WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Machka. Oops, thought it wasn't til the 15th :}
    NYKaren fighting screaming yelling over birthday party plans? :noway: Well done for counteracting it with healthy food prep.
    Lisa the rolls turned out way too good. Had to bag 'em up and freeze 'em after eating two.
    KJ The proportions were roughly 1/2 all purpose flour, 1/4 whole wheat pastry flour and 1/4 oat bran soaked in apple cider. They were so light I bet I could change to 1/4 AP and 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour. Kept out about a cup of the flour mix and all of the salt until after both the dough rested 20 mins, and after the first rise (all day in the fridge). Then mixed it in, rolled walnut sized balls of dough, put 3 each in muffin tin cups, covered with lightly greased plastic wrap and let rise overnight in the fridge. Hoo boy the smell of baking yeast bread. And yes, they simply screamed "Butter me!" Life is good!
    Allie hooray for the jeggings NSV!
    Katla Sounds like a great plan, so happy this trip is a GO!
    Carol Airstream through downtown NYK? :noway:
    Tracey safe travels and have fun!
    pip, snowing in WA again???

Welcome JLose65. So very very sorry for your loss. Many of the women here don't do the 'friend' thing, but are most generous with their support and wisdom. When all else fail, there is always pip's boot. ;)
    Welcome back Barb!

Can't dredge up the energy to meditate, exercise, or anything else so I'm off to bed.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 4/31, 60 g protein 4/31, rx/vits 4/31, meditate 4/31, knee exercises 4/31, SWSY 0/8, play with Tumble 4/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 4/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/06 LT: SWSY-N MT: get slow leaking tire repaired-Y ST: Call loan co-ordinator for email forms-Y
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Machka. Oops, thought it wasn't til the 15th :}

It's the 9th, but ...

It's the 9th in Canada which is the 10th here in Australia, so I celebrate 2 days 9th here and 10th here, but ...

As it happens, it's a long weekend in Australia around my birthday -- the Labour Day long weekend. So I usually end up celebrating at least 3 days, but ...

This weekend, I'm taking an extra day off, so I'll be celebrating 4 days!! And why not!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

I was chatting to some of my coworkers today and found out that one of them and her partner have "a week of pressies" for each of their birthdays. I think it's 6 days of little things and 1 larger present. :) Not a bad idea!

And speaking of birthday traditions, in the cyclist community we cycle the our age on our birthdays, preferably in miles ... but possibly in kilometres.

Most years, I've done well over my age in miles on or around my birthday ... so if I don't quite make it this time, I'll take some miles from a previous year. :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Each of my parents had one sibling.. my uncle Tom my dads brother is the only one left..I see him once or twice a year,that side of the family wasn't to close,when I was younger we were..my moms brothers family was out in Minnesota when I was growing up so didnt get to see them much..I am friends with most of them on facebook.we are scattered all over the country now
    Have to go into work for a few hours today.my Boss is taking a course so he cant be there.
    My DFIL place still quarantined until at least Sunday .I'm dropping Homer and Chester my other pups at the groomers today and picking them up.

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Machka, happy birthday a few days ahead. :)

Allie, congrats on the non-scale victory!

Tracey in Edmonton, what a cutie!

February was the first month in more than a year that I did not have to file travel expenses for my job. March looks like it may be a repeat - but April 2, I have to be in Texarkana, about 3 hours away. Oh well, couldn't last forever. :)

For the next three Fridays and Saturdays (except for this Saturday), I'll be at cookie cupboard in town, helping volunteers obtain the Girl Scout cookies they need to keep their booths going. It's a great concept, means that volunteers don't have to buy all the cookies they need up front, the council takes on the financial burden of the 1,300 cases (just in THIS town) at the beginning, then volunteers can replenish just the ones they're running out of as sales continue through March 23. Kinda love my job. :blush:

And on the 18th, I see the doc and am released from all restrictions (not that I paid much attention to them anyway).

Which reminds me... keep checking in with your doc if you're not sure about something. They put me on Eliquis coming out of the hospital, a blood thinner to prevent clots after a knee or hip replacement, which is a typical preventative. Told me (verbally) that I needed to take it for 30 days. Well, Walgreen called and said I had a refill to fill on it, so I called the doctor's office and they said no, I didn't need to refill it, thereby saving me about $75, as well as continuing to take a medicine I don't need to be taking anymore. If you're unsure, check...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    JLose65 so sorry for your loss.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Machka! <3

Carol - sending hugs and good wishes on your upcoming knee replacement. Sounds like everyone who has gone that route has been pleased with the results, and keeping on top of the PT is a great idea.

Katla
    - maybe once the weather turns nicer your DH will get enthused about doing some traveling in the RV. Good idea to let your son take the wheel or at least be the pilot car through heavy traffic.

Dana - glad to see your smiling face back here! So sorry about your mom's final year and what you went thru with your sis.

I loved reading the parent stories - Lisa's mom and the mouse, Kelly's report card. I might have one of my report cards around here, they used to measure and weigh us and it was written on the card - I remember myself being a chubby kid, at least chubbier than my older sister. Both of my parents were only children - they weren't perfect, but miss them a lot. They lived into their late 80's. I get along well with my siblings - we share a group email several times a month with news.

Old tax forms and papers - when we lived on the farm, we stored old documents in the barn in the hay mow. It was nice dry, secure storage. Then the roof blew off the barn in a nasty windstorm, much rain ensued and the soggy moldy docs went into the dumpster along with a lot of other things :'( . I know I have at least 7 years worth of tax returns and some paperwork connected to our last 2 houses in a file here in the house.

It's 33 degrees out and we have about an inch of beautiful snow on the ground. And I hear a little froggie just outside the window.... he's in slow gear though, lol.

I've been into the sugary snacks and chips more than I care to admit, just can't seem to leave them alone -- when we had sunny days I did well though. For some reason the cold weather is really giving me a lot of arthritis pain in my right hand, baby finger joint and thumb joint. I wonder how bad it would be if I wasn't on Celebrex for my shoulder. Sigh.

OK, enough griping about my little aches and pains. Make it a good day, ladies! Stay warm and drive safely. New and returning ladies, just jump on in when you can. B)<3 Welcome!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    OMG. "The Birds" The caption says crows, but I think they are grackles.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning again,I dropped the boys off at the groomers and went home to check on Alfie ,and went up for early visit with my friend Trudy.. we are going out to lunch somewhere just dont know where..after I pick the boys up from groomers.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Is it possible the sugar is making your joints hurt more? It definitely makes a difference in mine. I too have been having way too much sugar.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lanette - Is it possible the sugar is making your joints hurt more? It definitely makes a difference in mine. I too have been having way too much sugar.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Okie
    , you are probably right. Salt probably isn't helping either with water retention. What's that I hear.... Pip and her boot! YIKES!!! B)<3

Lanette

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »

I can understand a 20 year old not knowing what fondant is, but a 50 year old????

Michele in NC

I didn't know what fondant was until I was in my late 40s and started watching "The Great British Bakeoff". :)

I like baking but doing fancy stuff with icing just wasn't my thing.

M in Oz

:) I am a lot older than that and I had to look up "fondant" on the internet and I'm still not sure I know what it is or if I'd recognize it in a photo.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    2559661yoxeq9fisc.gif

The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..." Tibetan proverb (Thank you, Katla, for sharing this)

Obsessed is the word the very lazy use to describe those who are dedicated.