WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Megamom,what was it that you got on Amazon for your pup for skin allergies?
    My friend Trudy came down for dinner..I made us a nice grass fed steak with sauted mushrooms and roasted asparagus ,and mashed cauliflower with sour cream and chive.. it was delish..I dont usually cook big like that but she has had me so many times, nice to reciprocate..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, Thank you for the research on DST. It makes perfect sense.

:) I'd love to see us on the same time year round. I'm used to walking in the dark so it doesn't much matter to me. I just hate the government imposed jet lag twice a year.

<3 Barbie
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lanette, so sorry to hear about your friends dog. Our fur babies really are a part of the family.
    Lisa, I too have a few body parts that think I've lost my mind! After not doing anything for the better part of three weeks, I was a little too enthusiastic about some exercises, but it did hurt so good! lol
    Allie, your dinner sounds amazing!
    Machka, I think it's still your birthday week, so happy birthday!
    Sorry, can't remember who was asking about substituting lamb, I'm not a lamb fan, and it is pricey here also, but I would try chicken, pork or even beef, tofu might be too mild tasting to be suitable. Worst case scenario, you chalk it up to lesson learned. I know I've had a few recipes that I'll never make again!! lol
    Also can't remember who it is who has the friend who was attacked by a kindergartner, all I can say is OH MY!! I sincerely hope that help can be found for him and his mom. Also hope that a suitable learning environment can be found for him where there won't be a danger to other students and teachers.
    Love the photo of the Stonehenge time change! I too wish we could just pick one and be done with it.
    Not much to say this time as I think I'm actually all caught up with all of you! Although I do think I missed a page a while back as someone made a comment about something that I don't remember reading about, but oh well, I'll figure it out.....
    Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ate way too much sugar during my open window for eating ... which changed time due to DST ... phlbbt! Tomorrow is another day.
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi all. We had sunshine here today! Cold and huge winds.....but sunshine! Every thing is a mess here with snow melting but it has to happen.

Kim - totally agree - Daylight Savings Time a huge pain. My BIL lives in Indiana and that state does not participate. There are others, can’t think now who....

Busy week this week, sitting here trying to schedule workouts so I don’t miss any days!

Every one have a great Monday tomorrow! Holly in Missouri
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Stonehenge - LOLOLOL
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a Leslie Sansone DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some of a 10MS Pilates DVD and then take the extremepump class. One thing that I like about Leslie Sansone DVDs is that you can see some saddlebags on her (not much) and most of the women in her videos are “normal” people. Women with things like an extra layer of flab around the middle. It’s not big, but you can still see it. To me, these are “normal” people.

Picked Shadow up today (remember, she had been staying with Jess’ bf while we were in FL?). I had the grilled shrimp for lunch. Why is it that something healthy is the most expensive thing on the menu, well compared to Vince’s burger and Colby’s chicken strips. Got home and made the diaper cake. I don’t know if I like the color on the “smokestack”. I might very some navy material and use that instead.

Holly – Hawaii and Arizona don’t take part in DST. That must be a pain for companies who deliver goods (like Amazon). They have to be sure to schedule deliveries when businesses are open.

I went in Shadow’s room to get her dish for her wet food, she was waiting at the door and snuck out. So she’s now in the living room growling at any of our cats if they come near her. Back to normal!

My temporary crown felt weird, like it had shifted. Then I had an apple and it’s like it shifted back. Go explain that. I’ll probably call the dentist anyway.

Michele in NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your loss, KJ. What you wrote is lovely.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Glad to have a day with nothing fixed in it to do. :D Will exercise and maybe run, but it is still blowing out there in the bright sunshine, so may go for the recumbent bike as my bonus.
    Our DST is the last Sunday in March, so not quite yet. I don't mind this one, but HATE the change back to GMT as I always get so HUNGRY,!!!! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Sending strength and peace to those facing challenges this week. Good luck to your teacher friend Margaret. I’ll be thinking of her. Kelly you’ve got This, you speak from the heart and all will be well.

My new dental crown feels funny also, not painful, just different.

Taxman took a bite out of us, but at least it’s done and dusted. Now off to be a big girl and face the week of challenges myself :p<3

NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

Marianne in Cali - you've joined just by posting, we're glad you're here, and you've bookmarked us, so join in any conversation how and as you wish. Don't feel you have to respond to every post (I tried at first, but gave up fairly quickly), feel free to ask questions, ask for advice, or give it. We're glad you're here!

Rori - thank you for the YouTube rowing video, she added a number of things I hadn't considered. One thing I've done to increase the workout my arms are getting is gripping the bar underhand, as well, and curling the bar to my chin. I need to think about keeping my back straight more as well, and leaning back into the stroke a bit more.

Machka - yes, easing into anything is not ordinarily my style, but letting my body (and the knee) dictate the pace is helping. I tend to boil into new things arms wide open, hair on fire, but age might have finally taught me a tiny bit on that front. Maybe. No promises! :smiley:

Yesterday was my 3-month mark with my new council, tomorrow is five weeks since the knee replacement. I see the doc in a week, and am so pleased with the healing process overall. Did a little research, and the swelling I spoke of yesterday is typical, and can last up to six months post-op. There's no heat in the knee anymore, though, and am able to get it in a neutral position now where there's no pain at all, which is helping the overall exhaustion. Have also not gained weight during the process, which is a triumph for me.

And... the 25-year-old son leaves in 13 days. Will miss him, but looking forward to just being us again. We lived five months with our daughter last year over the winter, Nov to April, and now we've had our son with us for five months - Oct to March. Oddly fair, but so incredibly glad it will soon be just us. We've missed that a lot. And, I'm hoping to see him succeed on his own terms and in his own way at school.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Machka- Happy birthday a little late.

Dana- Happy birthday

Kelly- Hugs! I love the tribute. So poetic.

Driving to Detroit today for husband's eye appt. 4 hours up. An hour there. 4 hours home. Long day. Have to make this trip every 8 months.

My MIL came over yesterday to drop off mail. She asked where I was going as I had on a dress, Jose, and heels. No where. Just cleaning house, but wanted to look pretty. I dont get to dress up often and some sundays are just comfy clothes, but needed the uplift yesterday. Get to dress up today too! Yay!

I am going home for a short trip the weekend of the 22nd. I will get to meet Aibrey and visit with my aunt. I am happy! Husband not so much. He said we are getting too close to spring. I told him he could stay home, but I NEED a trip home. It has been 2 years. Not sure if he is coming or staying, but I AM going . About a 7 hour drive. Donovan and I have supported the shop since September while my sister in law was going through her drama and the guys hunting until January. Time for me even if short.

Will finish reading now. Ran out of time to comment yesterday.

Welcome!
    Hugs!
    Congrayulations!

You are the most supportive women I know!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where spring is peaking around the corner.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    s0111.gif