XTrain Bi's & Tri's, and upped the weights. WOW I'm feeling that extra weight right now, and in some cases I couldn't make all 16 reps. I will note that and take it down a bit next week. ;) This morning my knee feels better, just wonder if this will happen in the future when we get a storm. I ordered Rocket a fleece coat this morning. He normally doesn't like anything like that, but I purchased him a reflective vest recently. He loves that thing, so I ordered him a similar type of coat. It is one that has a thermal lining to keep his body heat in.

Laurel, I love that you where able to power through the workouts even though your mind wasn't totally into wanting to workout. I love the title of the Jabs & Abs workout. When I do PHA 2 this weekend, I think that I will try out the first step/blast segment from the Cardio Party crush. That way I don't make it part of my workout, it will be training. I have more time on the weekend to try something like that out. I'm a day behind all of you since I missed Sunday. I like the idea of adding in the plank, I'm going to see if DH is willing to try this with me. He informed me yesterday that he actually has lost 11 lbs. He told me about the 9 lbs before he actually stepped on the scale. I'm sure that if my DH does start the workouts, he will be winded also. He also said that he was willing to go on an evening walk when it gets warmer out.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, but dang on the DVD that you wanted to try not being there. I hope it gets shipped to you quickly, because that one is fun. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that will have to a walk through on that crush segment. It just made my head spin when I wasn't expecting it. LOL about the sashays, those are okay with me. The one move I don't really care for is the side to side pony type move. I think I probably look like a goof doing those. :D One of the Les Mills classes that I have always wanted to do was the Pump. It is suppose to be similar to Cathe's Power Hour or High Reps workouts. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day to go outside with the temps. :o LOL about your new location while of vacation. I'm sure no matter what you will have a great time.

Thelma, I kind of guessed the you where doing the packing thing. I love that you are getting a workout just doing all of that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another weird day of workouts. :o I had a plan in mind, it sounded good to me, I was all ready to go....when my iPad notified me that Cathe Live was on the air.....and I hit play and ended up doing a Live workout. I can’t explain it. B) It was Lower Body HiiT with Abs, so similar to LIHI Legs. I actually ended up really enjoying this workout. It was short and sweet but effective. But I certainly hadn’t planned another lower body workout for today! :o:o Anyhow, after that, I completely tossed aside anything from my original plan and did LITE Cardio Party Doubled. I added my kickboxing gloves to it which upped the intensity. But it was so fun that, honestly, I could still be in my workout room doing it. I love a workout like that! I finished it with LITE Extended Stretch 1. So we’ll see if my legs are up to PHA2 tomorrow or if I need to opt for more upper body-only work.

Tami, glad you enjoyed Cardio Party....and you made me laugh about the sashays. :D I am so with you on that. Moves like that are the reason I workout in the privacy of my own home, that’s for sure. I hope you get a replacement Rev’d Up DVD soon. I agree that Cathe’s customer service is usually pretty good about things like that. That is funny about your trip. We have never been to Kauai, but I have heard nothing but fantastic things about it. I think it is good you are staying south, because I have read the same about the rain up north. But I have also heard the north part of the island is stunningly beautiful. If you have the time, resources and inclination to take a helicopter tour......I hear that it would be unparalleled in beauty. Kauai is also probably a little less developed that Maui, and I think that is a good thing. I will be so anxious to hear your impressions!

Thelma, great job getting a workout in! Bet it felt good to do something ‘normal’. Oh, yes, stairs and moving. :# Luckily in the house we are living in now, the bulk of our living is on one floor. The only thing upstairs is my workout space (and storage) so there were far fewer trips up and down stair in moving in to this house.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! I am glad your knee is feeling better. These arctic blasts this year seem to really be involving significant pressure changes (which I feel in my head :/ ). That could be what you are feeling in your knee. I like your idea of doing the step portions of the Cardio Party Calorie Crush separately and as add-ons. That is probably a great way to learn them. Your DH sounds very motivated right now! I hope that continues. I know I like to see my DH more focused on his health again. Actually, referencing Thelma and the stairs and moving, he told me last night that it was carrying those few things up the stairs into our storage space and how tired he got doing it that convinced him it was time for a change. And he has not complained once about doing these few exercises each day, which is good. Love the sound of Rocket’s coat. I am sure he will appreciate it with these cold temps!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a good class last night as usual. We did HILLS almost the entire hour however, so by the end I was ready to be done. My mind has a tendency to wander in those workouts. Maybe because it is so slow and she plays slower music too. No workout yet today, hoping tonight I will get one in.

