TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight for my little guy and he loved it so thought I would make it my recipe:

Black Beans
    Corn
    Tomato
    mix together and heat

Brown Rice
    Fresh Spinich(cut small)
    Green Onion

Add the spinich and onion in when you add the rice to cook

Lean Ground beef (just a little)
    Chedder Cheese
    Whole wheat tortilla

**I mixed it all for him and gave him a half tortilla and he ate it up!

**I have to look into how many calories this in I will add that later.

I'm gonna make this for my son tonight! Except with ground chkn instead of ground beef

He loved it! Thanks for sharing!!

I am so excited that he liked it and it was super easy and inexpensive. It's funny because I was going to try to find some cool recipe online but then though this recipe was great! Funny how I complicate things some times!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Recipe challenge- Whole wheat blueberry muffins

Ingredients:

Canola/Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
    Sugar – 3/4 cup
    Large Egg – 1
    Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
    Baking Powder – 1 tsp
    Salt – 1/4 tsp
    Fresh Blueberries – 1 cup
    Orange Juice – 1/2 cup

Method:

1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F/180 degrees C.
    2. In a large bowl, pour the Oil.
    3. Mix in the Sugar and break the Egg into it and whisk till it is creamy.
    4. Separately, sift the following: Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Set aside.
    5. Add 1 tbsp of the sifted Flour into the Berries and toss till all the berries are coated. Set aside.
    6. Fold the sifted dry ingredients and the Orange Juice into the Oil and Sugar mixture alternately.
    7. Add and fold till all the dry ingredients and the Orange Juice is incorporated into the batter. Try not to overwork the batter.
    8. Mix in the Blueberries, folding into the batter 2-3 times.
    9. Coat a muffin tray with some cooking spray.
    10. Divide the batter into the muffin tray filling only 3/4th of the way.
    11. Bake in the center of the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
    12. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
    13. Take the tray out of the oven and 2-3 minutes, pop the muffins out so they do not sweat, create moisture and get soggy.

Calories-140

I am sure kids are going to love it.. :-) No kids around..lol
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Recipe Challenge: My little guy is too young to enjoy these but my neice and nephew think they ar the best!

Fruity Fun Skewers
    Ingredients
    5 large strawberries, halved
    1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
    2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
    1 apple, cut into chunks
    20 skewers
    Directions
    1.Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 61
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!! i gotta find a yummy recipe today!!! Yesterday was M&M cookies but think i can probably come up with a healthier version of something else lol. will get back to this in a bit!
  • babydbones
    Options
    Cheeseburger Pizza
    Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients
    One 12-ounce package whole wheat or oat bran English muffins (6 muffins)
    12 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
    1 large red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
    1 cup pasta sauce
    1 1/2 cups preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions
    1.Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the English muffins in half and place on a baking sheet. Toast lightly in the oven if desired. Set aside.
    2.Place the beef, bell pepper, and oregano in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook, breaking up the large pieces, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat. Add the pasta sauce and mix well.
    3.To assemble the pizzas, top each muffin half with a 12th of the meat mixture. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of each. Bake until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.

Nutrition Information per Serving: 290 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated), 510mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 25g protein, 40% vitamin A, 90% vitamin C

Very yummy!!! I almost posted a snack cuz that's what I though it was for today. but then i re-read the challenge lol. anyway my kids love making thier own little pizzas too!!
  • babydbones
    Options
    Emotional challenge:

Let's see...why am I heavy...well my kids of course! I mean yes, I really did gain a ton of weight when I was pregnant, but I really never did too much to really get rid of it. With my 1st I gained exactly 100 pounds, was 102 when I got pregnant and was 202 when i went to deliver him. Then I lost a bit...was about half, which a bunch of my family and friends said i looked better having some weight on me than when i was super small but i still wasn't 'conten't" but then got preggo again and gained about 50 pounds and then really didn't lose much after he was born and got preggo again and gained almost 30 pounds. and well...I'm DONE having babies...that excuse is no more! i am making a new me! I am not going to 'blame' my kids anymore. I can only blame myself now. And I do not want that anymore. I want to be able to enjoy my kids!!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Emotional challenge:

Let's see...why am I heavy...well my kids of course! I mean yes, I really did gain a ton of weight when I was pregnant, but I really never did too much to really get rid of it. With my 1st I gained exactly 100 pounds, was 102 when I got pregnant and was 202 when i went to deliver him. Then I lost a bit...was about half, which a bunch of my family and friends said i looked better having some weight on me than when i was super small but i still wasn't 'conten't" but then got preggo again and gained about 50 pounds and then really didn't lose much after he was born and got preggo again and gained almost 30 pounds. and well...I'm DONE having babies...that excuse is no more! i am making a new me! I am not going to 'blame' my kids anymore. I can only blame myself now. And I do not want that anymore. I want to be able to enjoy my kids!!!

