New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    Ohhh I want to try those mcdonalds fries! And I got the burger king funnel cake fries on the weekend and they were so good. I felt they tasted better than the actual cake!

thats it im sold going to get the funnel cake fries this weekend

Honestly, I feel like BK does a better job at executing new products than Mcdonalds. The funnel cake fries seem like a much better idea than donut sticks... wonder how the donut sticks are any different than French toast sticks?
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I heard that McDonald's also came out with cheese fries (covered in bacon). Has anyone tried them?
  • pancakerunner
    edited February 2019
    Options
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I heard that McDonald's also came out with cheese fries (covered in bacon). Has anyone tried them?

I have and I’m personally not a fan. It’s their regular fries with a cheap cheese sauce that tastes like cheez whiz and crumbled up bacon bits that remind me of the Beggin Strips I used to feed my dog. I love their regular fries but the new cheese fries just ruins them completely in my opinion! It’s also VERY salty which some people might not like; I love salt so that didn’t bother me, but the overall flavor did. Yuck!

On the bright side, this looks amazing!!!
    e6wsb3lnb5w0.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    edited February 2019
    Options

I know Arby's did, but didn't know about McDonalds. Interesting
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I have and I’m personally not a fan. It’s their regular fries with a cheap cheese sauce that tastes like cheez whiz and crumbled up bacon bits that remind me of the Beggin Strips I used to feed my dog. I love their regular fries but the new cheese fries just ruins them completely in my opinion! It’s also VERY salty which some people might not like; I love salt so that didn’t bother me, but the overall flavor did. Yuck!

On the bright side, this looks amazing!!!
    e6wsb3lnb5w0.jpeg

I'm a sucker for anything white chocolate raspberry flavored lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I know Arby's did, but didn't know about McDonalds. Interesting

Idk Arby's (top pic) looks 100x more appetizing in my opinion

e1cmb6xtluxq.png
    tlvoq84a3pjj.png

Lol, Mcdonalds bacon fries look so sad compared to Arby's. Those look awesome. I love curly fries!

Of course Mcdonalds had to make sweet fries after BK did. They can't let their competition make anything with busting out a similar item, haha! I think funnel fries sound much more delicious than donut sticks/fries. But if they are made from a bakery like @pancakerunner said, they might end up being amazing. I plan to try the funnel fries soon too because of the good reviews on here.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    a0923de9-6dd1-47e8-a8cd-c49d9134f9ca._CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464__.jpg

Apparently there is a line of frozen Benihana meals now. I'm curious, but I'll wait until I catch them on sale. Usually frozen chinese/japanese food isn't that great.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I found four of the new Haagen-Dazs spirits ice cream flavors! Tried three of them today - bourbon vanilla bean truffle, rum tres leches, and Irish cream brownie.
    jxsb79pvubgs.jpg
    Bourbon vanilla bean truffle was tasty, but not my favorite. The bourbon taste is pretty prominent in this. The chocolate truffles, while tasty, seem to be more of just chocolate pieces instead of what I think of as chocolate truffles. I'd give this an 8/10.

The rum tres leches and Irish cream brownie flavors were both amazing. I don't know which is my favorite, both are 10/10. For the rum tres leches, the rum ice cream was subtle but you could definitely taste it. The dulce de leche swirl and tres leches cake pieces were delicious too. The Irish cream brownie flavor was similar in that the Irish cream ice cream had the perfect amount of Irish cream in it, and the brownie and fudge swirl mix-ins complemented it very well. If anything, the brownie pieces weren't quite brownies but were more small chocolate cake like pieces, but it was still really good.

gwonmyvndsn4.jpg

One thing that I noticed with the spirits line is that the serving size are different from the other Haagen-Dazs lines. Their other ice creams list a serving as 1/2 cup with 3.5 servings per container, but the spirits line lists a serving as 2/3 cup with 2.5 servings per container.
    ao9gu27d1cgl.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I found four of the new Haagen-Dazs spirits ice cream flavors! Tried three of them today - bourbon vanilla bean truffle, rum tres leches, and Irish cream brownie.
    jxsb79pvubgs.jpg
    Bourbon vanilla bean truffle was tasty, but not my favorite. The bourbon taste is pretty prominent in this. The chocolate truffles, while tasty, seem to be more of just chocolate pieces instead of what I think of as chocolate truffles. I'd give this an 8/10.

