JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,444 Member
    JFT Friday

- Sleep in a little, get to work by 9:00. :)
    - Eat protein bar for breakfast. :( Had Tagalongs... Gotta get those out of the house by some means other than eating them all.
    - Start on cryo-grinding of material.
    - Finish Global Lab Report and distribute it.
    - Leave work around 12:30 (I had a 17 hour day on Wednesday, so I'm able to leave early)
    - Take youngest to the tailor to get her semi formal dress fitted and altered. (Exciting)
    - Stop by the craft store for paint
    - Finish building the dragon for Pinocchio Jr play.
    - I have GOT TO DO some laundry
    - Take youngest to play practice
    - Back home to work on props and laundry
    - Dinner... damn I forgot about dinner. Go to grocery at some point. Make chicken something.
    - Work on props some more (I'm behind)
    - Work on laundry some more (I'm behind)
    - No alcohol (I'm been drinking a lot more than usual for the last week or so)
    - Find a few minutes of peaceful alone time to write in my journal. I along with exercise, I haven't done this in over a week.
    - To bed early-ish
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    edited March 2019
    Recap R 3/21 ~ For the first time since DST clock change, I got up early before work & worked out! Yay me! Know it will get easier as sunrise becomes earlier.
    1) X-trained [weights / circuit] before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,937 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Weekly workplace mindful "snowshoe" hike has changed locations & will be a walk on paved trails due to melted snow / leave on time = Small group w/ S as leader & we decided to walk more briskly than usual, fine by me... some of us actually had to slow down, since Kip not there at rear, for the slower people that couldn't keep up. Walking into brisk wind was cold, but turning back, the sun started to break through the clouds and we saw a sandhill crane in flight... another sure sign spring is on its way. 2.11 miles 41:51 and happy me B)
    4) Leftovers day & prelogged meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = After choir had sore throat again, so had a little unplanned for peppermint schnapps. :D Net calories -25 :) , sodium -444, sugar -30, fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 12c water :/
    5) Pre-event tasks for next week's seminar :smiley: determined survey/email blasts could be canceled since speakers will handle & everything else ready / email organizer w/ details & arrange date/time to transfer materials & projector :smile:
    6) After work: call mom & dad :smiley: good chat ~ it'd been a while / choir 6:30 :smiley: / some to-do's? nope :p
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 :smile: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :( (walk dog after work F)

JFT F 3/22
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Not sure about supper / other meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Catch up work inbox
    4) Walk dog after work
    5) Evening: laundry / wash dishes / other to-do's
    6) UNPLUG 9:30 / floss / retainers / no alarm for Sat. a.m. & bed by 11 (yay ~ walk dog while hubby sleeps)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Friday

- Sleep in a little, get to work by 9:00. :)
    - Eat protein bar for breakfast. :( Had Tagalongs... Gotta get those out of the house by some means other than eating them all.
    - Start on cryo-grinding of material.
    - Finish Global Lab Report and distribute it.
    - Leave work around 12:30 (I had a 17 hour day on Wednesday, so I'm able to leave early)
    - Take youngest to the tailor to get her semi formal dress fitted and altered. (Exciting)
    - Stop by the craft store for paint
    - Finish building the dragon for Pinocchio Jr play.
    - I have GOT TO DO some laundry
    - Take youngest to play practice
    - Back home to work on props and laundry
    - Dinner... damn I forgot about dinner. Go to grocery at some point. Make chicken something.
    - Work on props some more (I'm behind)
    - Work on laundry some more (I'm behind)
    - No alcohol (I'm been drinking a lot more than usual for the last week or so)
    - Find a few minutes of peaceful alone time to write in my journal. I along with exercise, I haven't done this in over a week.
    - To bed early-ish

Is there enough hours in the day to complete this list?! I felt tired reading it!!

Definitely make the time for your peaceful alone time! Sounds like youll need it after a busy day,!!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,520 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »

JFT 3/21/19

Walk on treadmill for 1/2 hour o:)
    Drink all my water :# I think 6 seem to be my ideal number

Got everything logged in yesterday and even working till 9, I still got in some reading before bed. Tues, Weds, Thurs are usually my 15 hr work days so it's hard to get things complete.

JFT 3/22/19

Log everything
    Walk on treadmill
    Fish
    Vacuum and dust
    Take dogs for a walk
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,468 Member
    cory17 wrote: »
    JFT: CONSISTENCY
    Love myself!!
    Bed earlier & set the clock ;)
    Take photo of garage pile :)
    Get papers ready for inspection :)
    Log all :)
    fluids :)
    walk dog :)
    study at least 1 hr ;) 1/2
    prep for tomorrow :)

FRI;
    Bed at 8
    FINISH TAX SUBMITTING
    3 boxes go thru
    get tires done
    fluids
    no more sugar
    walk dog

@clicketykeys I am so sorry you are uber stressed out. You shouldn't have HOURSx3 of unpaid work. Kindof think it's one of those leftover "but it's for the children", used to be traditionally underpaid female just working till she gets married and doesn't really need to live off of it roles. One of the jobs my dh worked, he got a check later on r/t a class action suit for the guys needing to unload their tools from work vehicle "when they arrived home".

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Faebert - I couldn’t go out walking that early in the morning I would be way too nervous. I don’t know how you can work all day after being up at those times. It’s Friday!

Maryrobinson40- I sure love the Charlie Brown message!

Awhit4842 - I have never yelled at an employee, but I sure do understand the sentiment. Sometimes they like to push our buttons, just like kids. I was asked when interviewing on Monday if I would be satisfied in a non-management/supervisory role. My answer was “yes, that’s what I’m looking for”.