Love your response and I am so glad you are here with us! I can't believe you were only 102 at one time! That is sooo thin! I too want to be able to enjoy my son and do anything and everything he wants to do.
  • babydbones
    Options
    yea it seems like a lifetime ago! But really i should be way closer to that goal than I am because I am only 5'1. But o well...someday I reach my goal weight, which would be 135!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    yea it seems like a lifetime ago! But really i should be way closer to that goal than I am because I am only 5'1. But o well...someday I reach my goal weight, which would be 135!

I can't imagine being 135...that would be amazing!! I know you will get there!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Karie - 9 Points for me!
    Cardio-1 (Met my Goal) Yay!!
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1
    Recipe vote: Lynda's Fruit Skewers

Renu
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

Lynda
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

Deanna
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

**Looks like we are missing a member ladies, I will get us a replacement soon.
  • babydbones
    Options
    Karie - 9 Points for me!
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Renu
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

Lynda
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

Deanna 9pts
    Cardio-1
    Strength-6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1
    Recipe Vote: Lynda's
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Cathleen has left , is it?
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Karie - 9 Points for me!
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Renu
    Cardio-
    Strength-
    Food-
    Emotional-
    Recipe Vote:

Lynda 9!!!
    Cardio- 1
    Strength- 6 (although i think there should be bonus points for completed it all 6 out of 7 days :wink: )
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1
    Recipe Vote: Karie's

Deanna 9pts
    Cardio-1
    Strength-6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Karie - 9 Points for me!
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Renu
    Cardio- 1
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe Vote: Lynda

Lynda 9!!!
    Cardio- 1
    Strength- 6 (although i think there should be bonus points for completed it all 6 out of 7 days )
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Deanna 9pts
    Cardio-1
    Strength-6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Haven't been able to exercise much as I am taking antibiotics and TOM..too tired and exhausted.. did take a slow walk cuz of my wart underneath my foot... :-(
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Haven't been able to exercise much as I am taking antibiotics and TOM..too tired and exhausted.. did take a slow walk cuz of my wart underneath my foot... :-(

Take it easy you had a crazy week.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Karie - 9 Points for me!
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Renu
    Cardio- 1
    Strength- 6
    Food- 1
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe Vote: Lynda

Lynda 9!!!
    Cardio- 1
    Strength- 6 (although i think there should be bonus points for completed it all 6 out of 7 days )
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Deanna 9pts
    Cardio-1
    Strength-6
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Great job ladies!!!!
    I am so excited and nervous about weigh in tomorrow!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Karie,

For the first time, I am not..heheh cuz I know im gonna weigh more...

But had a very good calorie burn for the first half of the week..so happy.. We all had good calorie burns this week, so hope for the best... :-)

All the best Ladies!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh Ins:

Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 5: 230.6
    Weekly +/- : -2lbs
    Total +/- : -30.4lbs!
    Goal: Did not acheieve my goal to kiss the 230s goodbye this week. Still, lost 2 lbs, so that's great. I'm a little disappointed because this loss did accomplish my goal of losing 30lbs, but I fee like that is tarnished by that stupid .7lb more I needed to lose to weigh in at 229.9. That would have been great! But alas, it was not to be. So my goal for this week is to keep working hard and see that number drop below 230. More importantly, I felt really good about how hard I worked this week and I want to keep feeling like that, so regardless of the number on the scale, my real goal is to exercise every moment I am able.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh Ins:

Starting: 244
    Starting SAHMU: 233.8
    Week 5: 221.4
    Weekly +/- : 0 bs
    Total +/- : -23 lbs

No weight loss for me this week!:sad: :huh:
    I was pretty bummed this morning, but had some time to reflect and I will push on! Yesterday I put on a pair of pants that I wore before I got pregnant and YES they FIT! So I will call that my victory for the week.