Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Cara-mel here

Awesome race report @lporter229!

Well we just had someone come look at the house, and it all sounds very promising, but until we have an offer... At least they loved the place.

I did 6k this morning. Felt great after 2 longer runs. Going out again tomorrow, not sure yet what distance, I think I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

I missed... did you get a job offer yet? Find a place to move to?

No job offer yet, interview is a week on Tuesday. and we are doing things backwards lol. We have family in the new town so can stay with them temporarily until we find a new house, we can't afford to finance two homes so have to sell here first. And if we sell but don't get the job, we will move anyway because jobs will come up again soon and easier if already there.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,071 Member
    Options
    @runnermom419 Yeah!!!! Great run!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @runnermom419 congrats!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    04/01........00M.......1.0M
    04/02........07M.......0.0M
    04/03........11M.......3.5M
    04/04........00M.......3.5M
    04/05........10M.......1.5M
    04/06........17M.......0.0M
    04/07........00M.......4.8M
    04/08........00M.......2.0M
    04/09........08M.......0.0M
    04/10........08M.......0.0M
    04/11........13M.......0.0M
    04/12........00M.......0.0M*traveling*
    04/13........00M.......0.0M*traveling*
    04/14........00M.......0.0M*traveling*
    04/15........09M.......0.0M
    04/16........10M.......0.0M
    04/17........00M.......0.0M
    04/18........10M.......0.0M
    04/19........11M.......0.0M

---MTD: 16.3 miles walking, 114 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019
    Hell Have No Hurry - June 2019 - Maybe

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @runnermom419 congrats on your new PR!
    @hanlonsk very nice race! Congrats!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Walked 6.5 miles. It’s been over a week since my Achilles made itself known, and it’s no longer painful when doing heel raises, so I tried a short trot, and within a few steps was able to determine I should not be running yet. Very frustrated, this looks like it may be a long recovery. And it was such a pretty day for running! Trying hard not to be jealous of the other runners we passed.

The woods trails were mostly underwater so we walked down to the soccer field and around it then back, which leads down the old wagon trail - it has a historical plaque explaining that it was once an Indian trail, then later a wagon trail between plantations. It’s now paved, mostly runners and bikers, but still a sunken road tightly enclosed by ancient trees. It’s very easy to picture what it would have been like 150 years ago.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,071 Member
    Options
    @simcon1 That is really a freak accident and so scary. Glad it didn't hit you in the face or something.

@shanaber Love your vacation photos!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - thanks for the explanation 🤣
    @katharmonic - he will only look at the camera begrudgingly with lots of encouragement. Mostly he looks everywhere but! It was also incredibly windy and that spot was just a bit sheltered.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    So my bruise is almost gone. But I got a new (small) bruise on my run today to take its place... It was so bizarre—I was running on my usual rail trail, at a place where there’s a pretty busy road about 30 feet above it on one side. You can’t see the road, though. Out of the blue, one of those square reflectors that are stuck in the road (about 4 or 5 inches square) came flying seemingly out of the sky and hit me on the stomach! These two women walking nearby also saw it—I’m glad because otherwise it would have been even stranger to puzzle out what happened.

That is a whole new kind of road rage! :joy:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Great race report! I saw your splits in real time, nice and even. Ended up abandoning my post as Kenmore Square before you got there, over concern about managing in the rain with my stress fracture. Probably would have missed you anyway; I missed several people in the crowd even though I got the 40K text message ~600m before they should have passed my position. OTOH, I did pick 2 people that I wasn't tracking out of the crowd as familiar faces.

Watching is totally different from running. At Kenmore, I see the wheelchairs come past . . . then the elite women . . . then the elite men . . . then the waves. It was interesting watching the character of the runners change as the worked from faster to slower. The slower runners showed that they were hurting more than the faster runners did.