Clicketykeys - you got through the day, that’s what counts. Do you have a break with your exams and essays now?

Aubyshortcake - I’ll have a look for that exercise program. I think I need to start including some strength training of some kind.

Elbee1- I am a firm believer that the best time to do exercise is “when you’ll actually do it”. My husband is a hermit so I end up being home a lot more than I would like. We never do anything together and it makes me very unhappy, so I would accept all those invitations too.

Thank you all for the positive vibes and well wishes!!!!

To be honest @snowflake1968 I was really struggling at work by the end of the day. Just so tired! Not sure I will repeat the walk - or at least take a different route next time! There were a few people still out drunk from the night before!! One guy ran across the road and stopped me to give me a flower because it was his birthday!?! I wasn’t scared as it was fairly busy and nearly completely light. But it was unsettling. Plus it took ages and I had to stop to find somewhere to use the loo on the way back!

Still, I’m at 21,500 steps for today without any soreness so it wasn’t a totally pointless exercise!

Have jumped on tonight to see if there is any job news. Have everything crossed for you 🤞🏼x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    @snowflake1968 Oh, I am so hopeful! It does sound like a good fit. Now we wait! Maybe another opportunity to interview will come up...you've got the practice in!

So happy for you. And whew! your part is done :smiley:

Have a peaceful and joyful weekend, Snowflake!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 Oh, I am so hopeful! It does sound like a good fit. Now we wait! Maybe another opportunity to interview will come up...you've got the practice in!

So happy for you. And whew! your part is done :smiley:

Have a peaceful and joyful weekend, Snowflake!

Thank you so much! Yes the hard part is over for me. No matter what happens I will feel more comfortable going to another interview now.

You have a great weekend as well!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    @mytime6630 Yes, yes, yes!!! Right now, this very moment, you are getting geared up for battle come Oct. Nov. and Dec. Right now you are preparing your MIND to push through and come out with no damage done. This is so very exciting.

And it is so true---our thinking truly affects our actions. Thank you for the reminder.

Have a weekend overflowing with peace and enjoy your family and the celebrations.

(and let your word of the year lead the way!!!)
    4xh4utfpjbza.png
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 22 March

I've had a lovely time away eating far too much and not walking enough whilst celebrating my parents wedding anniversary. Tomorrow is a 13 hours plus, car journey so no goals. I will try to get back on track on Sunday.

Goodnight all and good luck with your endeavours tomorrow.
  • Faebert
    @snowflake1968 - sounds positive. Hope they don’t take too long to decide.

@ZizzyBumble - glad you enjoyed your trip.

@mytime6630 - great post about mindset and positivity. It’s so important to identify and fix negative self-talk

X
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @Faebert - Sounds like you had a really interesting walk this morning! I generally don't have folks interrupt me when I go for a walk. I think it's because I'm always very focused, and people see this:
    t9iz721z3qjs.gif

And they get out of my way ;D

*hugs* @Snowflake1968 - Pleeease keep us posted!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been gone a few days! I ended up giving myself a concussion on Tuesday(I think it was Tuesday..) Long story short, I fell and hit my head on a trash can...yes I know. I'm a clutz. What's worse, the next day I gave myself a hot oil burn when hot cooking oil splashed on the inside of my elbow. So those two days were interesting. I've been dealing with the cuncussion symptoms which have not been fun. It's only a slight one and most of the time it's okay but then randomly some symptom pops up and I remember...."Oh yeah. I have a concussion."

It's been making it a bit hard to make and stick to goals. But I am going to attempt to make some tomorrow.

I just wanted to give you guys an update.

See you guys tomorrow!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 OMG! A concussion... My word! I'm thankful you made it back to us, but I'm
    So Sorry about you falling, hitting your head, and getting an oil burn. Hugs, Please be careful.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    @bookmeister86 Reading your post from a few days ago was like a page out of my diary this week. Some rough days. Hearing how you worked to boost yourself back up really spoke to me, so thank you for sharing. It definitely made me feel less alone in my struggles.
    @toaljasa Your call for self-care is spot on right now. Thank you for the check in and encouragement.
    @HEGoddard0928 Oh no! That sounds like a pretty tough day. Take care of yourself!

I'll be honest I've had a rough few days. My mom has been in town and I've tried to work around family meals and still eat healthily with mixed success. I also was in a funk with poor sleep and, looking back, not great self-care. Today I found out an old acquaintance of mine took his life this week. Honestly not someone I'm close to or have stayed in touch with but it really makes you think. I've been going over past conversations trying to see if I saw anything or missed anything. Thinking about what I could have said or done, but I know there isn't anything. Even those who were close to him were shocked. It's just very sad to hear. I did a family dinner tonight and have been reaching out a lot today. I have plans to go shopping with family tomorrow and I know that will help. I know I need to be kind to myself and focus on leaving slips with health habits where they belong, in the past. All I can do is move forward. Life is too precious and beautiful to dwell on mistakes and not forgive ourselves. Love you all!

JFT (3/22)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups :(
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories :(
    exercise 30 minutes :(
    go to bed between 9-10 :(
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/23)
    self care self care self care
    reach out to supports
    be kind
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • Faebert
    @clicketykeys I am never normally in receipt of anything more than a nod from a fellow jogger when I’m out in the morning. And bf frequently accuses me of having ‘resting b1tch face’ 😉 Can only conclude that the guys I passed were so drunk they couldn’t read my ‘f-off and leave me alone’ signs... Lesson learned. Early morning through the city is not a peaceful sunrise experience when you’re dodging drunks and inhaling lorry fumes!