Thelma: Way to go on getting in your workout! All your moving and trips to the attic are a workout, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! Glad to hear you have made some nice progress.

Laurie: Excellent work with the XT Bis/Tris! Way to up the weights. Glad to hear your knee feels better today. So cute that Rocket likes his fleece coat. The reflective one will be nice for your early a.m. walks. I’m with you on trying things out over the weekend when I can rewind and try again OR as I am trying out a new workout I can write down my weights, etc. Cathe’s customer service said no problem on getting that DVD out to me. I just need to double check because I forgot to last night. YAY for that.

Laurel: Your LIVE workout this a.m. sounds great! Then of course your add-ons as well. Way to go. I think I will do my Leg workout tomorrow if I don’t get it in tonight … then PHA for Saturday! Definitely something to look forward to. I talked to another person today who said they have also heard amazing things about Kauai, so yay! Not that anything in Hawaii would be bad. I am thrilled to finally be going there.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did another Body Project workout today. I really like this instructor and his modifiers. I had to nurse a very stiff back this morning so moving was a must. Back to normal now but I wasn't very productive in the packing department. I think the rainy day made me feel lazy.

Laurie, so glad your knee is doing better. Great job with your workouts and congrats for going heavier! I bet Rocket is going to look adorable with his new coat!
    I hope you're able to convince your DH to do the workouts with you!

Laurel, what a great workout combo!! So glad you found it so enjoyable!

I can't believe you managed to get your DH to workout with you! Congrats on that munumental achievement!!

The bulk of our living is going to be on the upper level. My workout and DH's office space will be downstairs though. The stairs at the new house are spaced too far apart and my knees don't appreciate that when going up the stairs. I hope my knees get used to them.

Tami, glad you're enjoying your workouts! I can't believe Cathe got fancy and through some 'sashays' in the workout! LOL
    Going up and down the stairs is a nice workout!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Dang it is cold outside, we had -10 this morning. We didn't go for a walk, and Rocket was curled up on his bed when I came upstairs. He didn't even move. :D This morning I did 30MTF Amped Up Cardio.

Laurel, Reading you post I'm glad that I decided to just do cardio this morning. I so want to try the PHA 2 workout, so I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to do leg work the day before. Awesome job with your workouts! I used my gloves this morning on the Kelly workout too. It was a good way to get the bi's and tri's loose. I think that I used the right weight yesterday, so I hope that I can lift as heavy next week. I think that Cardio Party premix will be added to my rotation at some point. If Cathe would do Hi/Lo mixed with boxing again I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Tami, I'm glad that the spin class was good even with the slow pace on the hills. Glad to hear that your DVD is on it's way. That will be one that you will try out as soon as you get it. The double workout is only 68 min. :D I think that I'm going to try the one with the abs mixed in when I try that one out again. After this morning I think that Rocket will love his coat even more, since we are suppose to be getting -20 next week. He was very good about putting on his booties this morning to go outside, those things are a life saver with his paws.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! DH actually said that he is willing to try working out with me, so we will see how it goes tomorrow. I'm going to do my PHA 2 workout, and then have him come down for the MFP challenge. I will let you all know if it happens or not. ;)

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did the workout I planned to do today! Yay!! The sun is out, so I think that helps me mentally. The last couple of days, I have felt a bit like Eeyore. :# But back to normal today. So I started with PHA2, and I still love this workout. Since yesterday’s unexpected leg workout was short, I didn’t have any issues with doing this one today....thankfully. For cardio, I did the cardio from Cathe Live Summer 2016 Kickoff into Cathe Live Breathless Upper Body. Made for a great 60 minute combo.