The rum tres leches and Irish cream brownie flavors were both amazing. I don't know which is my favorite, both are 10/10. For the rum tres leches, the rum ice cream was subtle but you could definitely taste it. The dulce de leche swirl and tres leches cake pieces were delicious too. The Irish cream brownie flavor was similar in that the Irish cream ice cream had the perfect amount of Irish cream in it, and the brownie and fudge swirl mix-ins complemented it very well. If anything, the brownie pieces weren't quite brownies but were more small chocolate cake like pieces, but it was still really good.

gwonmyvndsn4.jpg

One thing that I noticed with the spirits line is that the serving size are different from the other Haagen-Dazs lines. Their other ice creams list a serving as 1/2 cup with 3.5 servings per container, but the spirits line lists a serving as 2/3 cup with 2.5 servings per container.
    ao9gu27d1cgl.jpg

If I’m not mistaken, the reason the new labels have a different serving size has to do with the FDA. I’ve noticed the servings change on several ice creams to 2/3 cup, and rather than showing things like Vitamin C % I now notice labels include potassium, added sugar, etc.
    I read somewhere a while back it has to do with forcing companies to show the calories for a more “realistic” portion size... but realistically, if I had a pint of ice cream in front of me like that it’s going down in one sitting. ESPECIALLY Haagen dazs! That looks AMAZING.

Also saw this posted!!!
    4wkddh7d7mu2.png
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    crh7w7yoqh9e.jpg
    Did someone post this yet?
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    jxsb79pvubgs.jpg

gwonmyvndsn4.jpg

ao9gu27d1cgl.jpg

If I’m not mistaken, the reason the new labels have a different serving size has to do with the FDA. I’ve noticed the servings change on several ice creams to 2/3 cup, and rather than showing things like Vitamin C % I now notice labels include potassium, added sugar, etc.
    I read somewhere a while back it has to do with forcing companies to show the calories for a more “realistic” portion size... but realistically, if I had a pint of ice cream in front of me like that it’s going down in one sitting. ESPECIALLY Haagen dazs! That looks AMAZING.

Ah, interesting about the FDA. Yeah, it was a struggle to limit myself as I wanted to try more than just one of the new flavors! I did only try a tiny bit of each though (a little over 50g for each flavor).
  • hgycta
    Options
    Not sure if this was posted or not, but if anyone hasn’t tried these you NEED to!!!! Found them in Target; even my dad, who hates Hershey’s kisses, agreed these are his favorite. It’s a dark chocolate with a very smooth chocolate liquid center. It feels like a Lindt truffle but only 20 calories per kiss as compared to ~77 calories per truffle!
    wqhq7pur2x15.jpeg

Also found these in the dollar tree but I haven’t tried them yet!
    21ffy07del1n.jpeg
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was posted or not, but if anyone hasn’t tried these you NEED to!!!! Found them in Target; even my dad, who hates Hershey’s kisses, agreed these are his favorite. It’s a dark chocolate with a very smooth chocolate liquid center. It feels like a Lindt truffle but only 20 calories per kiss as compared to ~77 calories per truffle!
    wqhq7pur2x15.jpeg

Also found these in the dollar tree but I haven’t tried them yet!
    21ffy07del1n.jpeg

I've already been through three bags of the lava cake Hershey kisses. They are amazing.

Someone brought the sour patch conversation hearts into work, but I was too wary to try them. If I'm gonna eat 100 calories of sugar, I'd rather it be chocolate. :-)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2019
    Options
    lcyw02qjga5i.jpeg
    c1v5jb828qn0.jpeg
    ce7wlrdlbcfc.jpeg
    Caramel apple sounds good. Wonder how oat milk compares to other non dairy ice creams.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Reminder in case you guys forgot! Free halo top at 12:01 am tonight if you are up, lol . https://shop.halotop.com/pages/pop-packs

dmz69dtx7gly.png