5luuv7rslctu.png

vemavhya2ip2.png

any of these look good?[/quot

Yes please!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Where did my day go?

Groomer took forever. She does chat a bit as well. She called Miss T a drama queen - which is not far off and as she gets old it gets worse.

Chicken soup and an English Muffin for dinner.

Luckily no place I know around here serves waffles/fried chicken. Tomorrow is another grocery shop - pizza for lunch and will try baking french fries in new "air fryer" for the oven. Figured cant miss with french fries - we shall see.

Not enough sun to heat up place, but at least some to perk things up.

Have not tried but her website is a good go to - https://www.skinnytaste.com/lighter-buffalo-wings-6-pts/

bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5893 total steps considering the weather that is amazing.

Wishing all a good night
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    @Twiley510 What do you like to read?

I love mystery/suspense. The book I treated myself to was Sandra Brown's "Seeing Red." My favorite authors are Patricia Cornwell, Catherine Coulter, Dean Koontz, Carol O'Connell, and Sandra Brown.

I also love Sci- Fi. Asimov is the best. I re-read the Foundation series on a regular basis.

I read just about anything. Celebrity auto-biographies became an obsession a few years ago. Betty White, Alan Alda, Dick Van *kitten*, and Carol Burnette all have fantastic books.

I love Sandra Brown, the first one I remember reading of hers was about a series of people killed that had heart transplants. I can’t remember the name right now but I may need to find it again. I enjoy Nora Roberts yearly novel that is a mystery/suspense too. I also enjoy biographies and true crime. I had to laugh at MFP correcting Dick Van D-Y-K-E

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Twiley if you like celebrity auto biog - have you read Kirk Douglas and Patty Duke?
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @Twiley510 - Oh I love Carol O'Connell's Kathy Mallory series!!
    The last really good thing I read was the Nightingale by Kristen Hannah - Not a mystery, but a terrific book set in France during WWII
    For mystery -suspense Robert Crais - the Elvis Cole /Joe Pike series is my all time favorite.

So lots of steps in today 11,295 - Food was under control. Praying my scale will be kind!

@Tilliesmommy1 - Thanks for the suggestion on the skinny wings - I am going to give them a try. I figure "skinny" wings with the fixings and chicken tortilla soup is not too bad for Superbowl!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Wind late last night was a little disturbing, so guess what? Yes, again late tonight.

Groceries/pharmacy (go during Super Bowl miss the rush?) and cooking. Hoping for a nap.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Twiley if you like celebrity auto biog - have you read Kirk Douglas and Patty Duke?

I do have Patty Duke's! Her candid portrayal of bipolar disorder started my journey into celebrity auto biography. I have not read Kirk's. Will have to look into it.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    @Twiley510 - Oh I love Carol O'Connell's Kathy Mallory series!!
    The last really good thing I read was the Nightingale by Kristen Hannah - Not a mystery, but a terrific book set in France during WWII
    For mystery -suspense Robert Crais - the Elvis Cole /Joe Pike series is my all time favorite.

So lots of steps in today 11,295 - Food was under control. Praying my scale will be kind!

@Tilliesmommy1 - Thanks for the suggestion on the skinny wings - I am going to give them a try. I figure "skinny" wings with the fixings and chicken tortilla soup is not too bad for Superbowl!

I've never been able to find anyone else who read O'Connell. It has been a few years since I have read them. Need to read them again.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    @Twiley510 I think the last one of that series I read was Winter House back in 2004. Wow! I didn't realize it had been that long! Might have to go back and do a re-read too.
    I joined Audible a few years ago because nothing was getting done at my house if I was in 'Book Mode' and I spend a lot of boring time on the road for work from time to time. I can walk for miles or clean for hours if I'm listening to a good book! Right now listening to the early books in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Millennium" series to catch back up for the 2 new ones I haven't read yet.

Ok scale was NOT kind despite the great activity level!! (and I thought good eating) I forgot to adhere to the 5 fruits and vegetables principal and I can tell it.
    Have a great day all!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    suzu read The girl with the dragoon tatto first book - good and fast read.

I was in grocery store parking lot getting myself into my car and a gust of wind caught my car door and I got smacked in the head by the window. I am not sure if that says more about the winds or my car.... Luckily all should be well - dont need coffee this morning. :p

Wanted chili cheese fries remembered sodium bomb on canned chili and left the canned chili at the store. Found a new possible vegetable burger-dinner with an English muffin.

