Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - sure hope you get to feeling better. i think the bugs going around this year are a bit meaner than other years.

Thanks. Yes, this one was mean for sure. I am feeling a bit better. Just so tired and the cough just won't go away.

How are you feeling?

My mom and Grandma love fried pickles. I prefer fried green beans :)
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming incredibly discouraged this time around.

In the past, when I wanted to lose weight I'd just cut my calories way, way back... to an unhealthy amount (1100 - 1200 calories.. I'm 5'11" so this was not very much). I didn't exercise except for 30 minute walks. This method left me feeling weak, foggy-headed, lethargic and cranky. And, of course, I would always gain the weight back eventually because hunger would take over eventually.

This time I'm eating around 1,450 calories a day and exercising for 45 - 60 minutes, 3-4 days a week. I am also focusing as much on strength training as cardio, so I can build muscle. I am keeping my macros in balance, drinking lots of water and unsweetened tea... but my weight isn't budging. I haven't bothered to measure myself yet... my mind is focused on the scale. That's how progress is measured in the app as well... I think that's why I am getting frustrated. Part of me knows it's irrational, that I should just focus on being healthy, but another part of me wants to see that number go down!!

I get this way from time to time too. In my head, I know that following a healthier diet (for weight loss) and a better fitness routine (for health) makes me feel better, not just physically, but mentally as well. Trouble is, that number on the scale sometimes looms far too large in my head, and it drains my spirit a little each time it refuses to cooperate. I recently fell off the rails on a crazy train. I was waaaaay out of control for a couple of weeks because of this feeling. I'm back to my good habits now, having forgiven myself for the slip and I haven't even stepped on a scale. I can feel my clothing loosening back up, so I know I'm close to where I was when I lost focus, but I'm reluctant to bring that scale number back into my day right now. I'm finally feeling good about my food choices again, and I don't want to be discouraged with a weigh in just yet. I wish there was some way to emotionally disconnect from the number on the scale.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi to all
    Been a few days since I stopped by
    Busy week which actually feels good. Definitely a sign spring is here
    All a happy night
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    wowie - what a day! welcome newcomers.

Dinner is early and dog walk still on table. BBL

here is link to dinner http://www.harvestbowl.com/products/korean-beef/
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Missy- when we do spay/ neuter, they drop off at 8:00 am, pick up after 2:00pm. Doc does surgery first thing in morn and, if all goes well, they're good by noon. We keep them a little longer, just to make sure they are good and awake. Dogs are taking out to potty to make sure they are ok and able to walk. Most the time, the boys are good to go pretty quick. Its such a simple surgery for boys compared to a spay. The hardest part, is keeping them calm, long enough for them to heal. Good luck. Hope he heals quick for you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Did I mention that my pcp also has to lose weight? So we are both looking for lower ## on scale in 6 months. Nothing like being told to lose weight from someone is perfect health.......

Working to get my steps to 6k today so as it is still light out, bbl.

total steps 7033

w8nvs8ukeeea.png

csjzfs9sioad.png

muftfyus4m63.png

Back to work tomorrow :o wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,853 Member
    Options

How did it get to be Tuesday already? That's good I guess.

That's my peep for the day.

Lana

246.8 today, on the NC scale
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So - somehow my myfitnesspal account got switched to my old facebook linked account for about a week. This post was actually me - just clearing it up with who I am.
    Hi all,

I am not sure how many of you use a Garmin but there is a newer feature for many of the tracker models called Garmin Coach. You select a coach and then you get a training plan from that coach to get you ready for a 5K. I just finished my second week. I selected Jeff as my coach and my 5K in June since I hate running and I am super out of shape. I have to say it’s going great and I am sure happy with my selection of coach Jeff.

Check it out if you have a Garmin. I recommend coach Jeff if you a rew to running or out of shape. I hear good things about coach Amy too.

I could not find this group when my account magically fixed itself and I have been looking for it for a while - turns out it is a discussion board not a group which is why I could not find it in groups. But - I am back now and here is my update:

I have been doing well off and on. Some days I am really on it hitting 8K-10K steps and staying under my calorie goal. Other days (like today) I have virtually no steps and have eaten - the worst - stuff. I am finding the days I am less active I actually eat the junk whereas the days that I walk more, I tend to eat better, if if I eat frequently. I have more willpower those days. Need to work on having more of those days and less of the other.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Back to work, had a work nightmare they moved where I sit and my sup could only discuss cookies.......wait that is too close to reality. Yikes. Will see how bad my workfile is.......

Doing better on water, pcp said that she may stop my water pill, waiting for results of blood drawn find out today/tomorrow?

Cafe for lunch and too lazy so leftover lunch for dinner. Shanghai chicken with rice and salad. Decent as things go.

Curl back up with Miss T for another session of sleeping.

Wave to all who follow. Definitely lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    6jbozocf9flu.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I did see that it was 3.14 day but didnt want to get too hungry.... short dog walk and dob wants me gone to work, she will have to wait a little
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My Lodge has a meal every Thursday night and at least twice a month on Saturday. I always eat before we go or pack my food with me. Then I pay for the meal and don't eat it. That way, our funds rise, but my weight doesn't. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    pzi0zggsv4vi.png

w7tm8vy51dr7.png

hehehehe
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9051 total steps

Load of laundry and bag of stuff from carpet cleaning I threw in bags (1 of 2) to go through watching "Call the Midwife" dvd.

Oh how fun chores are.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Veg box is either later this morning (it is quite early) or we have a new driver delivering..... we shall see.

TGIF!!

Dog has belly noises so sleep has been off/on last night, so looking forward to another piece of it before dog walk.

lklimowicz - like the balance in your diet!

Wave to all who follow.

Lurking from work
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ybx0unsfc4ql.jpeg

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    We may be over the drought in CA but the mosquitoes are already annoying, so are those my "Ides of March"? Will buy some repellents this weekend for home and work (coworkers?? >:) ). Dog has it as part of her flea treatment (also applying this weekend). We have had planes spraying for mosquitoes (West Nile Virus) etc, I wonder if we will have them this year??

Okay off to work.