April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey all. No run for me. Come to the big smoke to do a shopping trip with a friend. Bought some new work shoes that will double as interview shoes. Currently sitting 8n Mcdonalds while the kids play in the playground. They don't really like mcdonalds food, and I'm not eating any, but they have that damned playground that the kids LOVE. Jessica 3ven promised to eat the food if we go. I got them apple slices, and water and the happy meals come with a book so that's something.

I have gotten so picky with shoes now, even work shoes. My running life bleeding into work life haha. But I refuse to accept uncomfortable shoes now. 8m pretty sure these shoes will work but until I wear them at work, I'm skeptical.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run today, spent it driving around instead... err looking at the clock, I mean no run YESTERDAY. Erf. Been a really long day... hopefully, that means tomorrow (err today?) is shorter to make up for it! :smiley:
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    01/04 1.73 miles
    02/04 3.42 miles
    03/04 3.24 miles
    04/04 2.37 miles
    05/04 3.51 miles
    06/04 3.22 miles
    07/04 2.78 miles
    08/04 2.08 miles
    09/04 3.22 miles
    10/04 3.24 miles
    11/04 2.23 miles
    12/04 1.04 miles - for the April Streak
    13/04 4.14 miles

exercise.png

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Didn’t slip out of work quite as early as I wanted, but made it out with plenty of time before I got dark. Ran along the cycle track but then got to the end with more miles wanted!! Hopped over a stile and across into Vallis Vale, a path along the river with a famous Unconformity named after the father of British Geological Survey, Henry de la Beche. For a nerdy moment I did a quick gawp at how hundreds of years ago some chap stared at a rock and realised odd stuff was going on, and how the Earth was formed.

I learnt a few things on my run:

It’s amazing how much nicer running on hard packed Earth is to tarmac
    The track near my work isn’t long enough
    I can amazingly (although painfully slowly) crack out a 10 mile run after a day at work
    Refuelling should happen earlier than 6 miles in - I had a wooden legs half hour where my pace was a spectacular 13.46 minute mile as the flapjack tried to kick in
    Never say hi to a dog as it tries to say hi back #muddypaws
    I should do speedwork.
    I should leave a note so when colleagues see my car still at work they don’t worry about me.
    Plan ahead and have food ready to eat when you get back - rather than having to stop at the store
    It’s wild garlic season already.
    c0medfeqchbh.jpeg
    rcpwho3c3ag2.jpeg
    7j2p3lan48if.jpeg
    iqslc2be3z17.jpeg
    biw68ehqlcxm.jpeg

That looks like a great place to run!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Didn’t slip out of work quite as early as I wanted, but made it out with plenty of time before I got dark. Ran along the cycle track but then got to the end with more miles wanted!! Hopped over a stile and across into Vallis Vale, a path along the river with a famous Unconformity named after the father of British Geological Survey, Henry de la Beche. For a nerdy moment I did a quick gawp at how hundreds of years ago some chap stared at a rock and realised odd stuff was going on, and how the Earth was formed.

I learnt a few things on my run:

It’s amazing how much nicer running on hard packed Earth is to tarmac
    The track near my work isn’t long enough
    I can amazingly (although painfully slowly) crack out a 10 mile run after a day at work
    Refuelling should happen earlier than 6 miles in - I had a wooden legs half hour where my pace was a spectacular 13.46 minute mile as the flapjack tried to kick in
    Never say hi to a dog as it tries to say hi back #muddypaws
    I should do speedwork.
    I should leave a note so when colleagues see my car still at work they don’t worry about me.
    Plan ahead and have food ready to eat when you get back - rather than having to stop at the store
    It’s wild garlic season already.
    c0medfeqchbh.jpeg
    rcpwho3c3ag2.jpeg
    7j2p3lan48if.jpeg
    iqslc2be3z17.jpeg
    biw68ehqlcxm.jpeg

I'm thinking that stream is full of trout...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat Looks like a wonderful place to run. I need to find something better than up and down my driveway or out my rural road and back.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Butterchop and @Tramboman on your races.
    @garygse that's awesome you went ahead and ran your HM. Who needs bling anyway :D We just got a barrage of hail here too. Heavy rain expected all day. So guess the run this weekend will get pushed to Sunday again.
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    We are always in this pocket. We didn’t get anything but drizzle and some wind.
    *study break*
    1marchiohvei.jpeg
    I need a crazy monster cat. Instead I have a yowling cat that likes to wake everyone up in the early hours of the morning, and one that has the intelligence of a marble.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    Bunnyhop 5k this morning. The rain held off and it was an easy race. My fastest 5k yet chip time 27:03. Placed 4 in age group. The medals were divided only by age group not male/female so 3 female in age group. Daughter finished 2 in age group/ 1 female. Really good small race and the shirts were purple so a definite win.

Yay! Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Was planning an easy run today, but ugh. Not feeling up to it. Think might have gotten bad food at the rest stop on the turnpike. Shocking I know. Ugh.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    Bunnyhop 5k this morning. The rain held off and it was an easy race. My fastest 5k yet chip time 27:03. Placed 4 in age group. The medals were divided only by age group not male/female so 3 female in age group. Daughter finished 2 in age group/ 1 female. Really good small race and the shirts were purple so a definite win.

Great race!!!