What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Weeded front flower beds and planted some new miniature rose bushes. Four more roses to put in and then I've gotta mulch. No today though, too much time on my knees made them ache.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: swam 3750 yards/150 lengths in 75 minutes.
    Walked 1.5 miles
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga, dead hangs, handstand wall holds, pull-ups, handstand press up negatives, pike press, dips and lateral raises...
  • aninya
    aninya Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire Fire 60
    57 Minute Kickboxing workout
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Leg day, almost deadlifted 455 pounds at 180 pounds, no straps, had it off the ground up past my knee but it was off- balance. Soon soon!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    5x8'/2min rest on the erg at the boathouse. The last interval was with feet out.

Note to self, erg two days a week and spend at least 10 min of those sessions with feet out.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    5x8'/2min rest on the erg at the boathouse. The last interval was with feet out.

Note to self, erg two days a week and spend at least 10 min of those sessions with feet out.

LOL!

Good plan: The first time I sculled feet-out, I ended up on my back, head on the knees of my bow rower. ;) (Fortunately, she laughed.)

And that's ignoring the negative directional force of over-using the shoes on the turnaround/recovery. ;););)
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    10 miles | 30:58
    10 x 10 reps Squats
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    20 min jog @ 6.7 mph, and a back lift day
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    an hour of Power Yoga
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    30min deep stretch with PT
    2 mile recovery shuffle (very slow and painful
    Tabata - managed everything but jacks
    Bodypump - used light weights for upper body and no weight for legs, but the deep squats felt so good.

I would not advise this level of activity for most people the day after a marathon, but my body is pretty much used to this the day after a long run and I have taken it easier than usual.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    10 Burpee squat Jumps
    18 Diamond Pushups

6 rounds of
    15 Burpees
    25 Jumping Jacks
    20 Jumping Lung Splits

50 sprawls..

Freeletics ....
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    30 easy minutes on the rower and 20 after on the AirDyne Pro. All steady state work (easy cardio).
  • asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Power Walk, 43 minutes.
  • saraansari00100
    saraansari00100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YouTube workout : Bob Harper “total body transformation “ for 1hr <3
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    2 mile easy walk for an active rest day.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

LOL!

Good plan: The first time I sculled feet-out, I ended up on my back, head on the knees of my bow rower. ;) (Fortunately, she laughed.)

And that's ignoring the negative directional force of over-using the shoes on the turnaround/recovery. ;););)

Oh gosh just think if you were in a pair! ;)

Yeah it was kind of hilarious, though not as hilarious as your story. I was with some novices on one side of the boathouse, and on the other side was a pretty advanced rower who has seen me from a launch a number of times and, this morning, could see me (and no one else but me) through the sea of boats on racks that was between us. So during our last rest she came up to me and was like "so, what would happen if you rowed feet out?" At least I knew what was going to happen (unlike someone who was erging behind me who tried and apparently nearly toppled off his erg).

At one point, during my last interval, I heard her 10 feet away saying, "patience...!" Amusingly the one major thing I noticed during my two races Saturday was how much I was rushing the slide.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I went to Jazzercize
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    10 miles | 30:58
    10 x 10 reps Squats
    My legs are dead.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga, dead hangs, handstand wall holds, Australian pullups (wide/shoulder/close grips), spiderman pushups, reverse fly's and face pulls...