Over 60 still trying

Options

Replies

• Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @ChrisS_51 , your story is so inspirational, keep at it and re-read your own story to help you remember ‘why’ and to motivate you. I’ll send a friend request as would be fun to comment on your daily posts, and see how my new Australian MFP is doing.
  • Longing4Maui
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @suziecue25 add me as a friend, the comments and such on daily posts really are helping me out. Day 70 today, down 17 lbs, quite a ways to go, but more motivated this time than ever before. And starting to feel the loss is really helpful.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Hey, happy birthday @evamutt.
    Welcome to club 65.

Cheers, h. 🥂
  • Longing4Maui
    Options
    @Evamutt Happy Birthday!! What a better way to celebrate than to start getting those extra lbs off, you can do it as you’ve proved that with your 50 lb loss! That is inspirational to me and others who are working at it. I’m not sure what the HIT class is, but I too am coming off a longer recovery from two surgeries and just getting the ok to ‘get moving again’. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted as I know you’ll get those 7 off again.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello, been reading your posts, but haven't said much. I lost 50lbs, but gained back 7 recently. Today I went back to the HIIT class at the gym which I stopped going to due to pneumonia but them didn't go back after I recovered. It was great to be back.. turning 65 tomorrow

Happy birthday, Eva. Enjoy your day! (I went to sign up for Medicare today, so I'm not far behind you.)

Also, great job on the weight loss!

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, @Evamutt!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 60's and married.I'm friendly and supportive.If you are friendly and supportive too, feel free to add me.
    I'm on Keto Diet ( high fat, low carbs, moderate protein,vegetables ,some fruits and NO SUGAR)I lost 13.8 in 53 days.From this week,I will try to lose more weight a bit faster. It's getting easier for me.
    I accept friend requests from people who are on any diets.You will be on a diet that suit you.NO, judgmental people please.x
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hey hey hey! Just checking in here.
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    29.6 pounds down, so close to 30 pounds - my first mini goal. I'm going to work on my next 30 pounds off. I am really focussing on how much I eat - still putting too much on my plate. Also will work on getting more walking and stretching in.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    daklock wrote: »
    29.6 pounds down, so close to 30 pounds - my first mini goal. I'm going to work on my next 30 pounds off. I am really focussing on how much I eat - still putting too much on my plate. Also will work on getting more walking and stretching in.

That is awesome! Hang in there. You got this!
  • Kitsgirl2
    Kitsgirl2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and lost over 100 pounds. I started at 59 and made goal at 61. Took me a bit longer than some but I have maintained for a year now. You can do it! I don't do anything extreme. I walk 5 to 6 days a week and eat low calorie. I also have a low thyroid and CFS so even with that it can be done. There are quite a few of us in this age bracket on here who have reached goal. Don't let them ever tell you it can't be done at our age.

You are inspiration. I'm 58 and hope to loose 100 lbs in 20 months by my 60th birthday. Using MFP is making it so much easier than I've ever had before so crossing fingers that this feeling just keeps on going and pounds come off!
  • 21RelentlessOne
    21RelentlessOne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be 54 in a few days. I am back on My Fitness Pal after serious complications from weight loss surgery. I'll spare you the details for now. I weight a few pounds heavier now than when I had my first weight loss surgery 5 years. If there is anyone out there who can be being back to where they started I would love to hear from you. I'm looking to make some new friends on the site now that I am back. I'm still learning my way around the site since I am back. If there is anyone who has had weight loss surgery complications, an abdominal hernia, diverticulitis and trying to lose weight for a safe abdominal hernia repair surgery I would love to hear from you. Also if you feel we have some common ground or you can relate to anything I have said I would also love to hear from you and hopefully become friends to encourage each other on the good days and the not so good days.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    ... Since last time I posted I went to 3 HIIT classes. The third one did me in. I can't explain exactly why but it was too much somehow. I think it's because I got older since the last time I was going regularly so I'll be doing my own thing at the gym, which includes swimming. I go 1-2 days/week.

I have read recommendations to limit HIIT workouts to twice a week. Some recovery time is needed, especially for seasoned citizens. You might be able do one or two HIIT workouts if you space out the sessions.
    My main exercise is walking my dogs 5-6 mornings/week or taking them to dog park which is like a basin so I usually run up/down the hills a few times besides walking around for an hour. One of my most beloved dogs died January 15 of kidney failure. I loved him so much & miss him terribly. I have 3 other large dogs, 2 are seniors & 1 has a bone disease so they don't walk fast or long. 2 are little, 1 of them is a senior. since my Grizzly, 100 lb shep/akita mix died who did walk faster & longer, I've been volunteering more at the dog rescue but then Eleanor came into my life. She was a stray German Shep, young, female who we took to our daughter's house who lives next door because we had 6 dogs & didn't know how she was with dogs. Owner was found a month after but gave her back to our daughter. Since then I've been taking her for walks & dog park & she loves being at our house. So much so that she jumps the 4' fence that's between us so.....I'm back to walking fast & long lol

All that walking is great. Keep that up, Eva!

• Longing4Maui
    Options
    I haven’t been monitoring as couldn’t get into Community for a few weeks, not sure what the issue was. I’m still here, and trudging on towards goal. Lost 26.2 to date, about 35 more to get to ‘my goal’ of 175. I’m getting close to hitting that ‘below 200 mark’ and so excited as it’s been YEARS since I was under 200. Have 5.8 lbs to go and then will celebrate that first hurdle. @alteredsteve175 and @daklock and some other friends have been so encouraging on this journey. I am willing to be a friend to anyone, so send me a request if you’d like. And I’ll keep trying to monitor this group as long as I can get in.