Got a LOT of cheese - I have tried freezing it and it just isnt the same. Hope to finish it before it gets too old.

I would take things to dumpster but it is too yucky outside.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Yee Ha! Got a text from a friend last night asking if I wanted to meet and walk the trails this morning. Have not gotten together since we both got bunged up in late November. I blew the knee and she developed hip issues while we were training for the St Jude race. (well back then we were running... walking today, but it still felt so good to get out and move)
    Got 4.5 miles and 10,000 steps in by 10 AM.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Best chance of rain at 1pm and least is at 4pm so will try and go out when Superbowl starts around 3pm. Have a coupon get 20% off $30.00 or more and a 2nd heating pad sounds like a good idea - so will get one at Pharmacists.... Mushroom pizza in oven - just sauted them will use same skillet for fried rice in a couple of hours, using a ginger/garlic paste I found in the International store - 2 food prep processes I find annoying made easy.

suzu - glad you got back together with work out buddy and that you are both doing better.

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday/Superbowl day, all!

Prepped some buddha bowls for some lunches this week - quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes/broccoli/red onion, spinach and arugula, sliced almonds, and a drizzle of a maple balsamic dressing. Yum!

Going to snack a bit today, of course. Going to get back to tracking, etc. Have used this week to recoup from the vacation and wedding. Dad was also back in the hospital this week, and is still there, but doing better. It's been crazy.

Have been super productive this weekend. Lots of cleaning and some outdoor yard work as well that was WAY past due.

• Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

Just been hanging low... body is in full revolt... just feel awful. So not much energy to read and respond. Have ignored most of social media seriously for days.

@Twiley510 I went through a phase of autobiographical accounts from celebrities as well. “Breaking the Silence” by Mariette Hartley is AMAZING!! The depression of her parents and suicide attempts and dealing with the world of acting and having a family... it was so raw and real and funny in so many places. The birth of her child almost made me lose 10 lbs from laughing so hard!! I love that book. I’ve also read Drew Barrymore’s book and Candice Bergen’s... very interesting worlds and people that I’ll never know. I love the suspense/thrillers, too. “Caged”, “A Simple Favor” and “The Wife Between Us” were my absolute favorites last year. I was not as big a fan of the movie “A Simple Favor”... I don’t like the creative differences. Don’t use the same title is you are going to drastically change events. I do not like that at all.

Finished season 2 of The Handmaid’s Tale yesterday and got started with season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Having had a lot of experience with conservative Christianity and Judaism... I can see how things can get twisted as they did in Handmaid’s Tale... and I can laugh at the jokes and understand Mrs Maisel in such a refreshing way. It helps to focus on something else besides the pain and discomfort of my body.

Sorry about writing my own novel. Hope all the super bowlers enjoy the day and the commercials!!

Runa 🥰
  • suzu_2
    Options
    @RunaMarti Sorry you are feeling bad! I hope you get some help soon.

I am saving the Handmaids' Tale for next year when I retire. I need binge-worthy material!! Loved the book, so wasn't sure how I would feel about the series adaptation. So far I have heard nothing but positives.
    Mrs. Maisel is one of my favorite series in years- Irreverent, hysterically funny, and having grown up in the 50's and 60's scary true! A woman's role and opportunities just a few short years ago was frighteningly different than today. Thankful for all the brave men and women who have the gumption to affect change.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Got caught in downpour of day steps are not done yet - will get more in and see what football score is.

Fried rice became - rice/pork/parsnip/sweet potato with ginger/garlic paste in ginger teriyaki sauce (less sodium than soy sauce).

back later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5725 total steps

winding down to start week, washed blankets for comfort - oh and ate a Larrys/Lennys protein cookie a cookie is 2 portions but was almost done when I remembered -peanut butter chocolate chip.

wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

No change in weight - have held for 2 weeks. May be a sign..... No sugar on oatmeal in 2 weeks and no potato chips since November. No change in weight with a small rich piece of chocolate cake and a biscuit this week. Sounds to me like something may be working.

QOTD: I want to ______?

AOTD: Make sure that I get my walking in. Rain has made it difficult, so hallways for me at work. Light rain showers for today so maybe outside walking??

Cuddle up with dog. Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.