Tami, while I enjoy doing hills on the spin cycle, I can’t imagine them for an hour. :o I think my mind would wander to. I am happy Cathe’s customer service was so responsive. My sister is planning/hoping to take her family to Kauai this spring for my oldest niece’s high school graduation. One of the things she mentioned they want to do is take the Jurassic Park tour, which I think is the areas where some of the Jurassic Park movies were filmed. When we were on Oahu, we took a tour to one of that island’s most popular movie/tv filming places (for series like Lost and the earlier Jurassic Park movies). While I am not much into visiting ‘hollywood’ things, I loved doing this because we got to see parts of the island we never would have been able to see otherwise....and it was so stunningly beautiful. Just thought I’d throw that out there.... :) .

Thelma, great workout! No doubt your back feels tight from all the moving stuff. People always ask me why I workout when moving, and it is for that exact reason....to loosen up my body (and, of course, help me keep my sanity. :) ). Hopefully you get used to your new steps. Thankfully it doesn’t sound like you will have to go up and down them a dozen or two times a day.

Laurie, great workout for such a cold morning. I think I would have been like Rocket....curled up in bed. :D Like I said above, I didn’t have any issues going into the PHA2 this morning with my lower body but that being said, I also didn’t go as heavy as I could either. So it was a trade-odd I suppose. I highly recommend the Cardio Party Doubled premix. I have a tendency to get very bored doing some of the doubled workouts, but not this one! And as you pointed out with the Rev’d Up doubled premix, it is a manageable length which helps. Hope your DH enjoys the workout tonight! My DH continues to improve, and I know he is enjoying that. Last night we started with planks (I try to switch up the order of the exercises every night), and he held it for 2 1/2 minutes. I was saying to myself (holding that plank) ‘is he never going to drop?’ My whole body was shaking! I love it that he is pushing me, if only in that one area (right now). I think he enjoyed pushing me too. :D

Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great time doing PHA 2 on Saturday, talk about a workout that ups the hr. I love when a workout makes you feel worked. Sunday I did Michelle Dozois's Bodyfit 360, this one is a lot like PiYo but longer. This morning was Walk Strong 3 Lower Body. We are having a snow storm this morning, so no one was on the road. Have to send Rockets coat back, it was to big. The sizing chart that they have is flawed. :D

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and I'm glad to hear that you are back to your normal self with the workouts. I wasn't able to get DH to try working out. That was okay, because he was hauling boxing up and down the steps on Saturday, so he did get a workout in. On Sunday he was gone all day long. I'm hoping that he will try it out tonight when I get home from work. ;) Not going to hold my breath though, because exercise is a four letter word in his mind. :D Great job with your DH holding plank that long, I would have shaky arms also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, as the rest of the US is being hit hard with winter, we had a beautiful weekend of sunshine and highs around 50. So DH and I took advantage and explored more of the walking/hiking trails in the hills around us. It was so nice to be outside this time of year! There is a possibility we will get 1-3” of snow tonight, but, right now, it is beautiful. We even saw buds on some trees, so spring is not too far away here in northern Alabama. I know.....I can :# about that at the moment. :D

Anyhow, in addition to the walking (we did five to six miles both days), on Saturday I did Cathe’s Yoga Max. Yesterday was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body, and I took it pretty heavy this time. Yowza! Heavy on this one is hard at the pace of this workout. I was definitely breathing hard! I feel it today, especially in my outer thigh/hip region. For cardio, I did Cardio Core Blast Live. Today was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders, and I took it as heavy as I could. :o So to ease up the arms after, for cardio, I did Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. It helped with the shoulder tightness, which is good.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the PHA2 workout. Such a good one. I love the pace of it. Actually.....I just love all of it. Sorry to hear you had to send Rocket’s coat back. From the sounds of it, he might need it this week. :o I will be curious to see how Huntsville handles snow if we get any. I have a feeling DH may be the only one on the road tomorrow if we do get hit. :) Thankfully they aren’t predicting it to get as cold as they were last week so if we do get snow, it won’t stay for long. I am sorry you didn’t get the chance to workout with your DH. At least he is feeling better by eating better, and I think that is most of the battle.....at least it is for me. Workouts....not a problem. Avoiding bad food..... B) .

Thelma and Tami, hope you enjoyed the weekend!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel