Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    5760 total steps

Tomorrow is Shepherds pie with mushrooms and lentils and cauliflower "mashed potatoes" - ww magazine recipe.

Missy- person on my WW (now FB) knitters board joined WW again to get the structure she missed. Keep us posted how it goes.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Another early day for me. No reason, but I'm up. Since 2 am central time. I decided to be productive, so laundry is sorted, first load in the washer, and my purse has been cleaned out. Considering beginning to pack for my trip coming up on Thursday.

Mainly jumped on top say "Thank you" for all your wonderful comments about reaching this month's goal. I really mean it when I say this group has been a major component of my success. We all have our struggles, but we can succeed.

Thank you!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

I know you started today Twiley- but if I keep a day at the top if I have to refer back its easier to find. Where are you going?

Dog to Vet for her bi-annual physical so no food (little food to eat meds) and will spend today alone, so great time to vacuum.

We are a full 10 degrees colder than midweek. Mother Nature has a strange sense of humor.

Back for a little more zzzz then groceries and take dog to vet. Cooking biggest item on to do list.

Wave to all who follow. bbl.
  • Twiley510
    Options
    SUNDAY
    I know you started today Twiley- but if I keep a day at the top if I have to refer back its easier to find. Where are you going?
    I

Sorry, I forgot the day because it was still "night". LOL

My SO and I are going to spend four days in Cookeville, TN for the Moose Mid-year Conference. My Women of the Moose Chapter is hostessing this event which means we are responsible for registration, goodie bags, door prize distrbution, attendance reports, and facilitating all meetings. The is a big deal for us to be chosen as hostess chapter because our Lodge is only three years old. All our officers will be very busy and a lot of the "running" will be up to me since I'm just a co-worker. Looking forward to serving my Lodge in this capacity.

I expect to report a small weight gain upon my return. The only thing my SO has requested is a trip to Golden Corral for dinner on Thursday night and I will grant him that. We have no control over our food choices for Friday and Saturday dinners, but I am taking my food for the rest of the meals.I

I probably won't post much while I'm gone, but you are all used to me popping in and out, I think.

Waving to all! Enjoy your week.

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Have fun Twiley! How did the weaving go?
    Sara - That shepherds pie sounds really good!
    Missy, are you in a formal WW group or are you just following the plan?

Raining here today. Yesterday was so beautiful and it was so good to walk the woods with the girls. 18,000 steps by the end of day. Earned some extra food, but didn't eat all of the calories back.
    Hit 3 antique stores and 3 Goodwill stores in the afternoon. Love to shop the Goodwill for hard-back books. They usually run about 3.50 a book and you never know what you are going to find. I've had great luck there. One of my favorite antique stores also has a huge section with old CDs for about 3.00 each, and I've managed to build a great collection for the kitchen stereo.
    I've been looking for a small, low chest of drawers for my room and found a beautiful one yesterday that just needs a little love. Overall it is in pretty good shape. Nothing some fine grain sandpaper and a good tung-oil rub won't cure.
    Hope everyone has a peaceful and productive Sunday.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Missy- good luck with WW. I really would love to join, again. I just can't afford it and, there's only 1 meeting a week and it's in the evening. I tried that once. Don't like stepping on scale after eating all day. If I could figure out how to do it, without having to join, I would. Tried once and didn't do as well as I had hoped. Good luck!
  • Twiley510
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @suzu_2 The weaving went well. It was a long day, though. The basket is darling! It's one of the few filled bottom baskets I've made. They can be tricky. When it stops raining, I'll take outside and get some pictures. The lighting in my house is horrible.

I'm looking forward to using this basket for opening day of my Farmer's Market in June. I always carry a basket to get my
    vegetables.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Miss T did well in her teeth cleaning - cosmetic surgery recommended but I was not home to okay it - "next time" thing. Will pick her up in the afternoon.

Quiet here without her and great time to vacuum.

Bought a chicken pot pie the deli makes and was told it is big enough for 2 servings (less calories and salt and better $$$$), so that is lunch.

I have a crocheted handbag to take to Farmer's Market, but Farmer's Market got too expensive.......

• lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Out for a short hike today. Was hoping for 5 miles but there was a bike race going on where we ended up. Dog was not having anymore driving without a walk so short it was.

I was at a conference all week and was not getting in my workouts consistently. While weight was not up, it was not down either. I started out not eating processed carbs but of course by the end I was eating the deserts and bread.

I need to kick myself into gear.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Miss T did well in her teeth cleaning - cosmetic surgery recommended but I was not home to okay it - "next time" thing. Will pick her up in the afternoon.

Quiet here without her and great time to vacuum.

Bought a chicken pot pie the deli makes and was told it is big enough for 2 servings (less calories and salt and better $$$$), so that is lunch.

I have a crocheted handbag to take to Farmer's Market, but Farmer's Market got too expensive.......
    Glad Miss T did well with Dental... do you know what they wanted to fix? Just curious....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6532 total steps

Dawn - procedure was not done because I was not at phone to "okay" it - something having to do with drooping gums??

Missy- my issues is twofold $$$ and not a meeting nearby at a time I can go (unless I didnt work....) hope your meeting goes well.

Sink full of dishes - wish my casserole turned out better, but some things taste better the next day so I am hoping that is the case.

Dishes/ book then lights out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- that is interesting...I don't think I've heard that, before. Maybe, they are concerned with it effecting her eating at some point. Hope casserole is yummy, tomorrow... have a good night!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down another pound so far 2.8 pounds - nice change.

Dawn - the other Chihuahua who got her teeth done (one of the Vet tech's) had the same "issue" maybe the species?

Suzu - all those herbs fresh are stupid expensive at the store so good for you!! I was thinking pasta but many of those go well into breads.

Not quite awake, so lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Where is my coffee? Where is that cup of ambition?

Lana

247.2 Good grief.
    250.0 Highest
    218.0 insanely lofty June 22nd goal
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Had a pretty great weekend! Weather was warmer and got out for some good hikes.
    Great catch up this AM on here!
    Suzu - We cooked down almost 175 gallons of sap, which produces about 4 gallons of maple syrup. We give alot away as gifts. it is going well. My arms and shoulders are getting sore from carrying buckets (: Great excuse to be in outdoors though!
    Twiley - CONGRATS!
    Missy - good luck with WW. Accountability is always what seems to be missing for me. Even if we do a group here at work for "pride" - no cost - I do not do as well as I have in the past with WW. it is expensive, but health is worth it if it works for you.
    hello Lana, Megan, Dawn, Tracy, Sara and all others who swing by!
    Lurking...
    Lynn
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Happy Day All

Went to my Dad's for the weekend. He's 82 so his house needed much attention. Cleaned all rooms, windows, and hubby installed a new "tall" toilet. I try to get there once a month, weather was nice so got the front of the house windows done. Maybe next month get to the back side windows.

Hubby and my brother went ice fishing and came back with a lake trout. Grilling this weekend. Havent had fresh trout for a while so it will be a nice change.

Goal for the week: Strict eating again. (the scale needs to start moving again). No cheating this week!
    I will be going to the grocery store later to stock up for salad and soup.

Suzu, this year I will be doing a small raised bed garden for fresh herbs especially. They are crazy expensive in the store. I have chives planted in my flower garden I believe at least 15 yrs old and they come back every year.

Twiley congrats on the loss! Inspiring to me to get at it already!

Lana, Arniedog, and everyone else... We got this... Lets get moving & eating healthy to meet or scale goals.. (Scale is very important to me, but I just want to say..."My clothes are toooo big, time for new!")

Hope everyone has a great week!
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9xdly454qu9w.png
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- it is quite possible that's a breed thing. I'm learning, certain breeds are prone to certain things. It's funny, what you think you know and what little you actually do know... myself specifically.

Birdie- grilled Trout sounds yummy! That is good of you to help your Dad. I really wish I could get to my Gma's more often to help her with cleaning. She knows it's too much for her. So, some things have fallen by the wayside. Family is there, they just don't seem to have time for cleaning.

Lana- Hi!!! Cup of coffee on its way! Still looking for my ambition!

Lynn- syrup sounds yummy! I've always wanted to do that. Fresh is so much better!

Trying something different for lunch. Horrible weekend of eating everything in site. I made, avocado egg salad...yummy! Not eating on bread. Using lettuce instead. Was hoping it would be more filling. But, not complaining... will definitely try again!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    9505 steps Friday
    2576 steps Saturday
    5154 steps Sunday
    Had busy weekend! Grandkids on Friday night. Neighbor's 50th birthday party Saturday. Jeep Road Tour/Mystery Dinner on Sunday. Did not have time to get everything done that I had wanted. Certainly did not get steps in like I wanted. I think I am going to look into WW too. Not sure if they have any real life meetings around here (we are pretty far into the country) but a friend has lost over 80 pounds doing WW online. I have lost weight before on my own but this time, I don't know why but its like I have no will power or no real motivation when it comes down to it. Emotional eating plays a big part too. I do great a few days or even a week, then- boom! -fall off the wagon.... then set the wagon on fire and roast s'mores over the flames. :(