What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Food still has the ability to give me horrible gas even when I'm not over my calorie goal. It's not just eating too much that can cause stomach issues, and I realized that quite clearly this weekend. One must work up to eating decent amounts of kimchi if one hasn't had it before - even though it is delicious and quite easy to eat half a jar.

I have discovered the usefulness of Beano (well, store brand digestive enzymes compared to Beano).

Beano before, there will be no gas :smiley:

Beano before, silence after :smiley:

My husband has to hear me say this every time we have dinner.... :smiley:

I'm gonna have to try it! Pepto Bismol hasn't been cutting it lately, but I've been sticking to it because I'm a weirdo that likes the taste of it. I can't have the chew-able tablets in the house because those are even better and I will eat them like candy. I'm the same way with tums, but not as bad as I am with pepto.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    I don't get how anyone comfortably buys bathing suits. Even when I was thin I hated that experience.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @Teerai I'm going to have to check this out! I almost always have to wear a long-sleeve rashguard (I burn like fresh hot cakes on a griddle in under 2 seconds flat) no matter what "suit" I have unless I go out with a few extra pounds of sunscreen. Then I feel like a french fry ready for the deep fryer!

Amazon, you say? Thanks for the info!
  • RelCanonical
    Teerai wrote: »
    Allgaun wrote: »
    I don't get how anyone comfortably buys bathing suits. Even when I was thin I hated that experience.

Check out amazon swimwear.
    They have some very cute part and full coverage suits now.
    I even see many young women choosing suits they can swim in and not worry about falling out or bubbling out.

Some look like workout wear with legs of different lengths and even zip-up short and long sleeve suits.
    Some are advertised as water ski suits but you can pretty much choose the amount of coverage you want.
    I like the one piece kind as a daily workout swimsuit that goes from the gym to the pool in a snap!

But there Is pretty much any and as much coverage as you want and people are so used to seeing active water-wear now that it’s normal for all ages.

5hjjuojhqsvy.jpeg

I loooove this suit. I didn't realize they had ones with sleeves like this. It would be wonderful not just for the style but for the sun coverage. It would be nice to be able to swim without worrying about how well I did my back with sunscreen.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member

I even see many young women choosing suits they can swim in and not worry about falling out or bubbling out.

Some look like workout wear with legs of different lengths and even zip-up short and long sleeve suits.
    Some are advertised as water ski suits but you can pretty much choose the amount of coverage you want.
    I like the one piece kind as a daily workout swimsuit that goes from the gym to the pool in a snap!

But there Is pretty much any and as much coverage as you want and people are so used to seeing active water-wear now that it’s normal for all ages.

5hjjuojhqsvy.jpeg

I loooove this suit. I didn't realize they had ones with sleeves like this. It would be wonderful not just for the style but for the sun coverage. It would be nice to be able to swim without worrying about how well I did my back with sunscreen.

I agree! It would also be great to protect my tattoos from the sun!!
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    -your boyfriend says in that worried tone "how much more weight are you going to lose?"
    Is he:
    (1) concerned you're too skinny?
    (2) afraid your breasts / bottom will completely disappear?
    (3) afraid you'll put his diet and exercise routine under the microscope?
    (4) worried you're so fit now you might run off into the sunset with a faster fitter kind of guy?

Ha! All of the above are optional!
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    sgriska wrote: »
    That you’ll go to rub the back of your neck and shoulders and it will feel like a completely different person back there, like you’re rubbing the wrong back!

Or that you will even get to reach your arms all the way back there comfortably. I still struggle if I'm in a coat slightly too small! Sad.
  • RelCanonical
    Food still has the ability to give me horrible gas even when I'm not over my calorie goal. It's not just eating too much that can cause stomach issues, and I realized that quite clearly this weekend. One must work up to eating decent amounts of kimchi if one hasn't had it before - even though it is delicious and quite easy to eat half a jar.

I have discovered the usefulness of Beano (well, store brand digestive enzymes compared to Beano).

Beano before, there will be no gas :smiley:

Beano before, silence after :smiley:

My husband has to hear me say this every time we have dinner.... :smiley:

I'm gonna have to try it! Pepto Bismol hasn't been cutting it lately, but I've been sticking to it because I'm a weirdo that likes the taste of it. I can't have the chew-able tablets in the house because those are even better and I will eat them like candy. I'm the same way with tums, but not as bad as I am with pepto.

Beano is totally different. It's a digestive enzyme (or enzyme cocktail?) you take before you eat something that will cause gas (for me, it's broccoli or cauliflower, etc), it won't do any good after (like gas-x or pepto). I also take lactaid for dairy, which works the same way. You take it before you eat, not after. Both are digestive enzymes that help your body break down the sugars and starches that cause gas and bloating when the bacteria in your large intestine gets ahold of it. Since they are more efficiently broken down in the stomach and small intestine, they just don't make it to the gas producing stage.

Thanks! I'll remember to do that. I have some known trigger foods, usually in the fermented or pickled categories, so I'll know to take it before.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member

5hjjuojhqsvy.jpeg

Do you have a link for this particular suit?
  • RelCanonical
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

5hjjuojhqsvy.jpeg

Do you have a link for this particular suit?

There's a couple listings that seem to have different sizes, so you can search the brand on amazon if this listing doesn't have your size: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784WVGGR/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?th=1&psc=1
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    TMI but I need a rash guard lower down, if ya know what I mean. Shaving has always been nightmarishly painful. Nice to know my ugly old Lycra shorts might actually be fashionable at the pool this year, although now that I’m down weightwise, it would be lovely to be able to show it off in a “normal” swimsuit. *sigh*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!