bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.09min, 12amph, 151mhr, 3mi= 153c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.11min, 10.02min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 71c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5.11min 10.02min mi, 148mmhr, .4mi= 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.54min, 7.8amph, 150mhr, 2.6mi= 212c

total cal 898
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did an Advanced Strength DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Maximum Cardio Burn DVD.

Suebdew – as far as the foods – I honestly don’t resist them totally. When I’m making them, I usually will sample. But I have to say that I’m lucky. I can have just a little bit and be satisfied. I know everyone isn’t like that, but as long as I have a taste, I’m fine.

Beth – Oh, I feel for you with water in your basement. We got water in the basement of our first house (high water table). Vince put all kinds of waterproofing paint on the walls, the water still came in. I know what a mess we used to have. That’s one reason why now every house we’ve bought he makes sure that it doesn’t get water in the basement. Sounds like you’re taking as many precautions as you can by keeping things in plastic totes.

Karen in VA – yea for your gs. What a testament to you!

Heather – feel better soon. Enjoy your celebration

Tracey – those pops are low in calories, high in calcium, high in protein and best of all…cheap. For some reason, it doesn’t taste as good unless you use orange juice. I tried apple, grape, but orange seems to be the best.

Home from the car place. Got an automatic dimming real view mirror installed. Personally, I think I could have lived without it, but Vince wanted it. Then stopped at Aldi only they didn’t have the meat I needed so went to Food Lion who was out of stock so I had to go to WalMart.

Yvonne – like I said to Tracey, orange seems to be the best. I like to use Greek yogurt. I remember when the kids were little, I’d give this to them for lunch! Today Jess (34) still likes them. Do you flavor your yogurt?

Michele in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA ... such difficult, but important conversations to have... continued prayers for you and your husband.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    :)<3Sue in WA, Since my husband's cancer diagnosis I have redoubled my efforts to spend time with him and pay attention to him. He has always been important but I have often put my own needs and interests first. Now I am more tuned to the realization that we will have a finite life together and I want to make the most of it.

:)<3Kim, You are one of the most resourceful people I know and I admire you. I am sorry to hear that some of your clients are making big changes that will affect your livelihood.

:)<3Allie, best wishes to you as you adjust to your new boss.

:) Jake fixed lunch today. He found a baked chicken recipe that looked easy for him to follow and he fixed it with frozen corn and frozen mashed potatoes. It was so great to come home from line dance class and find lunch ready for me as soon as I changed my clothes. He says that the evidence that he is feeling better is that he has the energy to fix lunch on line dance days. After lunch we watched a funny movie on TV and then took a nap for two hours.

<3 Barbie

Stats for today:
    *14,000 steps
    *two hour line dance class
    *165 minutes walking dogs
    *113 minutes riding the exercise bike
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Kim)))
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :) thanks!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Big changes, Kim. I know you will make the very best of things. Maybe this is a chance to work 'smarter not harder'. You do such long hours. Give classes?

Sue - My thoughts are with you. And with Barbie. And anyone else who lives with an ill loved one. <3
    I said to my DH this morning that one good effect of this awful virus is that it makes you realise what a lot of people have to cope with permanently. He is still finding it a struggle to do ordinary things. Coughing is a bit better.
    I am just 'under the weather' and fed up.
    Must go down to breakfast. Catch up later.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Advice needed please. I'm not sure how to handle my mum, she is the main caregiver to my dad who has cancer and is at home.
    Carers are starting on Monday to help wash and get him dressed if he feels well enough to go downstairs, if not to make him comfortable in bed ( prop him up for breakfast etc) It's as if my mum has "forgotten" how poorly my dad is.
    I don't know if she is in denial or what, but she seems to expect him to do more for himself than he is able. Whether she is just letting off steam to me I'm not sure, but she'll say things like he's "driving me mad I'm up and down stairs all the time/he knows I'm making his breakfast and when I take it up he's asleep" I know it can be difficult getting him to take all his tablets - he's never been good at taking tablets and he does have a lot to take, but the rest of the time he's no bother. This morning I gently reminded her that he is very poorly and probably can't help falling asleep at mealtimes.
    Do you think she's in denial? I know I was when my hubby was in hospital and it was such a shock when he passed because I honestly didn't expect it - he was too young! Looking back now I can't understand how I didn't know, but I thought he would be one of the lucky ones to recover from cancer.
    I'm not sure if I should keep reminding her that he is not going to get better or not. What do you think?

Thanks for listening, I'm not sure how to handle things and would appreciate your thoughts.

<3 Viv UK

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Viv - I would think she is scared and angry and wishes that none of this was happening. <3:'(<3:'( She is also probably thinking, 'Where am I in all this?' It's really ok for her to feel resentful, it's normal. Life is so b....y unfair. Let her know that those feelings are ok and take her out and make a fuss of her now and again. Tell her she deserves a treat. It sounds like your dad will soon be at the point where he needs more care than she can give. She is not young. You will know when that time has come. Of course, you need to have the 'end stage' conversations as well, hard as that may be.
    Your experience with your husband was a terrible shock and happened so quickly. Her experience is different.
    I'm so sorry that you are going through this. You also are grieving and it has brought back your own grief, which is still raw. Do vent on here whenever you want. We are listening. <3<3<3<3<3<3

I'm having a logistical problem with the trip to York. Trains not running etc. Grrrrrrrrrr! On the verge of giving up. The hotel is cancellable.

Dental check up today. Then getting ready for Burn's Night. I did do all my exercises today. o:)

DH upright and moving slowly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Today reached 38C (100.4F). 😎

I don't like the fires but I do like the heat! 😎
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Advice needed please. I'm not sure how to handle my mum, she is the main caregiver to my dad who has cancer and is at home.
    Carers are starting on Monday to help wash and get him dressed if he feels well enough to go downstairs, if not to make him comfortable in bed ( prop him up for breakfast etc) It's as if my mum has "forgotten" how poorly my dad is.
    I don't know if she is in denial or what, but she seems to expect him to do more for himself than he is able. Whether she is just letting off steam to me I'm not sure, but she'll say things like he's "driving me mad I'm up and down stairs all the time/he knows I'm making his breakfast and when I take it up he's asleep" I know it can be difficult getting him to take all his tablets - he's never been good at taking tablets and he does have a lot to take, but the rest of the time he's no bother. This morning I gently reminded her that he is very poorly and probably can't help falling asleep at mealtimes.
    Do you think she's in denial? I know I was when my hubby was in hospital and it was such a shock when he passed because I honestly didn't expect it - he was too young! Looking back now I can't understand how I didn't know, but I thought he would be one of the lucky ones to recover from cancer.
    I'm not sure if I should keep reminding her that he is not going to get better or not. What do you think?

Thanks for listening, I'm not sure how to handle things and would appreciate your thoughts.

<3 Viv UK

Viv She might be in denial. Regardless, your mum needs validation. Her feelings of frustration, exhaustion, futility, and resentment are normal, and so very common among caretakers. You don't want her to feel guilty for feeling that way...
    I just read Heather's reply. She said it better.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    ((((Sue and Viv))))) I’m so sorry. I know you must be exhausted both physically and mentally.

I am constantly amazed at how wise you all are in your responses and advice.