Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    14miles / 50 miles

Hmmmm....I need to pick it up a bit if I'm going to make my goal this month.

Nah, just run like 25 miles today and you will be well on your way :lol:

Lol!! Sure! Wait...No. Just No.

I should say, not yet. It is my goal to be able to run a full marathon by next year. I have a plan. Hopefully my old body will follow it!

lol this is kinda my strategy, I have done next to no running the last week (see shoe drama earlier in thread) but now I have new shoes, I'm picking up my old plan (5k per day, 5 days a week) and doing a 20k run/walk this weekend - its for charity though. No idea how much I'm going to run, hopefully half of it. But will see, its been a month since I've done anything greater than about 6k for various reasons.

So further to that, took the new shoes for a 5k this morning. No knee pains (yay!). They felt great. I "noticed" my posterior tibial tendon, not enough to say it hurt, but enough to say I noticed it. So Ill be keeping an eye on that, but by the end of Saturday I'll know for sure. I'm quietly confident because in the past when Ive had issues with that, it wasn't hurting when running, only when walking after. so will see. I just so sensitive about it because that issue stopped me running for almost a month.

Glad your'e doing better!! Which shoes did you get?

Thanks @BettyM1017 I got the Asics Gel Kayano 25 (my old shoes were the 24).
    Went for another run this morning and didnt notice anything. no pains, so yay, new shoes for the win. I'm having a rest day tomorrow (friday) because Saturday I'm doing a 22km charity run/walk, that I have not trained for at all. But it will be a good excuse to test out my new shoes - that will be a definitive answer lol - and my new hydration pack.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to get that plastic taste out of a new bladder (or do I only have this experience because I got a cheap $15 hydration pack from wish.com?)? Ive flushed it but maybe I need to do it more? And does anyone put liquid other than water in theirs? thinking Gatorade (not alcohol but rum would be nice!)

Try rinsing it with either a bleach and water solution, followed by a thourough cleaning. If you dont want to use bleach, perhaps vinegar may do the same thing? Otherwise, I'm not sure. It may be one of those things that just goes away with time.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Speaking of, does anyone know how to get that plastic taste out of a new bladder (or do I only have this experience because I got a cheap $15 hydration pack from wish.com?)? Ive flushed it but maybe I need to do it more? And does anyone put liquid other than water in theirs? thinking Gatorade (not alcohol but rum would be nice!)

I haven't tried this, but read to fill it with water then a tablespoon of vinegar and shake that up. Then a tablespoon of baking soda and shake again. Drain and rinse afterward of course.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I did not have this problem with my Wunjo pack, but if I did I would try distilled vinegar first. Like 50% water/vinegar and let it soak for a few, then rinse thoroughly. Maybe repeat once or twice. Since vinegar is safe to drink if you leave some behind it will just taste funny but not be dangerous. :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, but today was a fun day. The proofs for my new book arrived, and the ebook was released in all stores.

Now, I just need to write the sequel. Need figure out how to write and do long runs at the same time! :D

Easy, all you need to do is take a recorder with you and dictate it. Then find a secretary who is capable of transcribing words and not including the panting or gasping or cussing or whatever your involuntary noises of choice are during long runs :-)

On the topic of making use of time while brushing teeth... I know a guy who does squats while he brushes his. I remember the first time he told me that my instant thought was "ok, stay away from this dude, he's insane". Now I kind of get it. Not enough to do it, but yeah. I like the idea for calf raises, except I have to do mine off a step and think I would break my neck without something to hold onto.

I do my calf raises while making breakfast in the morning. I think if I tried to do them while brushing teeth there would be toothpaste everywhere.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    01Feb - 1.85 miles (treadmill)
    03Feb - 3.85 miles (outside)
    04Feb - 1.8 miles (treadmill)
    07Feb - 1.85 miles (treadmill)
    08Feb - 2 miles (treadmill)
    09Feb - 6.8 miles (outside)
    11Feb - 2 miles (treadmill)
    14Feb - 2 miles (treadmill)

Total to date: 22.15 miles of 40

Trying to work out when I can get a longer run in over the next 3 days, but might have to just stick with a 5k at some point when I have half hour or so to spare!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I do pistol squats when brushing my teeth. I have an electric toothbrush which buzzes every 30 seconds, so I focus on one leg for the first 30 seconds, then switch.

It's a challenge to be sure, the trick is not to use water during that time - just toothpaste on the brush and keep the mouth fairly closed!!!
    And the whole being on one leg is....not easy. But it's a great stretch for my achilles.

Oh wow, hats off on the pistol squat + tooth brushing combo, even with an electric brush. I’ve been doing skater squats at the gym recently and it’s reminded me that even if my balance is a lot better than it was a couple of years ago, it still has lots of room to improve!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, but today was a fun day. The proofs for my new book arrived, and the ebook was released in all stores.

Now, I just need to write the sequel. Need figure out how to write and do long runs at the same time! :D

Congrats! Share the link please. If you already did, sorry, I'm bad about keeping up in here.